• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:59
CEST 22:59
KST 05:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7499 users

Fantasy streaming BW at 7pm KST today

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-13 20:33:19
August 09 2023 06:18 GMT
#1
https://bj.afreecatv.com/mhj9171/post/105690636

Announcement: I will turn on my stream on once today

I will be starting stream on 7PM today~

It's been a while since I've streamed so there might be things I'm not entirely used to so please watch with patient heart (_ _)


fantasy's stream: https://bj.afreecatv.com/mhj9171


translated bits on first page

tl'd video form:


PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
August 09 2023 10:23 GMT
#2
He is just watching the replay of the gamers8 games.
The heart's eternal vow
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 10:47:29
August 09 2023 10:25 GMT
#3
lol Fantasy asked MC to practice SC1 vs him since MC didn't seem like he was playing SC2 at all when MC had SC2 match to play and MC agreed to play with him

Fantasy asked again a day before his sc2 match and MC declined him saying that he might need to practice some SC2 and then proceeded to win the entire thing

jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 20:44:10
August 09 2023 10:59 GMT
#4
I will translate the video form if fantasy uploads the vod on his afreeca. Seems like he would since he's been hinting throughout the stream this is a beginning. He will say more about his future at end

here's his notepad TL on his pre-saudi storytime


Last year around November, contract with sandbox ended and I was looking for more teams
It didn't work out so well so I started playing SC1 a bit. I played until January, and I was wondering about if I should stream but it didn't seem right, so I didn't

English classes, exercising (swimming), middle/high school lectures, league ect (after)

around at end of April, I heard JYJ reached finals of ASL
I intended to just obs the games and guide
But JYJ didn't have anyone to practice with so I played around 5 times
JYJ was doing a lot of experimenting on builds so I won a bit more (early-mid game)
My mechanics aren't 100% back yet

May 26th came Saudi-cup invitation mail
Around here was when I had lots of thoughts about my future and nothing interesting was going on so I replied
I thought "I have to partipate in this"
and from here I began to play ladder a bit

First 3 games were just really hard and I had almost no game knowledge
I learned watching Light and Royal mainly

I slowly and steadily kept playing and my MMR started rising up, so around July I got on Snow's YouTube and rumors began flying around

These 3 mystery terran IDs are mine:
qweqwe thsvnfdj IIIIIIIII

Until 1 week before departing, I only played ladder
Few days before departure, I played some customs

Protoss: ParalyzE, Rain (when I won Baccus, I went to Ganju with these 2 and practiced)
Zerg: sOO (Build practice), Sacsri

Honestly, I thought it would be hard to practice at Saudi, so I thought of these games as my last practice games before tournament

But on site, I was lucky and met MC, so I played a few games and it helped.
It seemed like he wasn't playing SC2 at all so I asked MC for help a day before MC's games

He declined suddenly saying "man, I think I might need to play some SC2" and then proceeded to win
Borrowed MC's earphones and MVP helped around when I felt under weather

For Saudi, I mainly practiced around image-training in my head and it helped a lot
During the actual games, as soon as I won my first match, I immediately thought "wow, this might be possible"
Afterwards, luck was on my side and a lot of pieces fell together

GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 11:13:39
August 09 2023 11:05 GMT
#5
any mods able to add the stream to the featured streams list?
Commentator
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 11:17:52
August 09 2023 11:11 GMT
#6
Viewer Q: Seemed like your playstyle is mixed with both SC2 and SC1 watching your games.

Fantasy A: I played sc2 for long time, so I think there are influences. I think I've only taken positive inputs from my SC2 experience. It also helped a lot build-order wise as previously, I used to be rigid in my builds, previously thinking "I must only play my prepared builds in this map", but now, I'm more fluid with them and maps
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 11:28 GMT
#7
Fantasy: You know how a lot of things changed with remastered?
As for me, I changed everything, wide screen, sc2-hotkeys, and my patrol hotkey is Q-hotkey.
For this, I changed it when remastered came out since I went in with mind, if I'm going to play, I would need to adapt on.
I'm not saying what Bisu does is bad though.
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 11:55:13
August 09 2023 11:54 GMT
#8
For practicing in Saudi, we were all in 1 room. Having Bisu and JaeDong in 1 practice room facing each other felt odd having both of them in same practice room. Stork on other side as well. It was something to pump your passions up.

For practicing vs each other, we all went with off-race when facing each other since we could face each other except when Stork asked to play a regular game one time. That was all though

European ladder lagged, so I played customs instead, and I played a lot of Fastest. Europeans seemed pretty good at Fastest.

It was more of warming up games though.
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 12:03:04
August 09 2023 12:00 GMT
#9
Plans for Future

For now, at end of this month, I will go to Seoul. Somewhere to rent out
Reason behind this is, I have offer from unviersity to be a League lecturer in 2nd semester

Nowadays, universities have league and from next on, electives on League may be created
so for this year, I got invited to be special lecturer
(also nearer to GF)

I have agent on League of Legends side, and there seems to be positive news around League. so I think I will attempt on League this year at least

if there isn't any hope, I wouldn't, but it seems to be positive so I planned around it since I have uni lecture and moving to seoul anyway

I'm not solely looking for 1st team opportunities, but 2nd team as well since I don't really have any accomplishment and I feel like I have unfinished business in League.

so for this year at least, I will focus on League


jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:04 GMT
#10
I think upgrade-terran playstyle is just letting protoss do whatever they want too much

I ditched that playstyle 1 week in, it just wasn't for me.

so my games never have 1factory-1armory
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:08 GMT
#11
If [League plans] don't work out, well, this is what I planned for this year. If it doesn't work out, I will think of it then and it may change. Nowadays, League market isn't that open, so it may be rough.

if I were to go out on ASL, It would be when I already am streaming, and only when I have sufficient amount of skill.

If I am not in a team in future, I can appear in few streams in future.
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:11 GMT
#12
if I were to join SC uni team, I would go in team where I know the people since atmoshpere is important and all.

For future, I don't know what it holds, so I can't really promise streaming in my future. It depends on what fate holds for me.

For SC uni competition, I haven't kept up with it nowadays but I watched previous seasons at times.

jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:16 GMT
#13
Player's I've felt frustrated against?

Snow. It's not in-game that I felt frustrated with, it's his YouTube. Game-wise, he felt beatable and it was fine and all if he wins games.

But he uploads way too much on YouTube. Like that game where I lost vulture and lost. He uploads games I didn't play well on way too much.

jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:16 GMT
#14
As for my game-styles in tournament
as I went through SC2, I became bit more adaptable, my plastyle and build-choices
So in that afters game 1 of finals, I thought "today, I need to throw away my prepared mech-switch build and instead go for aggressive style instead, I should only do 2rax into valk push"

in my SC1 days, I tended to only stick with gameplan I prepared ahead of time and never was flexible.
With SC2, I felt like my in-game decisions and changing build mid-series became lot more natural to me.
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:24 GMT
#15
game I felt most memorable
vs jaedong gwangangli at outsider
vs sOO on King Sejong Station
It was Boxer vs Joyo level
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:25 GMT
#16
on creation of mech switch:

I think I made mech-switch playstyle myself.
my ace match vs woongjin was pretty much set
and before that final, I played it a few times and asked to be sent out
Since woongjin most definitely will send out zerg
As you know during that match, my details during that game was really off, but the build was that good
that day, I did interview after that game and said that I made it myself since I would say it if coach said it
When I was practicing, in TvZ, after 4th gas, whatever I did, I could not win with SK
So I thought "man, you do need to go mech but..." and I kept thinking and a lightbulb went off
"why must you stick with bio and not go with mech? Why must you stick with a beaten path?"
...
But the future solved counter to mech switch on queen... I think it can be countered and dealt with using vessels and likes.
So thats why I prepared mech switch for these series in finals [in saudi]
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:30 GMT
#17
the SC meta nowadays are very similiar to meta I really liked
TvZ- valks, TvP- bunker expand TvT- vessel vult+tank
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:30 GMT
#18
favorite units

SC1- vulture, SC2- banshee
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 12:33:44
August 09 2023 12:33 GMT
#19
zerg- calm

my rival- for terran I would put down FlaSh.
Even though I know Flash's rival isn't me, for me, it is him because he's someone I looked up to catch up with him being my background picture and all.

Protoss- JangBi, Stork


and yes, electric circuit build was given to me by FlaSh
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 12:38 GMT
#20
what took me surprise about new meta?

TvZ, defensive firebat- since lurker stacking didn't exist when I played, I felt like it was great idea.
I use it often

TvP, Shuttle templar toss since I didn't face it before. Seems good

Zerg's hydra defiler seems really good too.

Shutte-templar counter? Defend your base well. But that's hard.
Your vulture count is important too since there is a lot of vulture-templar, you need to focus on more vults rather than always making 2 tanks at a time. templar focus fire too.

Well, I have long ways to go in my skill level yet. But, this is just an if, if I were to participate in major proleague, I think my skills would increase a lot since progamers talk to each other a lot there.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 450
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 16
Dota 2
420jenkins590
Counter-Strike
fl0m4382
Fnx 598
minikerr4
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4820
Liquid`Hasu683
Other Games
summit1g4357
Liquid`RaSZi1714
FrodaN458
XaKoH 398
ToD249
C9.Mang0136
RotterdaM95
QueenE63
JuggernautJason34
PPMD28
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21102
Other Games
• Shiphtur962
• imaqtpie557
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 1m
Patches Events
19h 1m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.