• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:56
CEST 11:56
KST 18:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8963 users

Whats up guys

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 25 2008 21:58 GMT
#1
Yes I'm very very bored and I haven't been contributing much to TL.net recently due to being very busy in Vegas (no not cuz I lost my moderatorship, that doesn't matter at all).

This is basically like a blog post, but I'd like you mods to leave it in general forum. I'm just ranting here...

It's been a long two months and I'm headed back to Korea for a month until WSOP where I am going to try and rebuild.

I've been in Vegas for two months. I got invited to the NBC HU championship where I bust ed round one. I also broke even on cash games for the trip (due to horrendous play at the beginning I think but eventually picked up at the end and actually improved a lot). My unreal bad spending habits over the past year + not playing much poker at all + taxes have left me completely broke and for the first time in 3.5 years I actually consciously have to focus on staying afloat and earn a living. When I say broke I mean I have like 20k to my name and debt that is greater than that (I guess if you count what people owe me I'm up but you can't really count on people in the gambling world...yeah don't lend anyone). Hell I still owe the IRS I had to file for an extension on my taxes. It's not that much of a big deal though, I'm not stressed at all because the happenings in my life have left me completely numb to the superficiality of money. That is mostly a very very good thing but when it's extreme, as in my case, it can be extremely dangerous, especially for someone like me who feels sorry and pity for people less fortunate than I (atleast in my friend circle, i certainly am no saint and never really donate to charity even though I should). I just need to really reduce my alcoholism (and I have/am with ease)and focus on poker. It's a shame I've earned this much and accomplished this much (in the poker world, nothing accomplished in reality) but have nothing to show for it.

This is not a cry for pity at all, and I am indeed perfectly fine as my quality of life is not only NOT effected negatively by being broke, but I could even stretch it to say my quality of life has improved since I don't have the bankroll and earnings to blow 15k a week on whatever. Recently I feel that my confidence is at an all time high strangely as it seems.

Nothing matters but staying happy and afloat and being a good person to the world and if not that atleast to your immediate family/friend circle. My experiences in korea and vegas have shown me just how driven by jealousy many people are and while it is indeed saddening it is merely reality and I can deal with it.

After WSOP I have my own ambition, I'm going to make a starcraft/starcraft2 website that will be the ultimate coverage site. If any of you are familiar with pokernews.com it will be a very similar thing but for starcraft, lots of video live up to date coverage and less written coverage...I want to make a very up to date site that gets the in and outs of the progaming world (only starcraft atleast at first). Imagine my progaming gossip but in a site and every day updates with video coverage of tournaments by really cute korean girls and awesome long time SC community members. I'm going to use every angle I can find to deliver SC coverage from a special angle. I feel theres no one who is capable of this except me and my friends in Korea that I hope will work with me on the project. I think it could be really huge and definitely a lot of fun. I hope to combine forces with a lot of my friends while not trying to impose myself on TL.net (kinda hard to do that in the first place lol). Hell as the site grows the end game goal for now is eventually owning my own progaming team supported fully by the site and hell if shit gets big you could see me delivering the check in the grand finals of an OGN SC2 starleague sponsored by the site.

Thats all for now

Random thoughts/questions related to whatever are welcome
why so 진지해?
MannerGent
Profile Joined November 2005
United States326 Posts
April 25 2008 22:05 GMT
#2
Play more poker?
You think scooby care about solving mystery? no, all scooby care about, is scooby snack.
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
April 25 2008 22:08 GMT
#3
Cool! I can't wait for the site to be out!
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 25 2008 22:13 GMT
#4
On April 26 2008 07:05 MannerGent wrote:
Play more poker?


If you want to state the obvious or be an idiot please do it in other threads.
why so 진지해?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
April 25 2008 22:16 GMT
#5
hi


u rarely reply to me on msn


then again my messages are mostly bullshit but still
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 25 2008 22:16 GMT
#6
Dan your post doesn't come off as a complaint or anything like that. Your attitude in posts in the past have been horrendous and obviously we have discussed that but here it isnt like that imo.

I am glad to hear you are confident and aware of your circumstances. Sounds like you have what it takes to make it out just fine.

Good luck with the website btw. Although I think the circumstances involving with your conception of that website and your role here are tragic. Not pointing the finger but it sucks the way that went down.

GL!
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
April 25 2008 22:16 GMT
#7
Hey I thought everyone always won in poker?
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
LordofAscension
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States589 Posts
April 25 2008 22:17 GMT
#8
Good luck Rek. It's been a while since someone's new site has gotten really ambitious. Sounds great - have a ton of fun doing it - that's the most important thing. If you don't there isn't a point. If you ever need anything let me know.

Cheers,

~LoA
~WelCoMe tO My rEaLm SC:L - sclegacy.com
Woyn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United Kingdom1628 Posts
April 25 2008 22:17 GMT
#9
Are you serious about owning a progaming team?
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-25 22:21:55
April 25 2008 22:21 GMT
#10
Nothing matters but staying happy and afloat and being a good person to the world and if not that atleast to your immediate family/friend circle.

fuck yeah! i had a pretty shitty low a few years back and after moping for a while i arrived at the same conclusion. i'm always glad to read something like that from people in completely different circumstances than me : ]

um i forget which thread it was in, but don't you have plans on finishing a degree sometime back in the states? or is the site your new plan now
Moderatorsloppy little slug
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
April 25 2008 22:21 GMT
#11
i hope you're going to work with tl.net and not against it. we've got a great crew here and the coverage is excellent and we all need to stick together to keep it flourishing. however your progaming gossip and stuff are always good and if there's a way you can add to progaming coverage without displacing teamliquid then thats cool.

your idea about someday sponsoring a team - that would be awesome of course!
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
April 25 2008 22:25 GMT
#12
I figured this was either by a TL newb or Rekrul.
GL, and fuck TJ cloutier
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
April 25 2008 22:26 GMT
#13
Nice man, you're on the right path!
I hope that you're going to follow through with your SC plans and not just give up on it when push comes to shove, although from the little I know about you that shouldn't be the case... I wish you success in both your poker and starcraft aspirations!
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
MarklarMarklar
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Fiji1823 Posts
April 25 2008 22:26 GMT
#14
You should make the site have a gonzo aspect to it, with a live camera running around behaving partially inapropriate at proleague and osl/msl.

i would watch that
hello there
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
April 25 2008 22:27 GMT
#15
On April 26 2008 07:21 intrigue wrote:
Show nested quote +
Nothing matters but staying happy and afloat and being a good person to the world and if not that atleast to your immediate family/friend circle.

fuck yeah! i had a pretty shitty low a few years back and after moping for a while i arrived at the same conclusion. i'm always glad to read something like that from people in completely different circumstances than me : ]


I made same conclusion too. Well, there are a few other things, but things that don't need to be said.
wtf was that signature
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 25 2008 22:28 GMT
#16
On April 26 2008 07:16 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
Dan your post doesn't come off as a complaint or anything like that. Your attitude in posts in the past have been horrendous and obviously we have discussed that but here it isnt like that imo.

I am glad to hear you are confident and aware of your circumstances. Sounds like you have what it takes to make it out just fine.

Good luck with the website btw. Although I think the circumstances involving with your conception of that website and your role here are tragic. Not pointing the finger but it sucks the way that went down.

GL!


My attitude in posts in the past were never horrendous, while I do voice my opinions very bluntly and in a snide manner often, they are merely realistic as I see it with no feelings attached (usually).

What are you talking about the conception of my website and my role here being tragic? That I don't understand.
why so 진지해?
Masamune
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3401 Posts
April 25 2008 22:29 GMT
#17
Is Tasteless going to be an integral part of this new site of yours like I think he is?
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 25 2008 22:29 GMT
#18
You're a gentleman and a scholar

Good luck on the site, looking forward to it.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 25 2008 22:30 GMT
#19
On April 26 2008 07:29 Masamune wrote:
Is Tasteless going to be an integral part of this new site of yours like I think he is?


I have talked to him a bit about it a bit and I certainly hope so. He is huge.
why so 진지해?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
April 25 2008 22:32 GMT
#20
that's what she said
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 312
Lowko51
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 2274
Stork 2077
Horang2 415
Soulkey 368
Mini 334
Zeus 324
Larva 259
Jaedong 232
Soma 192
Sexy 121
[ Show more ]
Mind 75
ZerO 65
sorry 46
Hyun 35
soO 34
Shinee 26
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
zelot 9
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe362
canceldota31
League of Legends
JimRising 472
Other Games
gofns27426
singsing1923
Coldzera 688
Happy292
Pyrionflax173
byalli148
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2261
• WagamamaTV137
League of Legends
• Jankos2865
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM312
Online Event
2h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.