Hey everyone, I know it's been a bit of a wait but I'm excited to let you know we're back for another season! That's right this is the official sign-up thread for CPL Season 6! For those of you who may not know, the Coach Pupil League is a StarCraft community designed to help lower to mid level players improve in a competitive team league format. Every season groups of players team up under the tutelage of experienced coaches and compete against each other over several weeks before entering into the playoffs, and eventually the finals!
If you'd like more information you can always check out our Liqupedia pages, join us on discord, view games from previous seasons on the CPL YouTube Channel, or follow us on Twitch! With no minimum requirement to join CPL is a great place to learn the game and get your start at StarCraft. If you already have some BroodWar experience but not sure how to improve, it's the perfect place to take your game to the next level!
CPL Season 5 Liquipedia: Coach Pupil League Season 5
CPL YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9KLft_fTBbpqQGI_fLlCqw
CPL Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/coachpupilleague
CPL Discord: https://discord.gg/6QEXQ8d
*CPL is free but if you would like to show us some support you can donate to us here: https://ko-fi.com/cplbw
CPL strives to include as many members of the community as possible, and so in short there are three varying types of roles in CPL. Players, Coaches, and Assistant Coaches.
Players can vary greatly in skill level, there is no minimum level to sign up as a player, but typically the upper limit in the past has been set around 1900mmr. Furthermore Players are divided up into different Tiers based on their skill level - this is in the hopes of providing as close of a match-up as possible.
Coaches are typically high level players, those that are too skilled to participate but still want to give back to the community and help it's player base grow and improve. Note that coaches are all community members and gamers volunteering their time to help!
Assistant Coaches fall into that grey area between coach and player. This role is for players who want to play and coach, or to just coach but maybe aren't as high leveled as some of the other coaches (and that is totally ok!) Assistant coach will only be assigned to those who want it and are at or above a Tier 0 level.
What to expect as a Player:
1. The opportunity to play up to one match a week vs an opponent of similar skill.
2. You do not have to participate every week.
3. You do not have to play at a specific time, but arranging to pre-play matches is up to you and your opponent.
4. Higher level players are expected to spend time assisting their team mates.
5. There is no minimum time requirement for participating, but the more you put into the CPL the more you get out of it!
What to expect as a Coach:
1. To spend some time Coaching your team members/helping them prepare for their matches.
2. All teams will have more than one coach to help with the time commitment, including Assistant Coaches.
3. Full autonomy in how they want to coach their players.
4. No requirements to handle team management (line-ups, substitutions, etc) - teams will be assigned a couple of Team Admins to help with that.
If you'd like to sign up for CPL Season 6, please provide the following information in this thread:
1. The StarCraft account name you will be using during CPL
2. Discord account you will be joining the discord with ex. ~Medi~#1708 (Please use a discord name that is the same or similar to your StarCraft account name to make things easier for everyone!)
3. Coach/Assistant Coach/Player (You can sign-up for BOTH an Assistant Coach and Player if you meet the requirements, but you'll need to qualify for Tier 0 to be an Assistant Coach.)
4. Approximate MMR (if you haven't laddered on StarCraft Remastered you can use an old ICCUP rank, or best guess)
5. Main Race/Match-ups if race picker (Random is not allowed, but you can play a different race week-to-week if you wish)
6. What is your timezone (This will greatly help us when creating teams to try our best to help get players in similar timezone to play with)
7. (optional) - If you'd like to be a Team Admin for your team (help handling team line-ups, reporting your teams scores) , or if you have any interest in volunteering for any other Admin work/casting etc. let us know!
8. (optional) - Any additional information we should know, such as having a couple players or a certain team you'd like to play with**
**Please note we will do our best to accommodate requests where we can, but can't guarantee anything as there are a number of factors that go into team creation.