|
|
On October 07 2013 13:32 Belisarius wrote:Show nested quote +On October 07 2013 13:09 wairai wrote:On October 07 2013 12:24 Acritter wrote: Is it supposed to be a thing that if you get hit with enough damage at once, Abaddon's ult doesn't activate? And I'm not talking about getting hit with a Laguna Blade or something, just a Timbersaw casting a lot of spells very close to the same time. Enough damage can bypass the ultimate activations. HP 400 and got laguna till death'd. ...that's what he explicitly said was not happening. How much max HP did abba have? Is it possible that 220 pure was enough to one-shot through the threshhold? I was level 17 or so with no real buffs to health, so well over 1k max but not quite 2k.
On October 07 2013 13:45 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:Show nested quote +On October 07 2013 12:24 Acritter wrote: Is it supposed to be a thing that if you get hit with enough damage at once, Abaddon's ult doesn't activate? And I'm not talking about getting hit with a Laguna Blade or something, just a Timbersaw casting a lot of spells very close to the same time. I'm not sure if this applies to dota2, but if the hit that activates borrowed time kills you then you'll still die due to the way the JASS is run. The hit that activates borrowed time does not receive the healing effects so if you're at 399 hp and take 399 damage that activates borrowed time you'll still die from the damage. It's kinda like getting Laguna bladed from >400 except it also wastes the ultimate since borrowed time triggers on damageEvent instead of your health pool. This happens through hp removal typically. The real problem is how you got down that low without it activating because timbersaw can't do more than 250 damage in a single instance as far as I can tell. Maybe the chain+whirling death can stack if they're cast close enough together. Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of. Borrowed Time didn't even activate, though, so I'm not really sure what happened. I know it was off cooldown, because I was watching for the timer to tick down before I even started running back in. I wasn't even near trees, so it wasn't the pure damage doing it. It was just magical damage from all of Timbersaw's spells being cast at the same time.
The real question: is that a bug?
|
just watch the replay and check the damage log
|
why do i bother arguing with people on r/dota2....
|
United States47024 Posts
On October 07 2013 13:45 Blitzkrieg0 wrote: I'm not sure if this applies to dota2, but if the hit that activates borrowed time kills you then you'll still die due to the way the JASS is run. The hit that activates borrowed time does not receive the healing effects so if you're at 399 hp and take 399 damage that activates borrowed time you'll still die from the damage. It's kinda like getting Laguna bladed from >400 except it also wastes the ultimate since borrowed time triggers on damageEvent instead of your health pool. This happens through hp removal typically.
That's what I thought was happening, but there's a reported bug that Borrowed Time incorrectly activates on the damage instance that brings you below 400. I just tested and this is true.
|
Define "incorrectly" please.
|
On October 07 2013 15:16 TheYango wrote:Show nested quote +On October 07 2013 13:45 Blitzkrieg0 wrote: I'm not sure if this applies to dota2, but if the hit that activates borrowed time kills you then you'll still die due to the way the JASS is run. The hit that activates borrowed time does not receive the healing effects so if you're at 399 hp and take 399 damage that activates borrowed time you'll still die from the damage. It's kinda like getting Laguna bladed from >400 except it also wastes the ultimate since borrowed time triggers on damageEvent instead of your health pool. This happens through hp removal typically.
That's what I thought was happening, but there's a reported bug that Borrowed Time incorrectly activates on the damage instance that brings you below 400. I just tested and this is true.
Does it means also I can still dead from OM Multicast x4? Dayummm
|
On October 07 2013 07:33 TheYango wrote:Show nested quote +On October 07 2013 06:50 Iplaythings wrote: for example? only thing I can think of is bashes or multicasts You really can't think of ways to cheat if you had a way to hook into memory without VAC catching you? when you put it like that, I can lol
|
Is there a new DotA mode? Just watching Merlini and there are these huge creeps!
|
28103 Posts
Yeah I'm watching that too, no idea what's going on though.
|
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Those are just custom lobby games, you can play almost anything if you know the commands  I miss people to play some all mid games, I remember there was a guy on TL.net chat channel that was hosting such games but he disappeared.
Also you can play wtf mode as well, still no people around to play with :\
|
On October 07 2013 16:54 TheEmulator wrote: Yeah I'm watching that too, no idea what's going on though. DotA 2 custom games?! If yes then: AAAAAW YIIIIIIZ! If no: WTF is this???
|
|
|
just a quick poll: what do you people think of Elder Titan's voice? I love all of the Dota 2 voices&lines but Elder Titan is so monotone and dull that it's actually deterring me from playing the hero. Wonder what other people think of him, pleased/displeased etc
|
I like him a lot actually, they echoey thing is neat
|
I like it, to me it fits him a lot. I especially love "I broke the world, did you think I could not break you? "
|
On October 07 2013 17:09 hooahah wrote: just a quick poll: what do you people think of Elder Titan's voice? I love all of the Dota 2 voices&lines but Elder Titan is so monotone and dull that it's actually deterring me from playing the hero. Wonder what other people think of him, pleased/displeased etc i like it. he is an elder after all
|
I just miss his badass huge axe, instead of that hammer thingy.
|
everything about cairne was badass
second to none but thrall and grom for badassery
|
Yeah, I feel a lot of the newer models just look downright ugly compared to what they used to look like. I miss panda storm spirit.
|
On October 07 2013 17:16 BurningSera wrote: I just miss his badass huge axe, instead of that hammer thingy. i just wish his face didnt look like a humanized bunny thing with braveheart paint on
|
|
|
|
|
|