IEEE CIG 2015 StarCraft AI Competition:
The website for the CIG 2015 StarCraft AI Competition has launched today. Submitting a bot is now possible. The submission deadline is July 15, 2015.
- Game type is 1 vs.1 full game StarCraft: BroodWar 1.16.1 with fog-of-war enabled
- Bots will be run in a native Windows 7 environment.
- Using BWAPI which is 3.7.4 as well as the newest version released before June, 2014, which will be 4.X
- Time limit is 86400 frames (60min). After that time, In-game score will be used to determine the winner
- Full Round-robin tournament, with as many rounds as possible. If participants are increased, we will execute a qualifying round.
Ride of Valkyries
LetaBot went into the SSCAIT2014 with some well crafted rush and timing attacks. Ever since this event, new bots like Tscmoo use strategies that prevent a defeat from early game attacks. Other bots will have to develop these strategies as well, or their games will be a repeat of what happened in the SSCAI 2014.
With early strategies out of the picture, we are going to see more longer games between the top bots. In these macro games, the improved mineral gathering from LetaBot will prove crucial. However, better unit production can still lose against better micro-management.
Thus the question for this competition becomes: " Does a BWAPI bot benefit more from spending CPU on macro or micro? "
Feel free to post your own predictions on what kind of games we will see. Or speculate on which bot will win.