• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:36
CEST 13:36
KST 20:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8161 users

[SWL] Hwaseung OZ vs CJ Entus - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 32 33 34 Next All
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
February 09 2010 18:06 GMT
#41
"OZ FANBOY! i mean c'mon, oz fanboys!!!"

lol'd

Sad I'll be missing a lot of this for midterms ;_;
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
February 09 2010 18:09 GMT
#42
On February 10 2010 02:35 PiePie wrote:
I always root for the underdogs

Then why are you not an ACE fan?
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
February 09 2010 18:16 GMT
#43
Where is Hwaseung House?
Fx_
Profile Joined April 2008
503 Posts
February 09 2010 18:28 GMT
#44
On February 10 2010 01:36 conTAgi0n wrote:
(Z)Jaedong > (T)Iris
(Z)Jaedong > (Z)EffOrt
(Z)Jaedong > (T)sKyHigh
(Z)Jaedong < (T)IdrA
(T)Flash < (T)IdrA
(P)GuemChi < (T)IdrA
(Z)Killer > (T)IdrA


must be!!
LOL
Power is your Intelligence
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 09 2010 18:30 GMT
#45
On February 10 2010 03:16 dukethegold wrote:
Where is Hwaseung House?

Yeah that was quite a disappointment seeing Atrioc's name in OP and not getting a HH.

It's like giving a nerd a brand new, cool computer and then taking his keyboard away.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 18:35:09
February 09 2010 18:32 GMT
#46
On February 10 2010 03:09 TheBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 02:35 PiePie wrote:
I always root for the underdogs

Then why are you not an ACE fan?


I mean in pairings. I did root for ace when they went up btw against other teams. Yes I am a KT fan, but I have been a KT fan for a LONG time before they started to actually do well, I'm not going to change just because they are doing well now, I'm quite happy. Please don't take what people say literally. When u watch the superbowl and someone is rooting for the Saints because they are the underdogs, theres no logic to bring up the last ranked team and question why they aren't a fan of that specific team.

To keep this thread on track as my original post was expressing my opinion why I wanted CJ to win...
I really want to see a Dong vs Movie match :D I got a gut feeling its going to be epic even though Movie isnt doing so hot right now.
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
February 09 2010 19:10 GMT
#47
If Jaedong doesn't lose some stupid ZvZ he's good!
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
February 09 2010 19:13 GMT
#48
Damn, Atrioc ppl are wetting their pants just by seeing your ID in a banner ^_^

Let the guy do his math homework, OZ vs SKT is yet to come, I bet Atrioc will please all his worshipers and fangirls with another epic Bisu spanking
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
February 09 2010 19:21 GMT
#49
There's nothing more I hate than Oz vs CJ matches...
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
February 09 2010 19:22 GMT
#50
On February 10 2010 04:21 SuperArc wrote:
There's nothing more I hate than Oz vs CJ matches...

Cmon, you hate bisu more than that
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
February 09 2010 19:26 GMT
#51
Amazing OP as usual, glad you are back to putting the rest of us to shame with your Photoshop skills, and obviously thanks for letting me interview.

Sorry I couldn't make a HH but like Disciple said I have a heavy school work load lately. I'll have something ready for OZ vs SKT for sure.
Writerman what
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
February 09 2010 19:26 GMT
#52
On February 10 2010 04:22 disciple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 04:21 SuperArc wrote:
There's nothing more I hate than Oz vs CJ matches...

Cmon, you hate bisu more than that


Not the few past months, he sucks too much to really hate him.

Actually I pity him atm. =/
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
February 09 2010 19:27 GMT
#53
That's so perfect for cj to carefully prepare multiple snipes. The most obvious scenario if he beats iris is: zerg on 2nd map, skyhigh with cheese on 3rd and with movie or effort trying 4th if JD survives.
Sebastien
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada72 Posts
February 09 2010 19:31 GMT
#54
Tyrant mode activated. Crying babies and dead unicorns everywhere. CJ fans have no hope.
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
February 09 2010 19:37 GMT
#55
I wonder if this time Jaedong will be:
(1) defeated
(2) outsmarted
(3) outplayed
(4) lost only because he made a mistake.

Now on the serious note. I would be surprise if Jaedong all-kills CJ. I'm sure CJ has at least 2 snipers designated to take him down with crazy builds. But obviously, Jaedong is that good, that he can do it. Unlikely, but possible.

Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 09 2010 19:54 GMT
#56
On February 10 2010 04:37 Lebesgue wrote:
I wonder if this time Jaedong will be:
(1) defeated
(2) outsmarted
(3) outplayed
(4) lost only because he made a mistake.

Now on the serious note. I would be surprise if Jaedong all-kills CJ. I'm sure CJ has at least 2 snipers designated to take him down with crazy builds. But obviously, Jaedong is that good, that he can do it. Unlikely, but possible.


well yeah I guess it comes down to like, if Jaedong has a 80% chance to win a game, he only has a 41% chance to allkill.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
February 09 2010 22:14 GMT
#57
On February 10 2010 03:32 PiePie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 03:09 TheBB wrote:
On February 10 2010 02:35 PiePie wrote:
I always root for the underdogs

Then why are you not an ACE fan?

When u watch the superbowl and someone is rooting for the Saints because they are the underdogs, theres no logic to bring up the last ranked team and question why they aren't a fan of that specific team.

There's also a difference between rooting for the Saints because they are underdogs, and rooting for CJ because you ALWAYS root for the underdogs. My emphasis on the word ALWAYS.

I don't get why I shouldn't be allowed to take someone literally if they don't clearly use sarcasm or exaggeration.

But yeah, um, let's not take that further.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
PiePie
Profile Joined February 2010
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 22:33:52
February 09 2010 22:29 GMT
#58
On February 10 2010 07:14 TheBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 03:32 PiePie wrote:
On February 10 2010 03:09 TheBB wrote:
On February 10 2010 02:35 PiePie wrote:
I always root for the underdogs

Then why are you not an ACE fan?

When u watch the superbowl and someone is rooting for the Saints because they are the underdogs, theres no logic to bring up the last ranked team and question why they aren't a fan of that specific team.

There's also a difference between rooting for the Saints because they are underdogs, and rooting for CJ because you ALWAYS root for the underdogs. My emphasis on the word ALWAYS.

I don't get why I shouldn't be allowed to take someone literally if they don't clearly use sarcasm or exaggeration.

But yeah, um, let's not take that further.


If I say I root for underdogs you could have used the same argument. The point is I shouldn't have to clarify everything if you should know what I mean, which I'm sure you did. If you asked me who i was rooting for and I said Saints, you would ask me why. I would say "I root for underdogs!" or I could say " I always root for the underdogs!". It really means the same thing and since this thread clearly isn't some sort of legal document which needs to be scrutinized I don't see why you would even bring that up, I mean which each post here I could probably pull up some word someone used and challenge them. It was not sarcasm or exaggeration, it's a statement thats meant to be taken in context of the setting with a bit of common sense. Even the fact that you even get anal over the word in this kind of thread makes me wonder... I mean honestly I was just posting my thoughts and I don't feel like I should have to explain every word I use on a TL fourm when my post isnt even directed at one specific person. My original post was not argumentative so I really don't see the point...

But yeah, let's not take that further. It wasn't even an argumentative statement and don't make a big deal over semantics

Your original statement was not even on topic to this thread, simply just questioning why I don't root for ace (which I obviously do if you read my other posts, I'm a huge Reach/Yellow fan.)

Anyhow back to the topic, I think starting with the Dong provides alot of risks for Oz. I mean yes Dong wants the all kill to get some pride and prove he is the best, but starting out first lets u get sniped easily because it gaurentees the other team 4 rounds against you to take you down. If you go in at the end the opposing team may only be able to send in 1 or 2 rounds of people to take you down. I think Oz is taking a risk with this one!
RFG- Raging Flash Fangirl
JL13
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1384 Posts
February 09 2010 23:36 GMT
#59
Oz < Skyhigh REPEAT ! ~ !

Actually to be fair, it ultimately comes down to what set CJ can snipe Jaedong as it always has. I definitely see Skyhigh making an appearance on the 4th set or later. NT, Roadrun, MoonGlaive all scream for a Terran player. Fighting Spirit is pretty much the same due to the sheer amount of TvT's being played on that map.

So outside of JD and Skyhigh which we obviously know Skyhigh is winning, taking a look at the other players leftover gives me this...

1) I have and always will stand by my opinion that Hiya is over-rated. Don't get me wrong, he's at least decent on good days, but he will at most get 1-kill against CJ.

2) Killer is much much better than before. The kid can play, just inconsistent at times. His ZvT seems slightly lacking, but still, have to give him credit.

3) This season's CJ team is wayy different than last season's. You could always count on Iris and even Savior playing a decent game and effort/movie/skyhigh were a mega trio of young stars in the making. Then you still had Much and Kwanro after all of that so there were a ton of ways CJ could prepare for each match. Nowadays, its CJEffort with a splash of streaky players. And even effort is no surefire win anymore (losses to Calm,Stats, etc in critical situations). Movie... can't seem to win a PvP for some reason or any game for that matter. Skyhigh is a true enigma; he'll play retardedly awesome like he did vs. Really on MoonGlaive or he'll lose to Stats on some lame 2-fact aggro strategy. Savior/Iris are nowhere near their former selves but I'm always hoping for their resurgence. Lastly, Snow is definitely showing promise, but not at the same level that I saw in Effort/skyhigh/movie last year.

Predictons:
+ Show Spoiler +
JD > Iris
JD > Effort
JD > Movie
JD < Skyhigh
Lomo < Skyhigh
Hiya < Skyhigh
Killer < Skyhigh

Then the always possible JD AK and if somehow Effort miraculously wins against JD, then Effort AK.

If Coach Cho is feeling ballsy, he'll send Savior out instead of Movie and Savior will be absolutely crushed. So its possible to flip Effort and Savior's appearances. Oz has two Protoss-snipers (hiya/killer) which is the reasoning behind the move.


Favorite Progamers in order: JangBi, Kwanro, Really, DarkElf
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
February 09 2010 23:41 GMT
#60
last wl playoff jaedong went easy on skyhigh to let his teammates have some play time

BIG MISTAKE, oz teammates are not to be trusted
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 646
RotterdaM220
TKL 97
SteadfastSC87
Rex72
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko350
RotterdaM 220
ByuN 134
TKL 97
SteadfastSC 87
Rex 72
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25676
Shuttle 1501
Bisu 681
Jaedong 554
Mong 495
Horang2 402
Soulkey 381
BeSt 368
actioN 258
firebathero 244
[ Show more ]
Larva 241
Stork 218
Soma 215
Mini 191
Last 128
Rush 125
Zeus 124
Snow 88
PianO 80
EffOrt 77
Shine 76
Hyun 76
910 75
Pusan 71
Mind 68
Free 66
ZerO 65
Yoon 52
sorry 41
hero 40
Shinee 39
Sharp 34
Sexy 30
JYJ 26
Bale 23
ZergMaN 21
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 18
Hm[arnc] 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 12
yabsab 12
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
canceldota74
Dendi14
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King180
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes322
Other Games
gofns45283
singsing2082
B2W.Neo253
Pyrionflax186
DeMusliM183
Livibee136
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV457
League of Legends
• Jankos1236
Other Games
• Shiphtur692
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 24m
The PondCast
22h 24m
INu's Battles
23h 24m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.