• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:54
CEST 06:54
KST 13:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8574 users

Legality Question - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 06:31:36
February 21 2007 06:31 GMT
#61
On February 21 2007 15:29 jtan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:18 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:01 jtan wrote:
On February 21 2007 14:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Finally someone who has something important to contribute to the thread. Thanks Brood.

I live in California This phone is a cheapy 20$ one and its broken anyways. Phone details

It can't be considered larceny can it? If I just ditch the SIM card and keep the phone but not use their service?

Seriously! If everone was this egoistic the world would be total shit


I'm pretty sure the world is total shit right now and people are this egotistic (GW Bush?)

There are different levels of shittyness. I'm sure only a few percent of the population would act in the way you are suggesting


Yea and that 'few percent' run the world smart guy. Go away.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 06:33:21
February 21 2007 06:31 GMT
#62
Basically, you're a fucking asshole but you refuse to believe it and are trying to justify it with the most pitiful excuses ever. If you're going to act this way, just admit and accept the fact that you're a gigantic asshole with absolutely no ethical standards. I mean basically you'd do the wrong thing if it was legal and the only reason you're not doing it is because it is easily traced and you could be shafted. That's incredibly selfish.

Grow some nuts and do the right thing.
borg
Profile Joined September 2005
171 Posts
February 21 2007 06:32 GMT
#63
On February 21 2007 14:50 Aphelion02 wrote:
I can't comprehend why you wouldn't WANT to return the phone to someone who lost it, seeing that you had benefited from some one returning your phone to your before.


exactly. what goes around comes around. im not religious but my actions are predicated by common sense and knowing what's right and wrong. you've had your phone returned to you, now you're the one being tested. return it.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 06:37:38
February 21 2007 06:34 GMT
#64
On February 21 2007 15:31 Klogon wrote:
Basically, you're a fucking asshole but you refuse to believe it and are trying to justify it with the most pitiful excuses ever. If you're going to act this way, just admit and accept the fact that you're a gigantic asshole with absolutely no ethical standards. I mean basically you'd do the wrong thing if it was legal and the only reason you're not doing it is because it is easily traced and you could be shafted. That's incredibly selfish.

Grow some nuts and do the right thing.


What does having balls have to do with returning a phone? Do I need to be brave to call someone and go "hi, I found your phone".

And the reason I would keep the phone and use it was because maybe I need it more than they do if they just left it on the floor to be crushed.

My morals are based on law. If I can do it legally why should I feel bad about it?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
borg
Profile Joined September 2005
171 Posts
February 21 2007 06:42 GMT
#65
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
February 21 2007 06:42 GMT
#66
On February 21 2007 15:34 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:31 Klogon wrote:
Basically, you're a fucking asshole but you refuse to believe it and are trying to justify it with the most pitiful excuses ever. If you're going to act this way, just admit and accept the fact that you're a gigantic asshole with absolutely no ethical standards. I mean basically you'd do the wrong thing if it was legal and the only reason you're not doing it is because it is easily traced and you could be shafted. That's incredibly selfish.

Grow some nuts and do the right thing.


What does having balls have to do with returning a phone? Do I need to be brave to call someone and go "hi, I found your phone".

And the reason I would keep the phone and use it was because maybe I need it more than they do if they just left it on the floor to be crushed.

My morals are based on law. If I can do it legally why should I feel bad about it?


oh. so you would also rape little children if it weren't prohibited by laws? ever heard of common sense?
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 06:46:50
February 21 2007 06:44 GMT
#67
On February 21 2007 15:42 borg wrote:
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.

not my sister, my gf.

And Cpt.obvious, No I would not rape little children if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never be legal anyways even in the worst of societies. You can't compare shit like that to something like finding a phone on the ground. Its totally unrelated.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
February 21 2007 06:44 GMT
#68
He keeps trying to justify it... fucking hilarious.

sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
February 21 2007 06:47 GMT
#69
On February 21 2007 13:47 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 13:44 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Yes, it's illegal. The calls you make are going to that persons bill. Thus you are then stealing. Return it.


Yes, but any smart person would suspend the service for the SIM card. If they don't turn it off its their fault. If they just leave it on and wait for someone to use the service thats like entrapment. Besides I don't have to return the phone. I just don't have to use their sim card.

I have lost my phone before and had it returned and I didn't give that person shit. Why should I go out of my way and return it to them (especially since a normal person would not have been able to figure out who owned the phone)?


Man I wish I knew some Law people who weren't biased towards karma and 'doing the right thing'.


How do you figure it's entrapment if they leave it the sim activated? So basically if i leave a bag of money out on my sidewalk and someone takes it i am entrapping them? Come on. Even if someone is an idiot with their money/sim card, you don't steal.
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
February 21 2007 06:49 GMT
#70
i don't know if it's illegal or not, so i unfortunately can't answer your question

it's funny though how this thread mutated into a ridiculous discussion about morals
i'm with you charlie >_<, you should have expected it though


@riotsnowbird
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 06:53:52
February 21 2007 06:49 GMT
#71
On February 21 2007 15:47 sith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 13:47 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 13:44 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Yes, it's illegal. The calls you make are going to that persons bill. Thus you are then stealing. Return it.


Yes, but any smart person would suspend the service for the SIM card. If they don't turn it off its their fault. If they just leave it on and wait for someone to use the service thats like entrapment. Besides I don't have to return the phone. I just don't have to use their sim card.

I have lost my phone before and had it returned and I didn't give that person shit. Why should I go out of my way and return it to them (especially since a normal person would not have been able to figure out who owned the phone)?


Man I wish I knew some Law people who weren't biased towards karma and 'doing the right thing'.


How do you figure it's entrapment if they leave it the sim activated? So basically if i leave a bag of money out on my sidewalk and someone takes it i am entrapping them? Come on. Even if someone is an idiot with their money/sim card, you don't steal.


I was comparing it to entrapment, I never said it WAS entrapment. The phone has been sitting dead without a charge for a week or 2 in my friends house and today I plugged it in and the service is not suspended. It seems like either A, they want someone to use the phone so they can catch them and sue them or send them to jail. (which is entirely more fucked up than anything discussed here in this thread) or B they're stupid and don't care, or know that they can suspend the service to defend themselves.

Snowbird,
I'm only trying to argue my point at this time, some of these guys are just so brainwashed and closed minded its ridiculous.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
borg
Profile Joined September 2005
171 Posts
February 21 2007 06:52 GMT
#72
in your defense, you didnt get the chance to grow up with your parents while most everyone else here (maybe?) probably did.

this might be the reason why we think that returning it is not only the RIGHT thing to do, but also the OBVIOUS thing to do.

if you follow this advice, you're backed by the advice given by parents all over the world.
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-02-21 06:54:13
February 21 2007 06:53 GMT
#73
well good luck with that.
i don't believe in arguing over the internet :/

look at borg's post above me, wtf.
@riotsnowbird
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
February 21 2007 06:54 GMT
#74
On February 21 2007 15:44 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:42 borg wrote:
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.

not my sister, my gf.

And Cpt.obvious, No I would not rape little children if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never be legal anyways even in the worst of societies. You can't compare shit like that to something like finding a phone on the ground. Its totally unrelated.

And Charlie, No I would not use that cellphone i found if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never occur to me even in the worst scenario. You can't justify shit like that with something like "they are rich so they don't care" or "they are dumb they were asking for it". Its totally retarded.
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
uK]BosNia
Profile Joined September 2003
Canada78 Posts
February 21 2007 06:54 GMT
#75
if the phone was working screen, etc i dont think youd return it and make a thread about it
but the way i see it bcuz the screen doesnt work or w/e u wanna make calls, it's up to you to, if the phoen was a awesome phone 100% ud keep it, right?
;o
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
February 21 2007 06:57 GMT
#76
On February 21 2007 15:54 Cpt Obvious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:44 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 15:42 borg wrote:
how do you know they left it on the floor to be crushed? did you leave your phone (on purpose) before it was returned to you? please.

it doesnt matter who was the previous owner of the phone either. even if it was bill gates. how easily they can replace that lost item should not even be entered into the equation. nor is what happened to your sister.

but heck, if you feel that the world is unfair and dont give a damn... why do you even bother seeking absolution here.

not my sister, my gf.

And Cpt.obvious, No I would not rape little children if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never be legal anyways even in the worst of societies. You can't compare shit like that to something like finding a phone on the ground. Its totally unrelated.

And Charlie, No I would not use that cellphone i found if it were legal. I have no desire to. It would never occur to me even in the worst scenario. You can't justify shit like that with something like "they are rich so they don't care" or "they are dumb they were asking for it". Its totally retarded.


Ok, then thats your loss.

Dude, its a dog-eat-dog world anyone who doesn't cover themselves to the fullest is indeed asking to be fucked over by someone.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Sea.18
Profile Joined February 2007
45 Posts
February 21 2007 06:57 GMT
#77
its not even good, its just a hassle to keep.
Ganfei1
Profile Joined January 2007
China667 Posts
February 21 2007 06:58 GMT
#78
On February 21 2007 15:18 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:01 jtan wrote:
On February 21 2007 14:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Finally someone who has something important to contribute to the thread. Thanks Brood.

I live in California This phone is a cheapy 20$ one and its broken anyways. Phone details

It can't be considered larceny can it? If I just ditch the SIM card and keep the phone but not use their service?

Seriously! If everone was this egoistic the world would be total shit


I'm pretty sure the world is total shit right now and people are this egotistic (GW Bush?)
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2007 15:06 Ganfei wrote:
On February 21 2007 13:47 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On February 21 2007 13:44 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Yes, it's illegal. The calls you make are going to that persons bill. Thus you are then stealing. Return it.


Yes, but any smart person would suspend the service for the SIM card. If they don't turn it off its their fault. If they just leave it on and wait for someone to use the service thats like entrapment. Besides I don't have to return the phone. I just don't have to use their sim card.

I have lost my phone before and had it returned and I didn't give that person shit. Why should I go out of my way and return it to them (especially since a normal person would not have been able to figure out who owned the phone)?


Man I wish I knew some Law people who weren't biased towards karma and 'doing the right thing'.


You're obviously kind of stupid. "I wish I knew some "Law people" "I don't care if I'm being an asshole I only care if it's illegal" "It's like entrapment if they are too stupid to cancel their SIM card"

Oh ok, I guess it's also entrapment when someone leaves their car window open accidentally and you can unlock it and hotwire the car to steal it, but it has a GPS system in it so they can track you to find out who the fuck stole their car.

Why don't you stop being a dumbass and go pay for your own phone, or buy a fucking phone card for $10 with 200 minutes on it, or use internet phone, or something else.


Nothing I said sounded stupid. Your reading comprehension is terrible if you think otherwise.

Its totally different than hot-wiring a car, what the fuck are you talking about?


Rofl

If you seriously believe what you have replied to me, then you are a fucking moron. I made an analogy, and you ask what it has to do with anything? It's a fucking analogy, it's a parallel idea with different physical fucking objects. Go back to school you illiterate fuck. You don't support any of the shit you say, you just say it and then call other people stupid. At least I gave you the courtesy of an explanation, but I can see now that you're such a clown that it makes no difference were I to punch you in the face or give you a dissertation.
She prayed for me because she believed I was blind to sin, wanting me to kneel and pray too, because people to whom sin is just a matter of words, to them salvation is just words too.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
February 21 2007 06:59 GMT
#79
On February 21 2007 15:54 uK]BosNia wrote:
if the phone was working screen, etc i dont think youd return it and make a thread about it
but the way i see it bcuz the screen doesnt work or w/e u wanna make calls, it's up to you to, if the phoen was a awesome phone 100% ud keep it, right?


No, its a shitty phone regardless if it was broken or not, I don't want it. I'll probably just toss it in the garbage.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
NewbSaibot
Profile Joined May 2004
3849 Posts
February 21 2007 06:59 GMT
#80
Exactly what the fuck is brainwashed about this situation? You either A) use the phone or B) dont. Are we brainwashed for logically concluding that it is most likely illegal to use someone elses phone service without their permission? I mean what do you want out of this thread, to just have someone tell you what you want to hear? You're the reason people like us have to immediately go and cancel every single credit card/phone bill/utility/account that has personal information related to it when it becomes lost.

You seem to feel this is no big deal because you are under the assumption that they are purposely not canceling their account. Maybe they think the phone is lost. Maybe it belongs to a parents child who is afraid of confessing they lost it. Maybe they live in an area of the city where people return shit. Maybe it is owned by someone who has more than 1 cell phone and has yet to even realize they lost it. Maybe it is owned by someone who has a more important job than you and is so busy they simply havent had the opportunity to decide the best course of action. Maybe it belongs to an old lady who doesnt know wtf to do at all. Maybe they already have canceled it and their provider is simply allowing a grace period of usage until the end of the month.

Just because I leave my door unlocked to my house doesnt mean that you are allowed to walk inside "or else if i didnt want you in i would have locked the doors". Anyway Im not sure if you were ever on my good side or not, but you have instantly ruined any credibility you had with me and probably most of this forum with your faggotry, and I hope I never accidentally talk to you or respond to one of your threads again. And to think, just the other day you were kindly asking for assistance with your ipod. Loser.
I went to the chippy last night and only orderd chips because I knew I could get fish from her bushy plate.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2089
Snow 119
Bale 31
Noble 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1454
Mew2King2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1304
WinterStarcraft616
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 649
PiGStarcraft319
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS150
Maynarde135
RuFF_SC2114
Sick111
ViBE76
Livibee43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki138
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2106
League of Legends
• Lourlo1354
• Rush1098
• Stunt359
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 6m
OSC
8h 6m
Stellar Fest
8h 6m
OSC
19h 6m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.