• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:39
CEST 11:39
KST 18:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11787 users

Flash reported practicing and enjoying sc2 - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 63 Next
Don't directly link to images on Korean sites! Always rehost!
Capook
Profile Joined April 2010
United States122 Posts
April 26 2012 00:49 GMT
#181
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
April 26 2012 00:49 GMT
#182
On April 26 2012 09:45 HeaDStrong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:39 Jealous wrote:
On April 26 2012 09:10 Demonhunter04 wrote:
On April 26 2012 09:05 SlowBullets wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:57 blubbdavid wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:14 blubbdavid wrote:
Don't pay attention to ZNF and ZoW, they life in their own world.
And I like how it is good for ESPORTS now that BW is dead.


Everyday I life a good life. Don't make fun of how I life my life, thank you very much!

fuuuuuuuu
this one goes to you
and it will fun to see how long the SC2 foreign scene will survive

hmm, not very long. I'd be surprised if more than a year to be honest.


Let's hope that's not the case....the foreign scene is critical to the growth of this industry.

I'm getting de ja vu of 10 years ago when those same words wore spoken and summarily proven wrong by the development of BW. The foreign scene is irrelevant if it produces mostly biased, overly patriotic fans and mediocre-at-best players (that's my third party observation from reading the comments on a few newsposts, not exactly scientific data I concede) - any scene with these factors would be better off by trimming the fat, as what naturally happened in BW. Skill and entertainment value (arguably the same thing) are what is needed. Why do we want esports to be fucking enormous anyways? I'd rather have OSL/MSL/PL and not GSL/GSTL/IPL/MLG/DH/TSL/LOL/WTF/BBQ/TOURNEY WITH ONLY MEDIOCRE FOREIGN PLAYERS/WE THREW MONEY ON DIS TOURNEY/ETC. Why? Higher concentration of skill.

Closer to the subject at hand, I agree with Taekwon. All the previous "SC2 is boring" comments came before the BW coaches interview and the rumors of the SC2/BW PL. Every statement from now will be either people retiring because they don't want to put up with the BS or "Progamer X is playing SC2! He says it's really fun! He also wants to maintain his salary and garner viewership in order to make sure the ship doesn't sink before he makes more bank!"


I agree. No way there will be much news of pros who are switching bashing sc2, because the only reason for the switch is the pressure from sponsors and not some evolution of the pro-scene. So saying the game is bad would upset the sponsors and i just can't see it happening, with them being the people who pay their salaries...

Let's hope this kills the foreign SC2 scene and all the SC2 players switch back to broodwar hahaha.. I would actually say that in this scenario they would kinda break even in my eyes.

I can't dream that strongly. I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately ): I would like the foreign scene to rise up to the occasion (also a dream but I don't want to wish ill to TeamLiquid and the people that truly enjoy SC2). Logically, I think that the trimming of the fat that I described above is more likely - SC2 following in the steps of BW, and given what happened to BW after the time when foreigners were competent, I think that would be best for "esports" because of the aforementioned concentration of skill and lack of biased patriotic cancer in the scene. In other words, it would weed out the people whose opinion I personally find deplorable.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
April 26 2012 00:49 GMT
#183
On April 26 2012 09:38 Eee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:28 fabiano wrote:
On April 26 2012 09:25 sGs.Stregon wrote:
You know how I know that Sc2 fanboys dont understand what this merger means.. They are happier to get Flash, when they should realize the best thing for them is the Korean Commentaters that are going to come with the deal.

Omg he doesnt see the probe.. omg how could (x) player miss this, omg, omg he hasnt scouted it yet PYYYYYYLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN


The SC2 fanboys do not appreciate commentary in korean it seems, since they are always complaining how BW doesn't have english commentators and etcetera

I as an sc2 "fanboy" can't stand watching brood war with English commentary, nothing as frustrating as when you're looking for a bw game on YouTube and you can only find it with English commentary.


Please.

Worse is english commentary being spoken over the korean commentary so all you hear is neither at the same time.
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 26 2012 00:50 GMT
#184
On April 26 2012 09:47 Ansinjunger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:41 L3gendary wrote:
So...what does this article have to do with bw?



If Fruitdealer switched to League of Legends, it would be SC2 news. There's a lot of "Bah! Humbug" @SC2 in this thread.


We already know that. It'd be more like Fruitdealer switching champions in LoL.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
April 26 2012 00:55 GMT
#185
I thought it would be mixed next season?
As in Flash plays BW and let Suny play SC2?
☺
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 00:55:41
April 26 2012 00:55 GMT
#186
On April 26 2012 09:49 Capook wrote:
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?


To think that BW pros are switching into this fanbase....*sigh*
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
mewbert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States291 Posts
April 26 2012 00:59 GMT
#187
I was a big BW fan but to be honest im glad that this is happening, its going to be great to see Flash play SC2, bw is dead and this is the next natural step of progression, embrace it.
SlowBullets
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States839 Posts
April 26 2012 01:00 GMT
#188
On April 26 2012 09:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:49 Capook wrote:
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?


To think that BW pros are switching into this fanbase....*sigh*


Too much facepalm..
.
Why do you even post here Capook? lol
1:1 go sc2 LAN? Oh wait...
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 01:04:46
April 26 2012 01:03 GMT
#189
On April 26 2012 09:47 Ansinjunger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:41 L3gendary wrote:
So...what does this article have to do with bw?



If Fruitdealer switched to League of Legends, it would be SC2 news. There's a lot of "Bah! Humbug" @SC2 in this thread.


I can't imagine why that could be.


On April 26 2012 09:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:49 Capook wrote:
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?


To think that BW pros are switching into this fanbase....*sigh*


He's not being serious, FYI.
BW forever || Thall
BandonBanshee
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada437 Posts
April 26 2012 01:05 GMT
#190
On April 26 2012 09:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:49 Capook wrote:
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?


To think that BW pros are switching into this fanbase....*sigh*

Ya he stands for every sc2 fan.... How do you even manage to watch Brood War with your nose so up in the air?
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
April 26 2012 01:05 GMT
#191
I am both very sad and very excited about this.... Seeing more bw pro's in sc2 will be awesome but i still feel bw is better ESPORT
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 01:11:00
April 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#192
On April 26 2012 10:03 Rostam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:47 Ansinjunger wrote:
On April 26 2012 09:41 L3gendary wrote:
So...what does this article have to do with bw?



If Fruitdealer switched to League of Legends, it would be SC2 news. There's a lot of "Bah! Humbug" @SC2 in this thread.


I can't imagine why that could be.


Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 09:49 Capook wrote:
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?


To think that BW pros are switching into this fanbase....*sigh*


He's not being serious, FYI.


Regardless if he's being serious or not, the level of ignorance about BW among a lot of SC2 fans is pretty disheartening to begin with anyway.

On April 26 2012 10:05 BandonBanshee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:55 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 09:49 Capook wrote:
I have never heard of this Fantasy or Reality. I seem to remember K-dong (thanks for confirming the existence of this player) and maybe also some cute-looking protoss TangBee who didn't have wrist problems at the time.

Anyway K-dong seemed pretty good. Is he playing sc2 too?


To think that BW pros are switching into this fanbase....*sigh*

Ya he stands for every sc2 fan.... How do you even manage to watch Brood War with your nose so up in the air?


I don't know. Maybe SC2 fans lift up the computers for me?

I don't deny I'm a BW elitist, but there's a reason why people get pissed off at SC2 fans for their posts. It's because their posts are made in plain ignorance. They make up a bunch of arguments that are just false and don't make any sense. There are plenty of fans who make decent posts and are respectable people, but they're overshadowed by people who make no sense.

It's not surprising why I don't think that SC2 deserves players of a caliber like Flash. I
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
April 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#193
On April 26 2012 09:59 mewbert wrote:
I was a big BW fan but to be honest im glad that this is happening, its going to be great to see Flash play SC2, bw is dead and this is the next natural step of progression, embrace it.


Yet 99% of your posts are in the SC2 forum, you joined in 2011, and you have no team insignia...Did you follow the scene in 2004 or something?


Anyways, on topic. It's glad to hear he likes it, even if I don't like him trasitioning over. The players and teams aren't to blame, and I wish them only the best.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
HeaDStrong
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Scotland785 Posts
April 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#194
On April 26 2012 09:59 mewbert wrote:
I was a big BW fan but to be honest im glad that this is happening, its going to be great to see Flash play SC2, bw is dead and this is the next natural step of progression, embrace it.


no you are not a big bw fan because BW is not dead. it is not like the switch is due to bw being dead but bw is dying due to the switch. and just because sc2 has '2' in the name does not mean progress it's just a switch sadly in a bad direction
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 01:17:40
April 26 2012 01:15 GMT
#195
On April 26 2012 08:45 supernovamaniac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 08:40 rasers wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:38 supernovamaniac wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:31 LEGAsee wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:11 Diavlo wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:46 SabreUK wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:42 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:38 gleepy wrote:
I think the bw pros are going to rage and quit after they stop winning. They will always be 2 years behind and will never catch up to the skill level of current players. Look for more of them joining FruitDealer and YellOw as LoL coaches


I agree. People who never played BW at a high level like Nestea, DRG, MMA, and MVP should just leave.


man your response got me laughing. hahahaha.

I don't think theyre 2years behind as it is, I hardly think that getting to grips with sc2 will take more than a few months for the very best...

The new expansion should reduce the gap between players who played from the beginning and those who just started now.


The real question is: can the BW pros who thrive on amazing mechanics and execution adapt to a game were decision making is the most important thing by far.
I mean when you look at the present SC2 scene a lot of players who do well have significantly worse mechanics than the newer player and still beat them easily. Except maybe for terran players.




I hope you aren't implying that decision making is more important in SC2 than it is in BW. Seems to be a common and incorrect theme among some.


I don't know why it's a common incorrect theme. Comparing SC2 to BW, SC2's mechanics are easier and thus players don't have to focus very often on micromanagement. This allows almost anyone to have amazing mechanics, and players will start focusing on other parts of the game, such as decision making skills.

And the decision makign is still fucking important in BW. just because in SC2 a retarded ape can have good mechanics doesnt mean the decisions are like 5000 times more important then in BW now.

I've never said that decision making skills aren't important in BW, if that's what you're trying to imply with that reply. I simply said that players in SC2 have to focus a lot more on decision making skills BECAUSE it is not that hard for people to achieve good mechanics in SC2. In BW, mechanics meant a lot and even if you make the right decisions, you can't win a game if you don't know how to micro units properly.


Which is why I was fishing for clarification as to whether he meant that mechanics as a percentage of overall ability is simply lower in SC2 or if he is saying that SC2 requires more thinking and decision making than Broodwar.



On April 26 2012 10:08 HeaDStrong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 09:59 mewbert wrote:
I was a big BW fan but to be honest im glad that this is happening, its going to be great to see Flash play SC2, bw is dead and this is the next natural step of progression, embrace it.


no you are not a big bw fan because BW is not dead. it is not like the switch is due to bw being dead but bw is dying due to the switch. and just because sc2 has '2' in the name does not mean progress it's just a switch sadly in a bad direction



Right? lol I love when people proclaim to have been a big fan as if it makes their claim that we should embrace SC2 more legitimate..especially when they show their ignorance and make it blatantly obvious they are lying in the same post.
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
April 26 2012 01:19 GMT
#196
flash rox.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
April 26 2012 01:19 GMT
#197
Can we have all this stuff in just one thread? It's cluttering up the BW forum.
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
April 26 2012 01:19 GMT
#198
On April 26 2012 10:15 LEGAsee wrote:
Right? lol I love when people proclaim to have been a big fan as if it makes their claim that we should embrace SC2 more legitimate..especially when they show their ignorance and make it blatantly obvious they are lying in the same post.


There's a silent majority of BW fans who like SC2, the other thread had a poll to prove it. It's just a few vocal people who shout down SC2 in every thread.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
April 26 2012 01:20 GMT
#199
It feels so crummy watching the transition. It will be so cathartic when once the shit is done hitting the fan and we can see what we have left on our hands.

This is the sort of news that makes me less excited about the OSL even. Of course I'll still go to say goodbye to the Kespa era in person, but it's fucked up that players in the big league are practicing a different sport altogether.

I feel for all the big Flash fans. Keep your chins up boys.
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
April 26 2012 01:21 GMT
#200
I feel like terran is already the most discovered race, I feel like if Flash played Zerg or Protoss he could revolutionize the game.
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 211
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1538
Mind 1327
ggaemo 915
Bisu 632
Larva 508
Stork 397
Leta 349
PianO 212
Hyuk 106
Sexy 66
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 56
Soma 41
Killer 34
Bale 23
yabsab 19
Mini 17
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe320
XaKoH 138
League of Legends
JimRising 343
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1260
Other Games
gofns22791
crisheroes151
Mew2King141
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick483
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5962
• lizZardDota2308
League of Legends
• Jankos1180
• Stunt1087
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
21m
Online Event
1h 21m
FEL
6h 21m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.