• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6395 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 39

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 90 Next
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
May 14 2012 15:52 GMT
#761
On May 15 2012 00:51 abalam wrote:
If I install the game from disc will I be able to switch languages ingame? (Says complete in German on Box)


I can't say for 100% sure but most likely you will be able to change it in the options.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ElanMT
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands87 Posts
May 14 2012 15:54 GMT
#762
There is an option for languages ingame, yes.
imPermanenCe
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 15:54:40
May 14 2012 15:54 GMT
#763
On May 15 2012 00:52 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 00:51 abalam wrote:
If I install the game from disc will I be able to switch languages ingame? (Says complete in German on Box)


I can't say for 100% sure but most likely you will be able to change it in the options.

AFAIK you can't. Do you think with 1 click on the button you can change ALL voice overs, all text in the game? I doubt it.

I think you need to reinstall the game with the correct language client (add your key to your bnet acc, then download the english version).
Micro at its best is like an elegant dance between two people trying to achieve a similar end.
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
May 14 2012 15:55 GMT
#764
Guys dont close downloading client even if its at 100%. It causes the ".part" error.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 15:57:29
May 14 2012 15:56 GMT
#765
On May 15 2012 00:45 ZaaaaaM wrote:
I didnt have beta access so Im wondering some stuff. I'm rolling a monk, and was wondering this stuff. Could wait another day, but meh, I hate waiting;D.
- Are Mantra's worth it for solo play?
12% increased damage or 15% dodge is nice, but is it worth it over more utility? At first thought I'd say no way but monks seem pretty spirit starved all the time. A lot of skills have enormous cost (75) while hits regenerate 6 spirit orso. Probably not worth it to pick a 5th spirit costing ability as you won't have enough spirit anyway?
- Does the spirit generation scale with wep dmg?
I sure hope so... Definitely want to use staves as theyre awesome, but why would I want to use a slow staff regenerating as much spirit for hit as 2 fast weps?


Mantras last for 3 minutes or so. Considering it'll take only a fraction of that time to keep them active I can't see them not being worth it especially counting runes as well.

Spirit doesn't scale with weapon damage I think. The point of staves is your abilities deal more damage but you generate spirit slower and attack slower. Stuff like sweeping wind can last permanently after you activate it, so its better for staves, for example.
TheRidd
Profile Joined January 2011
713 Posts
May 14 2012 15:56 GMT
#766
On May 15 2012 00:55 Michaels wrote:
Guys dont close downloading client even if its at 100%. It causes the ".part" error.

Does it automatically close itself ?
okinoki
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany103 Posts
May 14 2012 15:57 GMT
#767
You can switch languages ingame, it opens up the downloader again and you have to leech about 2,5GB language stuff.
From what i heared..
Stephano • July • Jaedong • TLO
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 15:59:00
May 14 2012 15:58 GMT
#768
On May 15 2012 00:56 TheRidd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 00:55 Michaels wrote:
Guys dont close downloading client even if its at 100%. It causes the ".part" error.

Does it automatically close itself ?


Yes it does.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789564

+ Show Spoiler +
This error message generally indicates that the installation files may be corrupted, damaged or incomplete. Please make sure your download has finished before attempting to install the game. Secondly, make sure the installation executable file is in the same folder as all your other Diablo III installation files. If the problem persists, you may need to delete all the files and restart the download.

Your installation folder should not have any files with the .Part extension. If it does, it indicates the downloader was closed prematurely. Restart the downloader in this case, selecting the same location the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" folder is in, and it will check the existing files and download what's missing. It's important to let the downloader finish on it's own. It will start the "Diablo III Setup.exe" file when it's done. It can take a while so please be patient.
Maggost
Profile Joined August 2011
Venezuela296 Posts
May 14 2012 15:59 GMT
#769
Does someone is having trouble installing the game? mine is keep saying "An unexpected error occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact Customer Support." even running as administrator, rebooting PC and shuting down all the background programs.
Quote
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 16:04:00
May 14 2012 15:59 GMT
#770
On May 15 2012 00:55 Michaels wrote:
Guys dont close downloading client even if its at 100%. It causes the ".part" error.


Is there a way to fix it? Because right now it's re-downloading the entire client for me T_T


*EDIT : How can I change the download location? It's not letting me choose as far as I can tell so I can't overwrite my old download.

*edit 2 : nvm I had to delete everything for it to let me choose a location.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
May 14 2012 16:00 GMT
#771
On May 15 2012 00:59 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 00:55 Michaels wrote:
Guys dont close downloading client even if its at 100%. It causes the ".part" error.


Is there a way to fix it? Because right now it's re-downloading the entire client for me T_T


"Your installation folder should not have any files with the .Part extension. If it does, it indicates the downloader was closed prematurely. Restart the downloader in this case, selecting the same location the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" folder is in, and it will check the existing files and download what's missing. It's important to let the downloader finish on it's own. It will start the "Diablo III Setup.exe" file when it's done. It can take a while so please be patient."
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
May 14 2012 16:06 GMT
#772
Argh even when I choose the location it starts a new download from scratch. This is going to suck because of limited bandwidth but it seems I need to redownload completely. I had originally downloaded it on march 15 so maybe the client is different.

This fucking blows.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
May 14 2012 16:10 GMT
#773
I have preloaded the game (got 2 versions) and I want to start playing at midnight. The only problem is I'm not sure how it works with the fact I have the normal version already, and the CE waiting for me. If i start with normal version can i add the CE later or do i have to make a seperate account for that one
Dead girls don't say no.
abalam
Profile Joined October 2011
Switzerland316 Posts
May 14 2012 16:13 GMT
#774
On May 15 2012 00:57 okinoki wrote:
You can switch languages ingame, it opens up the downloader again and you have to leech about 2,5GB language stuff.
From what i heared..

I can confirm that this is true. Installed via disc and am now downloading the english language patch.
imMUTAble787
Profile Joined November 2011
United States680 Posts
May 14 2012 16:15 GMT
#775
What is the general opinion of the strongest solo class ? I only played closed beta a long time ago and murdered everything with a barbarian. Haven't kept up with the changes or anything.
*eternalenvy fanboy*
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
May 14 2012 16:16 GMT
#776
Is there a way to download the :

Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe

?

Blizzard site gives a different program now, an installer. I didn't keep the downloader because hey, I had downloaded the whole fucking thing months ago... If I run the installer instead of the downloader, it completely fucking ignores the 7.60 gigs I already have and doesn't give me a chance to update the files, instead just asking me for an install folder and ignoring everything else.

What the fuck seriously. Only Blizzard could make such a colossal fuck up of an installer.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
May 14 2012 16:19 GMT
#777
On May 15 2012 01:10 Sqq wrote:
I have preloaded the game (got 2 versions) and I want to start playing at midnight. The only problem is I'm not sure how it works with the fact I have the normal version already, and the CE waiting for me. If i start with normal version can i add the CE later or do i have to make a seperate account for that one


I'd honestly just make a separate account. At the very worst you'd have lost 24 hours of progress of a character and that's nothing in the grand scheme of things. I myself am just going to have 2 accounts, one digital for 3:00 AM EST play and then another when my CE arrives. I know I'll need the extra stash space eventually and a second account in a game like D3 is always handy.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 16:22:04
May 14 2012 16:20 GMT
#778
On May 15 2012 01:16 Kurr wrote:
Is there a way to download the :

Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe

?

Blizzard site gives a different program now, an installer. I didn't keep the downloader because hey, I had downloaded the whole fucking thing months ago... If I run the installer instead of the downloader, it completely fucking ignores the 7.60 gigs I already have and doesn't give me a chance to update the files, instead just asking me for an install folder and ignoring everything else.

What the fuck seriously. Only Blizzard could make such a colossal fuck up of an installer.

Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe is the downloader, which should be coming from Blizzard's download on battle.net
Diablo III Setup.exe is the installer.

When you load up the downloader and it asks for a location choose the location where your previous download was but not the folder itself.

Example:
You have your stuff downloaded to:
/KurrsStuff/Downloads/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer

When you open up Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe and it asks for a location choose:
/KurrsStuff/Downloads

It should check/verify your downloaded stuff. In any case though if you have everything already downloaded just running Diablo III Setup.exe should do it and not download anything new except some small updates.

Also no need to hate on Blizzard, the installer works pretty well for a vast majority of people.
twitter: @terrancem
neo_sporin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States516 Posts
May 14 2012 16:21 GMT
#779
I tried to research and couldnt find anything. Has there been any more recent word on if the HC pvp will be perma death? it sounds like over the months there was some flip flopping on the issue and its liklihood.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
May 14 2012 16:22 GMT
#780
On May 15 2012 01:20 GogoKodo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 01:16 Kurr wrote:
Is there a way to download the :

Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe

?

Blizzard site gives a different program now, an installer. I didn't keep the downloader because hey, I had downloaded the whole fucking thing months ago... If I run the installer instead of the downloader, it completely fucking ignores the 7.60 gigs I already have and doesn't give me a chance to update the files, instead just asking me for an install folder and ignoring everything else.

What the fuck seriously. Only Blizzard could make such a colossal fuck up of an installer.

Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe is the downloader.
Diablo III Setup.exe is the installer.

When you load up the downloader and it asks for a location choose the location where your previous download was but not the folder itself.

Example:
You have your stuff downloaded to:
/KurrsStuff/Downloads/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer

When you open up Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe and it asks for a location choose:
/KurrsStuff/Downloads

It should check/verify your downloaded stuff. In any case though if you have everything already downloaded just running Diablo III Setup.exe should do it and not download anything new except some small updates.

Also no need to hate on Blizzard, the installer works pretty well for a vast majority of people.


There is no option to acquire the downloader anymore. I'm stuck with the installer. That's a ridiculous idea by Blizzard.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 769
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 177
firebathero 84
910 44
Killer 25
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1928
Liquid`Hasu1801
Trikslyr75
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5085
summit1g4779
Beastyqt932
shahzam456
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS119
ZombieGrub109
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream331
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV311
League of Legends
• TFBlade1108
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur305
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.