• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13224 users

Icons of Vanity and Metagaming join forces - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
January 26 2012 06:40 GMT
#21
On January 26 2012 15:32 DYEAlabaster wrote:
Hey guys, I feel that you should be kinder to teams like this. Why? Cause it helps eSports grow.

Think about it this way. This is a team that has some sort of funding or some way to support themselves and is trying to grow. We should support every single person that is trying to make a breakthrough to the professional scene, and not shoot them down with "I haven't heard of you" or "you're not good enough". Cause they are obviously trying to get their name out there and form an atmosphere where they can practise and work on Starcraft enough so that they can really approach that highest level of play.

Think of it yourselves. If you were on a team that had a sliver of a chance to go pro, wouldn't you be ecstatic? I sure would, and I'm super proud/happy for this team to be taking a brave step foreword. They are trying to breakthrough, and I wish that they do. Why? Cause if they do, that's one more team to cheer for, one more group of players to know, and it expands the world of eSports just a little bit more.

Keep it up Icons of Vanity/MetaGaming. I really do wish the best for you guys, and that more teams like you tries to get a breakthrough!

No one has really been super negative in this thread so far and blind support isn't really sustainable if you're talking about "growing ESPORTS". Just let people react how they want, without being really negative, which no one has really done so far and stuff should go well. If the players/teams are good enough to be noticed, they will be, if not, they won't be, simple as that.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, I hope these guys try hard.
DYEAlabaster
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1009 Posts
January 26 2012 06:48 GMT
#22
On January 26 2012 15:40 Suc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 15:32 DYEAlabaster wrote:
Hey guys, I feel that you should be kinder to teams like this. Why? Cause it helps eSports grow.

Think about it this way. This is a team that has some sort of funding or some way to support themselves and is trying to grow. We should support every single person that is trying to make a breakthrough to the professional scene, and not shoot them down with "I haven't heard of you" or "you're not good enough". Cause they are obviously trying to get their name out there and form an atmosphere where they can practise and work on Starcraft enough so that they can really approach that highest level of play.

Think of it yourselves. If you were on a team that had a sliver of a chance to go pro, wouldn't you be ecstatic? I sure would, and I'm super proud/happy for this team to be taking a brave step foreword. They are trying to breakthrough, and I wish that they do. Why? Cause if they do, that's one more team to cheer for, one more group of players to know, and it expands the world of eSports just a little bit more.

Keep it up Icons of Vanity/MetaGaming. I really do wish the best for you guys, and that more teams like you tries to get a breakthrough!

No one has really been super negative in this thread so far and blind support isn't really sustainable if you're talking about "growing ESPORTS". Just let people react how they want, without being really negative, which no one has really done so far and stuff should go well. If the players/teams are good enough to be noticed, they will be, if not, they won't be, simple as that.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, I hope these guys try hard.


I hope that in turn I have not been insulting to anyone. I guess I read too far into what people were saying, but I feel that supporting a team that's trying isn't 'blind', as I am actively wishing that more teams get the force to go pro and expand this realm. Maybe I got too much negativity over people saying stuff like "I haven't heard of you" or "you shouldn't try this cause you're not good enough".

But at the end of the day, we both just want these guys to try hard and hey, why shouldn't we cheer for them to make it big? It'll be better for everyone.
consuma13
Profile Joined January 2012
Korea (South)6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 07:00:59
January 26 2012 06:55 GMT
#23
I played ioveggy on the korean ladder. He is in platinum league. Could we get links to accounts? People are right to question... There are more 'diserving players'. No offense.

EDIT: this was the account

http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/805924/2/IOvEggY/
EggYsc2
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
620 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 07:02:19
January 26 2012 07:00 GMT
#24
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.

Edit: Updated achivements that everyone has been asking for
consuma13
Profile Joined January 2012
Korea (South)6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 07:02:16
January 26 2012 07:01 GMT
#25
On January 26 2012 16:00 IOvEggY wrote:
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.


uh hu... gl??
m3rciless
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1476 Posts
January 26 2012 07:05 GMT
#26
On January 26 2012 16:00 IOvEggY wrote:
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.

Edit: Updated achivements that everyone has been asking for


Why would you make your crappy platinum account the one with your official name, including clan tag and everything. You only ladder seriously on smurfs?
White-Ra fighting!
EggYsc2
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
620 Posts
January 26 2012 07:06 GMT
#27
On January 26 2012 16:05 m3rciless wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 16:00 IOvEggY wrote:
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.

Edit: Updated achivements that everyone has been asking for


Why would you make your crappy platinum account the one with your official name, including clan tag and everything. You only ladder seriously on smurfs?


Yeah I made it when I wasn't good. So i bought another one cause I didnt feel like ranking it up?
I guess that makes sense.
Blackfoger
Profile Joined April 2011
81 Posts
January 26 2012 07:07 GMT
#28
They have beating players on ladder from EG.HuK to vVvRuff.
Might want to check for grammar but I am not one to talk.

No one is trolling here need to relax.

A few things you have a few players with their names listed, others you do not seems as if you don't know their names or don't want their names listed.

can you give us an introduction about your players? maybe some videos of their playstyle? recent tournaments, maybe a local LAN they have to at least do that..
consuma13
Profile Joined January 2012
Korea (South)6 Posts
January 26 2012 07:08 GMT
#29
On January 26 2012 16:06 IOvEggY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 16:05 m3rciless wrote:
On January 26 2012 16:00 IOvEggY wrote:
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.

Edit: Updated achivements that everyone has been asking for


Why would you make your crappy platinum account the one with your official name, including clan tag and everything. You only ladder seriously on smurfs?


Yeah I made it when I wasn't good. So i bought another one cause I didnt feel like ranking it up?
I guess that makes sense.



No, it doesn't actually.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 07:12:09
January 26 2012 07:09 GMT
#30
On January 26 2012 16:00 IOvEggY wrote:
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.

Edit: Updated achivements that everyone has been asking for

I must not be seeing this right because the added achievements has only 1 active member with a 4th place craftcup finish (yourself).
Did they name change or something?

edit: oh nvm two of your players got top 8 at the rutgers lan...
@KawaiiRiceLighT
EggYsc2
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
620 Posts
January 26 2012 07:09 GMT
#31
On January 26 2012 16:07 Blackfoger wrote:
They have beating players on ladder from EG.HuK to vVvRuff.
Might want to check for grammar but I am not one to talk.

No one is trolling here need to relax.

A few things you have a few players with their names listed, others you do not seems as if you don't know their names or don't want their names listed.

can you give us an introduction about your players? maybe some videos of their playstyle? recent tournaments, maybe a local LAN they have to at least do that..


updated achievements on front page
Thanks
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
January 26 2012 07:10 GMT
#32
On January 26 2012 15:27 IOvEggY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 15:24 Snuggles wrote:
Jeez maybe their just trying to fulfill their own egos by doing this... The real actual pros are so far damn ahead that .. god cmon its common sense that to be pro you already need to be getting top results in semi pro tourneys or something.

Furthermore you need to be able to compete against the pros at major tournaments. Otherwise you're just that GrandMaster no name player that gets knocked out in the Open Bracket by some guy in oGs or slayers with no affiliation with an established team.


by your logic everyone should just quit
No one knows who we are, if you dont know who we are
Thats how marketing works
Now you know about us


Haha I like this guy.
EggYsc2
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
620 Posts
January 26 2012 07:11 GMT
#33
Like I said kawaii
some of them stopped playing, but they played under our name while completing those achievements.
We've been around since last July.
Sylfyre
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia222 Posts
January 26 2012 07:13 GMT
#34
On January 26 2012 16:07 Blackfoger wrote:
can you give us an introduction about your players? maybe some videos of their playstyle? recent tournaments, maybe a local LAN they have to at least do that..


^This. From the comments it looks like people sort of don't know your team, and right now you guys are basically on the front page of TL, so throwing stuff like links to your player's accounts (on stuff like sc2ranks, etc) maybe streams or whatever so people who are interested can look further into it?

Just a random suggestion, GL in the future.
royal.cze
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada287 Posts
January 26 2012 07:15 GMT
#35
I can say I have played several of these guys in NA / EU and I beat most of them but lost to cLsThunders 6 gate all in once or twice but hey... this means im possibly pro team material... fyi looking for a team =D


Good luck guys work hard and you guys might be like vile, almost upsetting Korean teams next
deathr0w
Profile Joined January 2011
United States114 Posts
January 26 2012 07:18 GMT
#36
The org IoV has been around for a bit. Invite C:SS team and stuff
What do you do if your opponent does something weird? Go fucking kill him - Day[9]
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 07:22:29
January 26 2012 07:21 GMT
#37
On January 26 2012 15:14 KawaiiRice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 15:12 IOvEggY wrote:
Coming over to Icons of Vanity from (MG) are some very well known players
Joshua "Kamikiri" Niepoetter
Zaid "ShaDe" Quadri
Jorjge "Thunder" Zambrano aka cLsThunder
Ali "dropin" Smadi
"BonkerZ"
"Insomniac"
"DirtyDeeds"
"dReam"


Umm no offense I've never heard of any of these players.. ><

Good luck? ;;


LOL? This is a "PROFESSIONAL GAMING TEAM" with players who are unknowns and add as their accomplishments wins over HuK and Ruff...

I wonder if they will make a splash

Wait.. is this a real team? Or one that someone made on SC2Manager :D
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
binski
Profile Joined December 2010
United States225 Posts
January 26 2012 07:21 GMT
#38
On January 26 2012 16:06 IOvEggY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 16:05 m3rciless wrote:
On January 26 2012 16:00 IOvEggY wrote:
Seems like we have trolls that exists to make an account to post.
lol. Thats true I have a platinum account, but I have 2 more others to go along with that.

Edit: Updated achivements that everyone has been asking for


Why would you make your crappy platinum account the one with your official name, including clan tag and everything. You only ladder seriously on smurfs?


Yeah I made it when I wasn't good. So i bought another one cause I didnt feel like ranking it up?
I guess that makes sense.


That doesn't make sense in the slightest
Soloturtle
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada333 Posts
January 26 2012 07:26 GMT
#39
I've run into a few of these players on ladder.
Hope they do well in the future and good luck to all of them!
Cool
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
January 26 2012 07:28 GMT
#40
manner, gl to ur team!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4250
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 47
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra661
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.