• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:16
CEST 02:16
KST 09:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8063 users

Proleague 2011-2012 Format - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
492 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 25 Next All
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
November 17 2011 10:32 GMT
#161
Maybe the Shinhan folks agreed to sponsor if the scene switches to SC2? Assuming that anyone in Korea still plays that game.

Anyway - New season incoming! Too bad it's not Bo7 so we can have 3+ hour match-ups, but a Bo5 will do just fine.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
November 17 2011 10:35 GMT
#162
On November 17 2011 19:28 sixfour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 19:21 Ryo wrote:
On November 17 2011 19:05 ImbaTosS wrote:
On November 17 2011 17:15 Ryo wrote:
After some reflection, I think I can accept the new format. But BOTH halves of the season better be pure BW or else...

Yeeeeah... I'm thinking probably not TT TT TT TT

I can't see the logic of not having a Grand Final unless it's because of this.


because it's effectively two separate seasons.

I know it's effectively two separate seasons, that's what no Grand Final means. My question was, what's the point of this?
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
November 17 2011 10:35 GMT
#163
On November 17 2011 19:28 sixfour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 19:21 Ryo wrote:
On November 17 2011 19:05 ImbaTosS wrote:
On November 17 2011 17:15 Ryo wrote:
After some reflection, I think I can accept the new format. But BOTH halves of the season better be pure BW or else...

Yeeeeah... I'm thinking probably not TT TT TT TT

I can't see the logic of not having a Grand Final unless it's because of this.


because it's effectively two separate seasons.


No, actually what Ryo means is BW first season, SC2 second season, which is why there's no Grand Final(why would you have a Grand Final between a BW winner and SC2 winner).

If both seasons are BW seasons, then there's no doubt there should be a Grand Final between both seasons' winner, unless KeSPA thinks only one team will win both seasons.
(´・ω・`)
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2605 Posts
November 17 2011 10:35 GMT
#164
On November 17 2011 19:31 red4ce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 19:06 BroodWarHD wrote:
The fact is, they had to change it up, dramatically. The way last season was run wasnt apparently commercially viable and sustainable - the sponsors pulling out, TV ratings low as theyve been. So they did, with the concise BO5 format, to focus the proleague content on the best players, and league straight to the point with the double finals, making every game count. Remember, this is business, they cannot continue doing the same thing if it isnt turning a profit. And for the few past seasons, Proleague hasnt.


So then what could possibly be the rationale for removing the ace match?


To accommodate for the larger player rosters on each team. The ace match system alongside a Bo5 would result in teams only needing to field 2 good players. I'm still sad : (
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
November 17 2011 10:36 GMT
#165
I'm not exactly happy with the new format but I can't bring myself to be upset... PL is back!
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
nok.jp
Profile Joined August 2009
Japan248 Posts
November 17 2011 10:38 GMT
#166
Sorry for my bad english...

>Semi-PO and PO will be Best out of 3, while Finals will be only one match.

I can't get this line. (I read original Korean article, but still I can't understand what it means ;( )
It means Finals will be Bo3 too?
( ゚∀゚)o彡°ビョング!ビョング! A writer @ sc-times.net
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 10:41:39
November 17 2011 10:41 GMT
#167
On November 17 2011 19:32 Emon_ wrote:
Assuming that anyone in Korea still plays that game.


you're hilarious.
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
November 17 2011 10:41 GMT
#168
Actually, I hope with this new format it means KeSPA is allocating some time for OGN to host the next OSL, because Bo7 format really takes a long time. On a 4-3 match, game lasted roughly 3 hours+, which is kinda tiring for both the teams and the commentators IMO.

On November 17 2011 19:38 nok.jp wrote:
Sorry for my bad english...

>Semi-PO and PO will be Best out of 3, while Finals will be only one match.

I can't get this line. (I read original Korean article, but still I can't understand what it means ;( )
It means Finals will be Bo3 too?


In the play-offs, the teams will play against each other at least twice, maximum thrice(Bo3 matches, first to win two matches advance). Finals is only one match.
(´・ω・`)
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
November 17 2011 10:45 GMT
#169
Lol no Ace match or Winner's League? KT wooden spooners here we come!
Sucker for nostalgia
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4389 Posts
November 17 2011 10:45 GMT
#170
Wow...cant say Im that happy with this news...we have less games, no grand final, no hype before the 5th game (at least not the same, because chances of having 2 big guns playing each other are slimmer now it seems) and the thing that worries me the most is the time of the games....

Wtf 12h and 16h KST its 3am and 7am around here (it will change to 4 and 8 once summer time comes but how long till that=/?). Dont they like europeans?
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Deshkar
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore1244 Posts
November 17 2011 10:47 GMT
#171
More curious about the 2nd season and lack of grand finals =/
villageidiot
Profile Joined May 2009
353 Posts
November 17 2011 10:50 GMT
#172
this is some bullshit
Good night sour prince. You won't be missed!
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
November 17 2011 10:51 GMT
#173
On November 17 2011 19:45 KobraKay wrote:
Wtf 12h and 16h KST its 3am and 7am around here (it will change to 4 and 8 once summer time comes but how long till that=/?). Dont they like europeans?


So by your logic, you want them to play at midnight and 4am in the morning to cater you guys? The fangirls need to sleep too, you know?
(´・ω・`)
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 17 2011 10:54 GMT
#174
I'm SUPER happy that it's starting and all!

But... no ace match really brings a tear to my eye.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
nok.jp
Profile Joined August 2009
Japan248 Posts
November 17 2011 10:55 GMT
#175
On November 17 2011 19:41 sinistral wrote:
Actually, I hope with this new format it means KeSPA is allocating some time for OGN to host the next OSL, because Bo7 format really takes a long time. On a 4-3 match, game lasted roughly 3 hours+, which is kinda tiring for both the teams and the commentators IMO.

Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 19:38 nok.jp wrote:
Sorry for my bad english...

>Semi-PO and PO will be Best out of 3, while Finals will be only one match.

I can't get this line. (I read original Korean article, but still I can't understand what it means ;( )
It means Finals will be Bo3 too?


In the play-offs, the teams will play against each other at least twice, maximum thrice(Bo3 matches, first to win two matches advance). Finals is only one match.


OH now I got it! Thank you!
I misread that it means "games number". As I read the article, there are no mentions of the games number in Finals.
Finals will be BO5 too maybe?
( ゚∀゚)o彡°ビョング!ビョング! A writer @ sc-times.net
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
November 17 2011 10:56 GMT
#176
On November 17 2011 19:45 DropBear wrote:
Lol no Ace match or Winner's League? KT wooden spooners here we come!


philosophical question: would you rather support a wooden spooner or a team that doesn't exist?
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 10:57:33
November 17 2011 10:57 GMT
#177
On November 17 2011 19:55 nok.jp wrote:
I misread that it means "games number". As I read the article, there are no mentions of the games number in Finals.
Finals will be BO5 too maybe?


i hope the finals will be BO7, with an ace match.
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
nok.jp
Profile Joined August 2009
Japan248 Posts
November 17 2011 11:05 GMT
#178
On November 17 2011 19:57 zeehar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 19:55 nok.jp wrote:
I misread that it means "games number". As I read the article, there are no mentions of the games number in Finals.
Finals will be BO5 too maybe?


i hope the finals will be BO7, with an ace match.

YES it must be... ;(
I'm pretty sad semiPO and PO is also BO5... It's too short!
( ゚∀゚)o彡°ビョング!ビョング! A writer @ sc-times.net
George_the_man
Profile Joined May 2011
796 Posts
November 17 2011 11:13 GMT
#179
I dont like that changes at all... any of them
kamikami
Profile Joined November 2010
France1057 Posts
November 17 2011 11:14 GMT
#180
Yeah no ACE match, awesome format. That will definitely prevent teams from having unfair ace advantage and make it much more interesting.
Khassar de Templari
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 931
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4468
JimRising 704
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10251
FrodaN2831
C9.Mang0244
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP96
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 44m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 44m
Replay Cast
22h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.