• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10794 users

[NEWS] Kosiro claims that he didn't cheat - Page 13

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
September 24 2006 21:06 GMT
#241
shit that he cheated
he should get banned from tlnet

I don't think that he is a bad guy for doing that tho, maybe if I was drunk I'd do the same? I mean he did wrong, but it's not a thing that people should throw stones at him, like if he was a terrible very bad person.

The punishment is just for learning purpposes, next time he just says he is fucked up, explains situation and says "I'm really sorry, I really practiced on the maps so I could show my skills, but I just couldn't refuse the invitation for drinking from a superior".
For the Swarm!
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
September 24 2006 21:09 GMT
#242
On September 25 2006 02:07 Manifesto7 wrote:
I just talked to Blizzard and Pantech. He cheated. End of story. The details are confidential at this point, but they will probably be leaked in the future. Lets move on for next week.


end of story guys?
once blizzard says it, whether or not he really did cheat or not, it's official. their tournament, their rules.

*sigh*........
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 24 2006 21:18 GMT
#243
On September 25 2006 06:06 Raidern wrote:
shit that he cheated
he should get banned from tlnet

I don't think that he is a bad guy for doing that tho, maybe if I was drunk I'd do the same? I mean he did wrong, but it's not a thing that people should throw stones at him, like if he was a terrible very bad person.

The punishment is just for learning purpposes, next time he just says he is fucked up, explains situation and says "I'm really sorry, I really practiced on the maps so I could show my skills, but I just couldn't refuse the invitation for drinking from a superior".


in korea if an superior invites to drink you almost can't refuse
ToT)MidiaN(
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
England2183 Posts
September 24 2006 21:19 GMT
#244
On September 24 2006 18:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
ok i compared the hotkeys of about 10 firefist replays under different smurfs, etc. He is the most inconsistent hotkeyer i have ever seen. There's really not a stable, identifiable pattern. I guess the only thing you can say is that he sometimes uses 2 or 3 or 2/3 for hatches at start, then hotkeys 1 a lot, then units, regroup for hatches with 5-7, then back to units. The only thing I'm sure about is that for the 2-3 replays of him having 380 apm and using 123456 as hatches at the start, that's definitely not him, i don't know who it is. Besides that everything else is a maybe. If there were more candidates I could compare but guessing firefist is probably the only zerg on pantech that has 250-300 apm and those apm %, it most likely was him.


that's probably shinhwa[name], dream.t)orion also used sea.firefist in some replays that were uploaded (against sea[shield] and ever)t(piano)
Nothing worth doing is devoid of risk
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 24 2006 21:28 GMT
#245
hmm yea shinhwa does the 1,2,3,4,5,6 thing. That would mean then that in the 2005 2nd fOu team league semi-finals sea vs s.sir, shinhwa[name] played for sea.firefist, -.-.....

in fact shinhwa played every game for firefist in that tourney except for dudring name vs sea. SCANDAL
ToT)MidiaN(
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
England2183 Posts
September 24 2006 21:42 GMT
#246
yep firefist does a lot of acc sharing ._.
Nothing worth doing is devoid of risk
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
September 24 2006 21:54 GMT
#247
Nice detective work guys!

Such an unfortunate set of circumstances though. T_T

Wish it would've turned out differently.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
September 24 2006 23:38 GMT
#248
ahahahahaha while I am sorta mad at Kosiro being our first choice and alll..
I can't help but laugh at Sea clan and how unbelieveably ballsily cute they are.
Quite some Kawaii Bollocks they gots tharrrgghhh matey
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
shinigami
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada423 Posts
September 25 2006 00:13 GMT
#249
MidiaN! I have a new deep respect for you.
This broodwar forensics is crazy stuff. I never knew the replay analyzer could be used like that...
While reading the posts, I believed in Kosiro. Then when Mani posted, I obviously (read forced to) sided with his opinions.

MidiaN slammed it down with damning evidence.

Ergo, the moral I've learned is not to get MidiaN or Mani's comments on my ass.
I was thinking about joining a debate club, but I was talked out of it.
DarK]N[exuS
Profile Joined April 2006
China1441 Posts
September 25 2006 00:21 GMT
#250
Replay analysis is not some amazing crazy science or something though....

But yea, bye Kosiro =[
Where joy exists despair will always beckon.
YoUr_KiLLeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States3420 Posts
September 25 2006 00:47 GMT
#251
On September 25 2006 01:37 superjoppe wrote:
I'd suck and have low apm if I played in an Internet Café too.
And if I was in bad shape, I'd do all-in strategies when I came back home too.

I believe Kosiro and I think its funny that someone else just claimed it wasnt him without no proof.

...

read the thread before posting?
what the fuck do you have to say for yourself now you protoss jackass can you retaliate in any way
Nal_CrayOn
Profile Joined December 2004
600 Posts
September 25 2006 00:52 GMT
#252
In the pgr21.com, kosiro still denying the cheating insidence.

However he is shocked because "fighterforum" journalists called 'pantech' house and kept asking about this situation lol, and wanted to interview him about it. ;p

I guess our fifo leader acted very fast ;p. Although he is still denying anyways so no one knows yet -0-. From his recent comment, he basically said he didn't played like normal and tried '121212' hotkey habit because he was 'tired' and wanted to finish game fast.

Anyway i thought plto wanted orion in tl.net ;p although lionking is fucken sexy zerg.
#1 Pharmacist zerg~ =]
iNsaNe-
Profile Joined January 2005
Finland5201 Posts
September 25 2006 01:01 GMT
#253
On September 25 2006 09:52 Nal_CrayOn wrote:
I guess our fifo leader acted very fast ;p. Although he is still denying anyways so no one knows yet -0-. From his recent comment, he basically said he didn't played like normal and tried '121212' hotkey habit because he was 'tired' and wanted to finish game fast.


Just like IdrA was using hotkey 5 for CC in that one game because he suddenly thought his TvP was lacking cause of not enough SCV:s, damn.
It takes a fool to remain sane.
iD.NicKy
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
France767 Posts
September 25 2006 01:15 GMT
#254
i think we all want he didnt cheat
but it's so obvious hehe T_T
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 01:18:14
September 25 2006 01:18 GMT
#255
On September 25 2006 09:52 Nal_CrayOn wrote:
In the pgr21.com, kosiro still denying the cheating insidence.

However he is shocked because "fighterforum" journalists called 'pantech' house and kept asking about this situation lol, and wanted to interview him about it. ;p

I guess our fifo leader acted very fast ;p. Although he is still denying anyways so no one knows yet -0-. From his recent comment, he basically said he didn't played like normal and tried '121212' hotkey habit because he was 'tired' and wanted to finish game fast.

Anyway i thought plto wanted orion in tl.net ;p although lionking is fucken sexy zerg.

Hm, I wanted Orion in sandlot long ago but I heard he couldn't play ;/
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Nal_CrayOn
Profile Joined December 2004
600 Posts
September 25 2006 01:24 GMT
#256
oh alright ;]

insane- - was just mentioning his point heh. It's so obvious anyways but oh well. Let's just say, he realized how huge non-korean community power and this sandlot league. He is prob very freaked out from all those phone call from sc journalist's interview request to pantech.
#1 Pharmacist zerg~ =]
NonYold
Profile Joined April 2004
United States2814 Posts
September 25 2006 01:34 GMT
#257
I like the non-BWchart investigation. A lot of it is circumstantial but it seems enough of it has piled up to be conclusive. Also there is, as Manifesto mentioned, unreleased details that we cannot judge by but will remain private. In that case, I have faith in his discretion. Regarding the BWchart and hotkey fingerprint, I am still skeptical. This certainty that people have about identifying players based on the actions done in the first 60 seconds would absolutely be false regarding investigations into my own personal replays. And since Midian/zulu only speak in generalaties, apparently from the trends that they have observed in their own experiences as BWchart investigators, I'm worried.

When taking a scientific approach such as BWchart analysis as the cornerstone method of destroying someone's character, and yet that scientific approach is not backed by the standards of true science, I believe people are making grave mistakes. In all honesty, I've kept the notion in my head that kosiro has been guilty ever since I first read the news. However I believe it's important that he not be persecuted for reasons which aren't convincing, even if further investigation would show those reasons to be convincing. The further investigation must be done. In any case, I think it's turned out ok. I'm simply curious about the continual denial that kosiro is making, and of course I'm curious about the secret details that have solidified the decisions of the leaders involved.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8925 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 01:41:45
September 25 2006 01:36 GMT
#258
On September 24 2006 16:06 penitent exile wrote:
     [removed quote within quote]

100% surety is theoretically necessary in American criminal courts, no?


As I quote from page 3, since that's as far as I've read...

Civil courts work on a balance of probabilities. And it's not like this has anything at all to do with a criminal offense, so it's only necessary to show that it is 'more likely' that he cheated than didn't cheat. If this was a criminal matter, then yes, he would have to be convicted "without a shadow of a doubt".

That's why O.J. got busted down in civil court but got off in criminal court.

If you're looking for some kind of legal basis on which to make your decision, then you have to use the civil criteria, as this is a matter between private citizens.

Sorry, that was random.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
sTrAtO
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Mexico1084 Posts
September 25 2006 01:39 GMT
#259
1st game: Kosiro
3rd game: kosiro[shield]

rofl?
http://strato.liquidpoker.net/
Beardfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States525 Posts
September 25 2006 02:50 GMT
#260
Too bad he couldn't have just admitted it once people started getting suspicious..
Now he's regarded as both a cheater AND a fool.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 339
Codebar 72
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37266
Calm 3767
Bisu 2419
Shuttle 1364
FanTaSy 1351
Mini 517
Hyuk 417
Stork 350
EffOrt 285
actioN 261
[ Show more ]
Barracks 192
firebathero 191
Rush 183
Snow 145
Dewaltoss 116
Zeus 74
Shinee 45
Sharp 34
Liquid`Ret 33
Hyun 30
soO 29
Yoon 26
Bale 25
Free 24
Pusan 24
HiyA 19
Aegong 17
PianO 16
Shine 15
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7917
Dendi1082
XaKoH 281
League of Legends
KnowMe47
Counter-Strike
x6flipin536
Fnx 64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes663
Other Games
singsing2455
hiko1527
FrodaN843
Beastyqt487
mouzStarbuck296
byalli200
Livibee195
Liquid`VortiX158
C9.Mang0119
RotterdaM97
Trikslyr62
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV427
Other Games
• Shiphtur977
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 44m
Replay Cast
6h 29m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.