• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:19
CEST 03:19
KST 10:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7141 users

How/Why did you pick your Race? - Page 7

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
extracheez
Profile Joined January 2009
Australia151 Posts
April 10 2010 14:16 GMT
#121
I was a random player and I decided to learn specific builds for my worst race zerg. They became my best race, so I play them. I'm really edging towards playing random again though, but I'm shuddering at learning 6 more matchups.
MFRessurectMe
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden22 Posts
April 10 2010 14:19 GMT
#122
Terran because I played Human in wc3
Smooth Operator
TrzystaDrzew
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland72 Posts
April 10 2010 14:19 GMT
#123
Terran.

Because I am a human and I fell strong connection with my human race, I see no other choice than one which is certain.

What is more guys isn't it funny to seeing at the end "us" wining vs. aliens?

"And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way. For we shall win through… No matter the cost." Arcturus Mengsk.
Craz
Profile Joined June 2004
United States69 Posts
April 10 2010 14:23 GMT
#124
Terran played them in sc1. Can't wait to see some good medivac micro on the pro level.
m3rciless
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1476 Posts
April 10 2010 14:34 GMT
#125
Terran because they look so cool.
White-Ra fighting!
ImBa_JaCkAsS
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada200 Posts
April 10 2010 14:47 GMT
#126
Terran because I am a human
5 Pool for late games
SteeJanS
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada111 Posts
April 10 2010 14:57 GMT
#127
I started with random and realized that I hated the macro-mechanics of Toss and Terran, I was always missing mules (and couldn't get the hang of tab-buidling with reactor/tech lab) and chrono boosts (and forgetting to warp in units AS SOON as the warp gates were ready). I was remembering to use infuse larva with Zerg most of the time, so I stayed with them.

It kind of sucks becase I was a Toss player in SC1, but the new macro mechanics take too much APM for me. I prefer to micro my army, not play sim-city and and attack-move my army. With zerg I can do both.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 10 2010 15:02 GMT
#128
Once i get the beta/release im going to be Terran.
why?
Fuck Protoss.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
April 10 2010 15:04 GMT
#129
I used to play random for BGH all the time so when i switched to low money, my friend that was teaching me said i should probably focus on one race. so, I went random one last time and got protoss and that was it :D
Tamerlane
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada426 Posts
April 10 2010 15:06 GMT
#130
I didn't pick my race, my race picked me.
Infernus
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway222 Posts
April 10 2010 15:10 GMT
#131
Im really not sure, play terran in BW. But Ive been random the past months with beta. I dont really like zerg, doesnt really fit the way I play, but im jiggling between toss/terran atm.
sup ;o
go4it
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia91 Posts
April 10 2010 15:29 GMT
#132
Protoss for life. I just love to storm everything :D
Tarufuin
Profile Joined April 2010
United States33 Posts
April 10 2010 16:43 GMT
#133
Played Protoss in SC1, playing protoss in SC2. I really like the terran, but I've never been a fan of bio play, and with the lack of viable mech builds earlier in the beta I kept playing protoss. I enjoy zerg, but I suck at managing larvae :/
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
April 10 2010 17:03 GMT
#134
Because i thought up an amazing build and i wanted to try it out.
It worked, i just beat someone like 20 ranks above me. :D
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
April 10 2010 17:09 GMT
#135
Terran because tanks firing are so good looking, banshees are fucking nice and OC/PF are just awesome. Also I didnt like the way zealots attack and move, and I think chrono boost is just huur duuhr, but would love to play with collosus in my army.

was protoss in SC:BW, and always will be toss in BW!
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
April 10 2010 17:26 GMT
#136
i like the terran androchick ;D
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
PanzerDragoon
Profile Joined March 2010
United States822 Posts
April 10 2010 17:29 GMT
#137
Tried 2 games as Zerg. Could not grasp around their radically different macro, so I just went back to Terran, my original BW race
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
April 10 2010 17:29 GMT
#138
This is fun to read
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
April 10 2010 17:32 GMT
#139
terran just makes the most sense to my puny brain atm
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
p1ng
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany53 Posts
April 10 2010 17:32 GMT
#140
Well we are 3 mates and in BW 2 of us played Z and one P, so it was time for a switch ;-)
Since the SC2 T fits my playstile quite more then the turtle terra from sc1 i feel quite comfortable with terra now.

Anyway, I want my early Grunt/Dryads back
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 152
RuFF_SC2 60
ProTech31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15801
Rain 2261
Artosis 628
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox663
Mew2King158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor990
Other Games
summit1g9725
Day[9].tv663
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft324
C9.Mang0252
ArmadaUGS75
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 148
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv663
• Scarra569
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 42m
OSC
20h 42m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.