• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:34
CEST 06:34
KST 13:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7813 users

how to honor original four workers?

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
mmhmm
Profile Joined November 2019
22 Posts
November 30 2019 03:17 GMT
#1
Brood war is a beautiful gane. It can be an emotional thing for me. Sometimes, after winning an epic 45 minute struggle, I'll stay in the game a while after my opponent leaves to marvel at my achievement.

But I did not achieve victory unassisted. None of us ever has.

In particular, I feel as if I owe an enormous debt to those original four workers that spawned at the start of the game. They were with me from the very beginning of my fight and, as often as not, some of them are still mining on my behalf all the way til the end.

I've often lamented the fact that I'm unable to identify those four diligent souls. I tend to have many workers by the end of the war (as do we all) and, despite my repeated pleas, those four laborers have never stepped forward to reveal themselves.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. And, if so, whether anyone has developed any ceremonies to honor those four brave souls who persevered.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
November 30 2019 03:26 GMT
#2
On November 30 2019 12:17 mmhmm wrote:
I've often lamented the fact that I'm unable to identify those four diligent souls.

if you save them to a control group at the start of the game and then never overwrite it, then when the game ends you can use that control group to identify them
brood war for life, brood war forever
-visnu-
Profile Joined April 2009
Australia150 Posts
November 30 2019 03:31 GMT
#3
On November 30 2019 12:26 Crunchums wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2019 12:17 mmhmm wrote:
I've often lamented the fact that I'm unable to identify those four diligent souls.

if you save them to a control group at the start of the game and then never overwrite it, then when the game ends you can use that control group to identify them

that would be cool
RAPiDCasting
Profile Joined July 2009
Korea (South)594 Posts
November 30 2019 03:53 GMT
#4
On November 30 2019 12:17 mmhmm wrote:
Brood war is a beautiful gane. It can be an emotional thing for me. Sometimes, after winning an epic 45 minute struggle, I'll stay in the game a while after my opponent leaves to marvel at my achievement.

But I did not achieve victory unassisted. None of us ever has.

In particular, I feel as if I owe an enormous debt to those original four workers that spawned at the start of the game. They were with me from the very beginning of my fight and, as often as not, some of them are still mining on my behalf all the way til the end.

I've often lamented the fact that I'm unable to identify those four diligent souls. I tend to have many workers by the end of the war (as do we all) and, despite my repeated pleas, those four laborers have never stepped forward to reveal themselves.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. And, if so, whether anyone has developed any ceremonies to honor those four brave souls who persevered.


Wow...I didn't ask for these feelings...

I guess on this Thanksgiving Day I'm truly thankful for those 4 original workers. And just think about the very first time they were ever spawned in the very first game of Broodwar...and they're still doing their job. It just brings a tear to my eye.
The faster caster. @RAPiDCasting
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
November 30 2019 04:37 GMT
#5
So how often do the four original workers survive a game?
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
CHEONSOYUN
Profile Joined August 2017
622 Posts
November 30 2019 07:31 GMT
#6
o /)

salute!
JAEDONG...!!! EFFORT IS ANGRY. ZERG...?!
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
November 30 2019 08:32 GMT
#7
On November 30 2019 13:37 Disregard wrote:
So how often do the four original workers survive a game?


Especially if you're zerg?
sunbeams are never made like me...
Poegim
Profile Joined February 2017
Poland298 Posts
November 30 2019 09:40 GMT
#8
http://rankgim.eu/Przechwytywanie.PNG
[ RANKGIM.EU ] Aka: Poezja[T4], Zulu. [[ Probably second best player in the world. In honor of my best friend Moagim, he was a Kraken from the sea. Poegim ]]
mmhmm
Profile Joined November 2019
22 Posts
November 30 2019 14:06 GMT
#9
If enough of us feel the same way, perhaps an upcoming patch could modify the game so that once all opponents leave:

Control group 1 automatically selects any remaining of the original four workers.
The Patrol command becomes Praise instead.
Attack becomes Applause.
Hold Position becomes Hug.
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
November 30 2019 14:49 GMT
#10
Thats why always 5 pool
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
November 30 2019 16:09 GMT
#11
Nowadays, you can actually just start the replay, select your starting workers and fast forward to the end of the match to see, how many survived and what they were doing.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
November 30 2019 17:42 GMT
#12
On November 30 2019 12:17 mmhmm wrote:
I wonder if anyone else feels the same way.


I don't. I simply click the "end game" button and go on. Because I know, I have to bring more victories to Aiur. The enemy never sleeps.
LML
AntiHack
Profile Joined January 2009
Switzerland553 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-30 21:58:18
November 30 2019 21:57 GMT
#13
It's just like the 12 original Dwarven in Dwarf Fortress, I always build special rooms for them and if one of them dies I craft a special tumb stone

Both Dwarven and SCV are miners if you think about it lol
"I am very tired of your grammar errors" - Zoler[MB]
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 30 2019 23:31 GMT
#14
Ah damn. Over 20 years later and we still get silly new things like this. Love it
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
seriosity
Profile Joined July 2009
United States214 Posts
December 01 2019 01:26 GMT
#15
This is beautiful.
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
December 01 2019 02:52 GMT
#16
If it makes you feel better the original 4 drones usually die to storm drops. so thanks protoss players for always ruining the dreams.
Flash should fear Sacsri
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-02 02:11:09
December 01 2019 03:06 GMT
#17
If you were a drone would you rather retire and become a building (maybe something nice and fancy like a spire or defiler den, maybe something more quaint like a sunken colony, or something big and busy like a hatchery) or live out the rest of your days mining gas from a depleted extractor?
Free Palestine
mmhmm
Profile Joined November 2019
22 Posts
December 01 2019 03:58 GMT
#18
If you were a drone would you rather retire and become a building (maybe something nice and fancy like a spire or defiler den, maybe something more quaint like a sunken colony, or something big and busy like a hatchery) or live out the rest of your dies mining gas from a depleted extractor?


Tough decision. I definitely wouldn't want to get stretched out into a nydus canal. That's gotta hurt.
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-01 04:51:59
December 01 2019 04:51 GMT
#19
I know for me, one of my original 4, ends up being my scouter because I hotkey that little guy at 1 from the start. He eventually dies in most games, but he is forever honored for the intel he provides. Long live his 3 brothers.
chillzzz
Profile Joined August 2018
30 Posts
December 01 2019 08:10 GMT
#20
This is the cutest thread that's ever been posted on tl.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 250
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 572
Larva 395
Leta 82
NaDa 47
TT1 25
Icarus 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm236
League of Legends
JimRising 718
Other Games
summit1g9359
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King82
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1096
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2126
League of Legends
• Rush1232
• Lourlo965
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 26m
INu's Battles
7h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 26m
Replay Cast
18h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.