• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10554 users

PredY: "MistrZZZ will protect me!"

Forum Index > BW General
22 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-19 22:54:31
August 10 2014 15:36 GMT
#1
[image loading]
[image loading]
The Czech PredY has long been known as the best Terran from his country, and possibly the best player from the country altogether, mostly showing his strength in the team leagues. He tells his story.


Could you introduce yourself to us?
My name is Tomáš Pospíšil, I'm 24 years old and I'm from Czech republic. I started playing SC1 around 2000 and switched to SC2 when the game came out. I retired a year ago to focus on my studies, which i finished in June.

I see. What made you pick up Starcraft?
I started playing SC because my older brother used to play it. I basically played all games he did, but I sticked with SC because the game was really fun and when I learned people play it as a competition I started putting in serious practice. What I love about Starcraft is that you can always see a room for improvement in your game no matter how good you are. I always tried to get better.

The Czech community was always tight-knit. What can you tell us about it?
We have had quite a few really good players, like Destroyer, Dark_Caleb or Crow I'm sure people might remember those names. I was also part of famous Czech clan CDS (Czech Demolition Squad) and we competed in top divisions in every foreign clan league. Most Czechians are good friends with each other so LAN events are great fun here. I've met some really good people during my carreer that I consider to be my good friends.

Speaking of cool events, what's been your favourite event in Starcraft history for you personally?
Sadly in BW I didn't participate in any international event because i was too young back then. In SC2 my favorite event that I was part of was DreamHack Summer 2011 where I finished top16 which I consider to be my greatest achievement. I really enjoyed the system and admin work was the best I've ever seen. My favorite events that I wasn't part of are definitely all BW WCGs because they were the biggest and most prestigious events back then. I have always wanted to qualify for one, but sadly I never did (I was second in the qualifier only losing to Maix, the legendary Zerg)

Great, now people are going to wonder why I invited you!
Haha yes maybe, although I have played with a lot of the guys invited in top divisions CWs and I don't think I've done badly!

This is true. Let's go back a little bit more. Why did you pick Terran?
I used to play Protoss in fastest possible maps but then I "discovered" normal maps and luckily I was invited into a clan where the guys really helped me to improve. I then switched to Zerg, then to Terran, then to Zerg again and finally to Terran. I've enjoyed the challenge and loved TvZ bio vs lurker play. My favorite player back then was (and still is untill today) NaDa. Genius Terran.

That's a very good pick. Is there any reason for NaDa in particular?
I don't really remember any game in particular but I remember his APM and marine control which was insane. I loved watching his FPVods. That was the reason I really worked hard on my mechanics.

Nice. Is there anyone in the tournament in particular that you'd really like to beat?
I'd like to beat Ptak since we used to be teammates! But i'd love to play Mondi or Sen because I've never beat them before and now I might have a chance .

Now we need to move on to the more serious questions. What's your favourite food?
Beef tanderloin and cream sauce. I hope I got it right with the translation haha.

Who's your favourite Game of Thrones character?
Well Tyrion is EVERYONE's favorite character but other than him it's Stannis. The rightful king of Westeros! I really like his personality. He is gritty, can be harsh but is fair.

Seems fair. Which player would you bring along to a Game of Thrones wedding?
MistrZZZ the legend to protect me in case it got dangerous (which it would!)

Last but not least, is Jump (Czech manager of CDS and eSuba, its successor) your idol?
Haha Jump is like a big brother to me, I can't thank him enough for what he has done for me since we started working together (like 2005) as a captain. Always has made me feel like a star in the team haha. He is really a special person to me.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Too cute. Any last words before we close it out?
Yes i'd like to thank you for organizing this event and also to every BW fan and player that keep playing and watching this awesome game and keep it alive! BW forever.


The Brood War Reunion Tournament will start on Saturday, Aug 23 3:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00) and is sponsored by Silky Goose Studios.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
August 10 2014 16:26 GMT
#2
nice to have more interviews good games from predy vs shrinker good luck in tour
ace hwaiting!!
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
August 10 2014 16:40 GMT
#3
--- Nuked ---
Ketama)Djin(
Profile Joined November 2005
Germany2593 Posts
August 10 2014 16:59 GMT
#4
nice interview. i still know predy and CDS from BWCL back in the days 2003+. they were always very mannered which wasnt common at that time^^
lastride
Profile Joined April 2014
2390 Posts
August 10 2014 17:27 GMT
#5
Holy crap I remember cds)jump from back i the days!! Such a nice guy! Bw was an awesome community
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
August 10 2014 17:34 GMT
#6
MistrZZZ haha, oh how i miss the old days
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
August 10 2014 17:38 GMT
#7
Prey is a class act! I hope to see him do well. I miss seeing his game play in sc2 WoL. Show me those elegant 2 fact rushes top ply .
TL+ Member
binski
Profile Joined December 2010
United States225 Posts
August 10 2014 17:41 GMT
#8
PredY is incredibly mannered, I hope he destroys!
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
August 10 2014 18:04 GMT
#9
hf gl PredY! Seems like a nice dude. this tournament will be awesome!
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 10 2014 18:21 GMT
#10
This is hyping up to an awesome event.

Really appreciated the effort Artanis!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 10 2014 19:41 GMT
#11
Great interview! Can't wait to see the rest! :D
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3566 Posts
August 10 2014 19:47 GMT
#12
yeah for CDS!! great to see those interviews!!
Horang2 fan
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
August 10 2014 19:58 GMT
#13
game of throne wedding hahaha, nice interview
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
August 10 2014 20:53 GMT
#14
I really enjoyed this. Nice to hear from players that you haven't really heard from at all in some odd years.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
August 11 2014 00:02 GMT
#15
He still plays? Sweet
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
August 11 2014 09:28 GMT
#16
Looks like Tomas Pospisil was already taken.
Denia1
Profile Joined January 2011
148 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-11 11:56:20
August 11 2014 11:51 GMT
#17
The correct demonym for Czech Republic is just Czech. There is no Czechia or a Czechian person just like there is no Dutchian. If you really want to I guess you could call a Czech person Bohemian, even though that would not be 100% accurate, at least it would not make me cringe . ./grammar nazi mode off

Nice interview .
Bomber, MC, Jaedong, Scarlett, Grubby, DeMuslim, fy, Super, n0tail, Illidan, Universe
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 11 2014 12:08 GMT
#18
Learned something new, thanks Denia1
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
August 12 2014 19:12 GMT
#19
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy stream on
ace hwaiting!!
DarkNetHunter
Profile Joined October 2012
1224 Posts
August 12 2014 20:57 GMT
#20
Been watching the stream for a while, Predy has excellent taste in music, hope he does well in the tourny! :D
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 140
Nina 89
CosmosSc2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1656
GuemChi 1161
Artosis 491
910 36
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever156
League of Legends
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr19
taco 1
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox586
Other Games
summit1g7705
Day[9].tv635
shahzam473
C9.Mang0310
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur750
• Day9tv635
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 43m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.