• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11760 users

SC:R Closed beta is out - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-31 16:48:35
July 31 2017 16:46 GMT
#121
On August 01 2017 00:58 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2017 00:34 Ancestral wrote:
In a completely objective sense, given that Nony went 1-2 in the last round of a courage tournament in the midst of the most competitive era in BW history, there's an argument for his being the best foreigner of all time. Really bizarre he wouldn't be on Blizz's radar.

And I only refer to you in the third person to be objective. O well.


Ret has had big successes too, but i was talking about recent accomplishment and current best players, not the best players from 8 years ago. I'm fine with inviting some great players of the good old days and im looking forward to see them play. But going over players like trutacz, eonzerg, bonyth etc. in favor of those is just not right.

Actually I agree a lot with this. This was one of the things that annoyed me when I was at my peak, or maybe a bit before my peak, since that courage result and TSL2 obviously got me a lot of instant praise. Anyway, there's quite a bit of lag on recognition in general. The best players from a few years ago (or in this case, almost a decade ago) are treated better than the current best. If I was in charge of invites, I'd definitely go out and find the current best top foreigners and get them all in. Getting in a few "foreigner legends" and some current popular SC2 personalities would be great as well, but you've gotta be most in touch with the guys who are currently the most passionate and invested.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
July 31 2017 17:05 GMT
#122
I'd only argue that if you asked to be in and said you'd give feedback or stream it or what have you, they should say yes. Obv it'd be up to you if you wanted to do that.

Like I said, I acknowledge they have to economize their effort, so I'd concede they can't seek out everyone who has won over $2k in prizes total or achieved A- or higher on iCCup.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-31 17:24:50
July 31 2017 17:18 GMT
#123
I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was completely democratic and/or random. But the fact that Blizzard specifically reached out to SC2 players while neglecting the entire BW community irks me.

Yeah I'm sure it makes financial sense for them, whatever. It makes financial sense for Nestlé to monetize tap water too.
Tyrant.
SnowfaLL
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada730 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-31 17:28:22
July 31 2017 17:27 GMT
#124
is it possible that its a normal beta, people get lucky? I mean, in that case, Liquid has a massive following and I'm sure people would donate keys to people in Liquid, not saying you don't have fans Nony, but one going to Nazgul could be handed out to the crew, rather than one person.


I'm always unlucky in these beta's =[ but two weeks! Guess I'll hop back on original to get comfortable.
Favorites: Moon, Grubby, Naniwa, TAiLS, viOLeT, DongRaeGu
Moonsalt
Profile Joined May 2011
267 Posts
July 31 2017 17:42 GMT
#125
I'm so triggered. No offense to ret,tlo, drogo and other dudes but they just played it for like an hour on stream and will never touch this game ever again. And us, that have been waiting for this shit for months and just get absolutely nothing but a shitty 'advertisement' called 'closed beta'. FU Blizzudrdrd.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
July 31 2017 17:43 GMT
#126
On July 31 2017 20:27 LaLuSh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2017 18:20 HaN- wrote:
Nony didn't get SCR invite, even tho Blizzard has his infos from a previous event.


He should try starting Starcraft and logging in to battle.net.

I was whining about not being able to play remastered. Then a couple of hours later I tried to log into battle.net on regular Starcraft...

And once I logged in to the battle.net client the game just instantly switched from SD to HD.

I was also at the SC:Remastered summit with Nony.

Try logging on with your regular SC copy if you haven't already

They should give out more keys because I have to search for 10+ minutes to get a game on the ladder.

[image loading]

[image loading]

Also the ladder leaderboard seems to be broken for EU accounts. It won't load. Seems to happen to all EU players regardless of which server you connect to.


Exactly what happened to me. Tried a few games of bw for fun against a friend, ended up on the remastered. No email, no nothing, I just launched bnet.
Zest fanboy.
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
July 31 2017 17:45 GMT
#127
On August 01 2017 02:42 Moonsalt wrote:
I'm so triggered. No offense to ret,tlo, drogo and other dudes but they just played it for like an hour on stream and will never touch this game ever again. And us, that have been waiting for this shit for months and just get absolutely nothing but a shitty 'advertisement' called 'closed beta'. FU Blizzudrdrd.


Ret might stick to it, atleast for a while. But i agree with drogo, tlo and the other sc2 guys.
They played so bad that they are not intersted anymore.
Total Annihilation Zero
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 31 2017 17:46 GMT
#128
Damn I hope that happens to me...
When I think of something else, something will go here
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
July 31 2017 17:59 GMT
#129
I really don't get why people are mad now. This is called "beta" but in the end it's just advertising.
The product will be out in 2 weeks for everyone. It's not like you could contribute a lot now anyway.
Would it be nice to play 2 weeks before release? Sure. But damn if that actually angers you i don't know what to say tbh.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
July 31 2017 18:15 GMT
#130
We are mad because again SC2 gets preferential treatment as always.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
mca64Launcher_
Profile Joined June 2015
Poland629 Posts
July 31 2017 18:22 GMT
#131
Its a disgrace - Mana, Indy and others sc2 players from Poland has invites. Trutacz, bonyth etc doesnt has it.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
July 31 2017 18:38 GMT
#132
You are mad over basically nothing, not surprised by this ofc.
I would understand it if this was a closed beta which would run over a few months where blizzard actually asks for input, etc.
But this isn't the case, it's simply a form of advertising it to a western audience. Players like TLO are valuable for that, Trutacz is not. It's that simple. In two weeks everybody will be able to play the final product.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
July 31 2017 18:45 GMT
#133
On August 01 2017 03:38 The_Red_Viper wrote:
You are mad over basically nothing, not surprised by this ofc.
I would understand it if this was a closed beta which would run over a few months where blizzard actually asks for input, etc.
But this isn't the case, it's simply a form of advertising it to a western audience. Players like TLO are valuable for that, Trutacz is not. It's that simple. In two weeks everybody will be able to play the final product.

In my case, I'm not mad. But promotion is not all that matters. Current and past top-tier Brood War players obviously have something to contribute given their achievements. So a mixed strategy (get both coverage and the best possible feedback) wouldn't be a bad idea.

All that said, you're right it's only two weeks, and all that really needs to be done is bug testing.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
aFF]ZuluNAtion[
Profile Joined March 2009
Poland173 Posts
July 31 2017 18:47 GMT
#134
So they should just give acces to SC2 players and BW top players, not only SC2, its big dissapoinment and disprespect for loyal playerbase.
AKA: Poezja[T4], Poegim
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-31 19:04:10
July 31 2017 19:02 GMT
#135
Maybe I am too old, but I don't understand the urge to play a game in beta stage. It is very likely that the issues with the occasional missing inputs or falsely allocated control groups from 1.18 still exist for players with higher apm. I wouldn't want to play BW with updated graphics but worse gameplay. And sadly I wouldn't be surprised if this continues to be the case for quite some time after the release date (or even forever).
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
July 31 2017 19:06 GMT
#136
On August 01 2017 04:02 Cryoc wrote:
Maybe I am too old, but I don't understand the urge to play a game in beta stage. It is very likely that the issues with the occasional missing inputs or falsely allocated control groups from 1.18 still exist for players with higher apm. I wouldn't want to play BW with updated graphics but worse gameplay. And sadly I wouldn't be surprised if this continues to be the case for quite some time after the release date (or even forever).

That's the point of a beta... to get feedback from people with knowledge about what the problems are.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
July 31 2017 19:25 GMT
#137
I cannot connect to multiplayer at all. It says I need to upgrade and when I click the upgrade button, BW crashes and b.net app does nothing. When I restart, it's still the old version.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
radley
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland582 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-31 19:27:41
July 31 2017 19:26 GMT
#138
Guys stop yelling, since there is no logical reason in giving beta access to StaCraft: Brood War players, since they are going to buy Remastered edition anyway. I totally understand Blizzard decision - they know that in sc2 community there are many people who never touched sc1 and best way to make them interested is promoting game by their sc2 idols.
At the end it could be better for all of us - more relatively weaker players to smash. Honestly, the bad thing is that korean pros got access to beta (well most of them got it half-legally but accepted by Blizzard, if only someone's statement in this topic was correct). Their gameplay can be discouraging for sc2 players.
TL+ Member
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
July 31 2017 19:30 GMT
#139
On August 01 2017 04:25 NonY wrote:
I cannot connect to multiplayer at all. It says I need to upgrade and when I click the upgrade button, BW crashes and b.net app does nothing. When I restart, it's still the old version.


Try running the StarCraft Launcher exe in the install folder to install the update.
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-31 19:34:35
July 31 2017 19:33 GMT
#140
On August 01 2017 04:26 radley wrote:
Guys stop yelling, since there is no logical reason in giving beta access to StaCraft: Brood War players, since they are going to buy Remastered edition anyway. I totally understand Blizzard decision - they know that in sc2 community there are many people who never touched sc1 and best way to make them interested is promoting game by their sc2 idols.
At the end it could be better for all of us - more relatively weaker players to smash. Honestly, the bad thing is that korean pros got access to beta (well most of them got it half-legally but accepted by Blizzard, if only someone's statement in this topic was correct). Their gameplay can be discouraging for sc2 players.

I repeat, because the message apparently got lost, Betas are not only for advertising. In fact, that is not even their primary purpose. The primary purpose is refinement and playtesting, so yes, it absolutely makes sense to include the people who know the most about the game in the Beta in addition to the people who can hype it up, and it is absolutely ridiculous not to include them.

The hype people would be equally as effective after release, too, which is why the purpose of the Beta is what it is.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Reynor 250
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27455
Calm 2463
Shuttle 367
Mini 169
White-Ra 152
firebathero 91
Mong 56
scan(afreeca) 27
soO 13
ZZZero.O 13
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10121
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2365
fl0m2038
summit1g1727
FrodaN1476
B2W.Neo754
olofmeister741
Khaldor443
Beastyqt332
Livibee182
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 14
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• blackmanpl 25
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
Other Games
• imaqtpie999
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3m
BSL Open Qualifier
3m
OSC
4h 3m
Replay Cast
4h 3m
OSC
17h 3m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.