• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:38
CEST 12:38
KST 19:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8680 users

How/Why did you pick your Race? - Page 8

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
April 10 2010 17:36 GMT
#141
Because the banshee and the reaper are my two new favorite units (and my two most frequently used units ) Terran. And when I tried to make a probe in my first game as protoss and an overlord in my game of zerg, i raged because they were E and V.

I don't mind toss anymore now though But I'm not good enough to macro Z correctly.
Sup.
TheTuna
Profile Joined August 2009
United States286 Posts
April 10 2010 17:37 GMT
#142
I loved the Terran music and aesthetic in Starcraft 1/BW: I LOVE power armor and basically just fell in love with marines and firebats. 2 was kind of just the logical extension of this but I love the new emphasis on power-armored bio as well.

Plus, tanks are sexy.
The6357
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States1268 Posts
April 10 2010 17:37 GMT
#143
protoss...it is the beginner's race
2010 worldcup!! corea fighting!!!
mrmac
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden38 Posts
April 10 2010 17:54 GMT
#144
Im goin with the swarm ever since sc1 first came out. I like their unique mechanics and the marco play! massing ftw!
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 10 2010 17:58 GMT
#145
Is Protoss still considered the "easy race" in SC2?
The6357
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States1268 Posts
April 10 2010 18:01 GMT
#146
i feel protoss is a lot easier to play as a newb than zerg/terran...
2010 worldcup!! corea fighting!!!
Neon_Monkey
Profile Joined February 2008
United States270 Posts
April 10 2010 18:10 GMT
#147
I find PvP to be the least boring of the 3 mirrors.
Quixoticism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States80 Posts
April 10 2010 18:31 GMT
#148
I play random and want to keep it that way. I have been considering for some time though switching to a race for a few weeks, then to the next, and so on until I get really good with all of them.
Then my random game will be that much better.
So far I do have to say that Terran is my favorite race to play and I seem to do best with them. They were also my favorite in BW(played random in that too)
I was somewhere, thinking something...
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
April 10 2010 18:39 GMT
#149
startet with Toss, cuz i used to play toss backin the days, but it didn´t feel right in sc2. tried zerg and stuck with it.
keep it deep! @zulison
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-10 18:41:25
April 10 2010 18:40 GMT
#150
I always was inspired by sAviOr as he was the guy in charge when I started following the proscene. However the race I felt most comfortable with was protoss and I was really good with terran micromanagement. After alot of consideration I finally settled down with zerg, because I wanted a real challenge but also, partially from sAviOr ofc, because zerg when played well looked so amazing and cool. I still feel in my heart after reaching B with zerg that if I spent more time on protoss I could probably have reached higher. Having that said I don't regret a thing. Zerg's baller.

LOL fuck I owned myself... this is sc2 thread...

...and i dont even have beta..

fuck me dry
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
April 10 2010 18:51 GMT
#151
I played random for the first 2 weeks of beta and started to really like Warpgate so I decided to start playing Protoss exclusively. I almost chose Zerg just for the fact that I love the ZvZ match up and that I also hate going up against mutalisks as Toss.
THIS NEEDS FACE!
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-10 18:57:31
April 10 2010 18:57 GMT
#152
It's all in flexibility (of tech) for me. Also, Zerg macro is soo fun.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
April 10 2010 18:57 GMT
#153
I play Terran because I have a sense of duty with the human race.

instead of doing charity, I decided to play terran
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
TossFloss *
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada606 Posts
April 10 2010 19:01 GMT
#154
Random. Because I won't settle for just 33%.
TL Android App Open Source http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=265090
Bash
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland1533 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-10 19:02:11
April 10 2010 19:01 GMT
#155
Protoss because I'm a masochist and like playing the hardest race. Martyr complex I know.
I can't sing and I can't dance, but still I know how to clap my hands.
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
April 10 2010 19:08 GMT
#156
protoss since i dont want to play much.. plus they are tough like real men are.
I dont want to be totally out :3
iConiCz
Profile Joined March 2010
9 Posts
April 10 2010 19:16 GMT
#157
Zerg becouse of the manovuerbilty of their units, speed and numbers rather then brute force + their aliens and have awesome animations.
War is a hole that will drag anyone close enough in it.
Toads
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1795 Posts
April 10 2010 19:19 GMT
#158
For me, I started with the race i played in Sc/BW then when i saw how was terran i tried it then i loved it so i chose to be terran in Sc2
(。◕ ω ◕。) Beer Time !!!! (。◕ ω ◕。)
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
April 10 2010 19:20 GMT
#159
well, i play T cause i just loved the OC an addon mechanics.
in BW i played Z, and then P, whenever i played T it felt good, but it was too hard i found
SC2 is different, Terran seems to flow nicely compared to Z and just the overall play style fits me better I find.
Dwell
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-10 19:28:31
April 10 2010 19:25 GMT
#160
actually it was like this:
terran is boring
protoss' units are stupid (dragoon, probe - back than my probes used to stop mining for w/e reason)
that was a long time ago, and i didnt have enough time to play, so i sticked to one race, to be somewhat competitive with it, i got to like them, so i'm sticking to them in sc2 as well
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko88
SpeCial 45
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19011
firebathero 2299
Bisu 828
Hyuk 611
Horang2 434
Larva 229
BeSt 218
Light 137
EffOrt 132
Mini 126
[ Show more ]
Soma 111
Leta 99
Rush 84
Barracks 72
ZerO 63
Yoon 62
Pusan 55
Killer 54
ToSsGirL 54
soO 46
Sharp 41
Sexy 33
Aegong 31
Mong 30
NaDa 26
Shinee 26
Mind 22
Bale 21
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 18
JulyZerg 16
sorry 14
Noble 12
zelot 10
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XaKoH 204
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1104
byalli971
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns40428
singsing1781
olofmeister1045
B2W.Neo148
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)14
Livibee0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH73
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 23m
OSC
11h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 23m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.