• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:49
CEST 01:49
KST 08:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9403 users

(Z v P)How to deal with DT+coasir for zerg? - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
iD.Surv
Profile Joined April 2004
Belgium827 Posts
October 17 2004 18:12 GMT
#21
FA go 2 gate whatever position u are it wont hurt u that much.
maritini
Profile Joined October 2004
Greece121 Posts
October 17 2004 18:32 GMT
#22
Make some hydras and keep expanding (natural and then once again). Just keep your ovies near your hydras. He ain't going for army he is teching so what's stopping you to power ? There is no need to rush things in my opinion
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-17 19:52:43
October 17 2004 19:52 GMT
#23
zymotic even tho i love you very much, you are wrong :p

by the time slow olli's arrive the toss already has his cannons up and maybe even hightemplars. and cannons just eat a small amount of hydralisks.

like ret said, play safe, power drones and power in tech.
Probe (H)
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 17 2004 19:55 GMT
#24
On October 18 2004 03:12 SW)Surv wrote:
FA go 2 gate whatever position u are it wont hurt u that much.

I almost always 2 gate, but if you are doing a dt sair build going 2 gate is not effecient.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-17 20:36:37
October 17 2004 20:34 GMT
#25
if a protoss uses 2 gates vs me I know the game is won.

1 gates makes me wanna rush to den and lair because I do not wish to die to some early core strats.

50% of my zvp games are vs Strafe(yeye brag brag but this might indicate the level of protoss), he still uses 2 gate but not as often as he used to do. Because the protoss always has to catch up on the zerg when his "rush" fails (90% of the time).

And saying it will stop me from making 10000 drones or 10 expands is bullshit. The only real way to hurt my eco is zealots + probes (at least 3). If you make a micromistake you lose your zealots and your probes which will hurt your eco/tech even more than a regular 2 gate build.

Probe (H)
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4534 Posts
October 17 2004 21:06 GMT
#26
hm rugbug please notice i said GOOD protoss...^^;
Team Liquid
iD.Surv
Profile Joined April 2004
Belgium827 Posts
October 17 2004 21:31 GMT
#27
On October 18 2004 05:34 PrinCe (H) wrote:
if a protoss uses 2 gates vs me I know the game is won.

1 gates makes me wanna rush to den and lair because I do not wish to die to some early core strats.

50% of my zvp games are vs Strafe(yeye brag brag but this might indicate the level of protoss), he still uses 2 gate but not as often as he used to do. Because the protoss always has to catch up on the zerg when his "rush" fails (90% of the time).

And saying it will stop me from making 10000 drones or 10 expands is bullshit. The only real way to hurt my eco is zealots + probes (at least 3). If you make a micromistake you lose your zealots and your probes which will hurt your eco/tech even more than a regular 2 gate build.

strafe is good. good practice. but you are not the only one playing vs that kinda players.

2 gate opening doesnt mean all out rush and it definitly does not mean you win 100%. please try to be more constructive with your posts. and i agree toss can't make micro mistakes with his zealots it can mean game vs good z.
Also dont act like you are some hot shot player please. You are very average and when you did seem 'good' in iD you were hacking so that doesn't count. Win some tourneys or show some good games before you shit talk to others.
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
October 17 2004 21:44 GMT
#28
I guess that is the difference between you and me. You try to join the best teams possible, you try to play best players possible and get as high as possible on wgtour.

I wasn't trying to brag about people I play, I was just pointing the way good protoss thinks.

You may think im average but thats only because you HATE being outplayed by a hacker who calls your mom a whore.

I don't want to prove myselfes (especially not for you rofl) as a good player, the people I play with know my level of play and is as far as Im concerned thats enough.

Though this is getting offtopic.

2 gate is safe and can bring a zerg user in trouble (9/10 + probes) but imo 1 gate gives you more gas and a better eco.
Probe (H)
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-17 21:51:56
October 17 2004 21:48 GMT
#29
I think I'm going to take ret's advice because anytime I go and try to hydra contain, they eventually break out with millions of speedlots/high templars and rape my hydra army. (or at least make me run all the way back to my nat) I still have nightmares of StainD's 12 kill high templar (I think it went up to 33 at the end of the game but I somehow won that nightmare ... maybe it's because I was 0-3 or 0-4 at that point) ...

I f00king hate that sair/dt build with a passion. Any more help would be appreciated too. =) It's not the one gate fast tech that gets me, it's the zealot rush => sair => one or two dt's.

PS. how'd you autowin vs. dual gate?
iD.Surv
Profile Joined April 2004
Belgium827 Posts
October 17 2004 21:59 GMT
#30
On October 18 2004 06:44 PrinCe (H) wrote:
I guess that is the difference between you and me. You try to join the best teams possible, you try to play best players possible and get as high as possible on wgtour.

I wasn't trying to brag about people I play, I was just pointing the way good protoss thinks.

You may think im average but thats only because you HATE being outplayed by a hacker who calls your mom a whore.

I don't want to prove myselfes (especially not for you rofl) as a good player, the people I play with know my level of play and is as far as Im concerned thats enough.

Though this is getting offtopic.

2 gate is safe and can bring a zerg user in trouble (9/10 + probes) but imo 1 gate gives you more gas and a better eco.
you lack stability. What are you trying to accomplish by trash talking like this anyway. Im not going to get mad at you because you are incapable of producing decent behavior. It always gets off topic with you man ... You provoce and wait. Then you trash talk and provoce some more. Why are you posting about me anyway? I think its normal to get in good clans no? I dont understand why you are posting this kinda stuff. I am not going to feel offended or be ashamed or whatever. You are right about me trying to join good clans. I also succeeded in this. SW) is a good clan maybe when i get better i can join even better clans whats the bad thing about this? I know you would never talk like this if you would ever meet me on some lan or wcg or god knows what so im going to dodge this offer to a flame war. If you got something to say PM me dont fuck up peoples vieuw with your clueless pointless comments about the OH so inferior surv...
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
October 17 2004 22:02 GMT
#31
Because protoss is behind in gas and tech, so you are in control when your lurkers or muta pop out. At that point you have spare minerals and gas for overlord grades so you can take your natural, islands and (if you are on 3) 12 for example.

Once you burrow your lurkers in front of his main and start massing hyd/ling you can do whatever you like.

Probe (H)
iD.Surv
Profile Joined April 2004
Belgium827 Posts
October 17 2004 22:06 GMT
#32
lets try some pvz we played 4 games in total and those games were like ages ago. I even made an rwa out of 1 lol :p
No trash talking just playing. I want to see how you autowin vs 2 gate.
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-17 22:08:21
October 17 2004 22:06 GMT
#33
On October 18 2004 06:59 SW)Surv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2004 06:44 PrinCe (H) wrote:
I guess that is the difference between you and me. You try to join the best teams possible, you try to play best players possible and get as high as possible on wgtour.

I wasn't trying to brag about people I play, I was just pointing the way good protoss thinks.

You may think im average but thats only because you HATE being outplayed by a hacker who calls your mom a whore.

I don't want to prove myselfes (especially not for you rofl) as a good player, the people I play with know my level of play and is as far as Im concerned thats enough.

Though this is getting offtopic.

2 gate is safe and can bring a zerg user in trouble (9/10 + probes) but imo 1 gate gives you more gas and a better eco.
you lack stability. What are you trying to accomplish by trash talking like this anyway. Im not going to get mad at you because you are incapable of producing decent behavior. It always gets off topic with you man ... You provoce and wait. Then you trash talk and provoce some more. Why are you posting about me anyway? I think its normal to get in good clans no? I dont understand why you are posting this kinda stuff. I am not going to feel offended or be ashamed or whatever. You are right about me trying to join good clans. I also succeeded in this. SW) is a good clan maybe when i get better i can join even better clans whats the bad thing about this? I know you would never talk like this if you would ever meet me on some lan or wcg or god knows what so im going to dodge this offer to a flame war. If you got something to say PM me dont fuck up peoples vieuw with your clueless pointless comments about the OH so inferior surv...


yeah...meet me..

it isnt about teams or clans it is about your WILL to be known. I lost my WILL to be known. But because my play is not known you assume im average.

Just to inform you, you are starting this shit, do not blame this on me.

edit. Nope, thats not a challenge.
Probe (H)
iD.Surv
Profile Joined April 2004
Belgium827 Posts
October 17 2004 22:08 GMT
#34
i didnt start anything and i want to game you pvz bo5 loser picks start with gameo gowon
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
October 17 2004 22:11 GMT
#35
How about you take your "bo5 loser picks Gameo(wtf??!! ) gowon" challenge to some belgian buddy's of you.

Probe (H)
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
October 17 2004 22:12 GMT
#36
Wait, I have a challenge for you.

bo5 or bo7. loser gets banned by rekrul for life.
Probe (H)
iD.Surv
Profile Joined April 2004
Belgium827 Posts
October 17 2004 22:15 GMT
#37
What are you on dude? I asked a question were the answer should be either

A.Yes, gladly when do you want
B.No

I think gameo gowon is balanced pvz so we start even. This is a simple challenge with good intentions you can't even reply positive on this?
PrinCe (H)
Profile Joined July 2004
Honduras207 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-18 04:22:26
October 17 2004 22:27 GMT
#38
its spelled Gaema Gowon.

are you afraid to lose ? If you are so confident to win why not raise bets ?

Im not your friend so I do not wish to play a friendly match. Im only gonna play if there is something in for me. Which is if you get banned and which isnt if its just a fungame because you are hardly practise

Banned For Life. Or no challenge.



(bye. tkwl)
Probe (H)
typhy
Profile Joined September 2004
129 Posts
October 17 2004 22:49 GMT
#39
haha newbs. 2 gate is always the best strat, even if u go core before zeals.. thats right core BEFORE zeals
ssregitoss
Profile Joined September 2004
Turkey241 Posts
October 18 2004 00:38 GMT
#40
best is +1 weopon and fast expo with psi templars.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft195
ViBE137
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 819
Shuttle 576
Artosis 542
910 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever704
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6160
Other Games
summit1g8710
shahzam605
JimRising 494
C9.Mang0265
Maynarde83
ArmadaUGS77
Trikslyr51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick823
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen161
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11m
PiGStarcraft195
Kung Fu Cup
11h 11m
Stellar Fest
13h 11m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.