• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:08
CEST 18:08
KST 01:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8484 users

[TLS:Championship] Ro32 - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
101 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
March 06 2016 19:08 GMT
#61
On March 07 2016 03:52 538 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 03:38 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On March 07 2016 03:33 538 wrote:
Which matchups are casted today? Are all games going to be casted from here on, or just a selection until they get few enouh for one cast per week?

Just a selection. Few series will get casted today.

Is it decided yet from what point on will all games be casted? It would be neat if unofficial casters covered the uncasted replays. For me, a tournament stage doesn't feel proper until all the games in it are casted

Yeah, if there's big enough interest, we might do some "unofficial" cast during the week of the games we don't cast tonight, before the Ro16 starts ^^.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
tanngard
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway1325 Posts
March 06 2016 19:14 GMT
#62
On March 07 2016 04:08 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 03:52 538 wrote:
On March 07 2016 03:38 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On March 07 2016 03:33 538 wrote:
Which matchups are casted today? Are all games going to be casted from here on, or just a selection until they get few enouh for one cast per week?

Just a selection. Few series will get casted today.

Is it decided yet from what point on will all games be casted? It would be neat if unofficial casters covered the uncasted replays. For me, a tournament stage doesn't feel proper until all the games in it are casted

Yeah, if there's big enough interest, we might do some "unofficial" cast during the week of the games we don't cast tonight, before the Ro16 starts ^^.

There is definitely interest - this is the league where the foreign players who put in the hard work gets to shine the most since a long time ago

HYPE!
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
March 06 2016 19:18 GMT
#63
What a day to look into TL.net. Looking forward to some BW!
Brood War forever!
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
March 06 2016 19:35 GMT
#64
Casters, can you fix your sound levels so that LRM)Cats_Paw is not this much louder than Sayle?
BW fighting!
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
March 06 2016 20:34 GMT
#65
And the first games I watch are ZvP and not ZvZ like it says in the Liquibet, man that confused me ...

I get a lot of reavers though so I am happy
Where is my ACE flair
tanngard
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway1325 Posts
March 06 2016 20:41 GMT
#66
So voddy is my hero now
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
March 06 2016 20:41 GMT
#67
vOddy you are my hero, dweb reaver is all you need :D GG
Where is my ACE flair
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
March 06 2016 20:46 GMT
#68
vOddy must be really confident in this build if he staked his advancement on it by using it two times in a row. Great fan service, but I feel he unnecessarily risked the series after looking comfortably superior in game 1.
BW fighting!
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
March 06 2016 20:54 GMT
#69
are replays going to be released from ro32 and onward?
aka DragOn[NaS]
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
March 06 2016 20:54 GMT
#70
Interesting 8pool
Where is my ACE flair
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
March 06 2016 21:06 GMT
#71
On March 07 2016 05:54 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
are replays going to be released from ro32 and onward?

Yes.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
March 06 2016 21:07 GMT
#72
Finally a Terran - Please advance, someone needs to show those dirty Z's how its done !
Where is my ACE flair
tanngard
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway1325 Posts
March 06 2016 21:08 GMT
#73
Cats_paw loves his TvP ^^
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
March 06 2016 22:10 GMT
#74
Great series, shame these two players had to meet so early.

Thanks 2Pac
BW fighting!
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
March 06 2016 23:37 GMT
#75
soo...every ro16 matchup is posted except mine. Sup with the djem5/spx match? when will I know who im facing?
aka DragOn[NaS]
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
March 07 2016 00:05 GMT
#76
So 1-2 weeks before Christmas I asked 2Pacalypse- for a schedule regarding the TLSC because I already knew at the time that I would not be able to play at my home desk for several weeks in February, March due to work and I would not be able to play at my best because of this. But the time for that was a little bit flexible so some information would have been nice. I had to make the arrangements fast though.

But of course who would have a schedule 3 weeks before a 3 month tour starts? Alas, no schedule was available and I had to guess the length of the qualifier which naturally went horribly wrong, seeing the announcement after New Years stating a preliminary phase, which is longer than the actual Championship. So my time away from home would start right at the time the elimination bracket begins.

But misfortunes never come singly. An additional look at the "amazing" mappool and I strongly considered not participating at all. Thinking it over, my optimistic self thought, okay they want to sort out the surplus of Terrans in the foreign scene for whatever reason like SSL11. Afterwards they surely won't pick such ridiculous maps, so I started training and participating anyway.

Fast forward to the end of the preliminaries, I got some decent results with an improved TvP despite the maps and tried to play the tiebreaker games away from home, as the result didn't matter much to me, as it would just decide if the next games would be a TvP if I lose or a most likely TvP if I win(which it would have been anyway). And as you could see vs Julia, my skill was not even close to what I am capable of. So for the next Round I would definitely go home to play better games.

And then I see the maps, again a Terran graveyard, infact the same I fell into in TLS3. Thank you very much.
So basically my plan for the series was to win the games on Electric Circuit and Fighting Spirit and if I am very lucky a game with cheese on Aztec.

So for the first game I planned a strong 3base +1 timing attack to kill him outright, which went as expected until he kills a control group of vultures with a cloaked zealot during my macro cycle which I didn't react to as cloaked units don't show on the minimap and basically wins the game right there. Protoss is sooo fucking hard. Well it was probably nice for the viewers that LancerX was bad enough that he needed 20 more minutes to finish the game.

So Aztec being my last hope, I go for 2 factories but it gets of course scouted with a zealot first opening because LancerX is not braindead. So yeah, another macro game on Aztec incoming where Terran can never secure more than 5 bases (and 2 only have 1000 mineral patches) and Protoss gets 7-8 and the only way to kill a Protosss expansion without losing to a counter is to get a good engagement in the middle because every base except for the inner once are super far away and you need the window of protoss rebuilding his army, otherwise he just kills 2 of your bases for his one.
So yeah, doesn't take a genius to guess the outcome, not even talking about the general carrier and arbiter friendliness.
I bet 2pac was sitting in his armchair thinking with a smile after he saw my games:"1 down, 5 to go."

After I wrote all of this, what I actually really wanted to say is:
Fuck you 2pac and your bullshit.

So I'm done.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 00:22:52
March 07 2016 00:22 GMT
#77
On March 07 2016 09:05 Cryoc wrote:
So 1-2 weeks before Christmas I asked 2Pacalypse- for a schedule regarding the TLSC because I already knew at the time that I would not be able to play at my home desk for several weeks in February, March due to work and I would not be able to play at my best because of this. But the time for that was a little bit flexible so some information would have been nice. I had to make the arrangements fast though.

But of course who would have a schedule 3 weeks before a 3 month tour starts? Alas, no schedule was available and I had to guess the length of the qualifier which naturally went horribly wrong, seeing the announcement after New Years stating a preliminary phase, which is longer than the actual Championship. So my time away from home would start right at the time the elimination bracket begins.

But misfortunes never come singly. An additional look at the "amazing" mappool and I strongly considered not participating at all. Thinking it over, my optimistic self thought, okay they want to sort out the surplus of Terrans in the foreign scene for whatever reason like SSL11. Afterwards they surely won't pick such ridiculous maps, so I started training and participating anyway.

Fast forward to the end of the preliminaries, I got some decent results with an improved TvP despite the maps and tried to play the tiebreaker games away from home, as the result didn't matter much to me, as it would just decide if the next games would be a TvP if I lose or a most likely TvP if I win(which it would have been anyway). And as you could see vs Julia, my skill was not even close to what I am capable of. So for the next Round I would definitely go home to play better games.

And then I see the maps, again a Terran graveyard, infact the same I fell into in TLS3. Thank you very much.
So basically my plan for the series was to win the games on Electric Circuit and Fighting Spirit and if I am very lucky a game with cheese on Aztec.

So for the first game I planned a strong 3base +1 timing attack to kill him outright, which went as expected until he kills a control group of vultures with a cloaked zealot during my macro cycle which I didn't react to as cloaked units don't show on the minimap and basically wins the game right there. Protoss is sooo fucking hard. Well it was probably nice for the viewers that LancerX was bad enough that he needed 20 more minutes to finish the game.

So Aztec being my last hope, I go for 2 factories but it gets of course scouted with a zealot first opening because LancerX is not braindead. So yeah, another macro game on Aztec incoming where Terran can never secure more than 5 bases (and 2 only have 1000 mineral patches) and Protoss gets 7-8 and the only way to kill a Protosss expansion without losing to a counter is to get a good engagement in the middle because every base except for the inner once are super far away and you need the window of protoss rebuilding his army, otherwise he just kills 2 of your bases for his one.
So yeah, doesn't take a genius to guess the outcome, not even talking about the general carrier and arbiter friendliness.
I bet 2pac was sitting in his armchair thinking with a smile after he saw my games:"1 down, 5 to go."

After I wrote all of this, what I actually really wanted to say is:
Fuck you 2pac and your bullshit.

So I'm done.

Sad to hear about how terrible things went for you despite working hard to prep for the matchup with Lancerx (amongst other things). However, I don't think talking badly about your opponent or one of the main organizers is a great idea. Venting is understandable though but there are better ways to vent.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
kingfish-
Profile Joined January 2016
12 Posts
March 07 2016 00:47 GMT
#78
No one can prepare for lancerx, not even lancerx is prepared for what he does in games.
Bakuryu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany1065 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 01:27:27
March 07 2016 01:12 GMT
#79
im in the same situation as Cryoc because i already knew around december that i will be away for 1-2 weeks and also often bugged 2pac for schedule/maps..... i just want to add in that this tournament so far has been a nightmare to prepare for anything. each prelim round, sunday (and often most of saturday) was completely wasted because we only got to know our enemy on monday. so you had to prepare when there are the fewest people online to play with because of work and stuff. And now for ro32 we had 7 days total to prepare 2 new maps, while hoping we predicted this round correctly so reallife gives us enough time. i was very lucky that zaraki wasnt able to play otherwise it might have been hard for me because i could only prepare on saturday/sunday (after work) after the maps were announced because the other days i was working, packing my baggage and preparing my trip for japan, flying to japan and setting up everything for bw at the hostel after i arrived on saturday morning so that after i slept, i could play the games.

well now we have the maps and we can predict our enemy, great. but i dont think there is any real time to prepare new builds or even map specific builds besides random all ins because there just isnt enough time. At most you will see our usual fs builds just being adjusted enough to work on those non-fs maps.... or stupid bad played/executed stuff being thrown at each other....

now i have to practice here at hostel with slow pc, no ability to host (so i cant ladder) and still only being able to play monday-friday because on sunday i went to an event and solved my jetlag, while still fiddling around with the pc to get the settings right. if a miracle happens and i beat trutacz, i cant practice again on saturday/sunday because of concerts (the reason i actually went to japan).....i pack everything on monday, fly back home on tuesday and then can finally practice again after work for 3 and a half days until i play again on saturday. gl hf!

for next tournament, please use ladder prelims or qualifier tournaments and please release the maps earlier.... way earlier.....
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 08:30:32
March 07 2016 03:54 GMT
#80
On March 07 2016 05:46 538 wrote:
vOddy must be really confident in this build if he staked his advancement on it by using it two times in a row. Great fan service, but I feel he unnecessarily risked the series after looking comfortably superior in game 1.


I don't do "fan service".
I want to show worthy games for the viewers that don't waste their time, but I I play in the way that I believe gives me the best chance of winning. Which is the best way to serve fans of StarCraft anyway - playing at the highest level you are capable of.

DragOn helped me prepare for this PvZ, and he kicked my ass. But I won a few games with corsair reaver, so I decided to use it in the tournament.

if I am very lucky a game with cheese on Aztec.


I don't think that Aztec is a bad map for Terran. It's hard when you start out playing on it as a beginner, but once you learn how to use it to Terran's advantage, it becomes a fine map. It ended up being my strongest map for TvP once I figured out how to play on it (I played on it exclusively because I was sick of losing on it against Protoss). In ICCup tournaments, I would pick Aztec if my opponent was Protoss, and I don't remember ever losing a TvP tournament game on it.

In fact, the post KeSPA statistics for it are:

PvT: 8-11 (42.1%)

TvZ: 10-3 (76.9%)

A small sample size, but still.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1225
ComeBackTV 597
SteadfastSC468
TaKeTV 430
LamboSC2390
IndyStarCraft 165
Rex137
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 468
LamboSC2 390
mouzHeroMarine 245
IndyStarCraft 165
ProTech150
Rex 137
BRAT_OK 75
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32665
Shuttle 1872
Mini 921
EffOrt 893
Light 577
Rush 335
firebathero 329
Soma 303
Snow 206
ZerO 174
[ Show more ]
hero 163
sorry 63
Killer 44
Liquid`Ret 38
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 30
Mong 29
Sexy 24
Bale 21
soO 20
Trap 19
Shine 18
Free 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8439
qojqva1282
Dendi971
420jenkins144
Counter-Strike
fl0m1219
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2035
crisheroes1252
XaKoH 186
MindelVK6
Other Games
singsing2059
B2W.Neo1080
Hui .197
Liquid`VortiX194
ArmadaUGS165
QueenE104
KnowMe103
Mew2King91
Beastyqt88
Trikslyr63
ToD40
Dewaltoss29
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile117
• Gemini_19 17
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3154
• TFBlade1104
Other Games
• Shiphtur251
• WagamamaTV211
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 52m
Stellar Fest
20h 52m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.