• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:53
CEST 22:53
KST 05:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6693 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 776

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 774 775 776 777 778 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:28 GMT
#15501
In starcraft2.fi there are replays from me playing skytoss starting in 2012. In my PC there are none replays anymore
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 23 2014 13:28 GMT
#15502
Carrier... that's something I haven't really seen since Stork's days.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 13:28 GMT
#15503
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^

3 bases? Lame. I just go mass void ray/immortal on two bases
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:29 GMT
#15504
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^


But then he cannot remake it or something?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:29 GMT
#15505
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol

I said, I play macro games.

And also important to remember. WoL maps are so easy to defend. Think Ohana, Cloud Kingdom.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:29 GMT
#15506
On October 23 2014 22:28 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
[quote]
Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^

3 bases? Lame. I just go mass void ray/immortal on two bases


Ha ha ha
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 23 2014 13:29 GMT
#15507
On October 23 2014 22:28 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
[quote]
Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^

3 bases? Lame. I just go mass void ray/immortal on two bases

that's still twice as many bases as you should have
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 23 2014 13:30 GMT
#15508
People forget Inno was the best terran in wol at the end
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 23 2014 13:30 GMT
#15509
On October 23 2014 22:29 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:28 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^

3 bases? Lame. I just go mass void ray/immortal on two bases

that's still twice as many bases as you should have

Or need, in WoL.
kiss kiss fall in love
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:30 GMT
#15510
On October 23 2014 22:29 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol

I said, I play macro games.

And also important to remember. WoL maps are so easy to defend. Think Ohana, Cloud Kingdom.

Never played Wings. Just HotS
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 13:31:39
October 23 2014 13:31 GMT
#15511
On October 23 2014 22:30 GumBa wrote:
People forget Inno was the best terran in wol at the end

this is probably why
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 13:31 GMT
#15512
On October 23 2014 22:29 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:28 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^

3 bases? Lame. I just go mass void ray/immortal on two bases

that's still twice as many bases as you should have

Can't support both on one base though... >.>
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 23 2014 13:32 GMT
#15513
On October 23 2014 22:31 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:29 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:28 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
[quote]
Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^

3 bases? Lame. I just go mass void ray/immortal on two bases

that's still twice as many bases as you should have

Can't support both on one base though... >.>

that kind of thinking gets you nowhere as protoss :D
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:32 GMT
#15514
I built more carriers than voidrays. But after hots came out. Suddenly everybody was using voidray ht. When I started playing WoL again I realised my mistake and now I do more voids than carriers
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:32 GMT
#15515
How many bases do I need to support mass void rays?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:32 GMT
#15516
While we're being nostalgic of good old WoL times, there's a pretty fun game going on between soO and Gumiho ^^
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 23 2014 13:33 GMT
#15517
On October 23 2014 22:32 Sakat wrote:
How many bases do I need to support mass void rays?

pylon nexus nexus nexus
add 8 stargates at some point
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:33 GMT
#15518
On October 23 2014 22:32 [PkF] Wire wrote:
While we're being nostalgic of good old WoL times, there's a pretty fun game going on between soO and Gumiho ^^

The 5 Thor drop play... soO sick
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:33 GMT
#15519
On October 23 2014 22:33 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:32 Sakat wrote:
How many bases do I need to support mass void rays?

pylon nexus nexus nexus
add 8 stargates at some point


That guy knows how Protoss works
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 13:34:15
October 23 2014 13:34 GMT
#15520
On October 23 2014 22:33 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:32 Sakat wrote:
How many bases do I need to support mass void rays?

pylon nexus nexus nexus
add 8 stargates at some point

I guess I would die if I did that
P isn't that OP
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Prev 1 774 775 776 777 778 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 665
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 94
Zeus 73
Trap 42
910 29
Bale 26
NaDa 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever310
Counter-Strike
edward210
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS124
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4366
Liquid`Hasu2346
Other Games
summit1g6633
shahzam485
byalli450
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC102
Chillindude28
Trikslyr23
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 69
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 7m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 7m
Stellar Fest
16h 7m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.