• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:15
CEST 23:15
KST 06:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8638 users

MLG suggestion: Ladies passes - Page 11

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
JiPrime
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada688 Posts
January 17 2012 17:45 GMT
#201
On January 18 2012 02:43 iNcontroL wrote:
instead of making the female pass less expensive I submit we scent it with a popular fragrance and use the word "fabulous" when advertising it.

Problem solved.


Nah, that will just attract blatant homosexuals who boasts of their sexual orientation every chance they get.
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
January 17 2012 17:45 GMT
#202
On January 18 2012 02:36 JiPrime wrote:
Bad bad bad idea.
All this will do, if it works, is attract Gamer Girls, not Girl Gamers.
The last thing I want is having obnoxious females involved who think they deserve special treatment just because of her gender.

Edit: To Clarify
Gamer Girls are people who thinks they deserve better treatment in video games just because they're girls.
Girl Gamers are gamers who just happens to be a girl and behaves like a typical gamer. You won't notice she's a girl until she tells you.


Thank you so much! I am glad that you understand the problem and part of the point here!
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 17 2012 17:46 GMT
#203
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.
Moderator
Finrod1
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany3997 Posts
January 17 2012 17:48 GMT
#204
On January 18 2012 02:46 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.


so you order women?
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 17:51:19
January 17 2012 17:49 GMT
#205
On January 18 2012 02:38 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:35 turdburgler wrote:
On January 18 2012 02:33 LittleAtari wrote:
be a good friend and pay for your gf or friend that is a girl to come if you really want them to be there with you.


im glad we are defining good guys as those with spare cash in their wallets

On January 18 2012 02:33 FallDownMarigold wrote:
You honestly think more girls would come if they got discounts? Aside from the fact that's kinda offensive (MLG ain't a club, guy), that's totally illogical. Do girls have a harder time paying like 20 bucks than guys? How do you know that the reason there aren't more girls is cause it's too pricey for them?? I think it's more likely that girls in general are simply less interested in SC2 than your average dood. No offense


its not illogical, if mlg was cheaper more people would come from both sexes, cheaper for girls will affect their turnout rate, if only slightly. its offensive to pretty much everyone, but its not illogical.

Really? So the assumption is that there are girls who want to come, but don't simply because it's too pricey. I call that un-parsimonious and not very rational


no, i said that there are people of all types and sexes and races who may be put off by price. im not gonna sit here in my house on my pc and pretend to know the finances on every person who loves to go to mlg. who are we to say that for some people 25 dollars isnt too much.
gold_
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada312 Posts
January 17 2012 17:49 GMT
#206
On January 18 2012 02:46 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.

I am sensing sarcasm, but my point is that there was a night every week that did this (Thursday). No night was designated for males to enter free at all.
I am from Canada, eh!
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
January 17 2012 17:50 GMT
#207
On January 18 2012 02:45 iref wrote:
I dont like idea about ladies discount or "i just came because friend made me" discount. But idea about selling some kind of 1+1 packages or packages for group of friends, that includes food vouchers or some other bonus is quite interesting.


I think your onto something here. Naturally if you can get discounts with a group that group will be more likely to come. Also because your with your friends, your going to have a good time.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 17 2012 17:50 GMT
#208
On January 18 2012 02:49 gold_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:46 Chill wrote:
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.

I am sensing sarcasm, but my point is that there was a night every week that did this (Thursday). No night was designated for males to enter free at all.

Oh I thought you were joking and I was keeping it going. You're serious? You actually went to a club, saw it was ladies' night and angrily walked away?
Moderator
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
January 17 2012 17:51 GMT
#209
On January 18 2012 02:49 gold_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:46 Chill wrote:
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.

I am sensing sarcasm, but my point is that there was a night every week that did this (Thursday). No night was designated for males to enter free at all.



Because it's a club......
:))
Fireflies
Profile Joined January 2010
United Kingdom211 Posts
January 17 2012 17:52 GMT
#210
On January 18 2012 02:14 Blurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 00:58 Jiddra wrote:
On January 18 2012 00:55 bluQ wrote:
On January 18 2012 00:53 Jiddra wrote:
On January 18 2012 00:41 bluQ wrote:
On January 18 2012 00:18 iamperfection wrote:
I kind of surprised with all the negativity against this. Price discrimination happens all the time and this would be great way to improve female attendance.

Same. I don't get all the herps and derps from those guys.
"I want to herped the same way as everyone else gets derped." wtf?
You guys really are THAT ignorant? No wonder no females want to particpate in such a horrible community.

On January 18 2012 00:39 Finrod1 wrote:
On January 18 2012 00:14 Grovbolle wrote:
That sounds like sexism


It is. Terrible idea that should not be promoted in esports. we dont need to copy societys sexism.

Rofl what? Do you really live in germany? Liebe Leserinnen und Leser. Liebe Lehrerinnen und Lehrer. Liebe Elterinnen und Eltern. Who would argue that this is sexism really has a problem with his on sexlife i guess.
That has NOTHING to do with sexism. Otherwise you could also argue that building things for handicapped is discrimination ....
If thats what u call ethics, im sure we will all burn in hell.


So what does different names have to do with actually treating people different beacuse of their sex, when it isn't necessary?
To even bring handicap is just silly, and I hope you know it and is just trolling.

Erm as it seems you toally don't get a bit of my references so why comment on it?
And no I am not trolling, having a handicapped mother, i appreciate every institution which supports them.
So why did I mention it? Because it is some mordern-retardness to claim discrimination because something/one gets treated different than you are. THERE IS a freakin right to do that if it has some based argument to do so.
Or am I discriminated as a smoker because i need to smoke outside? Hell no.


So explain in englis so we can understand then.

And this is not retardness, it is really not necessay. Smoking is another bad example, as it is a danger to others.


He argumented in "gendering" which is a practice of writing basically Doctor and "Doctoress" when referring to the job "Doctor". It's really retarded but apparently promotes equality.


Actually, it's fallen out of favour because it implies the opposite, that men and women doing the same job are not equal. I can't recall the last time I heard a female actor being called an actress.


On January 17 2012 23:48 Tenks wrote:
The precedent is set already at bars which have a ladies night to try and even the numbers.


Anyway, the reason they do that is to try and get men to want to spend more there getting the girls drunk.
One giant leap for mankind
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 17:53:25
January 17 2012 17:52 GMT
#211
On January 18 2012 02:50 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:49 gold_ wrote:
On January 18 2012 02:46 Chill wrote:
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.

I am sensing sarcasm, but my point is that there was a night every week that did this (Thursday). No night was designated for males to enter free at all.

Oh I thought you were joking and I was keeping it going. You're serious? You actually went to a club, saw it was ladies' night and angrily walked away?


i dont see whats wrong with this? everyone knows the reason that places run ladies nights and if you either arent interested in picking up a woman or already have one, i dont see what would be wrong in taking your business elsewhere. people turn away from places for their product choice, their ethics or a multitude of any other reason, if you believe that ladies night is sexist then thats up to you.
Diglett
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
600 Posts
January 17 2012 17:52 GMT
#212
mlg should do this for pokemon as well!
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
January 17 2012 17:53 GMT
#213
The whole point behind "ladies night" in a club is b/c every night of the week there's a ration of 10-1 male to female. And then on ladies night it's 5-5 male to female. Doesn't that just make sense? to have an even male-female ration in a club where males and females are looking to hook up with each other (or at least dance with each other)
BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 17:54:55
January 17 2012 17:54 GMT
#214
On January 18 2012 02:53 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
The whole point behind "ladies night" in a club is b/c every night of the week there's a ration of 10-1 male to female. And then on ladies night it's 5-5 male to female. Doesn't that just make sense? to have an even male-female ration in a club where males and females are looking to hook up with each other (or at least dance with each other)


you just have to know where to go. there are an equal number of ladies and men out in most areas most nights, its just that the places men want to go dont exactly attract women. go to a micheal buble concert if you want to find out where all the single women went
FatkiddsLag
Profile Joined May 2010
United States413 Posts
January 17 2012 17:54 GMT
#215
On January 18 2012 00:02 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 00:01 Jiddra wrote:
Is that kind of thing legal in the US? Would be gender discrimination in Sweden.


I'd assume so. Most bars on a designated day of the week waive cover and offer discounted drinks for females.


they do this to bring in more girls to the bar, which will in turn bring in more guys. I dont think MLG has the mindset that if they bring in chicks to their events it will bring in more males hoping to score later that night.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
January 17 2012 17:55 GMT
#216
On January 18 2012 02:54 FatkiddsLag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 00:02 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 00:01 Jiddra wrote:
Is that kind of thing legal in the US? Would be gender discrimination in Sweden.


I'd assume so. Most bars on a designated day of the week waive cover and offer discounted drinks for females.


they do this to bring in more girls to the bar, which will in turn bring in more guys. I dont think MLG has the mindset that if they bring in chicks to their events it will bring in more males hoping to score later that night.


you mean like the 100s of dr pepper girls they hire?
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
January 17 2012 17:55 GMT
#217
On January 18 2012 02:54 turdburgler wrote:
go to a micheal buble concert if you want to find out where all the single women went


I laughed so hard at this.
BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
January 17 2012 17:55 GMT
#218
On January 18 2012 02:49 gold_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 02:46 Chill wrote:
On January 18 2012 02:41 gold_ wrote:
I remember going to a club once when I was younger and it was ladies free night. I turned around and said fuck this sexist club and we left, never went back. Allowing discounts or free entry because of your gender is extremely sexist.

Whenever something is on special I order the opposite in the name of justice and equality.

I am sensing sarcasm, but my point is that there was a night every week that did this (Thursday). No night was designated for males to enter free at all.

If the males at the club can't attract females then the club needs to step in with special offers to do so. I guess you will feel great when there are only males in the club...at least no one had to pay less than you which is what matters!
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
January 17 2012 17:56 GMT
#219
On January 17 2012 23:48 Tenks wrote:
As anyone knows who has gone to an MLG event the event is disproportionately populated by males. While I attended MLG Columbus last year I drug my girlfriend along. Being a good sport she agreed. From my general observation at the event the only females there were in the same situation as me. Simply coming along as a good gesture to their boyfriends.

O_O;;

dragged?
:)
Nabes
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1800 Posts
January 17 2012 17:56 GMT
#220
better idea would to go with a friend instead.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 274
Nina 110
SteadfastSC 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2422
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD53
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1087
Other Games
summit1g6774
Grubby2314
shahzam584
ToD226
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC55
Liquid`Ken1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 72
• Hupsaiya 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21063
League of Legends
• TFBlade599
Other Games
• imaqtpie904
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 45m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 45m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.