• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:09
CEST 20:09
KST 03:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9203 users

Team Hate/Which Team/Fans Most Annoying? - Page 13

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 25 2012 14:51 GMT
#241
I dunno, I'm pretty sure that most die-hards will support their team and bash the other teams (ACE not withstanding obviously, everyone loves ACE).
kiss kiss fall in love
Winechu
Profile Joined May 2011
Singapore1186 Posts
March 25 2012 15:27 GMT
#242
I'm a relatively new fan, so this is my perspective and maybe the other fans can start to understand why I post the way I do as a KT fan (a.k.a delusional & defensive lolol):

I started watching pro BW late, only around '09. I was completely new to the scene, and I happened to chance upon a Klazart commentary of one of Flash's game. Although I had 0 clue what was going on while watching, Klazart made him out to be a really cool player. So I continued to watch his games, and a bit of googling led me to TL. I began to read widely about BW strategy and only then did I start to realise how good this Flash kid was at the game, even though we're of the same age. I started watching BW proleague regularly to follow his fortunes, and it naturally made me a KT fan. However, I only truly started to fall in love with KT last season. Like I mentioned in another thread, it was a great story. The team triumphed through adversity after adversity, and were so close to losing in the Grand Finals. But they made it. That really inspired me, and that's why I love KT.

I know about KT's dubious history and I can empathise with people who hate KT because of that. However, I believe this current incarnation of KT to be different. It has personality. It has fighting spirit. You can tell from the KT Zergs doing jack shit in the regular season, then suddenly becoming Jaedongs in the playoffs. You can tell from Stats / Flash's expressions when they lose, and how they promptly get back up for the next game. The emotional contagion I get from KT can't be replicated. I feel their daebak wins, and their epic failures. They are so so human and I really like that. And that's why I'm a KT fan. While I empathise with the haters, it doesn't mean I don't get pissed off, because I see KT as a victim of the previous era and the previous management. The KT of old may have been heartless and abused their financial ability, but I believe KT's current success is not because they bought it. They fought hard for it and had to go through a lot to do it. Fighting hard from last place to first. Doing it all for Violet. Struggling through the playoffs and doing it the hard way. It really demeans their effort and spirit by dismissing it as merely being bought. I resent that. Call me defensive, but I will always be behind KT when somebody flames KT senselessly, because I think I know KT better and I love KT. Call me delusional, because I don't see KT the same way as you do and we've got a different umwelt.

As for my obnoxious posts...well that's part and parcel of being a fan isn't it? Gloating is fun. Petty arguments are fun. Pointing out how your fanatical support for the team is vindicated is fun. Trash talking is fun. Arrogance is guilty fun. The line I try to draw is between fun and plain offensive. I support responsible fun so I'd apologise promptly when I know I cross the line.

As for the most obnoxious group of fans...SKT fans. No other reason other than the fact that I'm a KT fan and they always try to antagonise us KT fans. As for my favourite group of fans, probably the STX fans. It takes a lot of character to support a team like that. They're generally amiable and have a self-depreciating sense of humour as well.
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
March 25 2012 15:37 GMT
#243
On March 26 2012 00:27 Winechu wrote:
As for my favourite group of fans, probably the STX fans. It takes a lot of character to support a team like that. They're generally amiable and have a self-depreciating sense of humour as well.

Yes, all 8 of them on TL lol
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
March 25 2012 15:53 GMT
#244
Winechu
You can tell from the KT Zergs doing jack shit in the regular season, then suddenly becoming Jaedongs in the playoffs


Jaedong's yeah I agree them following in the footsteps of jaedong . It's so hard to believe how far they have step up to reach this kind of level . If you ask me about fielding Action vs terran (I would be like are you for real sir ? ) , Hoejja v Zerg (Oh no auto lose send Mind please ) , Crazy-Hydra ? (50-50 the best I will give you ) . Now I see so many possibility I can do with KT zergs in a bw match, it's totally unexpected for them to be doing this well..
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
March 25 2012 15:55 GMT
#245
On March 26 2012 00:27 Winechu wrote:
As for my favourite group of fans, probably the STX fans. It takes a lot of character to support a team like that. They're generally amiable and have a self-depreciating sense of humour as well.

Anyone can be a frontrunner. It's no coincidence that KT and SKT have the most fans.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 16:08:26
March 25 2012 16:07 GMT
#246
On March 25 2012 15:53 Letmelose wrote:
I like teams that have history and depth. Teams with interesting stories. Teams that create great players, not steal them from less financially stable teams.

Whenever I see the CJ team, I'm reminded of the glorius GO team that had the likes of Go_Rush, Nal_Ra, Midas, ForU, and of course, Xellos. Xellos was a GO man through and through, and stuck with his team and even shared is tournament winnings. The team just oozed class. Plus, coach Cho was awesome. Throughout the years we've seen the rise of so many generations of superb players from the team.

Team 8 reminds me of the now gone POS team and PLUS teams. How July came out of nowhere into superstardom. How he played his designted 1v1 games, 2v2 games as both zerg and terran, ACE matches, and to top things of even 1v1 games as a random player, to support his team while coach Ha constructed the team from rock bottom to discover stars such as Sea. How MBCGame eventually conquered all with their three musketeers. Or the parallel story from the PLUS team with Anytime, and their rise to the top only two years after being the worst team out there by far.

Then there are teams that steal. Like when KT snatched Flash when WeMade Fox was under financial stress. Especially so with SK Telecom T1 with the likes of Midas, and Bisu. Their success and victories are less meaningful because their stories can be summarized with "So we bought these guys, and some faltered because their drive was no longer there because of the high salaries, but it's okay because we also got some other guys and it worked out great for us."

SK Telecom T1 and KT are boring because they are the epitome of the financially stable teams. There are no odds stacked against them. There are no miracles. There are no superstars that come out of nowhere, only mercinaries. They are expected to do well, and often do well, and when they don't, it's okay because they can buy more players. Teams like MBCGame reached the top against all odds, but when they couln't keep their best future prospect in Bisu because of financial hardships, the miracle couldn't be sustained and now they're disbanded.

There's no uncertainty for the bigger teams, and while that may make things easier to support them, just know you're supporting the most boring teams also. A bigger trophy cabinet and fan base doesn't always mean a richer history.

This is what I feel too. It is becoming more and more frustrating to watch PL. I was a big fan of KTF Magicians, but at the time I didn't know the scene very well.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
March 25 2012 19:02 GMT
#247
On March 25 2012 23:51 IntoTheheart wrote:
I dunno, I'm pretty sure that most die-hards will support their team and bash the other teams (ACE not withstanding obviously, everyone loves ACE).

Why would anyone do that? You're making your fanbase look immature and you're not attracting any new fans anyway.
En Taro Violet
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 25 2012 19:44 GMT
#248
Um Flash has more variety in his play than any other terran aside from Fantasy. He also has more variety in his play then every zerg and every protoss except maybe for Bisu (and actually I'm pretty sure that he has more variety in his play than Bisu). He is extremely unpredictable and him and Fantasy are always on the forefront of every new terran build.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
March 25 2012 19:46 GMT
#249
i mean this is really silly, i think we're all just happy that there's still BW going on at this stage. i think the only thing that's even slightly annoying is the bisu fanboys, but the osl is restarting soon so if they were making noise, they won't be shortly
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
AppleTart
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1261 Posts
March 25 2012 19:49 GMT
#250
SKT is the most hated team and has the most hated fans and is only 4th most liked. Go figure, TL speaks.
always tired -_-
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
March 25 2012 19:50 GMT
#251
On March 26 2012 04:49 AppleTart wrote:
SKT is the most hated team and has the most hated fans and is only 4th most liked. Go figure, TL speaks.

Many Khan fans are also huge SKT fans.
KT has the same situation except with STX.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
March 25 2012 20:06 GMT
#252
team 8 fan, but i fanboy hard for bisu... so i root for skt a lot too


but i also anti-fan flash hard, so i tend to not be a fan of kt (even though i like hoejja and action)


so yea...... 0
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
March 25 2012 20:08 GMT
#253
Hoejja is the only player still left on KT that I don't hate.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Kaal
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Djibouti2570 Posts
March 25 2012 20:16 GMT
#254
I hate STX fans.

Especially Csheep.

That guy's a dick.
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
March 25 2012 20:47 GMT
#255
MBC fan, so T8 now, its sucked losing so many of our best players over the years... july, bisu, light. But if anything it makes you love what you have, sea is like the best person in the world, and I love the mighty hoon, tyson and those that weren't able to make the transition like Hyun, Shark, Saint and all the rest. And the positives of merging into T8 is that FOX were my 2nd favourite team and I always liked OZ, I couldn't have asked for better teams to merge with. Yea this season has not been the best, but I have hope
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
March 25 2012 20:53 GMT
#256
On March 26 2012 05:08 Lightwip wrote:
Hoejja is the only player still left on KT that I don't hate.


Nope, Hoejja's beaten Bisu too.
Remember Violet.
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
March 25 2012 21:01 GMT
#257
Six people hate ACE? How does something like that happen?
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
March 25 2012 21:02 GMT
#258
On March 26 2012 05:53 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 05:08 Lightwip wrote:
Hoejja is the only player still left on KT that I don't hate.


Nope, Hoejja's beaten Bisu too.

Yep, compulsory hostility.
As surprising as it may seem, I don't hate/like players based on whether or not they have ever beaten Bisu. But you are not above being a hostile troll.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
March 25 2012 22:03 GMT
#259
On March 26 2012 06:02 Lightwip wrote:
But you are not above being a hostile troll.

I know I'll soon regret having said anything, but...

That's rich.
May the BeSt man win.
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
March 25 2012 22:48 GMT
#260
On March 26 2012 06:02 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 05:53 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On March 26 2012 05:08 Lightwip wrote:
Hoejja is the only player still left on KT that I don't hate.


Nope, Hoejja's beaten Bisu too.

Yep, compulsory hostility.
As surprising as it may seem, I don't hate/like players based on whether or not they have ever beaten Bisu. But you are not above being a hostile troll.

With your LR history you really don't have any right to submit this post, lol.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 922
IndyStarCraft 271
ProTech135
Rex 115
UpATreeSC 69
BRAT_OK 43
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31526
Shuttle 794
Mini 412
Hyuk 153
Rush 150
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 91
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 29
Sacsri 22
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Rock 16
Shine 13
White-Ra 3
Dota 2
Gorgc8193
qojqva1744
Counter-Strike
fl0m1569
Fnx 867
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1458
crisheroes1325
Liquid`Hasu241
Other Games
summit1g2076
FrodaN1643
Beastyqt564
XBOCT260
Mlord245
DeMusliM209
ArmadaUGS171
KnowMe143
C9.Mang0135
XaKoH 107
QueenE94
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1056
ComeBackTV 910
TaKeTV 682
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH315
• EnkiAlexander 83
• StrangeGG 47
• Hinosc 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• 80smullet 9
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie728
• Shiphtur338
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 52m
Online Event
16h 52m
FEL
21h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.