• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:19
CEST 13:19
KST 20:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9066 users

[SPL] Playoffs - CJ Entus vs Samsung Khan Day 2 - Page 127

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 130 Next
hacpee
Profile Joined November 2007
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-26 13:09:49
July 26 2009 13:08 GMT
#2521
Stork made a big mistake. His 2nd expo didn't have gas so he couldn't switch to reavers/templar early enough.

Btw, even though khan had more games at the end, CJ deserved the win.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
July 26 2009 13:30 GMT
#2522
I just spent the last 5 hours trying not to spoil myself. Then I went to fomos to look up some stat and ... shit. From looking at the results now, as well as the sheer length of this thread, it sounds like this was an EPIC set. Looking forward to watching the VODs.
Moderator
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
July 26 2009 14:27 GMT
#2523
Fbh ruined it. He blew his game even after the lead. =(
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
AzureEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1360 Posts
July 26 2009 14:31 GMT
#2524
Man...Stork had that game

2 reasons why he lost

1) At the near end, he shouldn't have wasted his army to try to go through those 7 sunkens. Its not worth it, he should have committed more to drops or maybe even recall

2) The map let you get 3/4 gas easily which means Z can just protect its nat (which Effort made 7 sunks) and get free gas. Free gas for Zerg = Ultralings and hive tech

I swear, Stork had this game..damn
Terrans who whine: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=107788
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
July 26 2009 14:39 GMT
#2525
Man. I go to bed, and khan starts losing . Oh well, CJ advances, good job CJ.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-26 14:45:42
July 26 2009 14:45 GMT
#2526
I watched all the games on youtube. And I'm so sad I couldn't see this live. There was just so much tension and emotion hearing everyone scream once the CJ players started to make their comeback. Effort deserves a medal for all he has done for the team.

That is heritage right there, baby :D
[image loading]
Gumbo
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada807 Posts
July 26 2009 14:56 GMT
#2527
Wow after Jangbi I went to sleep thinking it was over and since I work early today... but


GODAMNIT I MISSED AN EPIC COMEBACK.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
anderoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1876 Posts
July 26 2009 14:58 GMT
#2528
effort is a motherfucking beast, 4 of 7 CJ wins in them KHAN series
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
July 26 2009 15:03 GMT
#2529
Jaedong's throne is in jeopardy.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
July 26 2009 15:06 GMT
#2530
Anyone got a shot of January's face after the super ace match?

UCD2
Profile Joined January 2009
United States109 Posts
July 26 2009 15:09 GMT
#2531
On July 27 2009 00:03 Warrior Madness wrote:
Jaedong's throne is in jeopardy.


rofl i like this one
Spanxxx
Profile Joined February 2009
United States408 Posts
July 26 2009 16:13 GMT
#2532
omfg @ results. effort is a god
If people arent trying to pull you down, you arent climbing high enough.
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-26 16:18:14
July 26 2009 16:17 GMT
#2533
Appreciate the love Smix, hubfub, kNyTTyM, and fusionsdf <3 Or maybe you guys are scolding me for my lack of sanity for sleeping at such a time =( <3 haha. I slept because I've been sleeping at 4-6 am too much these days and waking up at like 3pm. It really messes up my entire day >_<

With that being said.............SHEEEEEEEEE JAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I'm sorry for ever doubting you guys for a bit..........SORRY!! 죄송합니다 ~~ THIS IS WHY I'M A CJ FAN. Too much caps..........I know, but I'm too damn hyped up!!! Clutch players always emerge in a time like this.

I truly woke up to a joyous double ace match victory from CJ. I am so happeeee =]
KT_Violet
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
July 26 2009 16:39 GMT
#2534
god i cant believe cj won with such a horrible performance

what a fucking letdown, unbelievable
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 26 2009 16:52 GMT
#2535
On July 27 2009 01:17 JIJIyO wrote:
Appreciate the love Smix, hubfub, kNyTTyM, and fusionsdf <3 Or maybe you guys are scolding me for my lack of sanity for sleeping at such a time =( <3 haha. I slept because I've been sleeping at 4-6 am too much these days and waking up at like 3pm. It really messes up my entire day >_<

With that being said.............SHEEEEEEEEE JAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I'm sorry for ever doubting you guys for a bit..........SORRY!! 죄송합니다 ~~ THIS IS WHY I'M A CJ FAN. Too much caps..........I know, but I'm too damn hyped up!!! Clutch players always emerge in a time like this.

I truly woke up to a joyous double ace match victory from CJ. I am so happeeee =]


hahaha

just make sure you watch the vods. They are really really amazing. What a comeback, even better than WL finals.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
July 26 2009 16:56 GMT
#2536
wow Effort, single-handedly carries CJ today!

I miss Savior =(
Xellos <3
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 26 2009 17:04 GMT
#2537
effort. so clutch.
Writer
tedster
Profile Joined May 2009
984 Posts
July 26 2009 17:27 GMT
#2538
On July 26 2009 23:31 AzureEye wrote:
Man...Stork had that game

2 reasons why he lost

1) At the near end, he shouldn't have wasted his army to try to go through those 7 sunkens. Its not worth it, he should have committed more to drops or maybe even recall

2) The map let you get 3/4 gas easily which means Z can just protect its nat (which Effort made 7 sunks) and get free gas. Free gas for Zerg = Ultralings and hive tech

I swear, Stork had this game..damn


While Stork was in a decent position for a while, point one really does not stand, unfortunately.

1) Drops or recall were not possible. By the time Stork had any sort of ground army strong enough to hold the middle, he no longer had a large fleet of Sairs and Effort was already patrolling the hell out of his side of the map with Muta and Scourge. A drop would have been far too risky with Effort's focus on air at the time and would also have delayed the Obs, which were needed by that point to survive the Lurker switch.

Recall would have been completely impossible for both the aforementioned air issue and because Stork was never ahead economically in a way that would have allowed him to throw time, resources, and Starport production into Arbiters. He could not have maintained a Sair force or kept his ground army at the same strength had he done this sort of a tech, and at the point of the game it might have been possible he would have been giving Effort time to tech into Ultra/Defiler anyway, so it would have had little effect and could have actually been quite detrimental.

the last wcs commissioner
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
July 26 2009 17:45 GMT
#2539
On July 27 2009 01:52 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2009 01:17 JIJIyO wrote:
Appreciate the love Smix, hubfub, kNyTTyM, and fusionsdf <3 Or maybe you guys are scolding me for my lack of sanity for sleeping at such a time =( <3 haha. I slept because I've been sleeping at 4-6 am too much these days and waking up at like 3pm. It really messes up my entire day >_<

With that being said.............SHEEEEEEEEE JAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I'm sorry for ever doubting you guys for a bit..........SORRY!! 죄송합니다 ~~ THIS IS WHY I'M A CJ FAN. Too much caps..........I know, but I'm too damn hyped up!!! Clutch players always emerge in a time like this.

I truly woke up to a joyous double ace match victory from CJ. I am so happeeee =]


hahaha

just make sure you watch the vods. They are really really amazing. What a comeback, even better than WL finals.

Will do sir! Only going to watch the ones where CJ won because I'm cheap like that. But wow, better than Skyhigh Mr. One in a million comeback? Damn, I'm in for a treat.
KT_Violet
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-26 18:02:22
July 26 2009 17:55 GMT
#2540
On July 26 2009 23:39 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Man. I go to bed, and khan starts losing . Oh well, CJ advances, good job CJ.


Clearly you shouldn't have gone to bed... Maybe then Khan would have won...

Anyway, it was a great match but I am still disappointed by the way Stork suicided his army on sunkens and dark swarm. The game was much more even than CJ fans make it sound.
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM551
IndyStarCraft 139
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 551
Lowko395
IndyStarCraft 139
mouzHeroMarine 59
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14253
Free 5579
Stork 1876
Jaedong 673
Horang2 513
BeSt 434
Soulkey 350
Soma 263
Mini 241
Larva 226
[ Show more ]
Zeus 212
Last 143
sorry 108
Mind 84
Pusan 75
Hyun 73
Sexy 47
Shinee 37
soO 31
yabsab 16
Sacsri 15
scan(afreeca) 15
ToSsGirL 12
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4917
XaKoH 264
Dendi236
XcaliburYe208
Counter-Strike
byalli644
Other Games
gofns43128
singsing2028
Coldzera 701
Happy370
B2W.Neo290
Pyrionflax239
ToD52
trigger0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 34
• StrangeGG 17
• Adnapsc2 15
• Light_VIP 10
• Gemini_19 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV392
League of Legends
• Jankos3667
Upcoming Events
Online Event
41m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 41m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.