• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:20
CEST 03:20
KST 10:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7193 users

How/Why did you pick your Race? - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
April 10 2010 07:29 GMT
#81
I hate Toss and how they have one small army that they run around with everywhere.
I hate the slowness of terran mech(tanks thors and marauders)
And I love map control and speed, so I went with Zerg
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
April 10 2010 07:33 GMT
#82
I used to play Zerg in SC1, but then switched to Terran in the past six months or so.. first just to offrace and mess around, but then I decided that I felt a LOT more comfortable with it.. so I stayed with it for SC2 and I mostly play Terran in SC2 so far just because I don't know how to play toss or zerg well :p
Setev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Malaysia390 Posts
April 10 2010 07:34 GMT
#83
On April 10 2010 11:10 TheElitists wrote:
when SC1 came out I used to have two best friends and we played together all the time (It was 98 so we were like 9 or so) One ended up being a Protoss player one was a Terran player, so obviously I had to fill the trifecta.

As for SC2 well after playing Zerg so exclusively during brood war it just fit like an old glove.


Sounds like a good idea for a novel/movie XD
I'm the King Of Nerds
arew
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Lithuania1861 Posts
April 10 2010 07:34 GMT
#84
Protoss because I played them in BroodWar
750/750 emotions fully stacked
KULA_u
Profile Joined March 2010
Switzerland107 Posts
April 10 2010 07:56 GMT
#85
same race as in BW. (zerg)
thom
Profile Joined March 2010
England105 Posts
April 10 2010 07:56 GMT
#86
i still have decided on a race, so im playing random atm
shreepy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States121 Posts
April 10 2010 08:13 GMT
#87
I just played random for 20 games or so and settled on zerg mainly because I really like their macro mechanics.
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
April 10 2010 08:49 GMT
#88
Played zerg in BW. In SC2 zerg was about the same except much easier to macro and much less micro. Aside from some build orders and very basic stuff there was really nothing new for me to learn so i figured I might as well practice something else during the beta and I can always come back to zerg whenever I feel like it. Protoss was not an option (hate em, sc1 noob race) and Terran seemed more fun anyways with a large variety of units that I wanted to try out so I stuck with it.
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
April 10 2010 09:47 GMT
#89
Terran, because Chrono Boost is just too much work.
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
Gigaudas
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden1213 Posts
April 10 2010 10:16 GMT
#90
Zerg is boring and Terran is too cool and I felt that anyone who does not play Terran must be dumb! But I didn't want to be the same race as everyone else so I chose Protoss
I
jsp.aus
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia2 Posts
April 10 2010 10:59 GMT
#91
i like zerg play i can play them well but really bored of their unit choices so im playing protoss
hard for me to play terran for some reason..
so noob
Sauron
Profile Joined November 2008
Romania169 Posts
April 10 2010 11:01 GMT
#92
I played about 50 random games and then decided that I like protoss the most. I was protoss in sc1 also.
Soothsayer
Jandos
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Czech Republic928 Posts
April 10 2010 11:03 GMT
#93
Playing random so far. I like protoss the most and i was playing them in BW also
Maven
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden42 Posts
April 10 2010 11:05 GMT
#94
Thor is here
Perfection is a moving target, im following it.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
April 10 2010 11:10 GMT
#95
Terran, because I only played them in Brood War and I love the new units like the thor, viking, marauder and finally a ghost that's useful. ^_^
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
sushiman
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden2691 Posts
April 10 2010 11:33 GMT
#96
Random, because knowing all the races is the manliest approach.
1000 at least.
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
April 10 2010 11:35 GMT
#97
Well protoss always seemed cool to me and I knew I would keep playing them in sc2 however they turned out.Impo blizzard did a great job, can't wait for legacy of the void. My life for Aiur!
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
EximoSua2
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States216 Posts
April 10 2010 11:38 GMT
#98
I chose Terran because I like the ability to scan. If I want to see something on the map, then I see it. If Zerg had simple recon like that, I would have picked them.
huun
Profile Joined October 2004
Turkey58 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-10 11:43:59
April 10 2010 11:41 GMT
#99
zerg assistant talks like Gollum and Zealot's attack effect sounds like a swarm of bees. So i picked Terran.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
April 10 2010 11:47 GMT
#100
Terran. I find them the most fun to play.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 152
RuFF_SC2 60
ProTech31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15801
Rain 2261
Artosis 628
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Mew2King158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor990
Other Games
summit1g8373
Day[9].tv670
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS75
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 152
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv670
• Scarra537
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 40m
OSC
20h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.