• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8380 users

[OSL] Ro4: Day 2 - Page 28

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 32 Next All
purpose
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden1017 Posts
January 21 2011 12:46 GMT
#541
The sad thing though is. That even if I dont really like Terran, I have always liked Fantasy and ever since he los to stork in that OSL final I have been hoping that he could get that gold he deserv.

Though He just cant get it on the cost of Stork so sorry Fanta :-) If he do beat stork I will be kinda upset at first, but it will feel better that he took it then if it would have been anyone els :-)
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 21 2011 12:47 GMT
#542
On January 21 2011 21:32 hauton wrote:
Oh please. As much as I love Stork, I'm not going to make excuses for that loss to Zero.

Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.

Map imbalance mean little considering Zero pulled a non-standard BO.

And to be honest, all these excuses just downplay all the wrong moves Stork made throughout that game, and all the right ones Zero did.

Had Zero played like Modesty today, I highly doubt he'd be sitting one up on Stork right now.


Nobody's denying that Zero played well. But Stork's overall feel for the game was obviously off. Stork doesn't play on the map in the PL, and he's only had to practice for two PvPs on this map for the MSL. So whatever he prepared for Zero would be the only time he practiced PvZ on this map. Quite simply, he did not look comfortable in that game.

As for two titles in the same season, it has happened twice. By the two players you mentioned. I really want to know the "countless others" you are referring to.

Meh
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
January 21 2011 12:53 GMT
#543
YES STORK
STORK FOR GOLD!!!
[TLMS] REBOOT
Exchange
Profile Joined January 2011
131 Posts
January 21 2011 12:54 GMT
#544
Guys, when KTFlaSh will play with Samsung Stork? Wait for epic TvP.)
My life for Aiur! BeSt and Stork fan
kamikami
Profile Joined November 2010
France1057 Posts
January 21 2011 13:03 GMT
#545
On January 21 2011 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 21:23 Seraphic wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Roffles wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Seraphic wrote:
two silver surfers playing. I wonder who's gonna get the Gold

Money on the guy who's already got a Gold and is playing absolutely out of his mind right now.


amen. I think everyone is rooting for him. Fantasy is a heavy underdog in this one. I'm like positive most every Bisu fans are behind Stork now.


That depends if those Bisu fans are also SKT fans or Protoss fans.


Yeah I'm Bisu fans and I root for Stork with all my heart.
Khassar de Templari
purpose
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 13:05:28
January 21 2011 13:03 GMT
#546
well its har do deny that the timing for Zeros games vs Stork is just perfect for him. First one game followed by a bo5 OSL semi. Then the rest of the games followed by the OSL final.

I dont know how the games have been lapping when Flash and Nada won their dual gold but Flash had the maps on his side. Nada I have no clue but thats one time then.

As for map imb and that it did not count in that game. Map imb counts in the way you prepare for the game. Its easier for the player who have the map advantage to either use it, or do something that is not as expected due to the imb factor and so on and so on. It may not be a huge deal but it still counts.

Zero did it good but its just a fact that he had and has everything going for him in this box vs Stork.

I personally hope Stork dont put to much effort into the games vs Zero. Everything should be put towards the OSL final now.
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
January 21 2011 13:06 GMT
#547
Stop trying to dismiss zero's win by blaming the map or stork's lack of practice time. Why are people ignoring the obvious fact that zero's zvp is S-class and modesty's is B-class. Stork has recently stepped up his pvz but zero has always had stellar zvp. I'm rooting for stork but I wouldnt be surprised if zero 3-0'd him.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
January 21 2011 13:06 GMT
#548
On January 21 2011 21:26 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:23 Seraphic wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Roffles wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Seraphic wrote:
two silver surfers playing. I wonder who's gonna get the Gold

Money on the guy who's already got a Gold and is playing absolutely out of his mind right now.


amen. I think everyone is rooting for him. Fantasy is a heavy underdog in this one. I'm like positive most every Bisu fans are behind Stork now.


That depends if those Bisu fans are also SKT fans or Protoss fans.

Shouldn't matter. All BW fans should root for Stork.


You're my least favorite poster. I don't know how you manage to root against the players I'm rooting for and vice versa, even in SC2, but it somehow happens.
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
January 21 2011 13:08 GMT
#549
Personally, Fantasy winning OSL and Stork winning MSL would be nice too. Though of course, I'm rooting for Stork dual league champion. Sorry Jaedong fans.
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 13:10:52
January 21 2011 13:09 GMT
#550
If you don't think it's a big issue to have a Bo5 OSL semi final the day after to to prepare for, then you're a complete fucking moron.

On January 21 2011 22:06 jalstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 21:26 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:23 Seraphic wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Roffles wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Seraphic wrote:
two silver surfers playing. I wonder who's gonna get the Gold

Money on the guy who's already got a Gold and is playing absolutely out of his mind right now.


amen. I think everyone is rooting for him. Fantasy is a heavy underdog in this one. I'm like positive most every Bisu fans are behind Stork now.


That depends if those Bisu fans are also SKT fans or Protoss fans.

Shouldn't matter. All BW fans should root for Stork.


You're my least favorite poster. I don't know how you manage to root against the players I'm rooting for and vice versa, even in SC2, but it somehow happens.

If that's the case, then you're my favourite poster. I love to argue. :D
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 13:28:51
January 21 2011 13:11 GMT
#551
I'm hoping for Jaedong - Fanta golds this seasons: my two favorit players. But Stork is awesome too
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
January 21 2011 13:12 GMT
#552
On January 21 2011 22:09 Holgerius wrote:
If you don't think it's a big issue to have a Bo5 OSL semi final the day after to to prepare for, then you're a complete fucking moron.

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:06 jalstar wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:26 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:23 Seraphic wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Roffles wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:21 Seraphic wrote:
two silver surfers playing. I wonder who's gonna get the Gold

Money on the guy who's already got a Gold and is playing absolutely out of his mind right now.


amen. I think everyone is rooting for him. Fantasy is a heavy underdog in this one. I'm like positive most every Bisu fans are behind Stork now.


That depends if those Bisu fans are also SKT fans or Protoss fans.

Shouldn't matter. All BW fans should root for Stork.


You're my least favorite poster. I don't know how you manage to root against the players I'm rooting for and vice versa, even in SC2, but it somehow happens.

If that's the case, then you're my favourite poster. I love to argue. :D


Eh bad wording then, I have nothing against you personally, it's just I've noticed we're always rooting for the opposite players.
Fushin
Profile Joined June 2010
France193 Posts
January 21 2011 13:22 GMT
#553
I think the calendar was more favorable the previous seasons, but the msl started quite late this season, and the calendar is very unfavorable to Stork.
Tbh I'm a huge Stork's fan, but it is clear he can't afford to practice much his PvZ, betting on a semi when you have a finale coming is just bad sense.
So except big surprises, Stork should be kicked out of the msl next week sadly. Zero is just not the kind of play you can defeat without practice.

But you never know with Stork...But IF Stork makes it, i definately see him for MSL gold.
purpose
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden1017 Posts
January 21 2011 13:28 GMT
#554
Well obviously Zeros zvp is S-Class and he could win even if stork had nothing els to focus on and the maps was perfect.

That does not change that fact that Storks OSL games give Zero a freaking huge momentum to get a easy win.

Like Holgerius said. If you cant see that, then you are a....well no need for strong words here but you know what I mean!
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 13:35:05
January 21 2011 13:30 GMT
#555
On January 21 2011 21:47 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 21:32 hauton wrote:
Oh please. As much as I love Stork, I'm not going to make excuses for that loss to Zero.

Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.

Map imbalance mean little considering Zero pulled a non-standard BO.

And to be honest, all these excuses just downplay all the wrong moves Stork made throughout that game, and all the right ones Zero did.

Had Zero played like Modesty today, I highly doubt he'd be sitting one up on Stork right now.


Nobody's denying that Zero played well. But Stork's overall feel for the game was obviously off. Stork doesn't play on the map in the PL, and he's only had to practice for two PvPs on this map for the MSL. So whatever he prepared for Zero would be the only time he practiced PvZ on this map. Quite simply, he did not look comfortable in that game.

As for two titles in the same season, it has happened twice. By the two players you mentioned. I really want to know the "countless others" you are referring to.


Stork is in a quarter- and semi-final situation, which many progamers have been in before. Of those, Flash and Nada went all the way and won both leagues outright. The countless others include everyone else who's ever simultaneously made it into the finals, semi-finals, or any combination thereof, regardless of result. They are proof that Stork was not in some Mission Impossible scenario, and had every chance to beat Zero last night.
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 21 2011 13:33 GMT
#556
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
purpose
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden1017 Posts
January 21 2011 13:45 GMT
#557
On January 21 2011 22:30 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 21:47 baubo wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:32 hauton wrote:
Oh please. As much as I love Stork, I'm not going to make excuses for that loss to Zero.

Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.

Map imbalance mean little considering Zero pulled a non-standard BO.

And to be honest, all these excuses just downplay all the wrong moves Stork made throughout that game, and all the right ones Zero did.

Had Zero played like Modesty today, I highly doubt he'd be sitting one up on Stork right now.


Nobody's denying that Zero played well. But Stork's overall feel for the game was obviously off. Stork doesn't play on the map in the PL, and he's only had to practice for two PvPs on this map for the MSL. So whatever he prepared for Zero would be the only time he practiced PvZ on this map. Quite simply, he did not look comfortable in that game.

As for two titles in the same season, it has happened twice. By the two players you mentioned. I really want to know the "countless others" you are referring to.


Stork is in a quarter- and semi-final situation, which many progamers have been in before. Of those, Flash and Nada went all the way and won both leagues outright. The countless others include everyone else who's ever simultaneously made it into the finals, semi-finals, or any combination thereof, regardless of result. They are proof that Stork was not in some Mission Impossible scenario, and had every chance to beat Zero last night.


I dont know but was it exactly the same for Flash, JD and so on? Did they play a S-class player in a MSL ro8 and then have a OSL semifinal bo 5 the day after? And did they then have a bo5 OSL Final just 2 days after the MSL ro8 was done? And how was the maps and so on and so on. To have 2 finals after each other is of course a huge deal, though since Flash and JD played each other both times it of course change things.

And as stated again, just because Flash and Nada made it, does not mean its not shit hard to do and that its not a biggy if you end up having the situation Stork is now.

We do not try to say that Zero won just because of this. We just state the obvious fact that it DOES MATTER. It just cant be that hard to get can it?
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 21 2011 13:45 GMT
#558
On January 21 2011 22:30 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 21:47 baubo wrote:
On January 21 2011 21:32 hauton wrote:
Oh please. As much as I love Stork, I'm not going to make excuses for that loss to Zero.

Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.

Map imbalance mean little considering Zero pulled a non-standard BO.

And to be honest, all these excuses just downplay all the wrong moves Stork made throughout that game, and all the right ones Zero did.

Had Zero played like Modesty today, I highly doubt he'd be sitting one up on Stork right now.


Nobody's denying that Zero played well. But Stork's overall feel for the game was obviously off. Stork doesn't play on the map in the PL, and he's only had to practice for two PvPs on this map for the MSL. So whatever he prepared for Zero would be the only time he practiced PvZ on this map. Quite simply, he did not look comfortable in that game.

As for two titles in the same season, it has happened twice. By the two players you mentioned. I really want to know the "countless others" you are referring to.


Stork is in a quarter- and semi-final situation, which many progamers have been in before. Of those, Flash and Nada went all the way and won both leagues outright. The countless others include everyone else who's ever simultaneously made it into the finals, semi-finals, or any combination thereof, regardless of result. They are proof that Stork was not in some Mission Impossible scenario, and had every chance to beat Zero last night.


No. You're saying it's easy for Stork to advance in both leagues, which would imply Finals for the OSL, and Semi-finals for the MSL. And given that protoss is much more map dependent than other races, they require the most practice in order to fully prepare for each maps.

Anyway, how many players in history have done this? And how many of them are protosses?
Meh
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 13:46:33
January 21 2011 13:45 GMT
#559
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 13:52:23
January 21 2011 13:47 GMT
#560
Ah dangit, if I had woken up at least half an hour earlier, I could have caught at least the end of the last game in time. But at least I woke up to great results, yeahhh Song Byung Goo!! 8DDD Stork-Fantasy finals will be goooood. |D

But I didn't expect these results, I thought that Modesty would've put up a better fight, at least 3-1. o.O;; Was Stork utterly dominating and mostly played one-sided games?
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1525
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 420
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC185
ZombieGrub101
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 185
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck382
ToD219
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade318
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.