• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:39
CEST 14:39
KST 21:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8721 users

Bisu, Tossgirl, and Ssak to play Bo5 with Chinese - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
August 07 2013 23:05 GMT
#121
Only $650 for Bisu? rofl. Maybe this means BW is making a comeback.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
mOojc
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia460 Posts
August 07 2013 23:20 GMT
#122
I would happily pay for 5 Bisus, 3 Tossgirls and maybe 1 sSak if I have some spare cash.
Larvator
Profile Joined May 2013
Ukraine87 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 00:43:35
August 08 2013 00:43 GMT
#123
People here complaining about how "cheap" Bisu is. But don't forget he'll be playing a game he was (or maybe still is) very fond of and he don't have to train hard to play this ShowMatch. So maybe in this event fun>money for Bisu.

+ Show Spoiler +
Hope this event will happen. It sounds too good to be true.
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
August 08 2013 01:01 GMT
#124
Looks like it's still at 2250 CNY, which it was when I checked before the SRT broadcast today. :/
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 01:06:49
August 08 2013 01:06 GMT
#125
On August 08 2013 07:52 Sevre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 04:14 BisuDagger wrote:
On August 07 2013 05:58 Sevre wrote:
I hope this doesn't signal the end of Bisu's career, his results in HotS have been improving and it seems like it's only his mindset that's holding him back. I know he's not a top priority for SKT1 but I'm still hoping he hits his stride in SC2.

I do. I would rather watch Bisu periodically play BW then be on a SC2 team and play every game. I love SKT1 and wish them the best, but Bisu's talent is wasted playing protoss in SC2.


I know where you're coming from, but it saddens me to see Flash and Jaedong steamroll ahead in SC2 while Bisu is forgotten about. From his interviews it seems like he just lacks confidence, so I hope he can get over those mental obstacles and become a dominant force like his old rivals again. If that doesn't work out though then I'd rather seem him play BW than anything else.


Bisu has actually looked fairly impressive in PvZ lately. His weakness is the mirror.

On August 08 2013 10:01 KristofferAG wrote:
Looks like it's still at 2250 CNY, which it was when I checked before the SRT broadcast today. :/


Find me a way to pay only for Tossgirl and I'll donate
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Tsutchie
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia951 Posts
August 08 2013 02:32 GMT
#126
On August 08 2013 04:14 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2013 05:58 Sevre wrote:
I hope this doesn't signal the end of Bisu's career, his results in HotS have been improving and it seems like it's only his mindset that's holding him back. I know he's not a top priority for SKT1 but I'm still hoping he hits his stride in SC2.

I do. I would rather watch Bisu periodically play BW then be on a SC2 team and play every game. I love SKT1 and wish them the best, but Bisu's talent is wasted playing protoss in SC2.


as soon as the last ssl was announced i forgot about sc2. the more stars coming back to brood war the better.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
August 08 2013 03:49 GMT
#127
I really hope all the players I loved from BW still go strong in SC2 just cuz theyre awesome, but when they decide they're done with SC2 in their own time I really hope that they'll come back the the game which forged them, and hopefully they have many years worth of good memories of. c:
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
tickingpig
Profile Joined August 2013
Australia1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 04:11:11
August 08 2013 04:10 GMT
#128
Bisu asked for 4000 CNY to play a bo5 online.......or just some Chinese want to pay that much to watch Bisu's play?
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
August 08 2013 13:28 GMT
#129
tossgirl please
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
August 08 2013 14:19 GMT
#130
On August 08 2013 12:49 traceurling wrote:
I really hope all the players I loved from BW still go strong in SC2 just cuz theyre awesome, but when they decide they're done with SC2 in their own time I really hope that they'll come back the the game which forged them, and hopefully they have many years worth of good memories of. c:


Probably too late for that. KT Rolster is supposedly dropping about half their players. (And before anyone asks, Flash was MVP this year, so he probably made the cut). Presumably, every good SC2 player on an ESF team is going to be snapped up by KeSPA teams, and then we'll have 9 SC2 teams in Korea (The 8 BW teams minus ACE and plus IM and Startale), and a lot of unemployed people who are really good at BW.

Bisu is probably facing a big pay cut from his BW glory, but he could maybe stay an SC2 player if he wanted to....which is a big if. Stork, however, fucking sucks at SC2 (he has a 13% win rate!), and also has been one of the most vocal about not liking SC2. I'd be surprised if Stork didn't go back to BW, if he can make hundreds of dollars an hour at it. He's the biggest "name" I'd give good odds to returning to BW.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 08 2013 19:40 GMT
#131
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming? I don't know man. I hope a lot of these guys are doing something else on the side (hopefully!). I have a hard time believing these guys are making a living off of BW now afreeca or not.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
August 08 2013 20:45 GMT
#132
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming?


Not from streaming, but if Bisu's getting $650 to play a Bo5....

(Also, we should all tweet Jaedong's boss (https://twitter.com/SirScoots) asking for some BW content. I bet we can actually get some Jaedong BW showmatches if we bug them enough)
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
August 08 2013 23:25 GMT
#133
On August 09 2013 05:45 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming?


Not from streaming, but if Bisu's getting $650 to play a Bo5....

(Also, we should all tweet Jaedong's boss (https://twitter.com/SirScoots) asking for some BW content. I bet we can actually get some Jaedong BW showmatches if we bug them enough)


I'm down. Would be interesting to see where he stands vs the current SOSPA scene.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
August 08 2013 23:46 GMT
#134
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming? I don't know man. I hope a lot of these guys are doing something else on the side (hopefully!). I have a hard time believing these guys are making a living off of BW now afreeca or not.


best thing we can do is supporting the korean scene. If Sonic continues to work up his production/size with casters, better stream decent finals etc more people will come to BW. This grants a bigger price pool and generally more money influx/ at some point even sponsoring. And on the long run, the aim has to be to make BW attractive again to sponors, thats where the money always came from.

So, preach the gospel, spread the word, tell your clanmates from past days, reactivate who you can. Thats what we can do besides producing fan content, which is important too.

Don't get me wrong im in for supporting a showmatch or something from time to time, but in the long run it wont be sustainable. But it seems like Afreeca is the way to go today.
Broodwar for life!
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
August 09 2013 00:09 GMT
#135
On August 09 2013 08:46 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming? I don't know man. I hope a lot of these guys are doing something else on the side (hopefully!). I have a hard time believing these guys are making a living off of BW now afreeca or not.


best thing we can do is supporting the korean scene. If Sonic continues to work up his production/size with casters, better stream decent finals etc more people will come to BW. This grants a bigger price pool and generally more money influx/ at some point even sponsoring. And on the long run, the aim has to be to make BW attractive again to sponors, thats where the money always came from.

So, preach the gospel, spread the word, tell your clanmates from past days, reactivate who you can. Thats what we can do besides producing fan content, which is important too.

Don't get me wrong im in for supporting a showmatch or something from time to time, but in the long run it wont be sustainable. But it seems like Afreeca is the way to go today.


I strongly endorse this message.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
August 09 2013 00:15 GMT
#136
Couple years later...
KeSPA: Fuck why'd we drop Brood War look how awesome Sonic is doing
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
August 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#137
I would personally pay Stork hundreds of dollars to return to BW. Sure just a one time payment is all I can afford, but I'd do it!

But anyway, Sonic should make a donation that 100% of the proceeds go to payouts for his tournaments. Has he considered this?
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
ShiroKaisen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1082 Posts
August 09 2013 01:21 GMT
#138
On August 09 2013 05:45 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming?


Not from streaming, but if Bisu's getting $650 to play a Bo5....

(Also, we should all tweet Jaedong's boss (https://twitter.com/SirScoots) asking for some BW content. I bet we can actually get some Jaedong BW showmatches if we bug them enough)


Scott doesn't work for EG anymore.

You're looking for @OttersAreSoCool (Alex Garfield, CEO) and @Gosutrolling (Cody Connors, "evoli," player manager).
Dame da na, zenzen dame da ze!
Ace Frehley
Profile Joined December 2012
2030 Posts
August 09 2013 01:24 GMT
#139
On August 09 2013 08:46 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming? I don't know man. I hope a lot of these guys are doing something else on the side (hopefully!). I have a hard time believing these guys are making a living off of BW now afreeca or not.


best thing we can do is supporting the korean scene. If Sonic continues to work up his production/size with casters, better stream decent finals etc more people will come to BW. This grants a bigger price pool and generally more money influx/ at some point even sponsoring. And on the long run, the aim has to be to make BW attractive again to sponors, thats where the money always came from.

So, preach the gospel, spread the word, tell your clanmates from past days, reactivate who you can. Thats what we can do besides producing fan content, which is important too.

Don't get me wrong im in for supporting a showmatch or something from time to time, but in the long run it wont be sustainable. But it seems like Afreeca is the way to go today.

If Sonic's leagues star to grow too big, wouldn't that attract Blizzard's attention, and wouldn't they throw lawyers at him, or something?
Just curious
...
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 09 2013 01:29 GMT
#140
On August 09 2013 10:24 Ace Frehley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 08:46 Cele wrote:
On August 09 2013 04:40 StarStruck wrote:
You really think Stork could make hundreds of dollars an hour from streaming? I don't know man. I hope a lot of these guys are doing something else on the side (hopefully!). I have a hard time believing these guys are making a living off of BW now afreeca or not.


best thing we can do is supporting the korean scene. If Sonic continues to work up his production/size with casters, better stream decent finals etc more people will come to BW. This grants a bigger price pool and generally more money influx/ at some point even sponsoring. And on the long run, the aim has to be to make BW attractive again to sponors, thats where the money always came from.

So, preach the gospel, spread the word, tell your clanmates from past days, reactivate who you can. Thats what we can do besides producing fan content, which is important too.

Don't get me wrong im in for supporting a showmatch or something from time to time, but in the long run it wont be sustainable. But it seems like Afreeca is the way to go today.

If Sonic's leagues star to grow too big, wouldn't that attract Blizzard's attention, and wouldn't they throw lawyers at him, or something?
Just curious

They are definitely allowed to do so. Not sure it would end any better than the Blizzard vs. Kespa wars though.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko359
ProTech135
Rex 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45931
Hyuk 1321
Jaedong 825
Soma 429
Soulkey 382
actioN 374
EffOrt 370
Horang2 362
BeSt 332
Mini 323
[ Show more ]
Zeus 264
Last 262
Light 260
Stork 226
910 191
Larva 179
Snow 135
ggaemo 126
Rush 114
ZerO 89
Pusan 83
Mind 63
Killer 49
Creator 45
Sharp 43
Shine 38
hero 34
JYJ 31
Shinee 26
Bale 24
Free 24
ToSsGirL 16
HiyA 15
Noble 14
yabsab 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7717
Dendi746
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1516
markeloff131
kRYSTAL_34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1606
crisheroes781
Other Games
gofns41373
singsing1963
B2W.Neo698
XBOCT337
hiko320
Pyrionflax268
byalli248
DeMusliM247
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King76
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1548
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH323
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1453
Other Games
• WagamamaTV190
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
22m
Rex0
The PondCast
21h 22m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.