• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:01
CEST 10:01
KST 17:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8418 users

[Twitter Q&A] Oov - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
216 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
December 18 2011 11:12 GMT
#101
Also sick translation effort. Thanks.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
December 18 2011 11:19 GMT
#102
Wow, great read!

Thanks a lot!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
December 18 2011 11:23 GMT
#103
On December 18 2011 19:53 LaLuSh wrote:
Show nested quote +
The process of instructing players only becomes fun once they reach a certain skill level. Without a good foundation, they won't be able to execute a strategy, and even if they do by accident, it's building a castle on sand. I would say players that are at least a 3 out of 5 in terms of skill are the ones that are capable of discussing a strategy and bringing improvement to both sides.


And people get mad at me for categorically refusing to give them strategy advice unless they are at least mid GM. Oov doesn't even think 90% of his progamer team are worth giving strategy advice to, hahaha, lol what a bad ass.

It shows how stubborn people are. This quote could interpret it like that: get better so you can get these advices. It works both way as well. You get better for yourself in order to reach the goal.
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
December 18 2011 11:24 GMT
#104
Great interview. Thanks because translating. I'm really appreciate it
Learn,live and love it.
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
December 18 2011 11:28 GMT
#105
@bbosyuk: The void created by the lack of the 'Build master' this season has been more than noticeable. Do you have a build that you are particularly proud of? Are there any players that you feel would have become one of the greats if he had played terran and you were his coach?

A : I am proud of many of my builds. I would have to pick the slow mechanic Terran that produces agony and delicious Zerg tears everywhere as my proudest product, though. In ZvT, Zerg must play reactionary Starcraft according to the factory timings. If factories go up quickly, the Terran can go quick Starport, or build more factories, or switch to bio. Factories are key to a Terran's build order. When Fantasy was preparing for the Incruit OSL semi-finals, I realized factories are what dictate the flow of the game in ZvT', and it has made it much easier for Terrans to face Zergs.


Delicious zerg tears indeed.

What a great interview, and oov certainly seems quite eloquent from his speech. Thanks alot for the translation!
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
December 18 2011 11:35 GMT
#106
Wow, just wow. I already had mad respect for him since reading Plexa's and Ver's article about him, and man, this interview did not disappoint. Clearly one of the smartest player ever to touch the game, and one of the greatest coach. Cut off the modesty man, I think you trashtalking NaDa and saying SKTT1 owed you much was waaaaay more fun :D
Many thanks for the translation !
PS : Would like to hear what Nazgul think about it^^
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
December 18 2011 11:39 GMT
#107
This interview makes me so nostalgic. Oov is the best thing that ever happened to StarCraft. iloveOov!
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
Ornithorynquez
Profile Joined August 2009
430 Posts
December 18 2011 11:47 GMT
#108
On December 18 2011 12:32 rotinegg wrote:
* Oov is extremely well-versed; his vocabulary is well-developed for a progamer (a lot of them dropped out of school early so they speak like a 10 year old) and shares some deep insights. I tried my best to capture every bit of his thoughts, but I strongly advise you to read it in Korean if you can.


I really wanted to point that too. He speaks a LOT. You just confirmed what i was thinking about players in interviews, they have hard time to express themselves in a subtile way, they sometimes look a bit dumb (see last Bisu's interview). At first i thought they were just shy, but the lack of school just makes itself felt. So hate towards them here btw
I have to return some videotapes.
ImperialTea
Profile Joined June 2011
France187 Posts
December 18 2011 12:02 GMT
#109
Excellent, thoughtful interview, it's really cool to see how reflected oov is. Thanks a lot for the translation!
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
December 18 2011 12:09 GMT
#110
I really don't like to exaggerate stuff.
This interview was hands down the most insightful piece of reading I've had since I followed Brood War.
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
December 18 2011 12:43 GMT
#111
Oov is a true legend, and as insightful as his ingame intelligence would suggest.

Thanks foe the translation.
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
December 18 2011 12:50 GMT
#112
may i kindly ask you to put the questions in bold, or the answers in italic or something to make it easier to read
thanks anyways
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
December 18 2011 12:53 GMT
#113
Just beautiful Farewell Gorilla Terran
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11813 Posts
December 18 2011 12:57 GMT
#114
Tremendously great read. Thanks for translating!

Best of luck to Mr. Choi!!!
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
ymir233
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States8275 Posts
December 18 2011 13:06 GMT
#115
And so a titan of progaming passes his wisdom onto his successors.

If I were to coach Jaedong or Bisu, I would first practice their respective race so I am on par with their skill level. When I coach a player, I don't ask for justifications or motives behind their every move. I believe a coach must be on the same page as the player so that he can understand the player's decisions by just watching. In order to do that, coaches need to be able to play like an S-class player. That would be the only way to get the players to respect you as a coach.


I don't think I have enough respect left to squeeze out of my body for this man.
Come motivate me to be cynical about animus at http://infinityandone.blogspot.com/ // Stork proxy gates are beautiful.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
December 18 2011 13:12 GMT
#116
On December 18 2011 22:06 ymir233 wrote:
And so a titan of progaming passes his wisdom onto his successors.

Show nested quote +
If I were to coach Jaedong or Bisu, I would first practice their respective race so I am on par with their skill level. When I coach a player, I don't ask for justifications or motives behind their every move. I believe a coach must be on the same page as the player so that he can understand the player's decisions by just watching. In order to do that, coaches need to be able to play like an S-class player. That would be the only way to get the players to respect you as a coach.


I don't think I have enough respect left to squeeze out of my body for this man.


I honestly believe that he could get on that level too.
kiss kiss fall in love
poorcloud
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore2748 Posts
December 18 2011 13:13 GMT
#117
Hes really intelligent, which is something you don't really get the chance to see from all the pro-gamers out there today.
Femari
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2900 Posts
December 18 2011 13:47 GMT
#118
The perspective on the sAviOr scandal just changes my thoughts completely. It just makes me sad that he couldn't find his way, and he is suffering greatly cause of it.

The whole interview is just the best one I've read on TL to date.
Mvp | BoxeR | MarineKing | MC | viOlet | Scarlett | Flash | Bisu | XellOs | Sea | Fantasy | By.Sun
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
December 18 2011 13:52 GMT
#119
Wowowow long and complicated interview. Thanks for taking the time to translate this; I can only imagine it was an ordeal.

Really awesome to read Oov's thoughts! I'm moved and inspired by a lot of what he said, and I learned a lot of things I didn't know (eg he has a son!?).
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
December 18 2011 14:11 GMT
#120
There... is... too much gold in this piece.

I cannot understand and my brain cannot be filled with all this knowledge at once.

I need to take it easy with this piece and read it over several weeks... lol
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 576
Hyun 45
NotJumperer 43
Killer 36
Bale 33
scan(afreeca) 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Larva 15
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto144
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
edward50
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g8450
olofmeister762
Coldzera 702
Happy271
Sick152
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick558
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos846
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 59m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 59m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 59m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.