• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:34
CEST 00:34
KST 07:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8925 users

Whats up guys - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 25 2008 22:34 GMT
#21
I meant you have been removed as a moderator and have since then been bitching whenever you could get a chance about the circumstances involved in that situation. It's a shame.

On your attitude: "realistic as I see it" is a subjective statement just like my use of the word "horrendous." Both are relative. I think you have been a piss ant around here on several subject hence our debates. Notably the one where you blabber about being so rich in korea and how girls are so easy to come by etc.. I am paraphrasing but that argument was on a subject I felt portrayed your poor attitude.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 25 2008 22:38 GMT
#22
On April 26 2008 07:34 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I meant you have been removed as a moderator and have since then been bitching whenever you could get a chance about the circumstances involved in that situation. It's a shame.

On your attitude: "realistic as I see it" is a subjective statement just like my use of the word "horrendous." Both are relative. I think you have been a piss ant around here on several subject hence our debates. Notably the one where you blabber about being so rich in korea and how girls are so easy to come by etc.. I am paraphrasing but that argument was on a subject I felt portrayed your poor attitude.


Fair enough. I haven't posted much superficial garbage for a long time, I do admit I used to do it a lot. And as far as my bitching is concerned about being removed from Mod while it is indeed childish and useless I am just expressing myself on the internet in a fashion that entertains myself (by creating e-drama) and I did indeed feel a bit betrayed and flabbergasted by their decision. W/e though I don't really mind now.
why so 진지해?
mAKiTO
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Colombia4177 Posts
April 25 2008 22:49 GMT
#23
I miss the "cooky I dont give a fuck" Rek.

it sucks you didnt invest or started a business or something with the money that you won in the heads up tournament. But You have the talent, if you put your mind to it I think you can get back in your feet no time and demolish the high stakes again. Good luck to you
No quiero soñar mil veces las mismas cosas
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
April 25 2008 22:49 GMT
#24
How exactly do you file taxes as a poker player?
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
mAKiTO
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Colombia4177 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-25 22:55:16
April 25 2008 22:53 GMT
#25
For Online Poker, There is not a "exactly" way to do it. Some accountants say it doesnt need to be tax because is gambling, and some say you can keep record of all your losing, winning days etc and file as a self employed or something. I talked to 2 different h&r block people and they say 2 totally different things. Also keep in mind that you only tax what you cash out and not what you have in your poker account.

If I remember correctly one dude at LP filed that he won 65k in one year and had to pay 15k for taxes somewhere around that Im not exactly sure.



Rek, out of the money you won in the headsup thing, how much went to taxes?
No quiero soñar mil veces las mismas cosas
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
April 25 2008 23:04 GMT
#26
Motivation and the ability to attract talent is what builds great sites, not money. But good luck, I'd love to see something big happen, even though there's enough happening at this very moment.

Otherwise, I dunno. I read through your post like three times and I find myself puzzled by the fact I can't feel any emotion about it. So, what bourbon do you enjoy the most?
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
April 25 2008 23:07 GMT
#27
On April 26 2008 07:53 mAKiTO wrote:
Also keep in mind that you only tax what you cash out and not what you have in your poker account.


i think this is false, youre supposed to report ALL of your earnings but no one but a few % actually report everything, i personally only report what goes to my bank account.

but anyway this is off topic let's not bring stupid fucking taxes into this thread

gl rek
Spike
Profile Joined October 2003
United States1392 Posts
April 25 2008 23:23 GMT
#28
On April 26 2008 08:04 BluzMan wrote:
Motivation and the ability to attract talent is what builds great sites, not money.


Motivation is great and all but don't dismiss the importance of money.
Money has that uncanny ability to attract talent as the TSL has shown.

Always wanted a community site to hold a semi-regular major tournament which draws many big names and make a big event out of the whole thing, i.e. TSL.
With SC2 coming out "soonish", this is one way that I can see a new site establish itself.

Anyway, gl on your site.
bustaBust
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada469 Posts
April 25 2008 23:23 GMT
#29
They have blogs for a reason.
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
April 25 2008 23:31 GMT
#30
Sounds like you've done a lot of growing in Vegas Dan. You're a world class poker player and you know there are many great world class poker players who go through these rough spells. I have confidence that you'll get out of this one as well. Look forward to seeing you at this year's WSOP and good luck.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
CapO
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1615 Posts
April 25 2008 23:38 GMT
#31
how did you get so good at poker? why do i lose to bad beats all the time? am i unlucky? in a long run, i'm supposed to be the winner but these bad beats keep ruining my streak.
SNSD fan
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
April 25 2008 23:41 GMT
#32
shit happens CapO many people go through that same shit. Just got to keep your head up and stick to your game. That is why you should always play ring games where you have a bankroll 100x the BB. Poker 101 >.<
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
April 25 2008 23:50 GMT
#33
On April 26 2008 08:41 Showtime! wrote:
100x the BB. Poker 101 >.<


One buy in is the proper bankroll !?
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 00:12:23
April 26 2008 00:11 GMT
#34
On April 26 2008 08:38 CapO wrote:
how did you get so good at poker? why do i lose to bad beats all the time? am i unlucky? in a long run, i'm supposed to be the winner but these bad beats keep ruining my streak.


ure just bad

I also look forward to Starcraft 2, haven't been playing much poker but don't really feel the need to, despite being "unballer" atm.
too easy
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
April 26 2008 00:33 GMT
#35
On April 26 2008 07:49 mAKiTO wrote:
I miss the "cooky I dont give a fuck" Rek.


Meh, that's fun and all but i think it's cool to hear about future plans such as the new SC site (which i'm looking forward to) and not just the original post followed by "LOL $ICK LIFE" & "BALLERRRR" from people who wish they were Rek.

Even so, i doubt he just suddenly lost the "i don't give a fuck"-attitude anyway.

Good luck with your plans, Rek.
We make signature, then defense it.
TheosEx
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States894 Posts
April 26 2008 01:24 GMT
#36
On April 26 2008 07:49 Hawk wrote:
How exactly do you file taxes as a poker player?


Form W-2G for Gambling Winnings

Most people just put that they spent as much as they "earned" from gambling, but if the amount is rather ridiculous, the IRS will investigate.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
April 26 2008 01:42 GMT
#37
--- Nuked ---
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 01:54:51
April 26 2008 01:54 GMT
#38
lol such a different Rekrul we are seeing in this thread. I love both though.

so are you like planning to stop living this sick life anytime soon? is it even possible for you to do so? I feel like your life is driven by the people around you, as if you were very little in control sometimes.

Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
April 26 2008 01:58 GMT
#39
awwww man.


I wanted to see that Rekrul that smashed Hallinglol HU for a few hundred K on stars.


Bring that Rekul back!!!
We decide our own destiny
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 02:13:39
April 26 2008 02:10 GMT
#40
And one thing.



Money isn't superficial.


It's what you do with it that determines what kind of value it truly holds.


Don't take this post as bashing your lifestyle because I could care less and I'm not one to judge.


Just telling you that there are other ways to think about money than just the superficial side of it. It can be used and leveraged to create / change many things in life....
We decide our own destiny
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 164
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever302
League of Legends
Doublelift3734
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4531
Liquid`Hasu492
Other Games
summit1g12903
FrodaN1622
JimRising 332
KnowMe229
Livibee199
ViBE75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra772
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 27m
Patches Events
16h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 27m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.