• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:08
CEST 06:08
KST 13:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7550 users

Possibility of complete translation to SC2 next yr - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
April 16 2012 06:46 GMT
#41
If they were planning to switch they could've done it fully so I don't have to sit through horrid SC2 matches to watch BW and instead just drop it completely :/
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 16 2012 06:49 GMT
#42
there's basically going to be a year of horrible bw and sc2 games before they make the transition to sc2 fully
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AdNoctum
Profile Joined March 2011
7 Posts
April 16 2012 06:51 GMT
#43
On April 16 2012 15:38 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:30 AdNoctum wrote:
On April 16 2012 15:28 newvsoldschool wrote:
Does Blizzard plan to increase the skill ceiling for SC2 now that Flash / Jaedong / Bisu (or most A-team progamers) will make the game such a yawn fest?

Surely, regardless of the game, the skill of the players will always show interesting matches... I mean there are build order wins in sc2, and awesome ways to come back. I think you're being a bit too cynical.

I dunno. I could never get into sc2 streaming or playing. It's not the lack of flashy lights or noises. I just don't think about it all the time like I did w/ BW. That and there's a lack of flashy distinct plays imo. I can't explain it.

I haven't watched a SC2 game in months.

Personally I think the game needs to develop more, and BW players will help this immensely. You have to realise that SC1 pre-BW didn't have nearly the potential of BW. Sc2 is still very young, especially when compared to other games like Street Fighter. The plays will come with time, and I will be happy if most of BW switches over, because that should make it all the more interesting.
EnderCraft
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1746 Posts
April 16 2012 06:51 GMT
#44
On April 16 2012 15:45 lbmaian wrote:
This is really stupid. BW and SC2, despite being similar RTS games, still have large differences in gameplay. They are two different skill sets to master and memorize, and now these pros can't just specialize in one of them

Are we going to see BW pros suiciding mutas into marines in SC2 while accidentally mass-storming in BW?

I don't know. Maybe the games are similar enough. Maybe it would be like switching between LoL and HoN. Can any players here that play two MOBA games at the same time talk about what it's like?

You can make that argument. But all the signs leading up to this pointed to a switch over. We all knew blizzard was in talks with OGN/Kespa to facilitate the switch. At the end of the day AFIK, Blizzard could have pulled the plug on BW at anytime. They very well may have done that.
SC:BW has a higher skill ceiling than SC2? SC 64 is where it's at brah.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
April 16 2012 06:51 GMT
#45
I don't understand how it's acceptable for people to hate on SC2 without any justification (and likely without ever actually giving it a real chance) and yet the reverse is treason. Can someone explain this to me, or is it purely legacy? I'm not disagreeing, it's just odd.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
April 16 2012 06:52 GMT
#46
Well this sucks..

-.-

I mean.. I like SC2 but BW for the past 5 years was the biggest thing in my life.. im so fucking sad to see it go just like that..

so. fucking. sad..

there is never going to be game of this magnitude of awesomeness again

NEVER
T H C makes ppl happy
lbmaian
Profile Joined December 2010
United States689 Posts
April 16 2012 06:53 GMT
#47
On April 16 2012 15:51 EnderCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:45 lbmaian wrote:
This is really stupid. BW and SC2, despite being similar RTS games, still have large differences in gameplay. They are two different skill sets to master and memorize, and now these pros can't just specialize in one of them

Are we going to see BW pros suiciding mutas into marines in SC2 while accidentally mass-storming in BW?

I don't know. Maybe the games are similar enough. Maybe it would be like switching between LoL and HoN. Can any players here that play two MOBA games at the same time talk about what it's like?

You can make that argument. But all the signs leading up to this pointed to a switch over. We all knew blizzard was in talks with OGN/Kespa to facilitate the switch. At the end of the day AFIK, Blizzard could have pulled the plug on BW at anytime. They very well may have done that.


I'm not talking about the switch itself - I'm not going to get into that argument (I like both games and I don't want to take sides).

It's the stupid way they're doing it: "For the time being games will rotate every set but ace match is always BW."
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
April 16 2012 06:53 GMT
#48
Honestly, I haven't met anyone interested in SC2 in Korea I really do not comprehend this move. I mean the whole hobby is niche as it gets (watching progamers) but there is like zero interest in SC2 in most PCbangs or Korean gaming communities so who is the supposed audience of this switch?

Either I'm missing something here or this is some serious desperation move.
Tru_m4n
Profile Joined September 2009
162 Posts
April 16 2012 06:55 GMT
#49
I actually understand if they do this for economical reasons or whatever, but I most likely won't be watching anymore when they switch over to SC2. It's not that I dislike SC2, I enjoy watching White-ra, Dragon, Boxer and some other guys, but it's nowhere near as interesting as BW to me. Not that they care.
"Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
April 16 2012 06:55 GMT
#50
On April 16 2012 15:53 wassbix wrote:
Honestly, I haven't met anyone interested in SC2 in Korea I really do not comprehend this move. I mean the whole hobby is niche as it gets (watching progamers) but there is like zero interest in SC2 in most PCbangs or Korean gaming communities so who is the supposed audience of this switch?

Either I'm missing something here or this is some serious desperation move.

Sponsor money and foreigners, till it dries out and SC3 will come out.
Stork[gm]
bpat
Profile Joined September 2011
United States157 Posts
April 16 2012 06:56 GMT
#51
As someone who has never watched pro BW, it still saddens me that BW teams and leagues are transitioning to SC2. It'd be awesome if they could just be two separate games without SC2 necessarily being the natural successor to BW.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
April 16 2012 06:56 GMT
#52
50% BW + 50% SC2 = 100% bad games.
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
April 16 2012 06:57 GMT
#53
On April 16 2012 15:51 Ruscour wrote:
I don't understand how it's acceptable for people to hate on SC2 without any justification (and likely without ever actually giving it a real chance) and yet the reverse is treason. Can someone explain this to me, or is it purely legacy? I'm not disagreeing, it's just odd.

Do you really think that the raging fanbois that BW has produced didn't give SC2 a chance? Like that wasn't the most anticipated game of all time for us. Derp.
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
April 16 2012 06:58 GMT
#54
On April 16 2012 15:51 EnderCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 15:45 lbmaian wrote:
This is really stupid. BW and SC2, despite being similar RTS games, still have large differences in gameplay. They are two different skill sets to master and memorize, and now these pros can't just specialize in one of them

Are we going to see BW pros suiciding mutas into marines in SC2 while accidentally mass-storming in BW?

I don't know. Maybe the games are similar enough. Maybe it would be like switching between LoL and HoN. Can any players here that play two MOBA games at the same time talk about what it's like?

You can make that argument. But all the signs leading up to this pointed to a switch over. We all knew blizzard was in talks with OGN/Kespa to facilitate the switch. At the end of the day AFIK, Blizzard could have pulled the plug on BW at anytime. They very well may have done that.

Wrong, which is why there was a legal battle between OGN, MBC, Kespa, and Blizzard.
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 06:59:02
April 16 2012 06:58 GMT
#55
On April 16 2012 15:51 Ruscour wrote:
I don't understand how it's acceptable for people to hate on SC2 without any justification (and likely without ever actually giving it a real chance) and yet the reverse is treason. Can someone explain this to me, or is it purely legacy? I'm not disagreeing, it's just odd.


Saying diehard BW fans did not give SC2 chance is pretty lol. BW fans were hyped about the game before the first trailer even launched, most gave the game and chance and decided it wasn't for them. Personally, I played the hell out the beta and found it completely lacking the charm and excitment of BW, and therefore drop it completely.
juzlol
Profile Joined January 2011
United States125 Posts
April 16 2012 06:59 GMT
#56
lol, just lol... so awful.
TemujinGK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States483 Posts
April 16 2012 06:59 GMT
#57
On April 16 2012 15:25 Crissaegrim wrote:
Saddest day of my life. Cant believe SC2 is "succeeding" the great BW. Sc2 imo is not a worthy successor, not in the least.



Child, you make my bone ache from this.

Broodwar will never die as long as we are there to remember it. Starcraft 2 indeed has failed us, but better to see Jaedong playing with Broodlords than with some moba character.
"Pikachu and Protoss are both yellow, Coincidence?" ~apexMorroW
TheRealFluid
Profile Joined June 2011
United States501 Posts
April 16 2012 07:00 GMT
#58
It's 2012 for a reason folks.
"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king.||"What do you say to god of gg? NOT TODAY" -John the Translator. "Give me Command" -Yellow.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
April 16 2012 07:02 GMT
#59
Finaly Bisu will show whats up with Collosus micro, sc2 kids won't even know what hit em.
Stork[gm]
HonorZ
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France858 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 07:03:14
April 16 2012 07:02 GMT
#60
I think SC2 is a worthy successor for BW. I love BW, but I think if we give more time to SC2 it will become very pleasing as well.

Still,

On April 16 2012 15:56 red4ce wrote:
50% BW + 50% SC2 = 100% bad games.


I totally agree with this :/.
"If you don't drop sweat today you'll drop tears tomorrow"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
ProTech119
Nina 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2179
Shuttle 1177
Snow 74
Dewaltoss 59
Noble 49
Bale 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1092
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor633
Other Games
summit1g8904
JimRising 658
C9.Mang0308
PiGStarcraft279
Mew2King245
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta17
• practicex 10
• Response 9
• Letter145
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota215
League of Legends
• Lourlo1207
• Rush439
• Stunt264
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 52m
OSC
17h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.