• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8847 users

Fantasy streaming BW at 7pm KST today - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
August 09 2023 12:48 GMT
#21
Why are Korean millionaires living like university students from Bulgaria who went to study in *insert any European country* on a dollar a day budget and dumpster diving? This is a serious question.
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-09 12:59:49
August 09 2023 12:49 GMT
#22
On August 09 2023 21:48 Nirli wrote:
Why are Korean millionaires living like university students from Bulgaria who went to study in *insert any European country* on a dollar a day budget and dumpster diving? This is a serious question.


average apartment price in seoul is approaching millions. Korea is tiny country that is even more centered around 1 city in Seoul

anyways, I downloaded vod. I will translate and release it in parts since its a very long vod and lots of highlights
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9386 Posts
August 09 2023 13:51 GMT
#23
jinjin, you awesome hero !
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
TMNT
Profile Joined January 2021
3378 Posts
August 09 2023 13:55 GMT
#24
These progamers earning decent money doesn't mean they are milionnaires though, except for maybe a few. Most of them just live in basic conditions. Plus, it seems like BW pros don't have the lavish lifestyle you typically see in celebrities (like singers or footballers who are actual millionaires). Bisu is one of the richest pros but when he gave a tour of his apartment it was just a small, regular apartment that doesn't scream rich at all. They put their money somewhere else.
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
August 09 2023 14:55 GMT
#25
Aside from the high cost of living, my other assumption is that they don't really care about their surroundings. If you're playing/streaming all day, there's really no incentive to maintain an apartment/house.
But still, some of them have like really basic conditions. Anyway, this is kind of off-topic (got surprised by Fantasy's half-homeless set-up).
Thank you jinjin for the effort.
Optimate
Profile Joined August 2020
251 Posts
August 09 2023 15:34 GMT
#26
TvZ, defensive firebat- since lurker stacking didn't exist when I played, I felt like it was great idea.
I use it often

What does he mean by this? How would defensive firebat help against lurker stacking?
Bonyth
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland619 Posts
August 09 2023 15:52 GMT
#27
defensive matrix firebat, i imagine
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
August 09 2023 18:13 GMT
#28
On August 09 2023 21:08 jinjin5000 wrote:
If [League plans] don't work out, well, this is what I planned for this year. If it doesn't work out, I will think of it then and it may change. Nowadays, League market isn't that open, so it may be rough.

if I were to go out on ASL, It would be when I already am streaming, and only when I have sufficient amount of skill.

If I am not in a team in future, I can appear in few streams in future.


Damn, I support him but I hope he doesn't get locked away in league in all honesty. It's purely selfishness but I really hope he streams Broodwar even if it's once in a while.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
August 09 2023 18:16 GMT
#29
On August 09 2023 21:24 jinjin5000 wrote:
game I felt most memorable
vs jaedong gwangangli at outsider
vs sOO on King Sejong Station
It was Boxer vs Joyo level


That game vs jaedong is so epic and burned into my brain, I even forced SaiyanSC to do a cocast of it with me earlier this year lol. But I had no idea what he was referencing for the second game until I googled "king sejong station" and saw it's a SC2 map lol.

Free Palestine
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
August 09 2023 18:20 GMT
#30
On August 10 2023 03:13 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2023 21:08 jinjin5000 wrote:
If [League plans] don't work out, well, this is what I planned for this year. If it doesn't work out, I will think of it then and it may change. Nowadays, League market isn't that open, so it may be rough.

if I were to go out on ASL, It would be when I already am streaming, and only when I have sufficient amount of skill.

If I am not in a team in future, I can appear in few streams in future.


Damn, I support him but I hope he doesn't get locked away in league in all honesty. It's purely selfishness but I really hope he streams Broodwar even if it's once in a while.


I'm taking this as a good sign that he's more likely to return to BW than before when he didn't want to stream at all. He's just easing into it and keeping his options open for now. But as he's seeing more success in BW between winning Gamers8 and seeing very positive fan reaction to his return I think he's more open to it than before. A year ago it looked like he would never start streaming BW.
Free Palestine
Optimate
Profile Joined August 2020
251 Posts
August 09 2023 19:38 GMT
#31
On August 10 2023 00:52 Bonyth wrote:
defensive matrix firebat, i imagine

Dang that is some big brain strategy.
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4535 Posts
August 09 2023 20:29 GMT
#32
On August 10 2023 04:38 Optimate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2023 00:52 Bonyth wrote:
defensive matrix firebat, i imagine

Dang that is some big brain strategy.


He's seen that on the artosis stream 100%
Team Liquid
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
August 09 2023 21:11 GMT
#33
Did he play any game on stream?
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 09 2023 21:56 GMT
#34
On August 10 2023 06:11 kogeT wrote:
Did he play any game on stream?


yea, vs calm to show his personal screen
Szinkler
Profile Joined July 2018
Hungary394 Posts
August 09 2023 22:35 GMT
#35
On August 10 2023 06:56 jinjin5000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2023 06:11 kogeT wrote:
Did he play any game on stream?


yea, vs calm to show his personal screen

https://vod.afreecatv.com/player/105704934?change_second=3292
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
August 10 2023 00:02 GMT
#36
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-10 01:31:40
August 10 2023 01:31 GMT
#37
Jinjin big thanks for translating everything! I didn't follow/watch anything yet but from reading your posts it seems he's not coming back at least this year... I don't even get it or understand, he just beat 2 top players while being inactive and still thinks about LoL. Unreal, almost crazy but good luck to him.
sunbeams are never made like me...
TMNT
Profile Joined January 2021
3378 Posts
August 10 2023 14:57 GMT
#38
Well we'll never know but maybe he loves LOL more than BW.

But the more obvious answer is he likes to be involved in a game with a proper professional scene. That's also the reason why he stuck with SC2 that long before moving to LOL.

If anyone is wondering, the "lectures" he mentioned in his stream are lectures he gives to high school students on "how to become a progamer" (yes, Korean education has this kind of stuff). It shows how much he wants to work in professional gaming.
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-11 05:32:02
August 11 2023 05:31 GMT
#39
The LoL scene at the moment is looking shaky and League isn't the dear only child of Riot anymore, so my bet is that we'll see him come back earlier.
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
August 11 2023 08:07 GMT
#40
On August 11 2023 14:31 Nirli wrote:
The LoL scene at the moment is looking shaky and League isn't the dear only child of Riot anymore, so my bet is that we'll see him come back earlier.

I am not versed in LoL at all but can you point a few links to discussions on these? I thought they had a fixed licensed league in South Korea, inhhoused streaming instead of OGN, Spotv, Afreeca, academies and world championships. Did people just get tired, was there some scandal, did riot change things?

Thank you jinjin for all the translations! Classic stork story, asks for a regular match then plays timid and crashes out. At least in asl15 it was against the later champion.
The heart's eternal vow
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
SpeCial 119
Nathanias 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 514
MaD[AoV]29
910 24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
fl0m4570
Fnx 615
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox531
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4019
Other Games
summit1g8196
FrodaN606
C9.Mang0260
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21299
Other Games
• Shiphtur760
• imaqtpie733
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 30m
Patches Events
17h 30m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.