• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:45
CEST 00:45
KST 07:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9669 users

[OSL] Ro4: Day 2 - Page 30

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
January 21 2011 15:45 GMT
#581
go Stork!
go KHAN! TBLS <3
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 21 2011 15:45 GMT
#582
On January 21 2011 22:45 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:30 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:47 baubo wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:32 hauton wrote:
Oh please. As much as I love Stork, I'm not going to make excuses for that loss to Zero.

Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.

Map imbalance mean little considering Zero pulled a non-standard BO.

And to be honest, all these excuses just downplay all the wrong moves Stork made throughout that game, and all the right ones Zero did.

Had Zero played like Modesty today, I highly doubt he'd be sitting one up on Stork right now.


Nobody's denying that Zero played well. But Stork's overall feel for the game was obviously off. Stork doesn't play on the map in the PL, and he's only had to practice for two PvPs on this map for the MSL. So whatever he prepared for Zero would be the only time he practiced PvZ on this map. Quite simply, he did not look comfortable in that game.

As for two titles in the same season, it has happened twice. By the two players you mentioned. I really want to know the "countless others" you are referring to.


Stork is in a quarter- and semi-final situation, which many progamers have been in before. Of those, Flash and Nada went all the way and won both leagues outright. The countless others include everyone else who's ever simultaneously made it into the finals, semi-finals, or any combination thereof, regardless of result. They are proof that Stork was not in some Mission Impossible scenario, and had every chance to beat Zero last night.


No. You're saying it's easy for Stork to advance in both leagues, which would imply Finals for the OSL, and Semi-finals for the MSL. And given that protoss is much more map dependent than other races, they require the most practice in order to fully prepare for each maps.

Anyway, how many players in history have done this? And how many of them are protosses?

Well Bisu was in Gomtv MSL S3 Finals and Ever 07 OSL semis, so he made dual semis.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
January 21 2011 15:56 GMT
#583
So it's confirmed that other than Bisu and Stork, no Protoss in the past few years has made it to dual semis.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 15:57:53
January 21 2011 15:57 GMT
#584
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.


Here, I did some of his research for him (and I'll be posting more on this later, but for now the relevant information:

Six players have made double finals: NaDa, ChoJJa, Reach, sAviOr, Flash, and Jaedong.
Flash made double finals 3 times, NaDa 2.
Two of them have won both once: NaDa and Flash
Two of them have lost both: ChoJJa (both to NaDa) and Jaedong (both to Flash)
Reach and sAviOr both split, one win one loss.

Now, I realize we're talking about Ro8 here in the MSL still, but the point is: the people who make the dual finals are the absolute best in the game. We've got 3 bonjwas, 1 god, and 2 players who made multiple other starleague finals. Stork may or may not be in quite that company.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 16:10:20
January 21 2011 16:09 GMT
#585
Stork fiiighting. God. It;s always good to see fantasy lose. It'll be especially sweet to deny Fantasy an OSL again.

Stork is totally in that company... except with his luck/finals play he'll end up with dual silvers.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
January 21 2011 16:20 GMT
#586
YAH!!! SONG BYUNG GOO!!! STORKU!!!

STORK 3-2!!!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
PangO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Chile1870 Posts
January 21 2011 16:23 GMT
#587
Oh yea, Stork did it.
We have some amazing Finals now.
In Economics, the majority is always wrong. aka: MattRz
Baddieko
Profile Joined October 2008
Singapore855 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 16:39:38
January 21 2011 16:38 GMT
#588
On January 22 2011 00:57 Musoeun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.


Here, I did some of his research for him (and I'll be posting more on this later, but for now the relevant information:

Six players have made double finals: NaDa, ChoJJa, Reach, sAviOr, Flash, and Jaedong.
Flash made double finals 3 times, NaDa 2.
Two of them have won both once: NaDa and Flash
Two of them have lost both: ChoJJa (both to NaDa) and Jaedong (both to Flash)
Reach and sAviOr both split, one win one loss.

Now, I realize we're talking about Ro8 here in the MSL still, but the point is: the people who make the dual finals are the absolute best in the game. We've got 3 bonjwas, 1 god, and 2 players who made multiple other starleague finals. Stork may or may not be in quite that company.


The point is no protoss win dual finals. Protoss isn't good enough, Terran and Zerg always possible in this era no matter who is he. Some T and Z will be there.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
January 21 2011 16:49 GMT
#589
On January 22 2011 00:57 Musoeun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.


Here, I did some of his research for him (and I'll be posting more on this later, but for now the relevant information:

Six players have made double finals: NaDa, ChoJJa, Reach, sAviOr, Flash, and Jaedong.
Flash made double finals 3 times, NaDa 2.
Two of them have won both once: NaDa and Flash
Two of them have lost both: ChoJJa (both to NaDa) and Jaedong (both to Flash)
Reach and sAviOr both split, one win one loss.

Now, I realize we're talking about Ro8 here in the MSL still, but the point is: the people who make the dual finals are the absolute best in the game. We've got 3 bonjwas, 1 god, and 2 players who made multiple other starleague finals. Stork may or may not be in quite that company.




Stork probably could be if he wasn't offracing, playing WoW, watching One Piece and playing cell phone games while Flash/Jaedong/Bisu is practicing.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
January 21 2011 17:16 GMT
#590
Stork! Woohoo you're back in the finals baby!!! It's been a while
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 17:26:38
January 21 2011 17:22 GMT
#591
Stork has been playing absolutely amazing lately, If he wins it all he would totally eclipse Bisu's career achievements and replace him as the number 1 toss player of all time. He is performing on S class level in all match ups, even in PvZ, I'm not for a minute going to suggest he has a better PvZ than Bisu, but its as good as...
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
January 21 2011 17:41 GMT
#592
THAT WAS SUCH A DOMINATING PERFORMANCE HOLY SHIT%!%!%!%!%!%

made pvz look imba man srsly

better thna bisu

best pvz ive seen in recent times
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
kamikami
Profile Joined November 2010
France1057 Posts
January 21 2011 17:45 GMT
#593
On January 22 2011 02:22 disciple wrote:
Stork has been playing absolutely amazing lately, If he wins it all he would totally eclipse Bisu's career achievements and replace him as the number 1 toss player of all time. He is performing on S class level in all match ups, even in PvZ, I'm not for a minute going to suggest he has a better PvZ than Bisu, but its as good as...


Yes if Stork win both OSL and MSL he will replace Bisu as the best Toss of all time and the most successful Toss of all time, the only title that will be left for Bisu is the "sexiest Toss of all time".
Khassar de Templari
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
January 21 2011 17:58 GMT
#594
On January 22 2011 01:38 Baddieko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2011 00:57 Musoeun wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.


Here, I did some of his research for him (and I'll be posting more on this later, but for now the relevant information:

Six players have made double finals: NaDa, ChoJJa, Reach, sAviOr, Flash, and Jaedong.
Flash made double finals 3 times, NaDa 2.
Two of them have won both once: NaDa and Flash
Two of them have lost both: ChoJJa (both to NaDa) and Jaedong (both to Flash)
Reach and sAviOr both split, one win one loss.

Now, I realize we're talking about Ro8 here in the MSL still, but the point is: the people who make the dual finals are the absolute best in the game. We've got 3 bonjwas, 1 god, and 2 players who made multiple other starleague finals. Stork may or may not be in quite that company.


The point is no protoss win dual finals. Protoss isn't good enough, Terran and Zerg always possible in this era no matter who is he. Some T and Z will be there.

The point has never been about Tosses winning dual finals.

The point is what justification, if any, did Stork have for losing to Zero on MSL?

I mean the fanboys can make all the excuses they want, but Stork admitted himself, according to the interview, that he prepared a lot for that match. And he lost.

I think that's about as simple as it gets.
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
January 21 2011 18:20 GMT
#595
wow, did stork dish out some pain, the finals should be pretty epic
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
January 21 2011 18:43 GMT
#596
On January 22 2011 02:58 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2011 01:38 Baddieko wrote:
On January 22 2011 00:57 Musoeun wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.


Here, I did some of his research for him (and I'll be posting more on this later, but for now the relevant information:

Six players have made double finals: NaDa, ChoJJa, Reach, sAviOr, Flash, and Jaedong.
Flash made double finals 3 times, NaDa 2.
Two of them have won both once: NaDa and Flash
Two of them have lost both: ChoJJa (both to NaDa) and Jaedong (both to Flash)
Reach and sAviOr both split, one win one loss.

Now, I realize we're talking about Ro8 here in the MSL still, but the point is: the people who make the dual finals are the absolute best in the game. We've got 3 bonjwas, 1 god, and 2 players who made multiple other starleague finals. Stork may or may not be in quite that company.


The point is no protoss win dual finals. Protoss isn't good enough, Terran and Zerg always possible in this era no matter who is he. Some T and Z will be there.

The point has never been about Tosses winning dual finals.

The point is what justification, if any, did Stork have for losing to Zero on MSL?

I mean the fanboys can make all the excuses they want, but Stork admitted himself, according to the interview, that he prepared a lot for that match. And he lost.

I think that's about as simple as it gets.


Dude. It's really a little possible that ZerO is good at ZvP. It's his best matchup. I'm not trying to excuse Stork's loss (or his play), I'm just puzzled by people reacting as though Stork had an autowin there.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 21 2011 19:25 GMT
#597
omg stork hiding his HT under that overlord made me LOL
jaedong imba
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
January 21 2011 19:37 GMT
#598
Stork is in another finals, against Fantasy nonetheless! BATTLE OF THE KONG LINES GOGO
Jackal03
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil7469 Posts
January 21 2011 20:07 GMT
#599
FUCK YEAH STOOOOOOORKUUUUUUUU


TO THE GOLD!
BW is back
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
January 21 2011 20:13 GMT
#600
Epic finals incoming.

How the F did Kal lose to Modesty? Modesty's games today were all over the place. He killed one (1) of Stork's nexuses and that was in the final game. Kal vs Stork semi finals would have been better
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O180
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft349
Nina 123
ViBE83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14984
ZZZero.O 180
firebathero 105
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm143
febbydoto73
League of Legends
Doublelift4177
Counter-Strike
Fnx 992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5606
Other Games
summit1g7864
FrodaN2259
mouzStarbuck431
JimRising 365
KnowMe247
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• musti20045 31
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie579
• Shiphtur209
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 15m
INu's Battles
13h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 15m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.