• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:53
CEST 12:53
KST 19:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12242 users

Official games with lockdown in them

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
julealgon
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil120 Posts
June 09 2013 02:11 GMT
#1
Hey there guys.

I actually stopped watching SC vods for quite a while, around the time SC2 launched. Today, I randomly clicked on a NaDa vs Kingdom video from VioleTAK (I had this old subscription on his channel) and thought about asking this here.

This is all due to me usually not enjoying most of the games, since to me they seem to be too much of the same. This is one of the reasons that I really LOVE ghosts and I get very enthusiastic when I see that covert ops building . The excitement when a ghost locks down a reaver, carrier, arbiter or anything really is quite cool to me.

Since I don't have much time these days to hunt for this stuff, it's hard to try and filter all the games to find the ones that I would actually enjoy. But at the same time, I feel there must be a whole load of awesome games that I missed because of that.

As the title implies, I would prefer games where lockdown is used, but I do like games where unorthodox things in general are present: I was amazed by a game from a terran I don't remember the name, where he used optical flare combined with spider mines and turrets, or those nuclear missile heavy games against zerg, that game savior played with FireBatHero where restoration was used on the battlecruisers, those m&m games between UpMagic and nalRa, stuff like that.

With this in mind, could some of you guys post links to these kinds of games you remember watching? I know some of you are very avid fans and actually remember these kinds of details without having to go through a list of games and such (which unfortunately is not my case). I would love to make a playlist of this stuff on my account and watch all of them

I could compile a definitive list on the OP too, not sure if anyone would want that.

Also, it would be very cool if we could search for games based on the units and/or spells present on them. Does this actually exist somewhere? In a database of sorts, perhaps? I would kill to have a function to search for "every game in which optical flare is used" or "every protoss vs terran where mind control was used", for instance.

Would love to hear from you about these kinds of things,
Juliano
Here is hoping God implements save/load in the next version of life
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
June 09 2013 02:27 GMT
#2


best there is

22.05.2007 Sky Prolegue KFT vs ACE
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
June 09 2013 02:30 GMT
#3
heres a thread you miiiight wanna skim thru

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
June 09 2013 02:30 GMT
#4
There's a fanta tvp on match point with lockdown IIRC... Can't remember who it was vs tho
julealgon
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-09 02:49:35
June 09 2013 02:47 GMT
#5
On June 09 2013 11:27 icystorage wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6UG1HQ5qE

best there is

22.05.2007 Sky Prolegue KFT vs ACE

Ah I can tell this game apart from that picture alone xD. Yes, I've watched it, one of my favorites too! Thanks for the reminder!

On June 09 2013 11:30 SaetZero wrote:
heres a thread you miiiight wanna skim thru

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538

This is.... amazing!!! What a great thread, thanks a LOT for redirecting me to it. I did search a bit before creating this thread, but didn't see that one at all. I feel I will be "wasting" quite a bit of time in the coming days. Will surely bookmark it!
Here is hoping God implements save/load in the next version of life
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
June 09 2013 04:13 GMT
#6
I think the most freshest game on my mind that has lockdowns is HiyA vs free on Triathlon during the Hana Daetoo MSL, I believe. One of the highlights was when free was sending his Arbiters to HiyA's base for a [second] recall, but as the recall animation was happening, the ghost ended up locking down the Arbiter so the recall didn't actually happen. Got a great reaction from the commentators (of course) and the crowd...

I remember watching that series live, and I rarely watched Korean games live because of the time, and I was just so thankful of my fortunate timing that I witnessed one of the greatest series and possibly one of the best Brood War games ever.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Dullahan
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States248 Posts
June 09 2013 04:41 GMT
#7
I remember this video got me into SC in the first place:
(Linked to 0:57 for the lockdown clip)

Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
June 09 2013 05:16 GMT
#8
On June 09 2013 13:41 Dullahan wrote:
I remember this video got me into SC in the first place:
(Linked to 0:57 for the lockdown clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NqLDLXlu1s#t=0m57s


Oh god, haven't watched this in a while. Time for my millionth viewing.... They are all so good. I mean the drone protection vs the wraith is just insane!
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-09 06:28:52
June 09 2013 06:26 GMT
#9
leta did it once on hbr... let me see if i can find it
edit: here
brood war for life, brood war forever
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
June 09 2013 06:47 GMT
#10
Guemchi vs Really on Neo MEdusa also had ghosts iirc (game playing during STX masters)

but the TLPD VOD doesn't work
In the woods, there lurks..
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
June 09 2013 07:13 GMT
#11
how can you forget about hiya vs free?
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-09 07:18:53
June 09 2013 07:17 GMT
#12
Sea.Really vs Mantoss on Shades of Twilight :

"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
June 09 2013 07:29 GMT
#13
Ruby did this twice in a series against Jangbi:


Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
June 09 2013 07:30 GMT
#14
Hiya vs free is the most modern game that displayed lockdown.
It was a jizz worthy game.
▲ ▲ ▲
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
June 09 2013 21:49 GMT
#15
On June 09 2013 11:30 SaetZero wrote:
heres a thread you miiiight wanna skim thru

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197538

Oh my god, what a thread. You, sir, are a hero.
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
June 09 2013 21:56 GMT
#16
On June 09 2013 16:30 Taekwon wrote:
Hiya vs free is the most modern game that displayed lockdown.
It was a jizz worthy game.

Still remember this game. It has everything...lockdown, nukes, and even mind control
julealgon
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-10 03:36:41
June 10 2013 03:03 GMT
#17
Guys, where the hell is this hiya vs free game? I watched the last game on TLPD but there were no ghosts in it oO. I see that Hiya is using another name now too, 'Continuity', right?

Can any of you provide a link to the VOD? I'm dying to watch it!

Those two games from ruby were awesome, thanks jalstar o/

I'm watching that reach game now. I thing I've already seem it, but don't remember. I was always a huge reach fan, love his games.

EDIT:
Oh my!!! Just found that hiya vs free game... loved the clutch lockdown! Have to say thought free was very dumb for most of the initial minutes on the game.
Here is hoping God implements save/load in the next version of life
julealgon
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil120 Posts
June 16 2013 02:33 GMT
#18
On June 09 2013 11:30 rauk wrote:
There's a fanta tvp on match point with lockdown IIRC... Can't remember who it was vs tho

I searched youtube for 'fantasy match point' but couldn't find a game vs protoss with ghosts in them. Are you sure the map is correct? Would love to watch it

On June 09 2013 15:26 Crunchums wrote:
leta did it once on hbr... let me see if i can find it
edit: here

I remember this one! Just watched it again. Awesome game!

On June 09 2013 15:47 Iplaythings wrote:
Guemchi vs Really on Neo MEdusa also had ghosts iirc (game playing during STX masters)

but the TLPD VOD doesn't work

This one right? Don't remember having watched that before oO!


On June 09 2013 16:17 Glioburd wrote:
Sea.Really vs Mantoss on Shades of Twilight :

http://youtu.be/JYnXlvUTzsE

AMAZING GAME!!! Wow! Gotta love Seiya, one of my favorite Terrans right there with boxer and UpMagic! Reach looks as cool as ever too.


I decided to categorize these games using playlists on my youtube account, so that I could search for them later on. There is a handful of games that I still need to move there from my default 'Favorites' playlist though:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCja57T9lg8uXuUCPSAefQzw/videos?feature=guide&view=1

Thanks guys, this thread is already awesome to me! Please keep the games coming! Even if you don't have a direct link to the game but remember the map/players. I will do my best to track it down
Here is hoping God implements save/load in the next version of life
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 05:43:06
June 16 2013 05:38 GMT
#19
I think there was one between Hiya and Pure? I remember there were nukes and I think day9 did a daily on it.
Brb trying to find
Edit:

Ah nevermind it was Hiya and free which has already been linked

Here is the Day9 Daily for it if anyone is interested.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 06:25:51
June 16 2013 06:21 GMT
#20


http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/games/8263_firebathero_vs_UpMaGiC (no VOD, except a short excerpt from the end of 2007 starcraft highlights 1/2)
☺
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs HackErIsTop
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings148
CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10481
FanTaSy 1908
Hyuk 830
Horang2 556
BeSt 430
Pusan 221
Stork 208
EffOrt 197
Last 120
Zeus 113
[ Show more ]
Killer 112
Mind 109
sorry 70
Hyun 63
ggaemo 60
Snow 46
PianO 40
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 33
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 23
Aegong 17
Sacsri 11
zelot 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe250
Counter-Strike
fl0m1317
byalli820
x6flipin241
Other Games
gofns39678
singsing2638
ArmadaUGS88
Mew2King76
B2W.Neo72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 47
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 7m
Replay Cast
12h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.