• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:46
CEST 08:46
KST 15:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9195 users

Hackers Caught !! - Page 21

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 30 Next All
Jaskwith
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States197 Posts
April 21 2008 15:22 GMT
#401
On April 21 2008 18:46 kroko wrote:
Some comments I found funny in "Spades Rep Pack" Topic.

"+ Your timing is great. You know very well the optimum times to push out against toss after they react to your FE."

"- Your academy work is pretty poor. In most of the games, you rarely use your scan. Your comstats are at 200 constantly, and you only check expos sporadically. This is the biggest hole in your game that I saw. Of course, you win in all your reps, so it doesn't seem to hurt you, but I assume in some other games it has."

"My TvP style is based on my timing pushes"

"But thanks for the criticisms, i have a paranoia tvp of not having scan energy for dts/arbs. So i try to scan as little as possible, but i have to get around that and start using them more frequently." LOL...

" NerO United States. February 06 2008 14:14. Posts 1644 PM Profile Quote
he only has good timing cus he hacks all florida players hack. 2004 vote hack 2000 vote hack"
Good call, sir !

"wow some nice TvP's i've only watched the first 3 reps, vs mgz)li, and i'm pretty amazed the gosu timings and game sense. its like whenever i go 3 facs with late ebay, i always get owned. Maybe thast why i'm noob..."



HAHAHAHAHAH that is funniest stuff...now i think back hen i was watching some gosu reps and thinking these sorts of comments...ha..i guess al i had to do as dl hacks? problem solved.
sMi.jaSK
Craixs
Profile Joined January 2008
Denmark170 Posts
April 21 2008 15:57 GMT
#402
nice job admins
Entusman #9.
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 16:13:25
April 21 2008 16:09 GMT
#403
On April 21 2008 21:12 AnOth3rDAy wrote:
One important thing:

Its good that we can catch hackers.
But dont make HASTY DECISIONS

For example:
BW-Space is on the hackers list.

Yet there is only 1 replay of him with no clicks. This was not evidence enough according to this method. I feel that most people are abit too eager to catch the hackers and if they find someone calling someone a hacker and posting 1 rep at some sight they post it at their own site aswell. If BW-Space is really a hacker, then so be it. But atleast wait for some more replays, OR post the replays for us to download.

I know many real hackers will be caught, but there might be some exceptions if the replaycount is too low.

/Anotherday


I also checked a couple of BW-Space reps in my folder. It seems like he doesn't click much on enemy units/buildings so that might be it. Only a few suspicious actions in every rep I found.
This post at teamliquid was very throughout and I have no reason to distrust them about the names the first post, but the german brood war community on BWCL need to gather more evidence before I believe them about the names posted there.

I also checked some xzoz reps, I don't think he should be on that list either.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
April 21 2008 16:28 GMT
#404
WELL.. that explains a few things. Well done guys keep the house clean!
XK ßubonic
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
April 21 2008 17:06 GMT
#405
i dont think space would hack, he was already banned on iccup and I only saw 1 replay of proof against him
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
uNiGNoRe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Germany1115 Posts
April 21 2008 17:14 GMT
#406
I can't describe in words how much I love you for this TL.net!
Liquid`HayprO
Profile Joined March 2003
Iraq1230 Posts
April 21 2008 17:16 GMT
#407
yeah i remember the "one replay and ban" thing. its really unfair when there so little proof.
Team LiquidOur friendship will be the stuff of legend.
Joe Kim
Profile Joined April 2008
United States4 Posts
April 21 2008 18:51 GMT
#408
Here is my official post. Foremost, the method of catching maphackers is ingenious. I'm impressed by the time and effort that was spent dedicated for this cause. I have no way to prove that my WGTCL replays did not have maphack involved since nearly all had no clicks. On January 24th 2008, I declared retirement from Brood War in mist of serving at church, working two jobs, and attending college. My main passion was to serve my second year as a short-term missionary in Mongolia. That day in January apparently wasn't the last time I would be "playing" this game. I received a big money offer to join a team in return that I would win clan wars for them. Initially, I was more for declining and retiring as an S.pG). The sum increased and I couldn't refuse. In the back of my mind, I knew this was a mistake because I would just be taking money and not showing up. Drastic times called for drastic measures and I sought some of my friends on west to play as me. I told them that I didn't care if they win or lose as long as they don't make me look newb and ruin my reputation. Obviously, I'm not expecting anyone to believe this statement. However, I admit to not playing my games as a Keeper. In those regards, I should be banned for account sharing and I am deeply sorry for ruining Keepers' reputation. My intentions were not to damage anyone or any team. Yes, I should have stopped completely and not let anyone use my ID in any way, shape, or form. Greed got the best of me and my character, my reputation, my motives have been tainted. I apologize for all of the disappointment and demise I put anyone through, especially Keepers and USA-B.

Much love and respect,
Joe Kim
i know God has put a seed in you. for that reason itself, i can't ever let myself regret meetin you.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 21 2008 18:58 GMT
#409
It's a good thing you took the proper actions to make sure your reputation (whatever that was) didn't get tarnished. Glad it worked out for you.

Oh good luck spreading the word of God. Nice to see a cheater operates as respectfully in his games as he does in life. WOW
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 21 2008 19:05 GMT
#410
Ugh, you know it's good when they start setting up excuses before they even tackle the issue of what happened.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Dino
Profile Joined December 2007
United States9 Posts
April 21 2008 19:19 GMT
#411
--- Nuked ---
Joe Kim
Profile Joined April 2008
United States4 Posts
April 21 2008 19:20 GMT
#412
watch yourself geoff, i'm not here to BM you.
i know God has put a seed in you. for that reason itself, i can't ever let myself regret meetin you.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 21 2008 19:24 GMT
#413
That's good cause I am not the one sitting here with my hands red. Don't for one second start with the "watch yourself" bullshit. You fucking cheated. You did so thinking that it was ok cause you were fucking making money while cheating. Oh my God. How fucking dumb can you be? Any and all comments you receive from pissed off legit gamers IS DESERVED. YOu should fucking know that. But then again, you thought cheating would maintain some kind of good reputation so it is pretty clear you have no idea how things work.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 21 2008 19:27 GMT
#414
in case there was any ambiguity there: I AM HERE TO BM YOU. YOU CHEATED. YOU DESERVE THIS. It's the least I can do buddy! Public shaming has been a communal form of punishment for thousands of years! I enjoy it
Joe Kim
Profile Joined April 2008
United States4 Posts
April 21 2008 19:29 GMT
#415
yeah, you're absolutely right geoff.
i know God has put a seed in you. for that reason itself, i can't ever let myself regret meetin you.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
April 21 2008 19:33 GMT
#416
Hmm JoeKim that's pretty much just as bad as if you had hacked yourself.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Dino
Profile Joined December 2007
United States9 Posts
April 21 2008 19:50 GMT
#417
--- Nuked ---
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
April 21 2008 20:01 GMT
#418
I just reviewed my reps from MOTC and Localhost has no clicks there EITHER. So how many times did he accidentally leave it on?? Im ashamed, I really was a fan of localhosts.

And how many stupid fuckers think any of us believe that their FRIENDS played, LOL...

You fucking hackers make me literally sick, Im not even joking, I think of your stupid hacker faces and instantly have the shits. Fuck you, you worthless slug worms.
Chains none
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 20:04:21
April 21 2008 20:03 GMT
#419
On April 22 2008 04:50 Dino wrote:
No one is going to bm me? O.o

Well, I can ban you if you want.
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
April 21 2008 20:04 GMT
#420
On April 22 2008 02:16 haypro wrote:
yeah i remember the "one replay and ban" thing. its really unfair when there so little proof.


However, when it is 100% even one single piece of evidence is enough, eh?
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 323
Free 174
sorry 82
Mind 73
Bale 29
ZergMaN 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 668
Other Games
summit1g9100
Coldzera 720
WinterStarcraft681
C9.Mang0318
Sick195
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2187
Other Games
• Shiphtur699
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 14m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.