• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:03
CEST 00:03
KST 07:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7846 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 843

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 841 842 843 844 845 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 15:59 GMT
#16841
Yeah. :D

And I have work to do, so I"ll try to pop by periodically. At this rate, I'd be happy to be top 5 on the overall Passionboard.
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 15:59 GMT
#16842
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 25 2014 16:00 GMT
#16843
On October 26 2014 00:59 SC2Toastie wrote:
Anyways, I'm talking about these beauties when I say paprika/ red bell pepper:

[image loading]

That's what we call paprika
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 16:00 GMT
#16844
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition

Then lets revive this thread ^_^
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 16:00 GMT
#16845
On October 26 2014 00:59 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly

I'm a little surprised to hear that, but I guess that makes sense. I used to be a math major, but decided to go into Electrical Engineering instead; I wasn't very good with how abstract everything was.
kiss kiss fall in love
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 16:01 GMT
#16846
On October 26 2014 01:00 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:59 SC2Toastie wrote:
Anyways, I'm talking about these beauties when I say paprika/ red bell pepper:

[image loading]

That's what we call paprika

Interesting. I think that in Canada, a paprika pepper is something which is violently red and very small and spicy.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 16:01 GMT
#16847
On October 26 2014 00:59 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition

out of curiosity, what competition was this?

Virginia Tech regional
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 16:02 GMT
#16848
On October 26 2014 00:59 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly

I tried out for math team, didn't make the cut so I went for quiz bowl, made varsity and participated in brain game
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 25 2014 16:02 GMT
#16849
On October 26 2014 00:59 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly

Maths sucks but now I am studing engineering where I need math badly
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 25 2014 16:02 GMT
#16850
On October 26 2014 01:01 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 01:00 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:59 SC2Toastie wrote:
Anyways, I'm talking about these beauties when I say paprika/ red bell pepper:

[image loading]

That's what we call paprika

Interesting. I think that in Canada, a paprika pepper is something which is violently red and very small and spicy.

We call that feferon...
I think "paprika" is actually a Hungarian term. But, I could be wrong
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 16:02 GMT
#16851
On October 26 2014 01:01 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:59 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition

out of curiosity, what competition was this?

Virginia Tech regional

How did it go?
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 25 2014 16:03 GMT
#16852
Do you have to play Bridge now templar?
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 16:03 GMT
#16853
On October 26 2014 01:03 GumBa wrote:
Do you have to play Bridge now templar?

Or groom your ponies?
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 16:04 GMT
#16854
On October 26 2014 01:00 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 00:59 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly

I'm a little surprised to hear that, but I guess that makes sense. I used to be a math major, but decided to go into Electrical Engineering instead; I wasn't very good with how abstract everything was.


The very top of our students is actually extremely good, like top 1-3 in the world though they perform very poor in math competitions like IMO. Paris is the place to be if you want to meet extremely skilled researchers (ENS, IMJ, CNRS...). But on the whole, people in France have a real problem with maths. Probably because we teach them in a really abstract -I'd say beautiful- way that most people don't enjoy.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 16:04 GMT
#16855
On October 26 2014 01:03 GumBa wrote:
Do you have to play Bridge now templar?

Don't wori he streaming it this time
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 16:04 GMT
#16856
On October 26 2014 01:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 01:01 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:59 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition

out of curiosity, what competition was this?

Virginia Tech regional

How did it go?

I got one right out of 7
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 16:05 GMT
#16857
On October 26 2014 01:03 GumBa wrote:
Do you have to play Bridge now templar?

In a few hours
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 25 2014 16:05 GMT
#16858
On October 26 2014 01:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 01:03 GumBa wrote:
Do you have to play Bridge now templar?

Or groom your ponies?

I was actually being serious for once :D
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 16:05 GMT
#16859
On October 26 2014 01:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 01:00 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:59 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly

I'm a little surprised to hear that, but I guess that makes sense. I used to be a math major, but decided to go into Electrical Engineering instead; I wasn't very good with how abstract everything was.


The very top of our students is actually extremely good, like top 1-3 in the world though they perform very poor in math competitions like IMO. Paris is the place to be if you want to meet extremely skilled researchers (ENS, IMJ, CNRS...). But on the whole, people in France have a real problem with maths. Probably because we teach them in a really abstract -I'd say beautiful- way that most people don't enjoy.

For me it's enjoyable but it makes it that much more difficult....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 16:06 GMT
#16860
On October 26 2014 01:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 01:00 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:59 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 00:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Not even 850?! What is going on people?!

I just got back from a math competition


Nice ! I'm a math teacher myself, it pleases me to see there are still some people to engage in those kind of competitions ^^. Too few people in France are really keen on maths sadly

I'm a little surprised to hear that, but I guess that makes sense. I used to be a math major, but decided to go into Electrical Engineering instead; I wasn't very good with how abstract everything was.


The very top of our students is actually extremely good, like top 1-3 in the world though they perform very poor in math competitions like IMO. Paris is the place to be if you want to meet extremely skilled researchers (ENS, IMJ, CNRS...). But on the whole, people in France have a real problem with maths. Probably because we teach them in a really abstract -I'd say beautiful- way that most people don't enjoy.

Yeah, I remember a certain tradition of French mathematicians throughout the centuries. Math is more than competitions, in the end. I think that it's a shame that people don't enjoy math as much as they could; it's basically becoming more and more useful as time progresses.
kiss kiss fall in love
Prev 1 841 842 843 844 845 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O128
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason149
BRAT_OK 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 948
ZZZero.O 128
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm33
League of Legends
Doublelift5185
JimRising 606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6077
Other Games
summit1g8949
FrodaN2829
KnowMe228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1283
BasetradeTV288
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1122
• Shiphtur204
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
57m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 57m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.