• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:54
CEST 20:54
KST 03:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8270 users

[OSL] Semi-Finals Day 1 - Page 11

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 68 Next
plaszczka
Profile Joined August 2007
Poland376 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 20:46:00
September 01 2011 20:45 GMT
#201
i really like hydra, but will root for fantasy. because all i wanna see is jangbi pawning shit out of fantasy's asshole in finals! ;d
I apologize for all my english mistakes. I used to write really good senteces in this lenguage, but nowadays, i smoke too much weed and drink too much vodka. So you must forgive me :)
Askalaphos
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany772 Posts
September 01 2011 22:01 GMT
#202
On September 02 2011 04:56 Elroi wrote:
I'm so hyped for this. I looove both Hydra nad Fantasy. And I'm so starved for BW right now...


Yea, me too.

12 hours remaining... can't wait...

FavZerg: EffOrt, Jaedong; FavProtoss: Movie, Kal; FavTerran: BaBy, Leta
Modesty00
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria263 Posts
September 01 2011 22:22 GMT
#203
On September 02 2011 05:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
Fantasy is gonna get raped.
quote me plz :D

andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
September 01 2011 22:27 GMT
#204
On September 01 2011 18:12 Bibbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2011 18:07 Vazze wrote:
On September 01 2011 16:59 Ubersturmfuhrer wrote:
If Hydra wins, everyone and their mother will be cheering for JangBi on Day 2.

I've had it with these 30min ZvZ grand finals.

I think people are doing that regardless.
The hype around him is huge right now!!
Compare Killer vs Soo crowd with FLash vs JangBi
No love for SKT zergs

Heh, I actually suspect a fair amount of people would be gunning for Hyuk were he in Soo's position. =)



Hyuk's a more lovable loser, though. And even though Hyuk's been consistently in both leagues, Soo winning still doesn't evoke the same surprise as Hyuk winning.
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 01 2011 22:40 GMT
#205
On September 02 2011 07:27 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2011 18:12 Bibbit wrote:
On September 01 2011 18:07 Vazze wrote:
On September 01 2011 16:59 Ubersturmfuhrer wrote:
If Hydra wins, everyone and their mother will be cheering for JangBi on Day 2.

I've had it with these 30min ZvZ grand finals.

I think people are doing that regardless.
The hype around him is huge right now!!
Compare Killer vs Soo crowd with FLash vs JangBi
No love for SKT zergs

Heh, I actually suspect a fair amount of people would be gunning for Hyuk were he in Soo's position. =)



Hyuk's a more lovable loser, though. And even though Hyuk's been consistently in both leagues, Soo winning still doesn't evoke the same surprise as Hyuk winning.

Yeah I totally agree 100%. Just sayin there is some love for SKT zergs, at least one of them. =)
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 22:46:15
September 01 2011 22:45 GMT
#206
On September 02 2011 02:04 Gescom wrote:
Fantasy's vP is definitely amazing, although I wouldn't call it one of the "strongest matchups in history". Besides, Jangbi's vT has been, in the past, equally amazing. And if he just took down Flash, he can definitely take down Fantasy. The thing is... his vZ is terrible, so I'm sure he'd rather play an in-form Fantasy and than in-form Hydra.

Let's see how he does vs SoO first though... X_X


back in early 2009 when jangbi was in his prime and fantasy was still sort of up-and-coming (but post-incruit OSL), their games vs each other were EPIC. it was on the verge of becoming one the best tvp rivalries ever until jangbi just slumped hardcore and stop making any leagues where he could play vs fantasy anymore.
Free Palestine
tedster
Profile Joined May 2009
984 Posts
September 02 2011 00:17 GMT
#207
On September 02 2011 02:04 Gescom wrote:
Fantasy's vP is definitely amazing, although I wouldn't call it one of the "strongest matchups in history". Besides, Jangbi's vT has been, in the past, equally amazing. And if he just took down Flash, he can definitely take down Fantasy. The thing is... his vZ is terrible, so I'm sure he'd rather play an in-form Fantasy and than in-form Hydra.

Let's see how he does vs SoO first though... X_X


Well, it is one of the top win% by matchup in the game with that many games played. On top of that, he's historically played many of the best Protoss (at least, PvT) players in BoX matchups. Fantasy also plays somewhat unconventionally in TvP compared to Flash, who plays incredibly standard (but flawlessly), which is why I think JB is likely to have problems. It has taken JB so long to claw back from mediocrity, I don't see him having the same ability to fight against Terrorist Terran that he has to beat Standard Safe Terran just due to practice time focus.
the last wcs commissioner
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
September 02 2011 00:23 GMT
#208
the fact is that both fantasy and hydra have very good vP. Jangbi on the other hand has only shown that his vT is looking good, and his vZ is still questionable (and was never really top-of-the-line either, although most protoss never were). therefore I'd say if jangbi beats soo, he will have a better shot vs fantasy than vs hydra.
Free Palestine
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
September 02 2011 01:36 GMT
#209
Yeah you see I have a SKT flag, but I don't like fantasy.

gogo Hydra!
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Noel Vermillion
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada218 Posts
September 02 2011 02:13 GMT
#210
I'm cheering on Fantasy here since he uses Terran ; D but I am hoping it goes to 5 games.
FlaSh, Jaedong, Bisu, Free, TossGirl, Action, Stats Always BW FTW!
hmmm...
Profile Joined March 2011
632 Posts
September 02 2011 02:17 GMT
#211
yesss it's today!
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
September 02 2011 02:31 GMT
#212
My problem with watching brood war games is most of the games are not cast in english and when they are the casters are not any good. If we had tastosis casting Brood war I would watch it over starcraft 2.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19392 Posts
September 02 2011 02:32 GMT
#213
I have to wake up for this. I love Fantasy and Hydra must lose.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
September 02 2011 02:43 GMT
#214
In my opinion, if Hydra beats Fantasy he's won this OSL. He's a huge favourite over both Soo and Jangbi. For the sake of an entertaining finals I want Fantasy to win. And for the sake of BW I want Jangbi to win the title. However I think a Fantasy vs Jangbi finals is the least likely outcome. Soo's best matchup is ZvP and I would say it is currently on the level of being a modest favourite over any non-Bisu protoss.

I am cheering for Fantasy but I have to admit the matchup is pretty much a coin toss. If the maps weren't so T-favoured I would say he was the dog here. People forget that Hydra is very strong vs mech and is one of the innovators of the hydra/queen strategy that has shut down mech play recently. His weakness is vs bio play. That's why he looked so bad vs Flash. Lucky for him Fantasy's bio is mediocre at best.

In the case we get to a Fantasy vs Jangbi finals, it would really be a great series. Both play entertaining, aggressive harrass-oriented styles.
gustavohmp
Profile Joined May 2011
Brazil139 Posts
September 02 2011 02:45 GMT
#215
On September 02 2011 11:31 snakeeyez wrote:
My problem with watching brood war games is most of the games are not cast in english and when they are the casters are not any good. If we had tastosis casting Brood war I would watch it over starcraft 2.


Why do you need cast?
Dont you understand the game enough to judge it on your own?
With the korean cast you are at least able to tell the points of interest. If you dont know what they mean, you should watch for Nuke VODs, he is someone who undestand the game pretty well ( and he alone is better than Tastosis)
I follow SC2 too and Ive seen Tastosis miss so much important stuff on a match that it makes me rage. If they cant tell what is going on (like someone killing a lab researching stim or a fleet beacon being builded, which are one of the recent ones I remember) with all the observer stuff in SC2, they would be clueless in BW.
Yes, Im aware Tasteless casted BW before. Korean cast was still better.
JangBi will go the finals.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
September 02 2011 03:21 GMT
#216
I'll be looking forward to this tomorrow afternoon.

Fanta better have won!
▲ ▲ ▲
Kalent
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada253 Posts
September 02 2011 03:24 GMT
#217
It's epic if you can understand the Korean cast.
The Korean commentators are AMAZING. They're knowledge of the game is amazing, and they're exciting! They can hype up any match!
Korean-Canadian who spends way too much time on Afreeca
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
September 02 2011 03:40 GMT
#218
Any finals with Jangbi will be good, it doesn't matter if it's against Fantasy or Hydra.
I'd rather see PvZ than PvT, but if the current champion has an occasion to defend his title in the finals, it's interesting too. There would even be some "can-Jangbi-avenge-Stork?" hype.

Fantasy vs Soo would be funny, SKT team kill finals, but I expect weird games rather than good games.

The only finals that would suck would be Hydra vs Soo. And that would be the best shot for Soo at winning the OSL. Why could Soo win an OSL (royal roader ?) while Bisu never could ?

Yes I'm a T1 fan, but I would love to see an epic Jangbi > Hydra finals with a 3:2 score.
ॐ
oldgregg
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand1176 Posts
September 02 2011 03:44 GMT
#219
come on fanta unleash your inner preying mantis so jangbi can storm you into oblivion in the finals!
Calculatedly addicted to Substance D for profit by drug terrorists
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
September 02 2011 03:48 GMT
#220
On September 02 2011 11:45 gustavohmp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 11:31 snakeeyez wrote:
My problem with watching brood war games is most of the games are not cast in english and when they are the casters are not any good. If we had tastosis casting Brood war I would watch it over starcraft 2.


Why do you need cast?
Dont you understand the game enough to judge it on your own?
With the korean cast you are at least able to tell the points of interest. If you dont know what they mean, you should watch for Nuke VODs, he is someone who undestand the game pretty well ( and he alone is better than Tastosis)
I follow SC2 too and Ive seen Tastosis miss so much important stuff on a match that it makes me rage. If they cant tell what is going on (like someone killing a lab researching stim or a fleet beacon being builded, which are one of the recent ones I remember) with all the observer stuff in SC2, they would be clueless in BW.
Yes, Im aware Tasteless casted BW before. Korean cast was still better.

I do believe the SC2 casting funcs have dulled their sense a bit.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 285
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6184
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3472
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt539
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor196
Livibee190
C9.Mang0129
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 92
QueenE72
ZombieGrub33
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• niya90s 2
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2234
Other Games
• Shiphtur804
• imaqtpie768
• tFFMrPink 7
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 7m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.