• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:19
CEST 15:19
KST 22:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8957 users

Legality Question - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Hydrolisko
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Vanuatu1659 Posts
February 21 2007 07:01 GMT
#81
how is this even a question? wtf...
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
February 21 2007 07:02 GMT
#82
On February 21 2007 15:57 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:54 Cpt Obvious wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:44 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:42 borg wrote:
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.

not my sister, my gf.

And Cpt.obvious, No I would not rape little children if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never be legal anyways even in the worst of societies. You can't compare shit like that to something like finding a phone on the ground. Its totally unrelated.

And Charlie, No I would not use that cellphone i found if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never occur to me even in the worst scenario. You can't justify shit like that with something like "they are rich so they don't care" or "they are dumb they were asking for it". Its totally retarded.


Ok, then thats your loss.

Dude, its a dog-eat-dog world anyone who doesn't cover themselves to the fullest is indeed asking to be fucked over by someone.

lol <3

"It's me against the world!"
Enter a Uh
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
February 21 2007 07:03 GMT
#83
On February 21 2007 15:58 Ganfei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:18 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:01 jtan wrote:
On February 21 2007 14:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Finally someone who has something important to contribute to the thread. Thanks Brood.

I live in California This phone is a cheapy 20$ one and its broken anyways. Phone details

It can't be considered larceny can it? If I just ditch the SIM card and keep the phone but not use their service?

Seriously! If everone was this egoistic the world would be total shit


I'm pretty sure the world is total shit right now and people are this egotistic (GW Bush?)
On February 21 2007 15:06 Ganfei wrote:
On February 21 2007 13:47 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 13:44 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Yes, it's illegal. The calls you make are going to that persons bill. Thus you are then stealing. Return it.


Yes, but any smart person would suspend the service for the SIM card. If they don't turn it off its their fault. If they just leave it on and wait for someone to use the service thats like entrapment. Besides I don't have to return the phone. I just don't have to use their sim card.

I have lost my phone before and had it returned and I didn't give that person shit. Why should I go out of my way and return it to them (especially since a normal person would not have been able to figure out who owned the phone)?


Man I wish I knew some Law people who weren't biased towards karma and 'doing the right thing'.


You're obviously kind of stupid. "I wish I knew some "Law people" "I don't care if I'm being an asshole I only care if it's illegal" "It's like entrapment if they are too stupid to cancel their SIM card"

Oh ok, I guess it's also entrapment when someone leaves their car window open accidentally and you can unlock it and hotwire the car to steal it, but it has a GPS system in it so they can track you to find out who the fuck stole their car.

Why don't you stop being a dumbass and go pay for your own phone, or buy a fucking phone card for $10 with 200 minutes on it, or use internet phone, or something else.


Nothing I said sounded stupid. Your reading comprehension is terrible if you think otherwise.

Its totally different than hot-wiring a car, what the fuck are you talking about?


Rofl

If you seriously believe what you have replied to me, then you are a fucking moron. I made an analogy, and you ask what it has to do with anything? It's a fucking analogy, it's a parallel idea with different physical fucking objects. Go back to school you illiterate fuck. You don't support any of the shit you say, you just say it and then call other people stupid. At least I gave you the courtesy of an explanation, but I can see now that you're such a clown that it makes no difference were I to punch you in the face or give you a dissertation.


Like I said there is a huge difference (financially, and physically) from picking up a broken cellphone and making a few calls than climbing into a car, dismantling the steering column and driving away.

..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
pansy
Profile Joined November 2005
United States309 Posts
February 21 2007 07:03 GMT
#84
On February 21 2007 15:57 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:54 Cpt Obvious wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:44 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:42 borg wrote:
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.

not my sister, my gf.

And Cpt.obvious, No I would not rape little children if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never be legal anyways even in the worst of societies. You can't compare shit like that to something like finding a phone on the ground. Its totally unrelated.

And Charlie, No I would not use that cellphone i found if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never occur to me even in the worst scenario. You can't justify shit like that with something like "they are rich so they don't care" or "they are dumb they were asking for it". Its totally retarded.


Ok, then thats your loss.

Dude, its a dog-eat-dog world anyone who doesn't cover themselves to the fullest is indeed asking to be fucked over by someone.


I guess that's why we have laws, that you yourself claim to live by, in place to protect people from getting screwed. Laws are created based on morals, and that's why "schmucks" on this forum are giving you crap.
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
February 21 2007 07:07 GMT
#85
On February 21 2007 15:57 CharlieMurphy wrote:

Ok, then thats your loss.

Dude, its a dog-eat-dog world anyone who doesn't cover themselves to the fullest is indeed asking to be fucked over by someone.


YOU HAVE BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER.
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
testpat
Profile Joined November 2003
United States565 Posts
February 21 2007 07:08 GMT
#86
In the US, "finders keepers" is not the law outside the playground. In order to claim it legally, you must make a reasonable effort to identify and return it to its rightful owner. Given its a phone, that's pretty easy to do.

Will you get caught? - probably not.
Suppose I don't know taste of common salt & I want to know it.
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
February 21 2007 07:12 GMT
#87
On February 21 2007 15:57 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Ok, then thats your loss.

Dude, its a dog-eat-dog world anyone who doesn't cover themselves to the fullest is indeed asking to be fucked over by someone.


Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
February 21 2007 07:13 GMT
#88
give the fone back -_-

morality pls -_-
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
February 21 2007 07:15 GMT
#89
The answer is Its Illegal. that's not good enough for you?
When the answer is "it's illegal" your next question should not be "but can i get away with it?"
stop trying to justify it for christ's sake
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 07:17:01
February 21 2007 07:16 GMT
#90
On February 21 2007 15:57 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:54 Cpt Obvious wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:44 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:42 borg wrote:
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.

not my sister, my gf.

And Cpt.obvious, No I would not rape little children if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never be legal anyways even in the worst of societies. You can't compare shit like that to something like finding a phone on the ground. Its totally unrelated.

And Charlie, No I would not use that cellphone i found if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never occur to me even in the worst scenario. You can't justify shit like that with something like "they are rich so they don't care" or "they are dumb they were asking for it". Its totally retarded.


Ok, then thats your loss.

Dude, its a dog-eat-dog world anyone who doesn't cover themselves to the fullest is indeed asking to be fucked over by someone.



lmao
go to your neighbors house, the doors unlocked
they're asking to be robbed?
is it legal?
no? oh well
will i get caught?
omg idk if i should steal all their stuff
well as long as its cheap stuff, who cares?
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 07:20:56
February 21 2007 07:18 GMT
#91
lmao "they're asking to be fucked"
are you completely de-void of morals? or do you just come off that way
(sorry for three posts. heat of the moment and whatnot.)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
February 21 2007 07:20 GMT
#92
On February 21 2007 15:59 NewbSaibot wrote:
Exactly what the fuck is brainwashed about this situation? You either A) use the phone or B) dont. Are we brainwashed for logically concluding that it is most likely illegal to use someone elses phone service without their permission? I mean what do you want out of this thread, to just have someone tell you what you want to hear? You're the reason people like us have to immediately go and cancel every single credit card/phone bill/utility/account that has personal information related to it when it becomes lost.

You seem to feel this is no big deal because you are under the assumption that they are purposely not canceling their account. Maybe they think the phone is lost. Maybe it belongs to a parents child who is afraid of confessing they lost it. Maybe they live in an area of the city where people return shit. Maybe it is owned by someone who has more than 1 cell phone and has yet to even realize they lost it. Maybe it is owned by someone who has a more important job than you and is so busy they simply havent had the opportunity to decide the best course of action. Maybe it belongs to an old lady who doesnt know wtf to do at all. Maybe they already have canceled it and their provider is simply allowing a grace period of usage until the end of the month.

Just because I leave my door unlocked to my house doesnt mean that you are allowed to walk inside "or else if i didnt want you in i would have locked the doors". Anyway Im not sure if you were ever on my good side or not, but you have instantly ruined any credibility you had with me and probably most of this forum with your faggotry, and I hope I never accidentally talk to you or respond to one of your threads again. And to think, just the other day you were kindly asking for assistance with your ipod. Loser.


Ok dude, first of all I don't care if anyone thinks its illegal, I care if it IS illegal. I would never fraudulently abuse someones credit or otherwise.

My assumption is based on pure logic. If a phone is lost, you suspend that number on the account, when you find it you reinstate it, simple. If a parent gives a child a phone they better be ready to deal with what can happen if the kid loses,breaks, sells, or whatever with the phone, again suspend the account. The area I found the phone is not a place where people return shit, in fact they don't even live in that area. If they have so many cellphones that they can carelessly lose one maybe they need a reality check. What is so much more important for weeks that they cant simply call customer service and go "hey you know this number, and heres my address, suspend this, its lost". If its an old lady why is she so helpless that she can't report a missing phone to someone when shes 3 cities away? Why do you imply an old lady doesn't know what to do? There is no grace period on canceling or suspending an account. Nobody wants to lose more than they already have, companies cancel that shit ASAP.

Its illegal for me to walk in your house. I wouldn't do that.

My question was 'Is it illegal to use someone's phone I found'. I'm pretty sure it is, and I'm not gonna use it.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 07:25:20
February 21 2007 07:22 GMT
#93
On February 21 2007 16:18 Gene wrote:
lmao "they're asking to be fucked"
are you completely de-void of morals? or do you just come off that way
(sorry for three posts. heat of the moment and whatnot.)

Sad as it is man, its the truth.

You guys all seem to have this twisted. I've got just as much sense not to take something as the next guy. It's a matter of why wouldn't I if its legal. If its legal then why would I feel bad about doing it.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
February 21 2007 07:23 GMT
#94
haha people stop hating.
he's not a bad person, i think the whole discussion took some bad turns, partly because of charliemurphy expressing himself not clearly enough and making some rather rash statements.

we need love! if you preach morals, you also have to spread some love!
@riotsnowbird
Yizuo
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1537 Posts
February 21 2007 07:26 GMT
#95
give it back wtf
Aphelion
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States2720 Posts
February 21 2007 07:28 GMT
#96
On February 21 2007 16:22 CharlieMurphy wrote:
If its legal then why would I feel bad about doing it.


Cuz its wrong, douchebag.
But Garimto was always more than just a Protoss...
NokCha
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)410 Posts
February 21 2007 07:29 GMT
#97
my friend had his phone stolen and they EASILY tracked the culprit. The numbers he called were investigates/punished and he was sent to jail for even using the phone a little bit.

Using the phone that isn't urs itself is a big offense.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 07:32:55
February 21 2007 07:30 GMT
#98
The next time I see something of value on the ground I'm going to stand up point and yell to show everyone "look someone lost this here, do whatever you want with it" instead of picking it up. Apparently I'm an 'asshole with no moral values' and someone else should pick it up. I trust what the people around me will do with it 100%.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
February 21 2007 07:32 GMT
#99
On February 21 2007 16:28 Aphelion02 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 16:22 CharlieMurphy wrote:
If its legal then why would I feel bad about doing it.


Cuz its wrong, douchebag.


If the law doesn't say its wrong why do you say its wrong? Thats my point 'douchebag'.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
February 21 2007 07:33 GMT
#100
On February 21 2007 16:30 CharlieMurphy wrote:
The next time I see something of value on the ground I'm going to stand up point and yell to show everyone "look someone lost this here, do whatever you want with it" instead of picking it up. Apparently I'm an 'asshole with no moral values' and someone else should pick it up.


how about next time you see something on the ground you pick it up and try to give it back to the person who owns it. Especially if its a fucking phone, its really easy to find out who owns it.

I guess you could do that or make a thread on a gaming site asking if its illegal to use other peoples things without their consent.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 278
ComeBackTV 146
SteadfastSC127
Rex110
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 110
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52195
Hyuk 1559
firebathero 1129
Jaedong 987
Soma 467
Horang2 405
Soulkey 393
EffOrt 388
BeSt 388
Mini 363
[ Show more ]
Stork 339
actioN 316
Last 307
Light 281
Zeus 252
ggaemo 252
Larva 222
910 157
Rush 147
Snow 136
ZerO 114
Killer 79
Mind 72
Pusan 69
Shine 53
Creator 47
hero 41
Free 37
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
Yoon 33
Bale 26
JYJ 25
ToSsGirL 23
sorry 19
Terrorterran 15
Noble 14
yabsab 13
HiyA 13
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10324
Dendi764
Counter-Strike
markeloff126
edward17
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1712
crisheroes1512
Other Games
gofns42781
singsing2057
olofmeister1347
B2W.Neo767
hiko412
byalli321
XBOCT297
Pyrionflax259
DeMusliM220
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS88
Liquid`VortiX83
QueenE40
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1727
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1498
• Nemesis646
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 42m
OSC
23h 42m
Stellar Fest
23h 42m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.