• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:31
CEST 23:31
KST 06:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9014 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 1019

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 28 2014 20:46 GMT
#20361
On October 29 2014 05:45 KtJ wrote:
Can somebody explain to me what's going on?


Forum staff don't like it when their forum is actually used
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
October 28 2014 20:47 GMT
#20362
rofl gg boys hahahahaha
The Bomber boy
Calt
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany1140 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-28 20:48:32
October 28 2014 20:47 GMT
#20363
I think it would be a huge shame if this thread got removed; sure there is a lot of low quality posts during the last 1000 pages but as it was said it that is pretty normal for LR threads.

A mod note on top and normal posting rules once Blizzcon actually starts would be enough imo. Don't think it would be too confusing for the "casual" LR poster; Blizzcon is a very special event and deserves the hype !
Maru | MMA | Ryung | MKP | NaDa | BoxeR | FOREVER SLAYERS
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-28 20:52:46
October 28 2014 20:47 GMT
#20364
On October 29 2014 05:45 KtJ wrote:
Can somebody explain to me what's going on?

On October 29 2014 05:39 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:38 KtJ wrote:
Can somebody explain to me what's going on?

Lot of hype for BlizzCon so lots of random crap for hype. Zealously has to shut down because it isn't practical using this for the actual tournament LR.

Although it isn't just Zealously (who is personally against this decision) but the whole TL Staff
edit: and I agree with the post above me. This thread went way overboard but it's better than a small, hypeless thread ; and there were some quality hype content in the middle of the mud
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 28 2014 20:48 GMT
#20365
What is problem having mod note? None.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 28 2014 20:49 GMT
#20366
Honestly, it's not like the "normal" people will read through the 1k pages anyway... so what's the harm in them being there. They'll just jump to the last page to see what's going on and follow from there.

Then again... we'll be getting a new LR as soon as day 1 games are over anyway....

I'm not happy about that this thread being renamed or closed... It's a lot of fun and we'll be able to reference it to some degree in all the "real" LR threads anyway...

YOU MAY TAKE OUR THREADS, BUT YOU CANNOT TAKE MY PASSSSIOOONNNNNN!!!!!!
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 28 2014 20:49 GMT
#20367
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.
AdministratorBreak the chains
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 20:50 GMT
#20368
On October 29 2014 05:47 Calthrash wrote:
I think it would be a huge shame if this thread got removed; sure there is a lot of low quality posts during the last 1000 pages but as it was said it that is pretty normal for LR threads.

A mod note on top and normal posting rules once Blizzcon actually starts would be enough imo. Don't think it would be too confusing for the "casual" LR poster; Blizzcon is a very special event and deserves the hype !


No, I get it, TL just have the same opinions on casual users as Blizzard. Any deviation from the established norm at all is far too confusing and scary to casuals who have no brain power at all. This thread will get locked for the same reason that FF's were never changed, it would scare casuals and drive them away forever.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
October 28 2014 20:51 GMT
#20369
On October 29 2014 05:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:47 Calthrash wrote:
I think it would be a huge shame if this thread got removed; sure there is a lot of low quality posts during the last 1000 pages but as it was said it that is pretty normal for LR threads.

A mod note on top and normal posting rules once Blizzcon actually starts would be enough imo. Don't think it would be too confusing for the "casual" LR poster; Blizzcon is a very special event and deserves the hype !


No, I get it, TL just have the same opinions on casual users as Blizzard. Any deviation from the established norm at all is far too confusing and scary to casuals who have no brain power at all. This thread will get locked for the same reason that FF's were never changed, it would scare casuals and drive them away forever.

fukin casuls
Community News
TL+ Member
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 28 2014 20:52 GMT
#20370
Wait did magic happen just before my very eyes. I saw a Zealously post appear and disappear, replaced by a Lorning post
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 20:53 GMT
#20371
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 28 2014 20:53 GMT
#20372
On October 29 2014 05:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:47 Calthrash wrote:
I think it would be a huge shame if this thread got removed; sure there is a lot of low quality posts during the last 1000 pages but as it was said it that is pretty normal for LR threads.

A mod note on top and normal posting rules once Blizzcon actually starts would be enough imo. Don't think it would be too confusing for the "casual" LR poster; Blizzcon is a very special event and deserves the hype !


No, I get it, TL just have the same opinions on casual users as Blizzard. Any deviation from the established norm at all is far too confusing and scary to casuals who have no brain power at all. This thread will get locked for the same reason that FF's were never changed, it would scare casuals and drive them away forever.

So well said.

Casuals are too casuals damn...
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 28 2014 20:55 GMT
#20373
I was spending way too long figuring out how to make this
turns out 10% of the people only own about 86% of the passion*
+ Show Spoiler [distribution of passion (cumultative)] +
[image loading]

* based on the most recent #passionboard I could find
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 28 2014 20:55 GMT
#20374
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins


I agree. Clicking on the bigger number is equally hard if this number is 54 or 1577.
Calt
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany1140 Posts
October 28 2014 20:57 GMT
#20375
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins


Was wondering this as well - The front page still shows the results etc just as a normal LR thread would. Other than that I just click to the latest page, it does not really matter if its 10 or 1000 pages in between. I think I would be far more shocked if I went to a Blizzcon thread and saw it had 15 pages instead of this thread for what is supposed to be the biggest event of the year.
Maru | MMA | Ryung | MKP | NaDa | BoxeR | FOREVER SLAYERS
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
October 28 2014 20:57 GMT
#20376
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is
Community News
TL+ Member
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
October 28 2014 20:57 GMT
#20377
On October 29 2014 05:55 dangthatsright wrote:
I was spending way too long figuring out how to make this
turns out 10% of the people only own about 86% of the passion*
+ Show Spoiler [distribution of passion (cumultative)] +
[image loading]

* based on the most recent #passionboard I could find

Disgusting display of greed and hype corporation corruption. Shut down passion capitalism!
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 20:58 GMT
#20378
On October 29 2014 05:39 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:36 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Zealously is literally killing my hype for Blizzcon.


Hey, this isn't my idea, I'm just letting you guys know in advance.

Yeah, that's implied. If I had to guess how it worked on the mod/admin side, they all came to the conclusion (at around page 50) that this thread isn't gonna be kept for the actual event. And then one of them was chosen to just let the posters know about that.
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 28 2014 20:58 GMT
#20379
On October 29 2014 05:57 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:49 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:39 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:34 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:30 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:26 Silvana wrote:
Yeah I think a mod note on top would suffice... This thread has nothing wrong or different compared to other LR threads (besides the size and passhun) so why discard it for a new one? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not like it's violating the rules right?

Edit: oh well I realize we got some leeway regarding the posting rules but still I think it's pretty epic to keep it as the official LR thread


If this were literally any other LR thread on TL, people would have been warned and banned for quintuple posting and making zero-content posts around page 50. I know this thread is all in good fun, but this really isn't a standard LR thread by any stretch of the imagination.

On October 29 2014 05:24 Aeromi wrote:
You can't deny that there is a lot of shitpost/poor posts in this thread.


You mean like every LR thread?


Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament. And it will normalize when the event actually starts, so I don't see any problem


The fact that Blizzcon isn't a normal tournament is why this thread was allowed to run essentially without rules in the first place. Keeping it as is, to say the least, is impractical.


I understand, but I still say this should remain as the one true thread. It was started early with the intention of pre-hyping Blizzcon to the max, and it's not our fault rules weren't enforced here while we did just that


Rules weren't enforced because we know the LR regulars enjoy tangentially related off-topic discussions and everything that goes with it. I think you're being unfair in saying that "it's not our fault rules weren't enforced". No, obviously we're responsible for enforcing rules and could have dropped the hammer on people making eleven posts in a row of filling entire pages with posts no longer than 8 characters. We figured there was no harm in letting things run like this for a while before the biggest tournament of the year, but the majority of staff members agree that this thread isn't practical for the actual purpose of being an LR thread dedicated to the tournament itself.


Why isn't it practical though? Because it has a lot of posts before? All tournament threads are usually started a little early and have some posts before the event starts. This really is no different besides the number of pages. It's not conventional, but I wouldn't say it isn't practical either. No one reads the early pages once the tournament begins

Well, it is


Not denying it's different, but arguing the difference isn't relevant.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 28 2014 20:58 GMT
#20380
On October 29 2014 05:58 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 05:39 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 05:36 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Zealously is literally killing my hype for Blizzcon.


Hey, this isn't my idea, I'm just letting you guys know in advance.

Yeah, that's implied. If I had to guess how it worked on the mod/admin side, they all came to the conclusion (at around page 50) that this thread isn't gonna be kept for the actual event. And then one of them was chosen to just let the posters know about that.


probably the one most popular with the crowd ^^
Prev 1 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
JuggernautJason83
ViBE0
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 207
Dewaltoss 95
Hyuk 68
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm12
League of Legends
Doublelift2653
Counter-Strike
Fnx 789
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5811
Khaldor949
Liquid`Hasu729
Other Games
summit1g6695
FrodaN2467
shahzam433
KnowMe322
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC115
ArmadaUGS89
Trikslyr48
ZombieGrub45
PPMD43
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH350
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21244
Other Games
• imaqtpie920
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
OSC
29m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 29m
Online Event
13h 29m
FEL
18h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.