• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:48
CEST 12:48
KST 19:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9058 users

D Ranks Individual Tournament Season 5 - Page 20

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 28 Next All
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 00:50:10
January 28 2013 21:11 GMT
#381
On January 29 2013 00:47 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 15:34 Sentenal wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:27 L_Master wrote:
On January 27 2013 14:32 Sentenal wrote:
On January 27 2013 12:12 Nagisama wrote:
VODS
+ Show Spoiler +




+ Show Spoiler +
I really liked Nagi's "What the fuck What the fuck WHAT THE FUCK" during my push break, lol

On a different note...
Dear L_Master, wins/losses in BW aren't determined by how many minerals you are banking.


I'm not sure I'm on record as saying they are. But it is one factor that CAN play a deciding role in the outcome of a game.

If you added the word "always" between aren't and determined then I would agree with you. There is a reason that newer players are told above all else to focus on macro. If you have 2x or 3x the stuff of the other player you're going to be able to win almost always, regardless of the strategy.

The timing of when a player ends up with lots of excess resources can also have a big effect. If someone banks 1.5k right before they were to get 8 gated in TvP that could have disastrous consequences. If it happened during the battle after they had primarily held and they causally added a few more facts and got that money back down it would probably have a negligible effect...even if it wouldn't be optimally efficient.

Well, "Eric Morgan" is on record for talking shit, saying things like "I do not understand how Sentenal ever wins", because I'm always "banking craazy sums every game", and have "D- Macro". Just saying, how much you have in your bank doesn't determine who wins.

It doesn't help your reputation that you are the king of 2 gate lol. I think that combined with the banking creates a pretty clear foundation for such presumptions.

Presumptions like how I was going to get "DESTROYED" in the Ro16?
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
January 29 2013 00:53 GMT
#382
On January 29 2013 06:11 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 00:47 Jealous wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:34 Sentenal wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:27 L_Master wrote:
On January 27 2013 14:32 Sentenal wrote:
On January 27 2013 12:12 Nagisama wrote:
VODS
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSb5djUCgjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EEMpN-Bfz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6unsdDyyEs

+ Show Spoiler +
I really liked Nagi's "What the fuck What the fuck WHAT THE FUCK" during my push break, lol

On a different note...
Dear L_Master, wins/losses in BW aren't determined by how many minerals you are banking.


I'm not sure I'm on record as saying they are. But it is one factor that CAN play a deciding role in the outcome of a game.

If you added the word "always" between aren't and determined then I would agree with you. There is a reason that newer players are told above all else to focus on macro. If you have 2x or 3x the stuff of the other player you're going to be able to win almost always, regardless of the strategy.

The timing of when a player ends up with lots of excess resources can also have a big effect. If someone banks 1.5k right before they were to get 8 gated in TvP that could have disastrous consequences. If it happened during the battle after they had primarily held and they causally added a few more facts and got that money back down it would probably have a negligible effect...even if it wouldn't be optimally efficient.

Well, "Eric Morgan" is on record for talking shit, saying things like "I do not understand how Sentenal ever wins", because I'm always "banking craazy sums every game", and have "D- Macro". Just saying, how much you have in your bank doesn't determine who wins.

It doesn't help your reputation that you are the king of 2 gate lol. I think that combined with the banking creates a pretty clear foundation for such presumptions.

Presumptions like how I was going to get "DESTROYED" in the Ro16?

Yea I guess 2 gate is better than I thought against new terrans ^^;
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 29 2013 01:15 GMT
#383
On January 29 2013 09:53 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 06:11 Sentenal wrote:
On January 29 2013 00:47 Jealous wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:34 Sentenal wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:27 L_Master wrote:
On January 27 2013 14:32 Sentenal wrote:
On January 27 2013 12:12 Nagisama wrote:
VODS
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSb5djUCgjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EEMpN-Bfz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6unsdDyyEs

+ Show Spoiler +
I really liked Nagi's "What the fuck What the fuck WHAT THE FUCK" during my push break, lol

On a different note...
Dear L_Master, wins/losses in BW aren't determined by how many minerals you are banking.


I'm not sure I'm on record as saying they are. But it is one factor that CAN play a deciding role in the outcome of a game.

If you added the word "always" between aren't and determined then I would agree with you. There is a reason that newer players are told above all else to focus on macro. If you have 2x or 3x the stuff of the other player you're going to be able to win almost always, regardless of the strategy.

The timing of when a player ends up with lots of excess resources can also have a big effect. If someone banks 1.5k right before they were to get 8 gated in TvP that could have disastrous consequences. If it happened during the battle after they had primarily held and they causally added a few more facts and got that money back down it would probably have a negligible effect...even if it wouldn't be optimally efficient.

Well, "Eric Morgan" is on record for talking shit, saying things like "I do not understand how Sentenal ever wins", because I'm always "banking craazy sums every game", and have "D- Macro". Just saying, how much you have in your bank doesn't determine who wins.

It doesn't help your reputation that you are the king of 2 gate lol. I think that combined with the banking creates a pretty clear foundation for such presumptions.

Presumptions like how I was going to get "DESTROYED" in the Ro16?

Yea I guess 2 gate is better than I thought against new terrans ^^;

2gate is a pretty good build
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 01:50:32
January 29 2013 01:24 GMT
#384
So, is anyone going to stream the reps? I'll be happy to do it myself tomorrow if someone gives me the reps and if someone wants to cocast.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 29 2013 01:58 GMT
#385
On January 29 2013 10:24 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
So, is anyone going to stream the reps? I'll be happy to do it myself tomorrow if someone gives me the reps and if someone wants to cocast.


I will be casting tomorrow, was planning to today but there won't be enough time (damn you 8ams!). Pebble has his reps, though I'm not sure when he will be casting; but I'd assume tomorrow or tonight.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
January 29 2013 10:15 GMT
#386
Going to cast the RO16 with Arb at 14:00 GMT (+00:00) !!

that is 09:00 EST 18:00 MSK
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
January 29 2013 14:08 GMT
#387
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/pebble444

Cast is live!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
February 01 2013 00:39 GMT
#388
Brackets please??
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
February 01 2013 00:44 GMT
#389
On February 01 2013 09:39 Jealous wrote:
Brackets please??

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/D_Ranks_League/DRIT_5#Tournament_Stage

I'll update the last results in the Ro16 when the games are casted. If Lmaster doesn't have time to cast them, I can cast them sometime on tomorrow after classes.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
February 01 2013 00:50 GMT
#390
On February 01 2013 09:44 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:39 Jealous wrote:
Brackets please??

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/D_Ranks_League/DRIT_5#Tournament_Stage

I'll update the last results in the Ro16 when the games are casted. If Lmaster doesn't have time to cast them, I can cast them sometime on tomorrow after classes.

Just found them and went back to edit post x_x Thanks though!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
February 01 2013 01:46 GMT
#391
Is it possible for casters to add the stream to the calendar?

I'm always missing the streams...
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
February 01 2013 02:00 GMT
#392
I would if I knew how =\
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
SlowBullets
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States839 Posts
February 01 2013 02:04 GMT
#393
Wonder if shuruken will dodge if he faces Babo again LOLOL.
1:1 go sc2 LAN? Oh wait...
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
February 01 2013 02:24 GMT
#394
On February 01 2013 11:00 Nagisama wrote:
I would if I knew how =\

You have to PM CaucasianAsian
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
February 01 2013 03:05 GMT
#395
Are there still no results on Echo vs TheMarine?
twitch.tv/dizzywee
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
February 01 2013 03:10 GMT
#396
On February 01 2013 12:05 SynC[gm] wrote:
Are there still no results on Echo vs TheMarine?

Games were played but we're waiting on cast or something.
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
February 01 2013 03:28 GMT
#397
On February 01 2013 10:46 fabiano wrote:
Is it possible for casters to add the stream to the calendar?

I'm always missing the streams...


Usually D ranks events don't qualify as calendar worthy, though historically finals and semi-finals have been approved for calenderation.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 03:30:19
February 01 2013 03:30 GMT
#398
On February 01 2013 12:10 KazeHydra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 12:05 SynC[gm] wrote:
Are there still no results on Echo vs TheMarine?

Games were played but we're waiting on cast or something.

I got the replays for the last set, and I'll cast them Friday ~8pm EST. I'll try to make a calendar submission and maybe hope it gets approved in time for now.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 01 2013 03:42 GMT
#399
Last Terran standing..
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
February 01 2013 04:34 GMT
#400
On February 01 2013 12:42 arb wrote:
Last Terran standing..


May the force be with you...
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko182
ProTech144
Rex 8
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 688
Soma 650
Jaedong 524
Horang2 340
BeSt 331
Soulkey 263
Hyuk 247
910 225
Light 222
Stork 219
[ Show more ]
Mini 144
Snow 143
EffOrt 142
Pusan 115
Last 105
ZerO 98
Rush 60
ggaemo 60
Shinee 49
Mind 46
Mong 45
Killer 43
Yoon 33
Larva 26
Creator 25
Bale 25
hero 25
Sharp 17
sorry 15
Noble 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5678
XcaliburYe134
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1489
pashabiceps892
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2605
Khaldor807
Other Games
gofns36529
singsing1434
XBOCT289
Pyrionflax259
DeMusliM206
Mew2King115
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1614
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
12m
Rex8
WardiTV0
Stellar Fest
2h 12m
The PondCast
23h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.