• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9493 users

[OSL] Ro4: Day 2 - Page 29

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
smekz
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal503 Posts
January 21 2011 13:54 GMT
#561
ya kinda, modesty didnt stood a chance in any game i guess^^

translate interview plzzzzzz <3
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 21 2011 13:57 GMT
#562
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
imperfect
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada1652 Posts
January 21 2011 14:04 GMT
#563
okkkkk stork vs fantasy

we're all set.
blind bisu free and anytime fanboy.
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
January 21 2011 14:04 GMT
#564
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.

Hey, if you're not willing to do the research, why should I? But what the hey, another obvious candidate would be Jaedong. IIRC, Savior made it to simultaneous finals as well.

But hey, if you're not willing to believe me that many progamers have gone better than simultaneous Ro8/Ro4 in the Single Leagues, be my guest.

My argument doesn't even imply that a progamer has to advance to both Finals and Semis. Seeing as we're talking about that single game of a segmented Bo5, we're really talking about one's ability to advance in one league (tonight's OSL), while winning game 1 of another (last night's MSL).
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
January 21 2011 14:04 GMT
#565
Winning simultaneous quarter/semifinals? Anyone over like 2100 ELO has done that at some point.. oO
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
Baddieko
Profile Joined October 2008
Singapore855 Posts
January 21 2011 14:08 GMT
#566
On January 21 2011 23:04 Gescom wrote:
Winning simultaneous quarter/semifinals? Anyone over like 2100 ELO has done that at some point.. oO




Protoss? i dont think so. Maybe bisu did that once. T and Z ofc.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 14:14:49
January 21 2011 14:08 GMT
#567
On January 21 2011 23:04 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.

Hey, if you're not willing to do the research, why should I?


Because you're the one who said the following statement. If you know "countless others", surely you can roll off five or ten off the top of your head.

Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.


On January 21 2011 23:08 Baddieko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 23:04 Gescom wrote:
Winning simultaneous quarter/semifinals? Anyone over like 2100 ELO has done that at some point.. oO


Protoss? i dont think so. Maybe bisu did that once. T and Z ofc.


Stork in 2007
GOMTV2 MSL: Silver
Daum OSL: Bronze

Stork also came close in 2008, but lost to Kal in Clubday 2-3 while winning the Incruit OSL.

Otherwise, in modern BW history, I can only think of Flash, Savior, Nada and Jaedong... That is all.
Meh
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 21 2011 14:09 GMT
#568
On January 21 2011 23:04 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.

Hey, if you're not willing to do the research, why should I? But what the hey, another obvious candidate would be Jaedong. IIRC, Savior made it to simultaneous finals as well.

But hey, if you're not willing to believe me that many progamers have gone better than simultaneous Ro8/Ro4 in the Single Leagues, be my guest.

My argument doesn't even imply that a progamer has to advance to both Finals and Semis. Seeing as we're talking about that single game of a segmented Bo5, we're really talking about one's ability to advance in one league (tonight's OSL), while winning game 1 of another (last night's MSL).

You should do it because you're the one coming with silly claims. Burden of proof.

I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
January 21 2011 14:11 GMT
#569
On January 21 2011 23:04 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.

Hey, if you're not willing to do the research, why should I? But what the hey, another obvious candidate would be Jaedong. IIRC, Savior made it to simultaneous finals as well.

But hey, if you're not willing to believe me that many progamers have gone better than simultaneous Ro8/Ro4 in the Single Leagues, be my guest.

My argument doesn't even imply that a progamer has to advance to both Finals and Semis. Seeing as we're talking about that single game of a segmented Bo5, we're really talking about one's ability to advance in one league (tonight's OSL), while winning game 1 of another (last night's MSL).

if you put it that way, stork won simultaneous in ro32. ro 16 and (probably) ro8 already
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
January 21 2011 14:14 GMT
#570
On January 21 2011 23:04 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.

Hey, if you're not willing to do the research, why should I? But what the hey, another obvious candidate would be Jaedong. IIRC, Savior made it to simultaneous finals as well.

Yes, Savior made simultaneous finals. And was at that time the Bonjwa and undisputed best player, at least before the final to Bisu, and probably for some time after that final as well.

Fact is, making dual finals, or even dual semi-finals, has always been the exception, NOT the norm. That is why Flash's and Jaedong's recent domination has been so profound, and why those two have been sitting alone at the top for so long. For most of broodwar's history, it has not been like that.
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
solidphoenix
Profile Joined October 2007
Australia16 Posts
January 21 2011 14:16 GMT
#571
On January 21 2011 21:46 purpose wrote:
The sad thing though is. That even if I dont really like Terran, I have always liked Fantasy and ever since he los to stork in that OSL final I have been hoping that he could get that gold he deserv.

Though He just cant get it on the cost of Stork so sorry Fanta :-) If he do beat stork I will be kinda upset at first, but it will feel better that he took it then if it would have been anyone els :-)


I totally second that. Despite being bored with the race I always want Fantasy to win when I watch him play. Perhaps that's got something to do with being a fan of SKT1, but regardless I hope he puts up a great fight with Stork because he was on fire tonight.
gl hf and never say gg
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 14:22:16
January 21 2011 14:18 GMT
#572
Savior did it once, but other than that he kept getting knocked out of OSL in the prelimilaries.

Basically the only people who does stuff like that are players like Nada, Flash, Jaedong, and then we are talking about Top 5 in the history of the game. It is not common.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Baddieko
Profile Joined October 2008
Singapore855 Posts
January 21 2011 14:23 GMT
#573
On January 21 2011 23:08 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 23:04 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:57 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:45 hauton wrote:
On January 21 2011 22:33 Holgerius wrote:
I normally try to refrain from using strong words against people myself, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. Just because Flash made it look easy to keep on winning Bo5s in consecutive days last year doesn't mean it isn't really, really, really, really hard and unusual.

I think I clarified in my last post, but just to be clear:

I mentioned Flash and Nada explicitly because they were the only two I know for a fact have succeeded in simultaneous SLs. Because they went all the way and won them both outright.

Stork should not be excused for his loss to Zero because many people have won simultaneous BOXs at the quarter- and semi-final level. He doesn't need to be Flash or Nada to do that.

Mention these ''many people'' please.

Hey, if you're not willing to do the research, why should I?


Because you're the one who said the following statement. If you know "countless others", surely you can roll off five or ten off the top of your head.

Show nested quote +
Preparation hasn't stopped Flash, Nada and countless others who've made simultaneous SL semi/finals.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 23:08 Baddieko wrote:
On January 21 2011 23:04 Gescom wrote:
Winning simultaneous quarter/semifinals? Anyone over like 2100 ELO has done that at some point.. oO


Protoss? i dont think so. Maybe bisu did that once. T and Z ofc.


Stork in 2007
GOMTV2 MSL: Silver
Daum OSL: Bronze

Stork also came close in 2008, but lost to Kal in Clubday 2-3 while winning the Incruit OSL.

Otherwise, in modern BW history, I can only think of Flash, Savior, Nada and Jaedong... That is all.




So its still stork holding the best protoss record for consecutive semi finals. Now he is bidding to beat his old record. Protoss is really weak man.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 21 2011 14:26 GMT
#574
Btw, I can't wait for someone to translate the interview. :D
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 21 2011 14:26 GMT
#575
If Fantasy wins, then Yellow will pretty much be alone in the Kong line. Maybe he'll acknowledge Jangbi as a part of it out of loneliness.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
January 21 2011 14:34 GMT
#576
On January 21 2011 23:26 Holgerius wrote:
Btw, I can't wait for someone to translate the interview. :D

Can't translate the interview since I have to go to school really soon, but be patient, someone is probably working on it right now and it should be going up sooner or later. The DES version is kinda long, with 14 questions and 14 sort of long-winded answers. The wait should be worth it though.

Damn you school, I could be reading me up some beautiful Byung Goo words of wisdom right now. DDD:
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 15:25:29
January 21 2011 14:45 GMT
#577
Man, Stork better not lose to Fantasy. I don't even care if he's kicked out of the MSL by Zero.
Meh
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
January 21 2011 15:18 GMT
#578
time for stork to get that gold!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
January 21 2011 15:33 GMT
#579
This is the closest thing we can have for a Lee Ssang Rok.

FUCK YEAH STORK
Jaedong plz
Pafnucy
Profile Joined October 2002
Poland1124 Posts
January 21 2011 15:40 GMT
#580
Time to watch these games, big thanks to moktira for super fast upload.
Member of the "Fuck Yeah, Canata !" committee :-) to join copy/paste this
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1074
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings194
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
CosmosSc2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50859
Shuttle 10789
FanTaSy 1428
Hyuk 928
Horang2 466
BeSt 424
EffOrt 243
Stork 200
Last 197
Soma 135
[ Show more ]
Zeus 133
Pusan 127
Mind 116
hero 86
ggaemo 73
Hyun 72
Killer 66
Sea.KH 62
Snow 51
sorry 50
Hm[arnc] 46
PianO 37
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 27
Aegong 26
Sexy 23
JYJ 18
zelot 18
NaDa 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Rock 3
Icarus 3
Dota 2
qojqva1423
Dendi1227
Gorgc951
XcaliburYe339
Counter-Strike
fl0m2669
x6flipin503
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu482
Khaldor227
Other Games
gofns38047
B2W.Neo959
byalli629
Beastyqt383
Livibee182
Hui .177
Mlord118
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2235
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 51m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 51m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.