• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:02
CEST 10:02
KST 17:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6840 users

Calgary '09 PL Final Party

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-08 00:24:17
August 03 2009 22:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Calgary ProLeague Finals party at London on Heritage

[image loading]



Who
Expecting around 15-25 fans with a roster lineup of almost certainly MikeyMoo, Kau, Chill, me and 6-7 of my buddies that aren't superstars on TL.

When
FRIDAY AUG 7!!!!!! (Day 1 viewing tonight!)
10:00pm (Finals will be played at 2am in our time zone)

What
Live viewing of the 2009 ProLeague Finals between Hwaseung OZ (yay!) and SKT1 (boo!)
My setup consists of:
441 sq ft of hardwood party area
52" Sony Bravia w/XBR
3-4 computers for additional viewing/before party mini-lan
AIR CONDITIONING (something we desperatly needed at Chill's parties :D)

[image loading]


For food I'll have various snacks including kimchi and 2 cases of Bacchus. (Which is only
20 bottles so if you want one, I'll be charging $1 per bottle) But everything else is free!
You guys are welcome to get drunk but I won't be supplying any alcohol myself. BYOBeer!

Everyone is welcome to crash too but remember, it's a hardwood floor so if there isn't enough couch room, you might have to sleep on a rug if you don't bring your own sleeping bag haha!

Click on these links for room pictures:
http://kishu.ca/pl-finals/room1.jpg
http://kishu.ca/pl-finals/room2.jpg
http://kishu.ca/pl-finals/room3.jpg
http://kishu.ca/pl-finals/room4.jpg


Where
BUILDING 1
ROOM #620
8710 Horton Rd SW
Calgary AB

DIAL 1109 on the Intercom to buzz in. (room is 620)

Easily accessable by C-Train or car.
By C-Train just get off at Heritage station, walk 2 mins on Horton Rd and you're there.
By Car, hit up this Bing map URL:
Bing Maps or Google Maps

Basically, get on MacLeod, turn on Hull ave and turn left on Horton Rd.
* Do NOT turn on heritage dr because you can NOT turn onto Horton Rd from there. If you do, it's not a big deal, just make a U-Turn so you are going East on Heritage and turn right on Horton Rd.

PARKING
Is available across the street from the building.
If you park in visitor parking I think there is a time limit and you have to sign in.


=======================

Please PM or email me for reservations so I can get an estimate on the number of ppl and so I know who you are if you are buzzing in. (I will not buzz in random strangers)

eMail: razorsuke |a| gmail.com
msg me for a phone number if you want it. (My name is Corey)

Sorry for the late notice but I had no idea what date the finals would be held at until now.
Whatever plans you have on saturday, cancel them now!!!!

** You are welcome to come over TONIGHT to watch the first day of the finals but the big party and finale will be FRIDAY
EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
August 03 2009 22:10 GMT
#2
I'm up for this one. I had to miss the last couple Calgary events because I had to go to Banff, this time I don't have to go to Banff until Sunday.

No double header event for Friday and Saturday's games?
twitter: @terrancem
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
August 03 2009 22:12 GMT
#3
On August 04 2009 07:10 GogoKodo wrote:
I'm up for this one. I had to miss the last couple Calgary events because I had to go to Banff, this time I don't have to go to Banff until Sunday.

No double header event for Friday and Saturday's games?


hhmmm... I figure it's better to have 1 big day than 2 small days.

But I'm also planning parties for OSL and MSL, if Jaedong plans to make history by taking them both :D
EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
August 03 2009 22:45 GMT
#4
ooooo, I'd like to go, but I can't justify a trip to Calgary for anything else right now. xD
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-03 22:48:57
August 03 2009 22:47 GMT
#5
I'LL BE THERE
ps. you drove me to the ctrain station last time didnt you? thanks :3
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
August 03 2009 22:53 GMT
#6
I suspect this'll be one of the very few (maybe only?) occasions I wish I was Canadian
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
August 03 2009 23:03 GMT
#7
I will try to come, I have a friend trying to visit me in Edmonton this weekendddd
Ahhhhh I'm in Calgary right now but scheduled to go back Friday >_<
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-03 23:12:49
August 03 2009 23:12 GMT
#8
On August 04 2009 08:03 mikeymoo wrote:
I will try to come, I have a friend trying to visit me in Edmonton this weekendddd
Ahhhhh I'm in Calgary right now but scheduled to go back Friday >_<


you better come
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
August 03 2009 23:19 GMT
#9
damn right you better come, your name is in the original post!
Which goes double for kau.

BTW, let me know if you actually want to try some bacchus, I can get a friend to bring another 2 boxes if there is high demand.
EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
August 03 2009 23:23 GMT
#10
damn you should move to toronto :D
Official Entusman #21
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
August 04 2009 00:34 GMT
#11
Edited for those who want to show up on Friday to watch day 1, you are welcome but the big party is still Saturday!!
EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
August 04 2009 01:01 GMT
#12
hmm... four days from now... maybe!
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
August 04 2009 01:09 GMT
#13
Aww.... this sounds so nice and everything.... but I'm so so far away in NYC...... T_T

I wish there's a party in NYC as well..... oh well... one can only dream...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
August 04 2009 01:09 GMT
#14
on the bright side if you drive from nyc you can give me a ride ^_^
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
August 04 2009 01:45 GMT
#15
ah, glad to see that the cubert will be making an appearance. Just bug kau + mikey for a ride because they are coming for sure, right? =.=
EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 04 2009 01:48 GMT
#16
Front paged.
ModeratorGodfather
Sonu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada577 Posts
August 04 2009 01:50 GMT
#17
D: sounds like so much fun.
To bad I cant afford the travel,
Make sure not to vomit all over your keyoboards in the morning XD
"I really like this wall-in, because its not a fucking wall" - DAy[9]
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 01:58:48
August 04 2009 01:51 GMT
#18
On August 04 2009 10:45 razorsuKe wrote:
ah, glad to see that the cubert will be making an appearance. Just bug kau + mikey for a ride because they are coming for sure, right? =.=


but i live three hours in the other direction

edit: to clarify
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
August 04 2009 02:12 GMT
#19
seriously hosting random parties has to be a risky idea..
Nony is Bonjwa
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 04 2009 02:19 GMT
#20
On August 04 2009 11:12 Nal_rAwr wrote:
seriously hosting random parties has to be a risky idea..


this is like the third one. I've met fishball, razorsuke, kau, mikeymoo, flaccid, chill etc in real life before.

The parties are always really fun. Especially the MSL where I was the only one cheering for forgg vs jaedong wwwww
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 58m
Patches Events
6h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 58m
OSC
14h 58m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.