• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8182 users

How/Why did you pick your Race? - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Vexx
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States462 Posts
April 10 2010 03:11 GMT
#41
I played zerg in SC1 but I was a wee lad back then.

Reading about SC2 and in the first couple weeks without a beta key, I was sure as shit going to be playing Terran. Marauders looked awesome, ghosts and nukes were so cool. Siege tanks have always been really interesting. Once I saw the reaper, I was completely sold. The possibilities of the things you could do with terran were mind boggling. The bio + medivac army works so well together, and gives you the possibility of drops (4-8 stimmed maurauders DESTROY your main in seconds).

I think I'm still best as terran, but I don't quite enjoy them as much as I had at first hoped. In a interesting twist of irony, terran became repetitive so I started learning SC2 zerg.

Zerg helps me make up for some of my weaker points. I let money pile up while I micro my army and then suddenly I'm sitting on 2k/2k. That's okay as zerg because 10 seconds later I've spent it all and a new army is born.

I also feel like zerg pushes me to improve. I scout a lot better with zerg because I don't feel like a few lings is a waste the way a marine might be. I love a mobile army and I love how fast the units move.

I've never played protoss beyond the sc1 campaign and have never been interested in the "summon building" mechanic (SC and WC3). I do think zealots and dark templars are hella cool. But that's about it. I sometimes toy with the idea of learning toss to be able to play random but I'm not attracted to their "oomph".
I am not nice.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 10 2010 03:12 GMT
#42
i play toss cause it's easy
i play zerg in 2v2 cause my friend is awful at anything except toss
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
April 10 2010 03:13 GMT
#43
I played zerg at the start because I liked it more for 2v2, and protoss seemed weak at the time (pre-stalker buff), but last patch with the marauder imbalance and thors/turrets buffed making mutas useless, I switched to P because PvT is at least somewhat winnable.

Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
whiterabbit
Profile Joined June 2009
2675 Posts
April 10 2010 03:13 GMT
#44
Played Terran in SC, in BW and now SC2beta. Actually I don't remember why I picked to play Terrans in SC but then naturally I continued playing them in BW and SC2.
NUTELLA y u no make me skinny?!?
Maedi
Profile Joined August 2009
United States477 Posts
April 10 2010 03:17 GMT
#45
Terran, same race I was in BW
I preferred the more defensive style of Terran units (at least compared to the other races) in BW
rifi
Profile Joined February 2010
United States74 Posts
April 10 2010 03:27 GMT
#46
Terran because they're badass.

There's just something awesome about humans kicking the crap out of aliens with bullets and missiles.
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
April 10 2010 03:27 GMT
#47
I have really bad mechanics, which is among the reasons I played toss in BW, I thought toss in sc2 would be the least mechanically demanding too, but since theres unlimited selection, I've found terran much easier on the hands, and requires less precise micromanagement (which is a plus because my hands are not just slow but twitchy) so I switched to that. I played random -> protoss -> terran, didnt consider zerg because it was both broken and not fun to play
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
B.L.u.B.
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany36 Posts
April 10 2010 03:28 GMT
#48
i play z becouse i played ud in wc3 so z looks similar to ud with the creep ^^
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
April 10 2010 03:30 GMT
#49
I haven't totally commited yet but so far zerg feel the best for my style.
Unfortunately they also feel the most boring/incomplete.

Heres to seeing how it goes!

To answer the op, I go off my win rate with each race
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Graham
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada1259 Posts
April 10 2010 03:31 GMT
#50
Terran because I used to love playing them in SC1 but couldn't handle the insane amount of macro when I tried to play them on a competitive level, but with SC2 the macro is a lot more simplified and I can grasp it all.

Same goes with stuff like idle SCVs in SC1 - the new button in SC2 is a godsend.
EZjijy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1039 Posts
April 10 2010 03:45 GMT
#51
<3 Banshees and Thors
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
April 10 2010 03:47 GMT
#52
terran...because...just because. i didn't really feel like playing zerg anymore so terran i go !
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
April 10 2010 03:47 GMT
#53
I've been going random all the time so far.
We make signature, then defense it.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
April 10 2010 03:51 GMT
#54
haven't decided yet.. everything looks cool in my perspective.. btw, if I was to choose it would be still be protoss I think..
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
April 10 2010 03:56 GMT
#55
Snowglobes got my attention, and rightly so! For the forcefields and stuff. I can't play Zerg in SC2 for anything and Terran was my main in SC2, but so many of my friends played terran, not protoss... So I switched!
iheartpurplez
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada54 Posts
April 10 2010 03:57 GMT
#56
I'm horrible at making decisions so i'm sticking with random for now ...
in SC i played toss as my favorite unit was the reaver, but with that gone i don't know what to do!
my love for you, my life for aiur
Retsukage
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1002 Posts
April 10 2010 03:58 GMT
#57
started as toss, changed to random because I cant focus on a race like I could in sc1
To change is to improve, to change often is to be perfect - Winston Chruchill
j4vz
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada976 Posts
April 10 2010 03:59 GMT
#58
i was terran but i thought the gameplay was a bit boring, so i tried toss and i fell in love with the gameplay and now i dont think ill switch again :D
someone_elses_lies@live.fr
e4e5nf3
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada599 Posts
April 10 2010 04:01 GMT
#59
I chose Protoss because that was my main race in sc1. I chose Protoss in sc1 because my micro stinks and I needed units that would last a bit longer in battles.
King takes Queen
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
April 10 2010 04:03 GMT
#60
Started as toss, took some advice from tastless and now I play random (well at least in ladder!)
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 152
NeuroSwarm 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11010
Rain 1947
Artosis 564
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox596
Mew2King232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1059
Other Games
summit1g9555
Day[9].tv677
shahzam607
JimRising 502
C9.Mang0228
PiGStarcraft224
ArmadaUGS62
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv677
• Scarra571
• Shiphtur187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 38m
OSC
21h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.