• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:32
CEST 23:32
KST 06:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8792 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 1020

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 21:01 GMT
#20381
I reckon that the shutdown was enough of a pressing matter to be done, but not enough of one for one of the admins to come down themselves.
kiss kiss fall in love
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:05 GMT
#20382
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


What's different? That this thread has way more content than a normal LR thread already? That's no reason to shut it down.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
October 28 2014 21:06 GMT
#20383
id say we should start to ask for selfbans in protest, kinda like these monks who burned himself to protest.

who wants to start?
TL+ Member
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
October 28 2014 21:06 GMT
#20384
On October 29 2014 06:06 Paljas wrote:
id say we should start to ask for selfbans in protest, kinda like these monks who burned himself to protest.

who wants to start?

Do you really want to be ban ?
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 28 2014 21:07 GMT
#20385
Didn't everyone expect this to happen anyways?
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 21:07 GMT
#20386
On October 29 2014 06:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Didn't everyone expect this to happen anyways?

I was expecting to be permabanned for all my shitposting, if I'm honest...
kiss kiss fall in love
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:08 GMT
#20387
On October 29 2014 06:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Didn't everyone expect this to happen anyways?

I honestly expected this to end in some temp bans (or perma in my case)
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
JamesT
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
United States681 Posts
October 28 2014 21:10 GMT
#20388
this just makes me sad, but at least I didn't get banned
How are you doing today?
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
October 28 2014 21:12 GMT
#20389
I feel the hype dieing
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:12 GMT
#20390
On October 29 2014 06:12 SC2Toastie wrote:
I feel the hype dieing

It's dead dude, just let it go. The mods have killed it. This was planned right from the start I guess
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 28 2014 21:13 GMT
#20391
On October 29 2014 06:06 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:06 Paljas wrote:
id say we should start to ask for selfbans in protest, kinda like these monks who burned himself to protest.

who wants to start?

Do you really want to be ban ?

Well, my passion for Blizzcon is in this thread so...
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 21:13 GMT
#20392
On October 29 2014 06:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:12 SC2Toastie wrote:
I feel the hype dieing

It's dead dude, just let it go. The mods have killed it. This was planned right from the start I guess

I did mention before that the mods actually harvest the hype to use as weapons of war.

Maybe they're using it to fuel the Liquid players in 2015 because of the Liquidbias.
kiss kiss fall in love
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 28 2014 21:14 GMT
#20393
I have a feeling this will get dirty
It would be really nice if an alternate solution was found though
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-28 21:17:01
October 28 2014 21:15 GMT
#20394
On October 29 2014 06:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


What's different? That this thread has way more content than a normal LR thread already? That's no reason to shut it down.

Spam, image macros, 80% of the thread is far off-topic, shit ton of 0 content posts....

Even I wanted to gouge my eyes out after reading this thread, and I'm usually the one who goes off-topic (and yes I know I contributed to this shit posting, but this is one of the worst LR threads I've ever read)
Community News
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:15 GMT
#20395
On October 29 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:12 SC2Toastie wrote:
I feel the hype dieing

It's dead dude, just let it go. The mods have killed it. This was planned right from the start I guess

I did mention before that the mods actually harvest the hype to use as weapons of war.

Maybe they're using it to fuel the Liquid players in 2015 because of the Liquidbias.


So this was all a ruse to make Liquid a better team?! Those bastards!
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 28 2014 21:16 GMT
#20396
On October 29 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


What's different? That this thread has way more content than a normal LR thread already? That's no reason to shut it down.

Spam, image macros, 80% of the thread is far off-topic, shit ton of 0 content posts....

Even I wanted to gouge my eyes out after reading this thread, and I'm usually the one who goes off-topic (and yes I know I contributed to this shit posting, but this is one of the worst LR threads I've ever read0


Sounds pretty normal LR to me...
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
October 28 2014 21:18 GMT
#20397
On October 29 2014 06:16 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
[quote]

If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

[quote]

You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


What's different? That this thread has way more content than a normal LR thread already? That's no reason to shut it down.

Spam, image macros, 80% of the thread is far off-topic, shit ton of 0 content posts....

Even I wanted to gouge my eyes out after reading this thread, and I'm usually the one who goes off-topic (and yes I know I contributed to this shit posting, but this is one of the worst LR threads I've ever read0


Sounds pretty normal LR to me...


Except we don't allow Image macros and memes in LR threads at all.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
October 28 2014 21:19 GMT
#20398
On October 29 2014 06:15 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:12 SC2Toastie wrote:
I feel the hype dieing

It's dead dude, just let it go. The mods have killed it. This was planned right from the start I guess

I did mention before that the mods actually harvest the hype to use as weapons of war.

Maybe they're using it to fuel the Liquid players in 2015 because of the Liquidbias.


So this was all a ruse to make Liquid a better team?! Those bastards!

Liquid'Conspiracy
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:19 GMT
#20399
On October 29 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


What's different? That this thread has way more content than a normal LR thread already? That's no reason to shut it down.

Spam, image macros, 80% of the thread is far off-topic, shit ton of 0 content posts....

Even I wanted to gouge my eyes out after reading this thread, and I'm usually the one who goes off-topic (and yes I know I contributed to this shit posting, but this is one of the worst LR threads I've ever read)


Ya, a lot of this thread is cringeworthy, and it isn't high quality, but I still think keeping it as is and just start enforcing rules when the tournament starts is better than scraping the whole thing and starting over. You knew this was happening when the thread was made a month in advance.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:19 GMT
#20400
On October 29 2014 06:18 KadaverBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:16 sharkie wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
[quote]

Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


What's different? That this thread has way more content than a normal LR thread already? That's no reason to shut it down.

Spam, image macros, 80% of the thread is far off-topic, shit ton of 0 content posts....

Even I wanted to gouge my eyes out after reading this thread, and I'm usually the one who goes off-topic (and yes I know I contributed to this shit posting, but this is one of the worst LR threads I've ever read0


Sounds pretty normal LR to me...


Except we don't allow Image macros and memes in LR threads at all.


I think people were still warned for memes, weren't they? I swear I saw some.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Prev 1 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
JuggernautJason83
ViBE0
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 207
Dewaltoss 95
Hyuk 68
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm12
League of Legends
Doublelift2653
Counter-Strike
Fnx 789
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5811
Khaldor949
Liquid`Hasu729
Other Games
summit1g6695
FrodaN2467
shahzam433
KnowMe322
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC115
ArmadaUGS89
Trikslyr48
ZombieGrub45
PPMD43
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH350
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21244
Other Games
• imaqtpie920
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
OSC
29m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 29m
Online Event
13h 29m
FEL
18h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.