• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:21
CEST 03:21
KST 10:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7170 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 775

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 773 774 775 776 777 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:19 GMT
#15481
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 13:20 GMT
#15482
On October 23 2014 22:17 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:15 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:11 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
This is why I prefer WoL over hots. All bm and ragequitters play hots. All good people are playing WoL
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
MY TACTIC. THIS IS THE THEBLOODYDWARF TACTIC. I HAD 85% WR WITH THIS
[image loading]
Mission completed
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
I feedbacked about 10 infestors before this.
[image loading]
STORMEE STORMEEE STOOORMEEE

[image loading]
[image loading]
GGG GGG GGGG GGG (crowd applauds)


But when I run into someone that BM's me, I can insult them as much as I want and not feel bad about it

I never BM, but I like to insult people that do. It's a great feeling

Honestly though, I just like to get to this point
+ Show Spoiler +

&#91;image loading&#93;
&#91;image loading&#93;
&#91;image loading&#93;
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:20 GMT
#15483
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season


God that's an awful lot. I guess I should play a game of it once and again too, I loved WoL actually even though BL infestor was pretty tough.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:21 GMT
#15484
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 13:22 GMT
#15485
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:22 GMT
#15486
If the WCS finals were to be played in WoL with the current WoL map pool, who would prevail ?
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:22 GMT
#15487
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 23 2014 13:22 GMT
#15488
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

As Brotoss? Is it really that oppressive?
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 13:23 GMT
#15489
On October 23 2014 22:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
If the WCS finals were to be played in WoL with the current WoL map pool, who would prevail ?

Probably Bomber?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:23 GMT
#15490
On October 23 2014 22:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
If the WCS finals were to be played in WoL with the current WoL map pool, who would prevail ?

MC/Bomber/Polt/MMA/Life
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:23 GMT
#15491
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:23 GMT
#15492
On October 23 2014 22:20 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season


God that's an awful lot. I guess I should play a game of it once and again too, I loved WoL actually even though BL infestor was pretty tough.

I havent ever got problem with BL infestors as protoss. All pro gamers and other players built colossus and stalkers ht and mothership and struggled vs winfestor gglords. But I just played skytoss
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:24 GMT
#15493
On October 23 2014 22:23 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
If the WCS finals were to be played in WoL with the current WoL map pool, who would prevail ?

Probably Bomber?


Not a Zerg ?
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:24 GMT
#15494
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

SKYTOSS
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 13:24 GMT
#15495
On October 23 2014 22:23 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
If the WCS finals were to be played in WoL with the current WoL map pool, who would prevail ?

MC/Bomber/Polt/MMA/Life

MC can't use oracles/MSC, Bomber probably, Polt can't use widow mines, MMA probably, Life probably
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:25 GMT
#15496
On October 23 2014 22:23 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:20 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season


God that's an awful lot. I guess I should play a game of it once and again too, I loved WoL actually even though BL infestor was pretty tough.

I havent ever got problem with BL infestors as protoss. All pro gamers and other players built colossus and stalkers ht and mothership and struggled vs winfestor gglords. But I just played skytoss


There was that infamous mothership + mass chargelot archon build that literally hardcountered BL/infestor. I think a TL article was done about it. I used it quite a lot at some time, it was really powerful if the Z didn't adapt (and very few of them did ^^) !
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 13:26 GMT
#15497
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 23 2014 13:26 GMT
#15498
On October 23 2014 22:24 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:23 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
If the WCS finals were to be played in WoL with the current WoL map pool, who would prevail ?

MC/Bomber/Polt/MMA/Life

MC can't use oracles/MSC, Bomber probably, Polt can't use widow mines, MMA probably, Life probably

Yeah, it seems like Bomber's still using WOL-style builds and plays. Just in a different game.
kiss kiss fall in love
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 13:27 GMT
#15499
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 23 2014 13:28 GMT
#15500
On October 23 2014 22:27 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 22:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:22 The_Templar wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:21 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:19 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 22:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm pretty amazed there are still people to play WoL !

30,195 people has played 1v1 EU WoL ladder this season

Can I still play WoL if I hav HotS?

Ofc. In options you can change game version

Dwarf, how do you deal with Broodlord/Infestor in WoL?

He vortexes it and sends in archons obviously

Is that the only way?


Yeah, or push on 3 bases before the BL/infestor count is too high. That's what I used to do with 4 colossi, mass blink stalkers and a lot of sentries, and it usually worked.

That is what everybody did except me. I just built voidray ht archon carrier mothership and GG

Weird unit comp though. Feels like something you build on 5 bases lol


You'd be amazed to know what kind of deathball a Protoss can max on on 3 bases ^^
Prev 1 773 774 775 776 777 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 152
RuFF_SC2 60
ProTech31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15801
Rain 2261
Artosis 628
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Mew2King158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor990
Other Games
summit1g8373
Day[9].tv670
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS75
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 152
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv670
• Scarra537
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 39m
OSC
20h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.