• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:46
CEST 00:46
KST 07:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8460 users

DRTL 5 Official League Thread - Page 24

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 109 Next
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
September 09 2013 20:10 GMT
#461
Ok, Napoleon and I are going to play TOMORROW at 8PMEST. He finally did PM me.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
September 09 2013 23:44 GMT
#462
On September 09 2013 21:36 SynC[gm] wrote:
Any updates from Hwaiting Oz/Airforce Ace of Spades and TAKK/Stealth Bunnies?
+ Show Spoiler +
Only update I got is that Hyeon beat Yadong. Still waiting on the lmaster/noddy game, but its otherwise 3-1 in TAKK's favour.

Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
September 09 2013 23:46 GMT
#463
On September 10 2013 08:44 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 21:36 SynC[gm] wrote:
Any updates from Hwaiting Oz/Airforce Ace of Spades and TAKK/Stealth Bunnies?
+ Show Spoiler +
Only update I got is that Hyeon beat Yadong. Still waiting on the lmaster/noddy game, but its otherwise 3-1 in TAKK's favour.


+ Show Spoiler +
I think L_Master and Noddy are playing tomorrow, I haven't actually doublechecked with both of them though.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Orite
Profile Joined July 2013
Germany143 Posts
September 10 2013 00:47 GMT
#464
Is there a way we could let play D- players vs D- and the stronger ones vs stronger players?
Swarm since 2004 • www.redclan.de • ㅈㅈ
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-10 01:06:01
September 10 2013 01:05 GMT
#465
On September 10 2013 09:47 orite wrote:
Is there a way we could let play D- players vs D- and the stronger ones vs stronger players?


That's what pebble had suggested before the season started:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=422548#13

Unfortunately, the idea fell through since it couldn't gather much support
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
September 10 2013 01:13 GMT
#466
There would be no point in setting a lineup then
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
September 10 2013 01:59 GMT
#467
On September 10 2013 09:47 orite wrote:
Is there a way we could let play D- players vs D- and the stronger ones vs stronger players?

I like playing D- terrans, though.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
smokeybear2
Profile Joined February 2013
United States51 Posts
September 10 2013 02:09 GMT
#468
O yea and if I do play a Terran opponent I will be Zerg. I don't tvt so I zvt instead.
Be 4 life
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
September 10 2013 02:11 GMT
#469
I'll actually be in favor of such a movement if it inspires my D- players to play more. Too rare is it that I see players claw their way out of that level.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
September 10 2013 03:23 GMT
#470
You could determine who the D+/C- players are and determine the lower level players are and then designate 2 maps per week for the lower level players. That and set up some sort of promotion system for future seasons to get the higher level players into CRTL .
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
September 10 2013 03:26 GMT
#471
I don't really think it's even a skill thing, but really a time investment thing. Some people, most in this league, are just playing for fun and don't truly practice and train relentlessly to get better. They practice to win versus their opponent, but that's about as far as the effort goes. I know I am exactly the same way. Yeah, if this were 5years ago I'd probably be playing all the time, but now I'll play 1 or 2 games before my match and then nothing in between.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 10 2013 05:49 GMT
#472
On September 10 2013 12:23 L3gendary wrote:
You could determine who the D+/C- players are and determine the lower level players are and then designate 2 maps per week for the lower level players. That and set up some sort of promotion system for future seasons to get the higher level players into CRTL .

or you could divide the high ranked players between teams and break up the monopoly of one or two teams having all the C- or better players imo.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
September 10 2013 06:07 GMT
#473
see: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=428429&currentpage=3#53
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
September 10 2013 14:52 GMT
#474
At this point during the season, it is a bit pointless to have a discussion of whether or not certain players should leave or the discussion of the true meaning of C-/D- and what have you. Maybe at the end of the first half of the season, as DRTL 5 is set up so that there is a bit of a break between the first 7 weeks and then the next 7 weeks we can decide what to do then. But in the meantime, as the season is already progressing, might as well keep moving forward for the time being.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
September 10 2013 21:11 GMT
#475
If any team playing Courage wants to make a gentleman's agreement to have one of your beginners play one of our beginners (KazeHydra, Epoxide, Atombomb, Kibibit) just contact us.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
September 11 2013 00:02 GMT
#476
Napoleon, what the shit? I keep showing up and you keep not T__________________T
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
September 11 2013 00:25 GMT
#477
Ok, Napoleon 3time no showed. So, now I am definitely taking the walkover. It's shitty because he kept giving times that weren't even that great for me and I kept showing up, but he was no where to be found. I'm pretty salty about it.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
September 11 2013 00:29 GMT
#478
Courage vs Sun Khan final results:
+ Show Spoiler +
SunKhan v Courage
jjwhg <Fighting Spirit> Shuruken
Lightson <Pamir Plataeu> RedAxis
Napoleon <Destination> Tonight (WO)
Orite <Circuit Breaker> Rlentless
Xkcd <Resonance II> Sentenal

Courage wins 4-1.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Hyeon
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Korea (South)462 Posts
September 11 2013 00:43 GMT
#479
On September 10 2013 03:55 L3gendary wrote:
I updated the player ranks. Let me know if there any errors or typos. Players are ranked by total wins>wins>least total losses>least forfeit losses (ffl).

Player Ranking!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



interesting, Cityshuffle's 2 losses.

Also, i don't want to make issues here but i saw Orite is C- or something, is it allowed to play that current C- player can play in DRTL?

(I'm just curious about this, seriously.)
oO
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
September 11 2013 02:10 GMT
#480
On September 11 2013 09:43 Hyeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 03:55 L3gendary wrote:
I updated the player ranks. Let me know if there any errors or typos. Players are ranked by total wins>wins>least total losses>least forfeit losses (ffl).

Player Ranking!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



interesting, Cityshuffle's 2 losses.

Also, i don't want to make issues here but i saw Orite is C- or something, is it allowed to play that current C- player can play in DRTL?

(I'm just curious about this, seriously.)

RulzBoooM is C-, Orite is C-, tonight is C-, and a couple of other people are C-. There's quite a number of C- players.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 499
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 93
Dota 2
monkeys_forever391
League of Legends
Doublelift3881
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4301
Liquid`Hasu484
Other Games
summit1g11816
FrodaN1558
JimRising 331
KnowMe239
Livibee197
ViBE86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra949
Other Games
• imaqtpie1081
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 14m
Patches Events
16h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 14m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.