• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7454 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 1022

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 28 2014 21:34 GMT
#20421
Some mod has to be responsible for letting it go out of hand no?

Should have started warning/banning right from the beginning and not just let the users do what they want
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:34 GMT
#20422
Im sorry. I'm coming off as mad about this, when really I'm just baffled. You guys can do what you want, but I just think we've let it go into a situation where no one's really happy.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 28 2014 21:36 GMT
#20423
On October 29 2014 06:34 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Im sorry. I'm coming off as mad about this, when really I'm just baffled. You guys can do what you want, but I just think we've let it go into a situation where no one's really happy.


Definitely. I don't really care either, it's just sad an event like Blizzcon is going to have like 20 pages of hype/pre-game talking when it could easily have had 200 good quality pages had you open the thread a bit later with some modding. At least I hope you learn from this.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 28 2014 21:38 GMT
#20424
On October 29 2014 06:32 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:31 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:29 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:27 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:23 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:20 Zealously wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:12 SC2Toastie wrote:
I feel the hype dieing

It's dead dude, just let it go. The mods have killed it. This was planned right from the start I guess


That's a really unfair thing to say. Would you have preferred us to lock the thread when it was made and say "Wait three weeks, this will just be shit anyway."? Do you think that decision would have been more popular?


Honestly, kind of. I think that would have been no big deal.

If the point of this is that it was a low quality thread, then the mods job is to prevent that from happening if they want to.


I don't really understand. If you let a thread like this exist like weeks in advance, we all know how it's going to end. Next time just open this thread one week before Blizzcon or mod the thread if you don't want hundreds of pages of hype/pashun/spam/troll.


Exactly. Don't now decide the thread is below acceptable quality. It was the same way 2 weeks ago. In fact it's only gotten better since then


The thread was deemed below acceptable quality 11 days ago. This isn't a spur-of-the-moment decision that someone thought of just to be pissy.


That's fine, but then it kept going the same way... so why now tell us it's getting shut down especially after you yourself reopened it?


The original idea was to inform people about 24 hours before Day 1 begins and make a new thread at that point. I'm letting people know early because I know people put a lot of time into this thread and I felt it would be nicer than simply locking it out of the blue and going "Move on guys!".
AdministratorBreak the chains
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 21:39 GMT
#20425
On October 29 2014 06:36 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:34 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Im sorry. I'm coming off as mad about this, when really I'm just baffled. You guys can do what you want, but I just think we've let it go into a situation where no one's really happy.


Definitely. I don't really care either, it's just sad an event like Blizzcon is going to have like 20 pages of hype/pre-game talking when it could easily have had 200 good quality pages had you open the thread a bit later with some modding. At least I hope you learn from this.

If you were to go down this thread and gut the shitposts and irrelevant garbage, you are not going to end up with 200 good quality pages. You'd be lucky in some sense or another to have around 30.
kiss kiss fall in love
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 28 2014 21:39 GMT
#20426
ANAKIN LOST BOYS THE JEDI WIN
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 28 2014 21:40 GMT
#20427
On October 29 2014 06:34 sharkie wrote:
Some mod has to be responsible for letting it go out of hand no?

Should have started warning/banning right from the beginning and not just let the users do what they want


TL is too lax these days gg

back in my day micronesia would warn me for improper capitalization
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 28 2014 21:41 GMT
#20428
Wait this thread is being shut down? Wtf
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 28 2014 21:41 GMT
#20429
On October 29 2014 06:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:36 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:34 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Im sorry. I'm coming off as mad about this, when really I'm just baffled. You guys can do what you want, but I just think we've let it go into a situation where no one's really happy.


Definitely. I don't really care either, it's just sad an event like Blizzcon is going to have like 20 pages of hype/pre-game talking when it could easily have had 200 good quality pages had you open the thread a bit later with some modding. At least I hope you learn from this.

If you were to go down this thread and gut the shitposts and irrelevant garbage, you are not going to end up with 200 good quality pages. You'd be lucky in some sense or another to have around 30.


I think you're underestimating. There are probably 100 good pages of Blizzcon discussion and quality posts. A lot of it is passion spam crap or completely off topic garbage but not all of it.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 21:41 GMT
#20430
On October 29 2014 06:40 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:34 sharkie wrote:
Some mod has to be responsible for letting it go out of hand no?

Should have started warning/banning right from the beginning and not just let the users do what they want


TL is too lax these days gg

back in my day micronesia would warn me for improper capitalization

I would consider it to be irresponsible to say that they're too lax all the time. I mean, this is a one-time thing. If I was to go to other threads and post the same degree of "quality" here, I'd get warned and probably banned.
kiss kiss fall in love
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
October 28 2014 21:42 GMT
#20431
On October 29 2014 06:39 Dodgin wrote:
ANAKIN LOST BOYS THE JEDI WIN

but the younglings are already dead
TL+ Member
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
October 28 2014 21:42 GMT
#20432
We should nominate a 'best page' before this thread gets closed

I pick page 450
Community News
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 28 2014 21:42 GMT
#20433
On October 29 2014 06:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:36 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:34 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Im sorry. I'm coming off as mad about this, when really I'm just baffled. You guys can do what you want, but I just think we've let it go into a situation where no one's really happy.


Definitely. I don't really care either, it's just sad an event like Blizzcon is going to have like 20 pages of hype/pre-game talking when it could easily have had 200 good quality pages had you open the thread a bit later with some modding. At least I hope you learn from this.

If you were to go down this thread and gut the shitposts and irrelevant garbage, you are not going to end up with 200 good quality pages. You'd be lucky in some sense or another to have around 30.


Good quality does not mean only elaborate long posts with pics and everything. No pre tourney thread is made exclusively of this. I just meant "strictly about the games and why we're excited about Blizzcon". You would definitely find a lot of pages dealing with those topics. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic with 200 but definitely more than what we'll get with that last minute thread.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 28 2014 21:42 GMT
#20434
On October 29 2014 06:41 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:36 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 29 2014 06:34 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Im sorry. I'm coming off as mad about this, when really I'm just baffled. You guys can do what you want, but I just think we've let it go into a situation where no one's really happy.


Definitely. I don't really care either, it's just sad an event like Blizzcon is going to have like 20 pages of hype/pre-game talking when it could easily have had 200 good quality pages had you open the thread a bit later with some modding. At least I hope you learn from this.

If you were to go down this thread and gut the shitposts and irrelevant garbage, you are not going to end up with 200 good quality pages. You'd be lucky in some sense or another to have around 30.


I think you're underestimating. There are probably 100 good pages of Blizzcon discussion and quality posts. A lot of it is passion spam crap or completely off topic garbage but not all of it.

Even the on-topic parts of this thread have tons of off-topic mixed in...
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 28 2014 21:42 GMT
#20435
On October 29 2014 06:42 Lorning wrote:
We should nominate a 'best page' before this thread gets closed

I pick page 450

We should do that when the thread's actually going to be closed. Your absolute snake-move on 450 was atrocious, and you know it.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 28 2014 21:43 GMT
#20436
On October 29 2014 06:42 Lorning wrote:
We should nominate a 'best page' before this thread gets closed

I pick page 450

Hahaha, I agree with this. Most consistent page in the thread.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-28 21:46:00
October 28 2014 21:43 GMT
#20437
On October 29 2014 06:42 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:42 Lorning wrote:
We should nominate a 'best page' before this thread gets closed

I pick page 450

We should do that when the thread's actually going to be closed. Your absolute snake-move on 450 was atrocious, and you know it.

Atrocious? More like "best page eveeeeer"
Community News
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 28 2014 21:44 GMT
#20438
On October 29 2014 06:42 Paljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 06:39 Dodgin wrote:
ANAKIN LOST BOYS THE JEDI WIN

but the younglings are already dead


opterown doesn't give a fuk
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 28 2014 21:44 GMT
#20439
On October 29 2014 06:34 sharkie wrote:
Some mod has to be responsible for letting it go out of hand no?

Should have started warning/banning right from the beginning and not just let the users do what they want


Probably me. Like I've said, this thread was essentially free of rules because it's a one-time occasion. Perhaps people would have preferred not to have this thread open for posting in so far in advance, but I was pretty sure that people would enjoy being allowed to talk about anything tangentially related to Blizzcon for a few weeks.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Calt
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany1140 Posts
October 28 2014 21:44 GMT
#20440
On October 29 2014 06:42 Lorning wrote:
We should nominate a 'best page' before this thread gets closed

I pick page 450


Went back to see what was on it. Was not disappointed!
Maru | MMA | Ryung | MKP | NaDa | BoxeR | FOREVER SLAYERS
Prev 1 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1026
ComeBackTV 853
SteadfastSC779
TaKeTV 544
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex156
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 779
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex 156
ProTech130
BRAT_OK 12
MindelVK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46932
Bisu 2108
Horang2 1180
EffOrt 1001
Hyuk 631
Soma 606
BeSt 519
Shuttle 510
Mini 487
Light 428
[ Show more ]
Larva 348
ZerO 196
Rush 189
Leta 90
firebathero 82
Mong 76
Sea.KH 69
Snow 59
910 57
Pusan 53
Sexy 47
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Trap 24
Terrorterran 22
Yoon 22
Shine 19
Liquid`Ret 18
Rock 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7951
qojqva1310
Counter-Strike
Fnx 811
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1516
Khaldor1127
Lowko458
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1272
Beastyqt551
B2W.Neo426
Livibee200
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX140
XaKoH 135
ArmadaUGS115
KnowMe111
Mew2King81
QueenE76
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 30
• Gemini_19 11
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 36
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3757
Other Games
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 47m
Online Event
19h 47m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.