• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9428 users

[OSL] The Last Chapter - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
410 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
August 03 2012 22:16 GMT
#121
I can't even pick a player to cheer for. I cheer for dominance, and 9-0 is just that. But at the same time KT must be avenged.

Teamspeak night
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
August 03 2012 22:22 GMT
#122
I'm gonna agree on Fantasy 3-2, but I'm hoping for either a Jangbi 3-2 repeat or a Fantasy 3-0 for the perfect score.

Regardless, the most important thing is that this finals really lives up to the hype, as this is more than the average finals, it's the end of an era, and got quite the legacy to live up to and bring closure to.
iinsom
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia339 Posts
August 03 2012 22:26 GMT
#123
Since flash was knocked out, ill be rooting for Fantasy.

So sad its last bw osl
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 22:30:18
August 03 2012 22:29 GMT
#124

Everyone will talk about what a great game Brood War was, and it will become a legendary game passed on through the generations as a lore until in the year 2222 February 22nd YellOw's great-great-great-great-great-grandson, who has become a billionaire, sponsors the revival of Brood War. Then it becomes an Olympic sport where Flash descends from heaven to win the first gold in the event.

Plausible.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
EerieTraveler
Profile Joined February 2012
67 Posts
August 03 2012 22:33 GMT
#125
Good luck. Have fun.
aye
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 03 2012 22:33 GMT
#126
Brood War Forever
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
August 03 2012 22:38 GMT
#127
I never played broodwar and I still get a sense of something special whenever I watch it. I hope BW gets the end it deserves and goes down in history as (one of) the greatest game(s) people ever had the pleasure to play/watch.
bLecK
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia625 Posts
August 03 2012 22:42 GMT
#128
If I have but one regret in my infatuation with eSports, it's that I didn't get into BW sooner...
Yoo Ara | Lee Min Jung /Suzy/Taeyeon/Eunji/ NaRae/ Alice
Kazius
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Israel1456 Posts
August 03 2012 22:45 GMT
#129
I had a feeling that Fantasy just had every edge versus Flash... but now, even more against Jangbi. Historically, all of SKT helps Fantasy prepare for the OSL, which is where he has historically had his best showings. Samsung Khan on the other hand puts the team first. Fantasy is in great form, while Jangbi has obviously been practicing SC2 a whole lot (has improved to an insane degree these past few weeks). Fantasy's TvP is the matchup where he excels far beyond the others, and is the hottest player at the moment.

I'm guessing a clean 3-0 sweep, and as BW ends and we count the medals, Protoss will not have a last hurrah to make up for the damning statistics. Fantasy will crush face.
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Anyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
August 03 2012 22:46 GMT
#130
I've been watching BW for a long time but I don't think I've seen any OSL finals live yet, looking forward to it
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 03 2012 22:52 GMT
#131
On August 04 2012 07:45 Kazius wrote:
I had a feeling that Fantasy just had every edge versus Flash... but now, even more against Jangbi. Historically, all of SKT helps Fantasy prepare for the OSL, which is where he has historically had his best showings. Samsung Khan on the other hand puts the team first. Fantasy is in great form, while Jangbi has obviously been practicing SC2 a whole lot (has improved to an insane degree these past few weeks). Fantasy's TvP is the matchup where he excels far beyond the others, and is the hottest player at the moment.

I'm guessing a clean 3-0 sweep, and as BW ends and we count the medals, Protoss will not have a last hurrah to make up for the damning statistics. Fantasy will crush face.


JangBi have been practicing mostly BW and is good at SC2 at the same time.

This is the J vs F that we need not the J vs F that we deserve.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Arhkangel
Profile Joined August 2007
Argentina769 Posts
August 03 2012 22:58 GMT
#132
Wow... I'm gonna cry so much during the awards ceremony

BroodWar forever will be the greatest game ever made Long live the legends!
Part Time Ninja
gCgCrypto
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany297 Posts
August 03 2012 23:03 GMT
#133
I dont care who wins but let the games be AMAZING so BroodWar gets the Ending it deserves. Jangbi and Fantasy FIGHTING!
L E E J A E D O N G ! <3
Trufflez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia174 Posts
August 03 2012 23:05 GMT
#134
I am going to miss you. So, so much.
The winnings in life go to the people who show up.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
August 03 2012 23:19 GMT
#135
I don't care if I only get 2 hours of sleep tonight before work, I'm watching the shit out of this!
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
August 03 2012 23:20 GMT
#136
I got into BW late and I regret not having learnt of this amazing game earlier.

Yeah I may not play it and when I did I sucked hard.
But watching it was one of the best things ever seeing all this passion in TL watching Sayle and NuketheStars catching up on all the vods, reading about BWs history on TL.
I may have only watched BW for 1-2 years now but I will have to hold back my tears when the greatest and oldest E-Sport takes its last bow and exits the stage.

Thank you TeamLiquid and BroodWar for an amazing time

Goodbye OSL everyone will miss you
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
August 03 2012 23:31 GMT
#137
5 years of staying up late watching BW tournaments, across 3 different places I've been living since then. So many memories. And this will be the last one.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 23:34:51
August 03 2012 23:34 GMT
#138
What is the GOMTV equivalent for OSL? If there is such a thing.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 03 2012 23:37 GMT
#139
On August 04 2012 08:34 Mozdk wrote:
What is the GOMTV equivalent for OSL? If there is such a thing.


It was called the GOMTV classic and it only ran for 3 seasons.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
awwnuts07
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States621 Posts
August 03 2012 23:41 GMT
#140
StormToss ftw.
I'm a noob
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft441
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft441
WinterStarcraft271
RuFF_SC2 120
PiLiPiLi 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1067
White-Ra 160
Hyuk 60
Noble 52
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5449
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox653
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor734
Other Games
summit1g8145
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0328
ViBE59
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21321
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 8m
Online Event
9h 8m
FEL
14h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.