• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:09
CEST 08:09
KST 15:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8859 users

[Art] Casual Sunday - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
March 12 2008 00:24 GMT
#61
If both players are obviously better than their opponents. Say a nony/idra team played some random pubbies like us. One of them could easily defeat the other two in a team melee.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
March 12 2008 00:24 GMT
#62
2 hrs 30 minutes is too little time
and i'd expect there to be a lot of waiting (for games) involved
but

omg sounds so fun though!!!!
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
March 12 2008 00:26 GMT
#63
On March 12 2008 09:24 randombum wrote:
If both players are obviously better than their opponents. Say a nony/idra team played some random pubbies like us. One of them could easily defeat the other two in a team melee.

but they'd have an easier 2v2 win

and i don't think it'd work unless it were like 1 A rank vs 2 Ds
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
March 12 2008 00:38 GMT
#64
Randombum: well, maybe you want to get a new cd-key anyway? I'mjust doing you favour helping you get it done!

So should we make it 3 hours instead, and then finals?

And, yeah, I expect most ace matches to be 2on2. I guess it'd be good if one team is a really good player and a really abd player, while the other team is two meduim players. Then probably the really good player would be better of 1 vs team melee than in a 2on2.

I was about to just put another 2on2 as last game, but that'd be a bit boring. This gives at least SOME choice, but it is complicated and not that much more fun,as pointed out. Anyone got good ideas for game 5? Mabe the winner of the 2on2 get to decide wether to play 2on2 or another team melee?

I got another crazy idea for finals.... what about taking the 4 teams with most points and pit them against each other in a 2on2on2on2 on hunters? The two last surviving teams (4 players) go to the finals.
pros: Great fun! BGH could potentially give even funnier lategame, but allows for extreme stallmates as well... normal hunters is probably better?
cons: Very luck-based. The best team can very well be ganged up and kicked out. Then again, this isnt REALLY about winning. Also I know that I have this irrational love for ffa.
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
March 12 2008 00:38 GMT
#65
It's not always about winning. If two strong players joined as a team they would obviously win the whole tournament, and being no money involved it might as well be fun. And for the good players a 2v1 team melee would be semi-challengable to them vs a 2v2 where they would own.
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-12 00:43:48
March 12 2008 00:39 GMT
#66
For 2v2, I say anything in proleague except python :D. Specifically Vampire, Hwansangbul, Troy(!!), Usan Nation, Iron Curtains have to be in there

1v1, fairly obvious what we should play, the current map pool in the leagues and I guess brining back some older maps like Tau Cross, Peaks, Requiem, Nostalgia, etc... would be cool too

But in all honesty, since this is a "casual" tournament I'd say any map should be playable. (edit: yes even DMZ and Demon's Forest and Blizzard maps and other user/non pro maps)

I say I'd have a 74.6789% chance of being there.
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
March 12 2008 00:41 GMT
#67
Ahh the cd-key problem I probably would buy another SC, but the only starcrafts I can find are like $15/20 battle chests which I don't feel like playing when I can iccup or hamachi.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
March 12 2008 00:59 GMT
#68
On March 12 2008 09:39 crazie-penguin wrote:74.6789%

I hate you.
But only casually of course.

So how about we let the losing team chose any "normal" map? Or the team with least points if they are even. Or on common agreement if on the same score. Or I chose if they cant agree.

Sacaren, I didnt get it. Are you playing? You got a percentage?

I'm of to bed now, so I wont reply for a while. I'll try to check in on things before going to work tomorrow. Keep coming with the registrations and ideas meanwhile!
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-12 01:26:12
March 12 2008 01:25 GMT
#69
I'm going to assume "normal" includes anything in proleague :D If we or the players can agree on it of course.

I'm Art.NeoEpyon by the way.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
March 12 2008 03:26 GMT
#70
.00000001%

i have piano lessons lawl sorry
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
March 12 2008 03:48 GMT
#71
I'd like to play in this. Probably about 70% that I can come?

Oh and I'll be on the name Arcology.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 12 2008 08:55 GMT
#72
I like weighing otherwise good players down, count me in, 99.3211%.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
March 12 2008 09:18 GMT
#73
lol, thanks for that percentage walrus! You want to coorganise this event as well? If things go as they should you shouldnt have to do a lot though. Basically only keep an eye on things in your timezone...

And I'm starting to get a few ideas for nametags I'll give to teams that wont make up their own.
I would for example love to see the team "superiorNAME" with the players superiorwalrus and superiorpenguin in the channel! Also the team "DaWG-->NAME<-- would be sweet.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 12 2008 09:32 GMT
#74
On March 12 2008 18:18 Cascade wrote:
lol, thanks for that percentage walrus! You want to coorganise this event as well? If things go as they should you shouldnt have to do a lot though. Basically only keep an eye on things in your timezone...

And I'm starting to get a few ideas for nametags I'll give to teams that wont make up their own.
I would for example love to see the team "superiorNAME" with the players superiorwalrus and superiorpenguin in the channel! Also the team "DaWG-->NAME<-- would be sweet.

np, and sure I will coorganise, because I can then steal glory for your work.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
March 12 2008 09:35 GMT
#75
YEAH YEAH

Scara-J 90%
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 12 2008 10:15 GMT
#76
Yay, Scaramanga just became the 100th member registered on the Clan Art Forum website. To celebrate, I am going to sleep, because it is 5 am.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 13 2008 11:02 GMT
#77
Actually, now that I think about it, Cascade, you and I should take turns being the main organizer of the sunday tourneys. I would feel bad if you didn't play ever, with the work you put into them. Anyways, since I am going to be embarrassed when I anger my teammate by proving myself to be about as useful at sc as a box full of kittens, (and equally as cute, mind you) I am hereby offering to be the one that sits out and organizes this one. Idk, lemme know if you are ok with it.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
March 14 2008 19:03 GMT
#78
48 hours left! Who's coming?

oh, you are very welcome to be main organiser Walrus. Can I complain about the format being stupid when I lose? I really would like to try team melee!

So who wants to join DaWG-->Cascade<--?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 15 2008 05:36 GMT
#79
Ok put me down for like a 60% chance :D
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-16 18:40:59
March 16 2008 18:40 GMT
#80
Alright, according to my calculations, this thing kicks off in about 20 minutes. Remember, drop-ins are welcome.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1187
910 110
Snow 97
Hyun 77
NotJumperer 55
Bale 32
Noble 11
sorry 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto250
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g6416
Coldzera 724
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0298
PiGStarcraft169
NeuroSwarm120
ViBE18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Rush1113
• Lourlo1064
• Stunt350
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 51m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 51m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 51m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.