• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13098 users

Icons of Vanity and Metagaming join forces - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
lbmaian
Profile Joined December 2010
United States689 Posts
January 26 2012 08:33 GMT
#61
I'm sorry, I can't get over the name. I can't believe you guys stuck with "vanity", even after all the feedback in your team announcement thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=269293

And responding to "trolls" with this shit? Maybe a random player would say this, but aren't you the "head coach"? You're not representing your team professionally at all.
.SundeR.
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia3 Posts
January 26 2012 08:55 GMT
#62
Don't you actually have to do something other than make threads on forums in order to be a 'CEO'?
NekoFlandre
Profile Joined March 2011
United States497 Posts
January 26 2012 08:56 GMT
#63
kinda....sorry. But. Knowing 0 of you, having never seen your game play in ANY tournaments..

I mean, cmon...at least drop in a Playhem daily or something?

Ugh, Good luck but.....yea....
Kitty Flandre....even more scary..
Blackfoger
Profile Joined April 2011
81 Posts
January 26 2012 08:59 GMT
#64
On January 26 2012 17:19 IOvEggY wrote:
To the trolls on the thread, mainly my ex-good friend(consuma13) who finds it his job to try to smudge someones name, i guess?

I have 7 North America account
4 Europe Account
and 3 Korean accounts

I have a lot of disposable income, and i happen to pass up on some free one that my friends stop playing on.
If i dont like a record on a account I just get a new one, I dont bother.
Why, because I can.


Ok let me talk to you on the level real quick. No one but "Consuma13" is trolling you and I am not sure he's even doing that.

At face value, you are an unknown team with pretty unknown players none in GM. It would of been better if you said an aspiring SC2 professional team trying to become the best and prove ourselves. The way you came off as if you are entitled to be a Professional Organization.

Another qualm I have is you listed we "beat EGidra and VVVsomebody" but didn't say where or what. When most people name drop they do so and post a link of a replay of a good game.

You came across very unprofessional in your sentence fluency and grammar in the OP and when responding to the trolls. Not to mention it's sort of BM to flaunt your cash that you drop because you are "loaded" on all these accounts and when you get a bad record get a new account....?

I know IoV you guys have been sponsoring ESEA teams for some time now and have never got a team to ESEA LAN from what I can remember. You need to prioritize your investments first as SC2 is a VERY large one. If you are going to have a SC2 team at least have some videos of your players or market them heavily such as desrow does with all his showmatches.
tQSky
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada63 Posts
January 26 2012 15:22 GMT
#65
Worse players ever./
Beast
RoarMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada745 Posts
January 26 2012 15:23 GMT
#66
On January 26 2012 17:59 Blackfoger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 17:19 IOvEggY wrote:
To the trolls on the thread, mainly my ex-good friend(consuma13) who finds it his job to try to smudge someones name, i guess?

I have 7 North America account
4 Europe Account
and 3 Korean accounts

I have a lot of disposable income, and i happen to pass up on some free one that my friends stop playing on.
If i dont like a record on a account I just get a new one, I dont bother.
Why, because I can.


Ok let me talk to you on the level real quick. No one but "Consuma13" is trolling you and I am not sure he's even doing that.

At face value, you are an unknown team with pretty unknown players none in GM. It would of been better if you said an aspiring SC2 professional team trying to become the best and prove ourselves. The way you came off as if you are entitled to be a Professional Organization.

Another qualm I have is you listed we "beat EGidra and VVVsomebody" but didn't say where or what. When most people name drop they do so and post a link of a replay of a good game.

You came across very unprofessional in your sentence fluency and grammar in the OP and when responding to the trolls. Not to mention it's sort of BM to flaunt your cash that you drop because you are "loaded" on all these accounts and when you get a bad record get a new account....?

I know IoV you guys have been sponsoring ESEA teams for some time now and have never got a team to ESEA LAN from what I can remember. You need to prioritize your investments first as SC2 is a VERY large one. If you are going to have a SC2 team at least have some videos of your players or market them heavily such as desrow does with all his showmatches.

Kamikiri is GM and I beleive dReam also is.

Every investment has a risk, I only hope the best for this new team.
All the pros got dat Ichie.
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
January 26 2012 15:28 GMT
#67
I don't really see the point of announcements like this (has happened more lately) when none of the players have produced any kind of result yet. Noone knows these guys so until they actually start performing it's pretty useless.
axellerate
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 15:41:44
January 26 2012 15:40 GMT
#68
On January 26 2012 16:59 consuma13 wrote:
Getting RL threats now even though I don't know this guy VIA pm:

"that i got somewhere and you didnt?
you so shit
fight me in person if you wanna talk words fag boy
ill beat up anytime"

lol?

Google.com > eggy sc2 > loads of junk on you. Don't get mad son.


Even more:

"cmon you hiding?
meet me at calumet tomorrow"

I guess this is in Toronto, Canada?


His hate comments were directed at me for calling him out on a lie months ago. He's threatened me before many, many times. I guess he thinks i'm you. I haven't said a word to him in months... Not sure what his deal is. If he did threaten you, he should be banned from TL indefinitely. You don't threaten people.
axellerate
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 15:41:34
January 26 2012 15:41 GMT
#69
Double post :O
m3rciless
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1476 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 15:46:03
January 26 2012 15:43 GMT
#70
After consuma13 told me to google sc2 eggy I did and the third hit was sc2replayed with some reps of his, average apm 58. Lol i'm starting to doubt these master KR accts.

edit: oh but wait those reps are probably from back when he was terrible before he made his 23 new accounts which are all masters. I see I see.
White-Ra fighting!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
January 26 2012 15:49 GMT
#71
" Icons of Vanity (IOv), "

Why a capital "o", rather than IoV? Just wondering.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys in the future
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Xcobidoo
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1871 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 15:55:16
January 26 2012 15:51 GMT
#72
I wish you all the best but A) haven't heard about any of you and B) when a top 8 finish at *Rutgers University Lan, whatever that is, is an achievement, I'm not expecting great things
Supreme Intergalactic Commander
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
January 26 2012 15:59 GMT
#73
On January 26 2012 15:27 IOvEggY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 15:24 Snuggles wrote:
Jeez maybe their just trying to fulfill their own egos by doing this... The real actual pros are so far damn ahead that .. god cmon its common sense that to be pro you already need to be getting top results in semi pro tourneys or something.

Furthermore you need to be able to compete against the pros at major tournaments. Otherwise you're just that GrandMaster no name player that gets knocked out in the Open Bracket by some guy in oGs or slayers with no affiliation with an established team.


by your logic everyone should just quit
No one knows who we are, if you dont know who we are
Thats how marketing works
Now you know about us


Sorry but I can't bring myself to blindly support you guys. Maybe when you guys get good results I'll cheer you on, but negativity is part of life so I'm being negative for a good reason.
Roynalf
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland886 Posts
January 26 2012 16:01 GMT
#74
what in what now?
(V) (;,,;) (V) Woopwoopwoopwoop
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
January 26 2012 16:02 GMT
#75
EG Huk to vVv ruff...LOL... What does that even mean?
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
January 26 2012 16:03 GMT
#76
I know Dream - pretty good toss player (GM)

#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
Fade1
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Sweden143 Posts
January 26 2012 16:04 GMT
#77
Who joins what?
Detwiler
Profile Joined June 2011
United States239 Posts
January 26 2012 16:09 GMT
#78
people seem to be missing this part of the post "our players can beat anyone out there right now, we just need to train them to beat them consistently."

That says it all. Their head is in the right place. Good for them.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 16:16:58
January 26 2012 16:16 GMT
#79

*Rutgers University Lan
Shade and Insomniac Top 8


Damn, how'd these pros slip under the radar?
~Maverick~
Profile Joined July 2010
United States234 Posts
January 26 2012 16:22 GMT
#80
I've played vs Shade, and I guess hes pretty decent, but I haven't heard of anyone else on the team. Also, Vanity only has a negative connotation, so idk why you would name yourselves that..
#roadto5kmmr
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings56
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta13
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9414
Artosis 651
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
Doublelift6008
JimRising 382
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4084
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1888
Livibee411
C9.Mang0388
Maynarde159
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1512
• Scarra1312
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 25m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.