• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:11
CEST 21:11
KST 04:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7927 users

Crimson Starleague Invitational

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-15 06:30:39
October 27 2013 02:49 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Picture credit to Fabiano.


This is the Crimson Starleague Invitational!


(Wiki)Crimson Starleague Invitational


Background:
Based off of the Yellow Starleague, I wanted to make a similar league, but not entirely for C-rankers. Originally, I was intending on doing a D-ranks only invitational, but as Lmaster decided to impose his rules on strict D-rank only in DRIT, I figured I might as well go into everyone from D- to C.

Anyways, basically, I invited everyone who was considered to be too strong to play in D-ranks now, and everyone else similar, to play in a league with a motivation to win. (There will be monetary prizes.) I invited people from D-ranks to people I just wanted to come play. I was originally thinking about inviting someone like TechnicS to play off-race, but thought against it, because I still want the rest of us to have a chance of winning.

The format of the league will be MSL style. with 32 players being distributed among 8 groups, and two top players exiting the groups into the Round-of-16 while the two bottom players are eliminated.

Example:
+ Show Spoiler +
Player A <Game 1> Player B
Player C <Game 2> Player D
Winner of Game 1 <Game 3> Winner of Game 2
Loser of Game 1 <Game 4> Loser of Game 2
Loser of Game 3 <Game 5> Winner of Game 4

Winners of Game 3 and Game 5 will advance.


Desginated game times
Designated channel is Op Crimson

Ro32 Group games - Saturday, Nov 16 5:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Ro16 games- Saturday, Nov 23 5:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Ro8 games - Saturday, Nov 30 5:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Ro4 games - Saturday, Dec 07 5:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Finals/Third Place - Saturday, Dec 14 5:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)


WINNERS MUST SEND REPLAYS TO crimsonstarleague@live.com


PLAYERS

ZERG
+ Show Spoiler +
NAME / TL ID

Artanis[xp] / Artanis[xp]
sabas[AoV] / sabas123
Jemah / Jemah
ninazerg / ninazerg
Birdie / Birdie
art_of_turtle / art_of_turtle
dazed. / dazed_spy
L3gendary / L3gendary
jacklinks / STTB
CityShuffle / Myujinsan


PROTOSS
+ Show Spoiler +
NAME / TL ID

Lmaster / L_Master
pSi2]TheMarine / t0ssboy
RulzBoooM / ggrrg
LTY / LTY
Fear_Chaos / Fear_Chaos
Sentenal / Sentenal
Mellial / thezanursic
castle[eMg] / LaZeRKiD45
Ever)P(TelecoM / GGzerG
Echo / EchOne
EleGant[AoV] / ImbaToSS
BaD]SeeD / chrisolo
MVP / Prodigy.MvP


TERRAN
+ Show Spoiler +
NAME / TL ID

RedAxis / SynC[gm]
Hyeon / Hyeon
[SAM]Gohan / Pit667
mG.arb / arb
Rlentless / Rlentless
DsT-Napoleon / DsT-Napoleon
Comsat / Lannix
DarkNetHunter / DarkNetHunter
Stardom(OD) / LightningStrike



[image loading]


Poll: Group of Death?

Group H (7)
 
35%

Group D (5)
 
25%

Group A (3)
 
15%

Group C (3)
 
15%

Group E (1)
 
5%

Group F (1)
 
5%

Group B (0)
 
0%

Group G (0)
 
0%

20 total votes

Your vote: Group of Death?

(Vote): Group A
(Vote): Group B
(Vote): Group C
(Vote): Group D
(Vote): Group E
(Vote): Group F
(Vote): Group G
(Vote): Group H



MAPS

(4) Fighting Spirit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(4) Neo Ground Zero
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(2) Overwatch
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(2) Match Point
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(3) Neo Aztec
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(2) Benzene
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(4) Eye of the Storm
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


(4) Andromeda
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Map Order

Ro32 Groups

<Match Point>
<Match Point>
<Andromeda>
<Andromeda>
<Benzene>

Ro16 Best-of-3

<Fighting Spirit>
<Benzene>
<Neo Ground Zero>

Ro8 Best-of-3

<Eye of the Storm>
<Overwatch>
<Neo Aztec>

Ro4 Best-of-5

<Andromeda>
<Match Point>
<Fighting Spirit>
<Benzene>
<Eye of the Storm>

Third-place Best-of-5
<Fighting Spirit>
<Overwatch>
<Neo Ground Zero>
<Neo Aztec>
<Fighting Spirit>

FINALS Best-of-7
Finalists will each have a map veto from the 8 maps, resulting in a final 6-map pool. Set 1 map will also be the Set 7 map.
<Map 1>
<Map 2>
<Map 3>
<Map 4>
<Map 5>
<Map 6>
<Map 1>


MAP-PACK
http://www.mediafire.com/?dl3i9je7p3w80


RULES
1. Players are allowed to reschedule, but not past the deadline it is required to be played on. If postponements are absolutely necessary, then please PM me.
2. Players are not allowed to race-pick and are not allowed to change races during the tournament. Players that do not play with their original race must let me know BEFORE the league starts.
3. If players do not make contact with their opponents, PM me and I will make the decision regarding walkovers or rescheduling.
4. All games must be played with Anti-Hack and ChaosLauncher with LAN Latency.
5. If a player disconnects within 2 minutes of the start of a game, then the game must be replayed. If a player disconnects past the 2 minute mark, please contact me and show me the replay. I will make the decision regarding a regame, or whether a verdict will be made.




REPLAYS

ROUND-OF-32
REPLAYS

ROUND-OF-16
REPLAYS

ROUND-OF-8
REPLAYS

SEMI-FINALS
REPLAYS

FINALS
REPLAYS


If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

If there are any casters willing to cast, please post in thread.
SynC[gm] - http://twitch.tv/redaxis_
tonight - http://twitch.tv/tonightsend
LightningStrike - http://twitch.tv/stardomod
ninazerg - http://twitch.tv/ninazerg
twitch.tv/dizzywee
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
October 27 2013 03:28 GMT
#2
More Starcraft is always good you should use non-Fighting Spirit maps
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
October 27 2013 03:32 GMT
#3
Yeah, I'm still thinking about maps. I might have to use Fighting Spirit just to please everybody, but I might be going through with maps like Gladiator, Chain Reaction, and other maps that were used at the end of Proleague/MSL/OSL.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
October 27 2013 03:53 GMT
#4
Please try something that makes people play a bit uncomfortable like Blue Storm or something... :D
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
October 27 2013 04:28 GMT
#5
Nice! This is great, why the name "Crimson" though if I may ask?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 27 2013 04:40 GMT
#6
I'm in!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
andreyyisbestandrey
Profile Joined September 2010
154 Posts
October 27 2013 04:48 GMT
#7
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 27 2013 05:01 GMT
#8
Sounds awesome, hopefully I get an invite
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
October 27 2013 05:27 GMT
#9
where's my invite
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
October 27 2013 05:30 GMT
#10
Oh it is invite only? Well I expect an invite obviously
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
LoCcxitO.o
Profile Joined July 2012
Peru104 Posts
October 27 2013 05:31 GMT
#11
On October 27 2013 14:27 tonight wrote:
where's my invite


and me? :p
SouL Gaming
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
October 27 2013 05:31 GMT
#12
also, i'm willing to cast
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Magreidis
Profile Joined May 2013
Lithuania146 Posts
October 27 2013 05:31 GMT
#13
Hmm, nice seed invite going on in foreirgn scene! OSUM
http://www.twitch.tv/thescriptan From zero to Grand Master Coming Soon!!!
MinscandBoo
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
252 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-27 06:52:34
October 27 2013 06:49 GMT
#14
On October 27 2013 13:48 andreyyisbestandrey wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc

<3 andrey, hope to see you win tomorrow!
cool tourney, looking forward to watching. roughly when can we expect more concrete details?(players/dates/maps/prize pool)
edit: should be the orange starleague given that it seems you will be inviting largely D+/C- players who were cut from the DRIT
Swords! Not words!
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
October 27 2013 07:16 GMT
#15
Nice ;D Hopefully I'll get an invite, might be the needed motivation to finally start 1on1 training..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
October 27 2013 14:38 GMT
#16
On October 27 2013 13:28 GGzerG wrote:
Nice! This is great, why the name "Crimson" though if I may ask?

Originally, I was going to have it just be D-rankers, which are red ranks, but as the restriction on DRIT was placed, I just figured the ranks should be extended to C-rankers too. I guess Minscandboo's idea of it being Orange Starleague makes sense, but Crimson sounds cooler ;D

On October 27 2013 15:49 MinscandBoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2013 13:48 andreyyisbestandrey wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc

<3 andrey, hope to see you win tomorrow!
cool tourney, looking forward to watching. roughly when can we expect more concrete details?(players/dates/maps/prize pool)
edit: should be the orange starleague given that it seems you will be inviting largely D+/C- players who were cut from the DRIT

As for the details of the tourney, the players will be revealed once 32 players have accepted the invite. There's still many I've PM'ed but haven't heard back from, so there's that, but I'm still open to inviting others. I can tell you right now that there's about 25 people that's accepted though.
The tourney will start in roughly a month or so, maybe a bit earlier.
I'm still thinking of maps. Again, I can't help but leave Fighting Spirit in there, since that's THE map that people just has to play on, but I also want to bring in newer maps that haven't been played in other leagues recently.
Prize pool will be revealed later on. Of course, if anyone wants to donate to the prize pool, shoot me a PM.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Prodigy.MvP
Profile Joined September 2013
Canada176 Posts
October 27 2013 15:36 GMT
#17
whats the criteria on who gets "invited" ?
im 15 years old folks!
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
October 27 2013 15:40 GMT
#18
On October 28 2013 00:36 Prodigy.MvP wrote:
whats the criteria on who gets "invited" ?

Anyone really, but roughly around the range of D+ to C. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'll invite everyone that is D+ or C, nor does it mean I won't try to invite someone that's ranked higher than C.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
October 27 2013 15:46 GMT
#19
I'd assume inviting active people that have been playing in these sorts of events is a plus.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Prodigy.MvP
Profile Joined September 2013
Canada176 Posts
October 27 2013 16:51 GMT
#20
I want a invite X_X
im 15 years old folks!
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TaKeTV 324
TKL 306
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 306
IndyStarCraft 211
MaxPax 153
BRAT_OK 99
UpATreeSC 94
JuggernautJason48
ZombieGrub47
Nathanias 34
EmSc Tv 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
ggaemo 160
White-Ra 146
firebathero 92
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 27
Bale 25
Trap 24
Shine 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 15
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva5457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 789
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1612
Trikslyr62
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4047
summit1g2405
singsing1382
Beastyqt800
ceh9639
shahzam450
B2W.Neo366
C9.Mang0148
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe124
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream419
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 172
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• TFBlade989
Other Games
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.