• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9943 users

LeeJaeDong Interview!

Forum Index > BW General
87 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-25 18:07:02
December 24 2008 11:37 GMT
#1
I'm usually the guy who tells people to not be pussies and look at the results first. Don't do it this time - DON'T LOOK DOWN IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO DATE. There's to be no crying in my ears if you do!!



Okay, finally saw Jaedong's 2fer last night. I expected good games but I didn't think they'd be this good. These are no doubt the kind of games you get once every so often... But twice in one night, hoho, I can only imagine the ménage-à-trois-ness of having watched live

Anyway, is anybody gonna translate the new JD interview? The interview covers all the burning questions / dispels a TON of crackpiping from the spoiler thread.

Post here if you're on it. I don't want anybody to waste time if more than one guy happens to be doing it. That includes me. It's a very informative interview and a good sign for the future of zerg


-Edit: Interview translated in 2 parts, find them below, big help from RamenStyle.


+ Show Spoiler [Lecaf-SKT1 interview] +
Jaedong: With proper queen usage, Zerg shall be even stronger

Q: Your ensnare-darkswarm use today was awesome.
JD: I had tried it before a lot of times, both in practice and tv games, but this time I wanted to come up with a build where I would be able to use this effectively.
Lately, I haven't been doing that well against terran, and I was worried about it. I thought that if I played like I always do, I'll be beat, so I was struggling to come up with some innovative build when the coach suggested queen use, especially since the map(SCPR) was kinda fit for it.

Q: Why do you think this hasn't been effective before?
JD: I think the reason that kind of strategy didn't work is because queens were only used for showoff, in a way that didn't really matter if it worked or not. If it worked, good, if not, well, big deal.

Q: Were you thinking about using the queen if Fantasy would've come up with mechanic?
JD: If he went mechanic, I would have opted for another strategy. But he went bionic, so I was able to show it.

Q: Will you keep using this queen/defiler combo in the future?
It's hard to say, because there are already units like defiles that take a lot of attention and micro, and adding a queen to the equation, you might have too much on your plate and could lose focus and throw the game. However, if the timing is good, the use of a queen could tip the balance to your side.

Personally, I will continue to use it a lot in the future. I practiced really hard, and still it was tough. It's hard to get used to having another unit to pay attention to, but if you get used to it, it might let [zerg] evolve one step further. Of course it takes a lot of micro, but if other zergs try hard enough, I think they can use it too. They should stop trying to go the safe/comfortable way, and instead try this at least once.

Q: Where you trying to infest the nat cc?
Well, the opponent wasn't lifting his cc, so I was going to infest it but my timing was one step behind and it got destroyed. Anyways, my queen wasn't initially at that spot to infest the cc.

Q: How did it go during practice?
During practice, terrans told me it was really annoying. Even knowing about it, it was troublesome to deal with, so that gave me confidence.

Q: Did you expect to face Bisu in the ace set?
JD: I figured that it would be one of the protoss players. BeSt took out ZerO on Destination in a recent ace match. But I didn't think it'd be Bisu.

Q: Did you think he'd DT harass?
JD: I was 100% sure he would. But I wasn't able to defend against it perfectly. Between the maynards and the hydras pacing back-n-forth, I'd accumulated a disadvantage. So to recoup my loss I attacked the 10 o'clock expo.

Q: Your HT-sniping was excellent
JD: At that point in the game I knew the templars each had 2 storms, so I sent in mutas. Though I lost them all, it was well worth it.

Q: At what point during the game you knew you had won?
After I killed all the HT, our armies clashed in the middle of the map. I knew the game was mine after I wiped out all of the dragoons.

And the rest is pretty standard. When asked how he feels about the 6 dragons, he says that with confidence and a strict focus on the game and not the player, he's sure to win. When asked how he feel being 1 win away from the top of the "most win in PL" ranking, he says there's not much to think about, and that it's constantly being updated so he's able to catch up whenever.

Oh and JaeDong wants everyone to bask in the festival atmosphere of Christmas and have an exciting new year. In the meantime he'll be practicing hard for his MSL survivor group come Jan 1st.


I must say that I enjoyed the queen/defiler combo, but the game vs bisu was JUST. SO. DAMN. GOOD. Bisu pulled out every vZ trick, every single one that helped take him to the top - sair reaver, sair dt, drop harass, rolling army with mass-unit-killing HT/reaver combo... And the ending was so so gnarly, I don't think I've ever seen this many toss units explode in unison, like christmas fireworks.

Facebook Twitter Reddit
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
December 24 2008 11:47 GMT
#2
Spoiler tag, please?
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-24 18:02:33
December 24 2008 13:48 GMT
#3
Ok, I'm feeling too lazy to translate it all, but for the xmas spirit, I'll focus in what he said overall the queen ensnare thing.

Q: Your ensnare-darkswarm use today was awesome.
JD: I had tried it before a lot of times, both in practice and tv games, but this time I wanted to come up with a build where I would be able to use this effectively.
Lately, I haven't been doing that well against terran, and I was worried about it. I thought that if I played like I always do, I'll be beat, so I was struggling to come up with some innovative build when the coach suggested queen use, especially since the map(SCPR) was kinda fit for it.

Q: Why do you think this hasn't been effective before?
JD: I think the reason that kind of strategy didn't work is because queens were only used for showoff, in a way that didn't really matter if it worked or not. If it worked, good, if not, well, big deal.

Q: Were you thinking about using the queen if Fantasy would've come up with mechanic?
JD: If he went mechanic, I would have opted for another strategy. But he went bionic, so I was able to show it.

Q: Will you keep using this queen/defiler combo in the future?
It's hard to say, because there are already units like defiles that take a lot of attention and micro, and adding a queen to the equation, you might have too much on your plate and could lose focus and throw the game. However, if the timing is good, the use of a queen could tip the balance to your side.

Personally, I will continue to use it a lot in the future. I practiced really hard, and still it was tough. It's hard to get used to having another unit to pay attention to, but if you get used to it, it might let [zerg] evolve one step further. Of course it takes a lot of micro, but if other zergs try hard enough, I think they can use it too. They should stop trying to go the safe/comfortable way, and instead try this at least once.

Q: Where you trying to infest the nat cc?
Well, the opponent wasn't lifting his cc, so I was going to infest it but my timing was one step behind and it got destroyed. Anyways, my queen wasn't initially at that spot to infest the cc.

Q: How did it go during practice?
During practice, terrans told me it was really annoying. Even knowing about it, it was troublesome to deal with, so that gave me confidence.

That's the part about the queen usage. There is no much more left of the interview, but I just need to get a nap. I'm sure someone else will complete it for you guys. Anyways, I'm guessing the part everyone was looking for was about the queen ensnare, so merry xmas!

EDIT: Fixed typo. Thanks to Zortch for spotting it.
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
December 24 2008 13:54 GMT
#4
Thanks a lot RamenStyle. Very nice answers. Great to know he'll keep using queens a lot.
Administrator
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-24 14:21:32
December 24 2008 14:08 GMT
#5
Yes!!! The Jaedong build, it's official folks! How effective and useful it will be in the long run, we will see. The two hatch muta got countered quite quickly.

God I'm excited. I mean, I don't think there is a zerg player on this board who hasn't theory wanked Queen usage. It has taken so long but it's here. I'm equally happy that it would be JAEDONG, out of everyone else, who will lead the way. (Well actually, didn't Chojja use queens a lot?)

I'm happy with Jaedong's newest, latest role as the zerg revolutionist (Though he really has been doing so for the last year). It looks like he's been working really hard to try and innovate, and he's not gonna stop any time soon.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
AzureEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1360 Posts
December 24 2008 14:22 GMT
#6
Nice!
Terrans who whine: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=107788
village_idiot
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
2436 Posts
December 24 2008 14:27 GMT
#7
It could become a staple in Zerg play as long as the Zerg users are not stubborn to learn. The good thing about queens is that they are along the tech tree and work quite well with pure lurkling and especially lurkling defiler.

And you don't have to use them all the time, just use them when you feel comfortable before the crazy macro game starts.
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
December 24 2008 14:34 GMT
#8
He sounds motivated. I'm really, really excited.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
Zortch
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada635 Posts
December 24 2008 14:45 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation! ^^
I hope the queen gets more use. Another unit could open up new strategies all over the place.

Found a tiny typo btw
On December 24 2008 22:48 RamenStyle wrote:
Q: Where you thinking about using the queen if Fantasy would've come up with mechanic?
JD: If he went mechanic, I would have opted for another strategy. But he went bionic, so I was able to show it.

That first where should be were i assume.
No big deal of course just thuoght I'd mention it.
Respect is everything. ~ARchon
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-24 15:46:56
December 24 2008 15:08 GMT
#10
Nice job Ramen. I'll finish off the 2nd half.

Jaedong: With proper queen usage, Zerg shall be even stronger

Q: Did you expect to face Bisu in the ace set?
JD: I figured that it would be one of the protoss players. BeSt took out ZerO on Destination in a recent ace match. But I didn't think it'd be Bisu.

Q: Did you think he'd DT harass?
JD: I was 100% sure he would. But I wasn't able to defend against it perfectly. Between the maynards and the hydras pacing back-n-forth, I'd accumulated a disadvantage. So to recoup my loss I attacked the 10 o'clock expo.

Q: Your HT-sniping was excellent
JD: At that point in the game I knew the templars each had 2 storms, so I sent in mutas. Though I lost them all, it was well worth it.

Q: At what point during the game you knew you had won?
After I killed all the HT, our armies clashed in the middle of the map. I knew the game was mine after I wiped out all of the dragoons.

And the rest is pretty standard. When asked how he feels about the 6 dragons, he says that with confidence and a strict focus on the game and not the player, he's sure to win. When asked how he feel being 1 win away from the top of the "most win in PL" ranking, he says there's not much to think about, and that it's constantly being updated so he's able to catch up whenever.

Oh and JaeDong wants everyone to bask in the festival atmosphere of Christmas and have an exciting new year. In the meantime he'll be practicing hard for his MSL survivor group come Jan 1st.
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
December 24 2008 15:18 GMT
#11
Now if only someone could figure a good way to use dare I say

+ Show Spoiler +
SCOUTS?
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
Proposal
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1310 Posts
December 24 2008 15:27 GMT
#12
DAMN, stream was too bad I couldn't watch those live :[
Xstatic
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States765 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-24 15:30:21
December 24 2008 15:29 GMT
#13
@ Gearitup why would you use scouts? Use sairs for anti-air, use reavers for harass, scouts do no damage and cost a shitload. You could get a shuttle and a templar for that same price! I wouldn't touch the S button except for the humiliation factor.

As for queens, now high-APM zerg will be rewarded with parasiting and broodling against all races - imagine parasiting an enemy observer and spying on the protoss army, and spawning broodlings on templar! Now to find a way to push back that +1 archon/zealot push, hehehe ...

Ensnare also seems to be a great spell to slow down enemy armies for flanks; almost seems like WC3-level micro, except on a large scale against large armies. I have to admit, good PvZs are beautiful to watch, especially when the zerg rolls over the protoss.

I need to watch JD and this series ASAP.
Snow - Protoss the way it was meant to be, one mindgame at a time ^^
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
December 24 2008 15:39 GMT
#14
Hm if they parasited my observer I would probably trash it... Whereas you cant trash a science vessel as easily they are too expensive, (I hope everyone saw him parasite a vessel)
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
December 24 2008 15:41 GMT
#15
On December 24 2008 22:48 RamenStyle wrote:
Q: Will you keep using this queen/defiler combo in the future?
It's hard to say, because there are already units like defiles that take a lot of attention and micro, and adding a queen to the equation, you might have too much on your plate and could lose focus and throw the game. However, if the timing is good, the use of a queen could tip the balance to your side.

Personally, I will continue to use it a lot in the future. I practiced really hard, and still it was tough. It's hard to get used to having another unit to pay attention to, but if you get used to it, it might let [zerg] evolve one step further. Of course it takes a lot of micro, but if other zergs try hard enough, I think they can use it too. They should stop trying to go the safe/comfortable way, and instead try this at least once.


I'll quote this for all players thinking that "progamers can do everything" (e.g. Idra who in some thread asked me for an example when I said that SC requires too much multitasking even for progamers - of course anything I would have said would have been ignored, but now here you have one answer, from the best Z in the world).

Pros can't do everything, in games which take longer than 15 minutes their attention begins to falter and while they're still quite amazing compared to us trashy players, they're still far from perfect so that using 2 micro intensive spellcasters in late game can be a very tough thing to do, and now there's the question if this is really a good thing that it is that hard to do... if the best Z in the world has trouble doing it because of the insane multitasking requirements, all other players can probably just forget about it completely, and that's a shame... because it's an interesting unit which is underused only because of multitasking being too hard.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
December 24 2008 16:03 GMT
#16
Queens have their uses, that's for sure.
Although not as powerful as defilers their mobility counts for a lot.

I like to broodling templars instead of using a control group of mutas.
Personally it seems more cost effective and it isn't much more in the way of micro.. I wonder if JD will ever try that out.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
December 24 2008 16:31 GMT
#17
On December 25 2008 00:41 0xDEADBEEF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2008 22:48 RamenStyle wrote:
Q: Will you keep using this queen/defiler combo in the future?
It's hard to say, because there are already units like defiles that take a lot of attention and micro, and adding a queen to the equation, you might have too much on your plate and could lose focus and throw the game. However, if the timing is good, the use of a queen could tip the balance to your side.

Personally, I will continue to use it a lot in the future. I practiced really hard, and still it was tough. It's hard to get used to having another unit to pay attention to, but if you get used to it, it might let [zerg] evolve one step further. Of course it takes a lot of micro, but if other zergs try hard enough, I think they can use it too. They should stop trying to go the safe/comfortable way, and instead try this at least once.


I'll quote this for all players thinking that "progamers can do everything" (e.g. Idra who in some thread asked me for an example when I said that SC requires too much multitasking even for progamers - of course anything I would have said would have been ignored, but now here you have one answer, from the best Z in the world).

Pros can't do everything, in games which take longer than 15 minutes their attention begins to falter and while they're still quite amazing compared to us trashy players, they're still far from perfect so that using 2 micro intensive spellcasters in late game can be a very tough thing to do, and now there's the question if this is really a good thing that it is that hard to do... if the best Z in the world has trouble doing it because of the insane multitasking requirements, all other players can probably just forget about it completely, and that's a shame... because it's an interesting unit which is underused only because of multitasking being too hard.


yeah, and thats a good thing, JaeDong talks about improving even more, this is true competition, improving with no limits, over the human condition.
Imagine if he wasnt talking about improving but about a limit, things are good the way they are
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
December 24 2008 16:44 GMT
#18
On December 25 2008 00:08 .risingdragoon wrote:
Nice job Ramen. I'll finish off the 2nd half.

Jaedong: With proper queen usage, Zerg shall be even stronger

Q: Did you expect to face Bisu in the ace set?
JD: I figured that it would be one of the protoss players. BeSt took out ZerO on Destination in a recent ace match. But I didn't think it'd be Bisu.

Q: Did you think he'd DT harass?
JD: I was 100% sure he would. But I wasn't able to defend against it perfectly. Between the maynards and the hydras pacing back-n-forth, I'd accumulated a disadvantage. So to recoup my loss I attacked the 10 o'clock expo.

Q: Your HT-sniping was excellent
JD: At that point in the game I knew the templars each had 2 storms, so I sent in mutas. Though I lost them all, it was well worth it.

Q: At what point during the game you knew you had won?
After I killed all the HT, our armies clashed in the middle of the map. I knew the game was mine after I wiped out all of the dragoons.

And the rest is pretty standard. When asked how he feels about the 6 dragons, he says that with confidence and a strict focus on the game and not the player, he's sure to win. When asked how he feel being 1 win away from the top of the "most win in PL" ranking, he says there's not much to think about, and that it's constantly being updated so he's able to catch up whenever.

Oh and JaeDong wants everyone to bask in the festival atmosphere of Christmas and have an exciting new year. In the meantime he'll be practicing hard for his MSL survivor group come Jan 1st.


jesus that's a lot of deep thinking. How many of us are thinking 'hmm, his templars have 2 storms'? WTF.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 24 2008 16:48 GMT
#19
On December 25 2008 00:41 0xDEADBEEF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2008 22:48 RamenStyle wrote:
Q: Will you keep using this queen/defiler combo in the future?
It's hard to say, because there are already units like defiles that take a lot of attention and micro, and adding a queen to the equation, you might have too much on your plate and could lose focus and throw the game. However, if the timing is good, the use of a queen could tip the balance to your side.

Personally, I will continue to use it a lot in the future. I practiced really hard, and still it was tough. It's hard to get used to having another unit to pay attention to, but if you get used to it, it might let [zerg] evolve one step further. Of course it takes a lot of micro, but if other zergs try hard enough, I think they can use it too. They should stop trying to go the safe/comfortable way, and instead try this at least once.


I'll quote this for all players thinking that "progamers can do everything" (e.g. Idra who in some thread asked me for an example when I said that SC requires too much multitasking even for progamers - of course anything I would have said would have been ignored, but now here you have one answer, from the best Z in the world).

Pros can't do everything, in games which take longer than 15 minutes their attention begins to falter and while they're still quite amazing compared to us trashy players, they're still far from perfect so that using 2 micro intensive spellcasters in late game can be a very tough thing to do, and now there's the question if this is really a good thing that it is that hard to do... if the best Z in the world has trouble doing it because of the insane multitasking requirements, all other players can probably just forget about it completely, and that's a shame... because it's an interesting unit which is underused only because of multitasking being too hard.

Well, that is not to say it can't be used on lower levels, that is similar to saying that incredible muta harass can't be pulled off by your average gamer, which is perfectly true. However a lessor form of muta harass is still viable and effective.

Just like that, I would say ensnare use by Zergs at all levels would be useful, if pulled off more or less right. When you are a crazy Korean Zerg and you are focusing on so many things, casting plague like a nutjob, microing/macroing setting up flanks simultanously, yeah throwing in a few queens to control will be a pain in the ass, yet possible. So on lower levels we do everything at a lessor level, this would just be another one of those things.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
village_idiot
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
2436 Posts
December 24 2008 16:52 GMT
#20
On December 25 2008 01:44 gg_hertzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2008 00:08 .risingdragoon wrote:
Nice job Ramen. I'll finish off the 2nd half.

Jaedong: With proper queen usage, Zerg shall be even stronger

Q: Did you expect to face Bisu in the ace set?
JD: I figured that it would be one of the protoss players. BeSt took out ZerO on Destination in a recent ace match. But I didn't think it'd be Bisu.

Q: Did you think he'd DT harass?
JD: I was 100% sure he would. But I wasn't able to defend against it perfectly. Between the maynards and the hydras pacing back-n-forth, I'd accumulated a disadvantage. So to recoup my loss I attacked the 10 o'clock expo.

Q: Your HT-sniping was excellent
JD: At that point in the game I knew the templars each had 2 storms, so I sent in mutas. Though I lost them all, it was well worth it.

Q: At what point during the game you knew you had won?
After I killed all the HT, our armies clashed in the middle of the map. I knew the game was mine after I wiped out all of the dragoons.

And the rest is pretty standard. When asked how he feels about the 6 dragons, he says that with confidence and a strict focus on the game and not the player, he's sure to win. When asked how he feel being 1 win away from the top of the "most win in PL" ranking, he says there's not much to think about, and that it's constantly being updated so he's able to catch up whenever.

Oh and JaeDong wants everyone to bask in the festival atmosphere of Christmas and have an exciting new year. In the meantime he'll be practicing hard for his MSL survivor group come Jan 1st.


jesus that's a lot of deep thinking. How many of us are thinking 'hmm, his templars have 2 storms'? WTF.

Me.

I've lost too many times due to Protoss turtling while massing army and energy. That's why muta sniping is extremely important in ZvP.

If you don't keep the templar count low your shit will explode during battle.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4643
Horang2 394
Hyuk 357
BeSt 133
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 67
Killer 65
ggaemo 57
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Snow 52
Bonyth 37
Bale 35
JYJ 12
League of Legends
JimRising 553
Other Games
gofns10087
summit1g9089
singsing1086
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2402
League of Legends
• Lourlo1429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
58m
INu's Battles
2h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 58m
Replay Cast
13h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.